TRIMSTONES Team Chat - July 2020

1151618202126

Replies

  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 3,856 Member
    Emmajhare wrote: »
    The second thing I wanted to share is that sadly the hard part for me is definitely not over!

    This is my weight chart since I first discovered MFP 10 years ago. If you could see the data points you would see that every time I stop using the app to chart my food and weight, it piles back on again with some extra. I'm good at losing weight. I am NOT good at maintaining it the other end.

    So my lovely Trimstones, I'm looking to you to help prevent the rebound this time. Please keep inspiring me and sharing your great ideas, as well as the hard bits, so we can all keep on the right path together!

    @Emmajhare We gotcha gal!! CONGRATULATIONS on your accomplishment!!! Enjoy the feeling! You earned it!

    Now, begin to think about what you want your maintenance range to be. Once you hit your goal, we'll move you to the "In the Goal Zone" and you continue to report and support, in that range! I'm inspired by your photo...wow think of all your hard work!!! Great job, my friend!
    Jessica
  • UCGRocks
    UCGRocks Posts: 208 Member
    @Jax_Grim wishing you and your family the best through this.
    @Emmajhare very inspiring loss. Could you share maybe tip and tricks from your awesome transformation? Thanks
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,893 Member
    Jen_967
    Sunday weigh-in
    PW: 210.2
    CW: 209.4
    LTD: -56.6lbs
  • schlerin
    schlerin Posts: 801 Member
    July 12, 2020 8:42AM edited July 12
    Sunday
    Week 4
    PW: 205.0
    CW: 206.6
    Ltd (Jan 1st) = +3.4 lb
    Since joining MFP: +6.6 lb
    Best weigh in: 189.8
    Steps:
    7/13 = 17,554
    7/14 = 10,932
    7/15 = 2,323
    7/16 = 10,921
    7/17 = 7,956
    7/18 = 13,234
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember slow and steady wins the race! B)

    8a5t8cwoqk1o.png
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,134 Member
    oum6kmta1242.jpg
    23x7042wz4j2.png
    q8oziy0a9ve8.png
    aut3oadtiv1r.png

    PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Waist Aways 0.58%
    1st #2 Trimstones 0.58%
    2nd Shrinking Assets 0.38%
    3rd Weight No More 0.31%

    PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Waist Aways 26.8 Lbs
    2nd Trimstones 26.0 Lbs
    3rd Shrinking Assets 15.3 Lbs

    PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    @eggfreak 4.44 %
    2nd @cerizez 3.58%
    3rd @Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong 3.12 %

    PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong 10.8 Lbs
    2nd @eggfreak 7.0 Lbs
    3rd @Jax_Grim 5.7 Lbs

    HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @RaeWats
    @kirsten11872
    @tryingagain5
    @raleighgirl09
    @Jen_967
    @DesertColibri
    @Mrsbell8well
    @cherrymajoni
    @conleywoods

    vyefaddprhm5.png

  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,134 Member
    zv0ctyh77gz0.jpg



    50+ Lbs Lost

    Smart_beautiful_and_strong

    40+ lost

    Conleywoods

    25 lbs lost
    Kirsten11872
    Arc130

    MILESTONES

    Under 325
    Jessicakrall8

  • ShredWeek1
    ShredWeek1 Posts: 188 Member
    Sunday weigh in:

    Pw: 146.8 (I think)
    CW: 140
    LTD: 2 lbs
  • ShredWeek1
    ShredWeek1 Posts: 188 Member
    Oops, just ignore the above..for whatever reason I can't edit it:

    It should read:

    PW 146.8
    CW 146
    LTD 2 lbs
    (SW 148)

    (*I think I had 140 stuck in my brain from a prior poster's amazing success story!)
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 3,856 Member
    ShredWeek1 wrote: »
    Oops, just ignore the above..for whatever reason I can't edit it:

    It should read:

    PW 146.8
    CW 146
    LTD 2 lbs
    (SW 148)

    (*I think I had 140 stuck in my brain from a prior poster's amazing success story!)

    Corrected...it's still a great loss!! Good job! Also, if you want to edit a post, you have a one hour period where you can, but you have to go out and come back to the page to do so.

    Jessica
  • ShredWeek1
    ShredWeek1 Posts: 188 Member
    7/19: 8526

    Just a glorious day here...a night full of rain, and everything now is so cool and sweet!
  • Emmajhare
    Emmajhare Posts: 224 Member
    UCGRocks wrote: »
    @Emmajhare very inspiring loss. Could you share maybe tip and tricks from your awesome transformation? Thanks

    Sure thing. One of the biggest challenges I faced is that my husband has a very fast metabolism and needs to eat A LOT more calories than me. It doesn't work to just try to stick to smaller portions, either I'm left feeling hungry or he has too much food to eat. So, I've needed to do a few things to get around this:

    1. Focus on the meals we don't eat together. Ensure I'm eating a lower calorie breakfast and lunch (around 300 calories per meal) and that he packs in the calories during those meals (usually by him eating lots of bread, which I avoid unless having as a treat).
    2. Encouraging him to eat dried fruits and nuts as an after work snack. I eat some vegetable crudites or something if I need a snack.
    3. Partial substitution of vegetables or proteins for high carb foods like rice and pasta in my main meal compared to his. So, for example, I will eat 100g of cooked rice and 200g of broccoli and he eats 200g of cooked rice and 100g of broccoli. Or he will have 150g of pasta (uncooked) and I'll have 50-75g and pack out with vegetables or something like quorn mince.

    That way, neither of us are left feeling hungry and I'm not likely to binge on unhealthy stuff.
  • Emmajhare
    Emmajhare Posts: 224 Member
    I should also say that starting these food habits is absolutely the hardest bit. It's gets so much easier with time because it just becomes a normal way of life.
  • UCGRocks
    UCGRocks Posts: 208 Member
    Emmajhare wrote: »
    UCGRocks wrote: »
    @Emmajhare very inspiring loss. Could you share maybe tip and tricks from your awesome transformation? Thanks

    Sure thing. One of the biggest challenges I faced is that my husband has a very fast metabolism and needs to eat A LOT more calories than me. It doesn't work to just try to stick to smaller portions, either I'm left feeling hungry or he has too much food to eat. So, I've needed to do a few things to get around this:

    1. Focus on the meals we don't eat together. Ensure I'm eating a lower calorie breakfast and lunch (around 300 calories per meal) and that he packs in the calories during those meals (usually by him eating lots of bread, which I avoid unless having as a treat).
    2. Encouraging him to eat dried fruits and nuts as an after work snack. I eat some vegetable crudites or something if I need a snack.
    3. Partial substitution of vegetables or proteins for high carb foods like rice and pasta in my main meal compared to his. So, for example, I will eat 100g of cooked rice and 200g of broccoli and he eats 200g of cooked rice and 100g of broccoli. Or he will have 150g of pasta (uncooked) and I'll have 50-75g and pack out with vegetables or something like quorn mince.

    That way, neither of us are left feeling hungry and I'm not likely to binge on unhealthy stuff.
    Thanks for sharing!
  • mynacha73
    mynacha73 Posts: 119 Member
    mynacha73
    Mondays
    PW 188.9
    CW 189.3
    LTD 40.7
  • RaeWats
    RaeWats Posts: 57 Member
    Steps

    07/15 = 9019
    07/16 = 7793
    07/17 = 10845
    07/18 = 8781
    07/19 = 6674

    Slumped off last week with activity and water intake ... turn it around this week!
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,659 Member
    Steps
    7/18 2,484
    7/19 1,891
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    7/19 steps - 16476
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 3,856 Member
    ShredWeek1 wrote: »
    7/19: 8526

    Just a glorious day here...a night full of rain, and everything now is so cool and sweet!

    @ShredWeek1 I am MORE than a little jealous...it's sweltering here today...UGH
    Jess
This discussion has been closed.