Exercise - 35 mins Total body Workout- with weights

16th July
    Steps - 2302
    Exercise - 0

Happy Friday, All
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    jguldi11 wrote: »
    @conleywoods congrats!! You look amazing and so happy. So inspiring!

@jugar may I use my weight for today? I will be camping for the next few days and won't be around a scale or internet service until sometime next week.

If so my numbers are as follows:

PW 243.2
    CW 242.1
    LTD 26.9

If not I'll post my weigh in some time next week.

Thanks for the ongoing motivation!

no problem! Have a great time camping.
  • jugar
    @evangsimmons170
    PW 345.2
    CW 344.6
    LTD 30.2

So this is the week where the rubber meets the proverbial road. I'm back on contract now at work and sat in meetings (not virtual) all day, every day, Tuesday through Thursday. (I'm in Texas, where it is mandated by state law to wear a mask in public, so we were all masked and socially distant.) By yesterday my spine was hurting so bad! Up until yesterday, I had not realized how much my body had adjusted to 6 out of 7 days of intentional exercise every week. It's no longer accustomed to a sedentary lifestyle, thank God! I could not wait to workout last night when I got home!

Meanwhile, I'm in my 3rd week of my two eight week doctoral courses, and I've got LOTS of work to complete before 10:59 (CST) Sunday night!

Add to that....another school district emailed me last Sunday afternoon for a virtual interview the following day for their Dean of Instruction position. Thankfully, I'm in the habit of checking my junk mail daily because that's where the email invite went. I had to write an essay for the interview on Monday. Create a meeting agenda based on a data set they sent me for Tuesday's interview. On Tuesday before the interview, I had to watch a video and take notes, and then plan an instructional coaching conversation. During the actual second interview on Tuesday, I had to walk them through my agenda, explain my thinking, and engage them in a mock instructional coaching session based on the video. Yeah, that was a lot just to get a job! Thankfully, HR has hired me but it's not official until I'm placed at a campus. So I'm waiting to hear from one of the principals.

So that's been my insane week, but I'm still standing! Gotta run..... :smiley:
    Now THAT is some week!! It is so good when your self definition has changed to "I am a active person and I exercise every day". Even when you have meetings all day, you get it done! Good luck with all your course work - it sounds like you are able to put all kinds of amazing stuff together on the fly. Fly Rhonda Fly!!
  • jugar
    All right folks! Tomorrow is the final day of week 3, and all the catching up will be due. So far we are looking great this week - way better than last week, for sure. That wouldn't be hard, but heck - let's be proud anyhow!

Saturday weigh-ins:
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
    @Terytha
    @Micki48
    @matthewsfive
    @Stefbomb2020
    @Cerizez
    @lovethyneighbor

Still needed:
    @alexsandramorff
    @CM_73
    @Steph1498

Thanks!
  • Cerizez
    Cerizez Posts: 155 Member
    @jugar - thanks so much for organising all this: I imagine that the work you and the other team leaders do behind the scenes must be quite something: several hours per week, at least. It is very much appreciated.

Thanks everyone for your posts: it's wonderful to see the group dynamic of encouragement and support.
  • Cerizez
    Cerizez Posts: 155 Member
    @evangsimmons170 - your week is quite something. Talk about a work ethic!!!!! With bells on!

Congrats on the job offer: am delighted for you.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    @evangsimmons170

PW 345.2
    CW 344.6
    LTD 30.2

@matthewsfive I'm so glad your test results came back negative! I know you and your family are relieved!

@eggfreak Super congrats on that huge loss this week! Great work!

So this is the week where the rubber meets the proverbial road. I'm back on contract now at work and sat in meetings (not virtual) all day, every day, Tuesday through Thursday. (I'm in Texas, where it is mandated by state law to wear a mask in public, so we were all masked and socially distant.) By yesterday my spine was hurting so bad! Up until yesterday, I had not realized how much my body had adjusted to 6 out of 7 days of intentional exercise every week. It's no longer accustomed to a sedentary lifestyle, thank God! I could not wait to workout last night when I got home!

Meanwhile, I'm in my 3rd week of my two eight week doctoral courses, and I've got LOTS of work to complete before 10:59 (CST) Sunday night!

Add to that....another school district emailed me last Sunday afternoon for a virtual interview the following day for their Dean of Instruction position. Thankfully, I'm in the habit of checking my junk mail daily because that's where the email invite went. I had to write an essay for the interview on Monday. Create a meeting agenda based on a data set they sent me for Tuesday's interview. On Tuesday before the interview, I had to watch a video and take notes, and then plan an instructional coaching conversation. During the actual second interview on Tuesday, I had to walk them through my agenda, explain my thinking, and engage them in a mock instructional coaching session based on the video. Yeah, that was a lot just to get a job! Thankfully, HR has hired me but it's not official until I'm placed at a campus. So I'm waiting to hear from one of the principals.

So that's been my insane week, but I'm still standing! Gotta run..... :smiley:

WOw what a week indeed!!! Congratulations on your new position. Glad to see your hard work payoff. Stay safe. Texas is kind of wild right now with Covid19 cases and such.

Good luck as you orient to the new position and keep walking. 👏🏼🎉👟❤️
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Yesterday was good for exercise - a back workout at the gym - but I ended up a bit over on my food. Got to the end of the day and was so hungry I knew if I didn't eat something I would never get to sleep...
This discussion has been closed.