Kat's OMAD journey

Replies

• Leah_62803
    Leah_62803 Posts: 292 Member
    I really might try the Splenda. We were Mormon until last year when we left the church and members aren't allowed to drink coffee or tea (or alcohol). So we left the church and that's when I tried coffee. My husband even bought me one of those coffee makers that uses the little cups. But now it's collecting dust because I only like coffee with LOTS of sugar and cream. Haha. But I may give the Splenda a try just so I can make husband happy by using his gift.

kat, your dinner looks amazing! We are actually having ravioli and salad tonight. Maybe I'll even cook some chicken now.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    I don't mine the liquid splenda thing but I DEFINITELY preferred the normal granulated stuff :)
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Leah...yeah, coffee is an acquired taste. I was raised in France so we had a big bowl of coffee with milk in which we would dunk our fresh baguette for breakfast. I think I was doing that for sure by age 5.
    Steph...omg that's so funny how peoples taste buds are so different. I have a huge box of splenda packets from costco in the garage pantry and I won't touch it. I think I tried one pack and thought it was poison lol. Funny the the 'zero' is undetectable to me.
    Uhhhh I chomped down on my dinner without taking a pic tonight :o I had a beyond veggie burger with all the trimmings, whole grain bun, corn on the cob and an outshine popsicle lime bar. There was coleslaw on the table but I was too stuffed.
    Still don't have my stamina back from the covid. I get winded super easily like going up a flight of stairs. Not like me at all. I've been watching my stocks too closely and that's keeping me indoors too much. Gotta break away because that's bad for me and I finally (just this year) just bought a few longterm stocks that really don't need hovering over. I use to day trade the whole time the market was open and that got old after 20 years of it.
    Hope everyone had a great day <3 .
    Here's a pic of how long my daughters hair is getting :p
    sgjwpkod0qbd.jpg
  • katjustkat
    Good Omad day. Made an easy quikie dinner. Chili dogs and 1/2 avocado...didn't eat the whole thing. May start weighing on Monday but I'll do my 50 pound count down again. Kind of feel like I want to cheat...not sure what's going on...maybe stress. :s Hope everyone had a good day and...I can't believe it's Friday again. Time is going by way too fast.
    idyer00oqf7z.jpg
  • katjustkat
    Kind of a work day. Hubby doing 90% of the work but I helped carrying and hauling. Back porch steps were dipping a smidge (ecoboard) and hubby decided to tear them all down (10 feet across) and rebuild everything from the ground up. I could see it was gonna be at least a 4-6 week job and I didn't want him working that hard so I suggested to take them away and close up the gap with continued railing and spindles. We have 2 sets of stairs so why not...He agreed so that's good.
    Ordered Chinese because as I was trying to minimize the kitchen I ran across a big electric wok. I didn't want it anymore...just takes up space. Sooooo...what do I get a craving for 5 hours later> Chinese so we ordered in.
    I weighed myself this morning and it wasn't pretty. Was kind of feeling myself get weak last couple days so I thought I needed to be shocked into reality. It worked, so today was first weigh and it'll be a 50 pound to goal count down. Having Chinese day before accountability not too smart but....ooooooh welllllll. Will continue to weigh in daily until I get a different kind of head trip....
    Hope everyone had a fun day :)
    gcmp9xs7uwan.jpg
    (oops....I didn't eat my succulents...just thought they were pretty on the table.)
  • katjustkat
    edited July 2020
    Very good omad day. Did have a cup of decaf with cream around 4pm, an hour before my meal.
    Worked around the house today so was pretty busy.
    Meal was tuna sandwich, kale salad & cherries for dessert.
    Started weighing myself yesterday and I'm up .4 overnight :s Dang Chinese food. Trying to drink a lot of water today to see if Stephs secret weapon works for me <3 Hope everyone is well.
    Need to lose 50 pounds (start on July18):
    July 19: +.4...50.4 to go
    xfryu2ccfck2.jpg

• Leah_62803
    I love your succulents! My husband just put together a little succulent arrangement for me a few weeks ago and I love them. I’m a house plant addict!
  • mistymeadows2005
    The water pushing WILL WORK!!!! I'd like to take credit but somehow I don't think I get to :D

Anything salt heavy like that will push me up POUNDS at a time, so 0.4 is nothing and extra water will for SURE get it off :)

Now Lo mein just sounds SO good to me LMAO

Your daughter's HAIR!!! GEEZ LOUISe!!! I WISH I could get mine to grow that long!!!!
  • katjustkat
    Leah, I'm really into plants also but I probably can't even name even one :# I bought those succulents at the grocery store and they were itsy bitsy and 10 for 10$ so I thought those'll be cute in a pretty gold bowl. I've only had them a month and they've reallllly grown. I put them out in full sun once a day & treat them like a pet :D I hope they don't outgrow their home.
    Steph, Ok maybe you didn't invent drinking water but you drove it home for this gal. I have zero and I mean zero thirst factor so I really have to push the non urge. Gotta be super beneficial for the bod. So thanxxx for emphasizing to all of us <3
    Good omad day again. Did have decaf at 3 but it was so enjoyable! Dinner was black beans and rice (quinoa in there), roasted cauliflower and broccoli, salad, whole grain bread and...cherries haha ( last of them). I ate about 1/2 of what's picture, just got way too full.
    Went on a 45 min walk this morning.
    I did lose a bit overnight so hooray for the water. I'm drinking again today. I hope everyone is well and happy <3
    July 20: -1.1...49.3 to go
    2nune4curr9t.jpg
  • mistymeadows2005
    LMAO glad I can help :) My diet can be PERFECT but if I slack on water, my weight holds like a stainless steel bolt LMAO :D
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Yummy...your chicken milanese, ravioli and salad looks delicious :yum: When it comes to fruits, I just love grapes and persimmons. OMG, what beautiful hair <3 My daughter prefers shoulder length hair so that she can still tie it up into a pony tail or just let it flow (as she calls it... lol)
  • jadepearl
    Congrats on getting back up on the the wagon <3 I fall off too but am back up! Let's loose weight together :)
  • katjustkat
    Steph, I'll try to keep that in mind. I had to look up how many ounces in a gallon...128 that's a lot.
    JP....Thanks...I like to make up my mind on what I want to eat right on the same day...so I shop a good 3 days a week.
    I think my daughters hair was was to her chin in 2014, so that's 6 years of growth. "Let it flow" that's really cute. <3
    Good omad day except I had a pretty good hunger attack this morning. Luckily I was able to tame it and made it to my 5pm meal. After the attack I didn't get hungry again so phewwwww. Fit in a 45 minute walk. Had scallops, brown basmati rice, roasted carrots, stuffed mushrooms, fresh beet salad. Then some fresh mango for dessert. I put on a few ounces overnight.
    Hope everyone is happily truckin' along <3
    July 21: +.3...49.6 to go
    6hwsjjzggeav.jpg
  • katjustkat
    Busy in the yard again. Good omad day but I'm watching too many youtube videos on the 'starch solution' diet and getting tempted to try. Anyone try it?
    Omad was gnocchi, small salad and fresh mango. Hope everyone had a goooood day :)
    July 22: -.3...49.3 to go
    0o7b2w95c3d2.jpg
  • Leah_62803
    I’m really hungry and that looks delicious!

I’ve honestly never tried any sort of diet except CICO and now OMAD (which is still just another form of CICO for me).
  • jadepearl
    Your meals are always so delicious 😍 For me, I kept trying all sorts of diets and after a while I just gave up when my cravings starts banging loudly at the door. So now, I just KISS - omad where I eat whatever I want. Am on Day 5 today😊
  • katjustkat
    Ladies yes...OMAD is the simplest. I think my brain wants to take me in another direction sometimes but I know that omad is the simplest and gets results.
    Omad went well today. Didn't make it out to walk.
    Had salmon with homemade tzatkiki, potato wedges (did that so I wouldn't have to put a bunch of butter and sour cream on it) and salad. Fresh honey dew melon for dessert and some frozen mango chunks that tasted like ice cream.
    Hope everyone had an excellent day <3
    July 23: -.2...49.1 to go
    rplbn7wlejon.jpg

• Leah_62803
    I think it can sometimes be good to mix things up diet wise... I’ve just personally always shied away from any kind of strict diet plan. I don’t want to cut anything out completely because I know it won’t work for me. I’m also easily overwhelmed sometimes and I need my “diet” to be simple and not something that I’m going to stress over.

But that doesn’t mean that they don’t work for other people! You could always try something new and see how you like it.
  • jadepearl
    Same here..I am just going to be simple OMAD..nothing fancy! :) I have another 16 pounds to loose before I get down to my GW and its so so hard :( Yummy OMAD you have there...love love love salmon <3
  • katjustkat
    Leah, yeah I can get easily excited at the idea of optimum ways of eating and then somehow I can't last. At least on omad we can have whatever we're craving...just gotta wait for the 'reward'... thanks for talking sense into me :)
    JP, you're right...Nothing fancy and what fits is the way to go. I mean...what's easier in life than 'doing nothing' haha.
    You're going to get to your goal mighty soon with your determination. One step at a time will get you there. This is your year :)
    Good omad day. Kind of stressed with trading. Dinner was tika masala, salad, naan bread and mango. Might be allergic to mango...started getting a sore throat like I do with unfiltered honey. That's a bummer :( Hope everyone enjoys the weekend.
    July 23: -.2...49.1 to go
    July 24: -.3...48.8 to go
    z78ksbc5qytz.jpg