SHRINKING ASSETS Team Chat - July 2020

Options

Replies

• Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Hello, it's Thursday
    So....my story for today...I found out on Monday that Planet Fitness would require masks the whole time you are working out so I cancelled my membership-I feel like I'm suffocating at times when I wear a mask to go to the grocery store & people have made fun of me b/c of this, I can't imagine how I would feel while doing cardio/lifting weights....but I know when I went to cancel in person, there were a ton of calls coming in to cancel as well

So, in essence, I recommitted doing my workouts at home and possibly even looking at a recumbent bike b/c winters in WI can be brutal!

So yesterday I received an email-now, Planet Fitness is just requiring masks as you enter/exit the gym not while working out....this notification came out late last night. There must have been ALOT of cancellations of membership!

I am saving $ as I will not go back and I don't want to go back....

I cancelled my gym membership over 2 years ago and started building a sweet home gym. I shopped around on Facebook marketplace and was able to build a gym that is almost 100% commercial equipment for a fraction of the price of commercial pieces. Way better than a gym membership and I don’t have the excuse of not wanting to drive to the gym or dealing with crowds.

• nicoleisme
    nicoleisme Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m new to the group and excited to have some sort of accountability which I need! I have 45lbs to lose overall, I’d like to lose 6lbs by the end of August! Starting weight is 185.5
    It’s hard to get workouts in with COVID changing work and gym etc but I think for now I will do TV workouts for cardio till I buy a treadmill this winter!
  • EDTake2
    EDTake2 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi, new to the team challenge and very excited : ) I'm a mom of three and started the weigh loss journey in June 2020, after my youngest one turned 1yr old. I have lost so far 16lbs but have a long way to go to get to my healthy weight, that why I need your help and support.
    CW 214lbs
    Aug Goal Weight 200lbs (hoping I can hit the onederland)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    Hello again! Another new Asset for you: @krupalip will be arriving soon! Have fun :smiley:
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    EDTake2 wrote: »
    Hi, new to the team challenge and very excited : ) I'm a mom of three and started the weigh loss journey in June 2020, after my youngest one turned 1yr old. I have lost so far 16lbs but have a long way to go to get to my healthy weight, that why I need your help and support.
    CW 214lbs
    Aug Goal Weight 200lbs (hoping I can hit the onederland)

You lost 16lbs since June 2020, so in two months? Averaging 2lb per week? Damn, girl. Looks like we have a new powerhouse in the team, welcome!

Btw, I’m very similar size to you - I’m currently 212-213lbs. My loss is a lot slower, but the important thing is that it’s still a continuous steady loss.
  • hipari
    Options
    I made pizza today. I made my own gluten free dough from scratch, and something is definitely not sitting right with my stomach. I’m so bloated I look like I’m expecting twins.

I haven’t had issues with frozen gluten free pizza dough previously, except in taste. I guess I still have to settle for those next time I want pizza. At least it’s less hassle.
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    hipari wrote: »
    I made pizza today. I made my own gluten free dough from scratch, and something is definitely not sitting right with my stomach. I’m so bloated I look like I’m expecting twins.

I haven’t had issues with frozen gluten free pizza dough previously, except in taste. I guess I still have to settle for those next time I want pizza. At least it’s less hassle.

Just curious, but why gluten free?
  • krupalip
    krupalip Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Krupali, I live in Mumbai, India, I am a mum of 2 girls. 2 years ago I lost my pregnancy weight and managed to get down to 50 kgs, however since then I did maintain my weight around 53-55 kgs till March this year. Since the coronavirus lockdown I managed to gain all weight back thanks to bad eating habits, drinking beer and wine to beat the stress (that was my excuse).
    So my husband and I realised that this lifestyle isn’t good for our family especially when we have such young kids (soon to be 4 and 5) we bought a treadmill a week ago and now I have been doing HIIT workouts on the treadmill since a week.
    This time around I just want to get back to being below 50 kgs, which I have not been since 2009-10.
    Hope you guys will challenge and motivate me to realise my fat loss goals
  • krupalip
    krupalip Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My CW - 59.7 kgs
    GW - 47-48 kgs
    I prefer weighing myself on Monday mornings but if the group has a specific day for a weigh-in, do let me know.
    I also need help with my diet, and I am only being able to HIIT workouts at home and no weight training as I don’t have dumbells and the gyms are closed here in Mumbai, any advice would help, thanks
  • hipari
    Options
    slunburg wrote: »
    hipari wrote: »

Just curious, but why gluten free?

I eat gluten free all day every day because my stomach can’t handle gluten-containing cereals (I have IBS). The weird part is, the dough shouldn’t have had anything I couldn’t handle, so I have to continue troubleshooting. I think it’s something about the baking yeast.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Last day of July!

As we start August tomorrow I realized I don’t actually know the mechanics of how this group works. I usually weigh in on Saturdays. Do I just post my weight in here or is there somewhere else to put the information?

Thanks!
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Username: imgwendolyn2015
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 189.4
    CW (Current Weight): 188.8
  • hipari
    Options
    Username: imgwendolyn2015
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 189.4
    CW (Current Weight): 188.8

@Xiaolongbao this is the format, just post it right here in the group (or for August, in the August thread that is probably coming up soon). If you want, you can also include Loss To Date (LTD) at the end, with total number of pounds lost from your starting and/or highest weight, whichever you want.
  • bfgolfer
    bfgolfer Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Username: bfgolfer
    Weigh In Day:Friday
    PW (Previous Weight):292
    CW (Current Weight):293.6
    LTD (Loss to Date):
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Last day of July!

As we start August tomorrow I realized I don’t actually know the mechanics of how this group works. I usually weigh in on Saturdays. Do I just post my weight in here or is there somewhere else to put the information?

Thanks!

Hi Xiaolongbao!!! @hipari showed the format above. This helps us find the weigh ins quickly while scrolling thru the thread. Feel free to jump in the discussion. Can't wait to learn more about you :)
  • Beka3695
    Options
    krupalip wrote: »
    My CW - 59.7 kgs
    GW - 47-48 kgs
    I prefer weighing myself on Monday mornings but if the group has a specific day for a weigh-in, do let me know.
    I also need help with my diet, and I am only being able to HIIT workouts at home and no weight training as I don’t have dumbells and the gyms are closed here in Mumbai, any advice would help, thanks

HI and welcome to the group! Mondays will be fine -- you can choose your own date and change it later if you like.

I would ask that you please post the weigh ins in pounds. @boehle and I are products of the US public education system and don't convert metric to imperial well... LOL
  • Beka3695
    Options
    I think I have sent all the new members FRs …. if not, send me one :)

For the new folks, I am Beka -- one of your captains. My counterpart is @boehle.

The August thread will be up and running soon. Once it is available we will get it posted here. This thread will close Sunday morning EST.
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    🤬🤬🤬swear I need a break!! Just a lil one. AC went out this week had to get it worked on!! It's been the craziest year!! I have NOT been over eating. Happy bout that. Controling my desire to stress eat has been super tough lately but I'm doing it. Been scared to hit the scale even though I believe the #s should be good. Just feels like I'm not focused on my body so the #s will be bad. I know that's all just in my head. Been watching portions and eating when I'm hungry and stopping when satisfied!! Cut out my extra Starbucks coffees too. 🤞🤞 Tomorrow's weigh in is good. Might fall apart if it's not!! I need a win.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Perfect! Thanks @Beka3695 and @hipari . I'll keep an eye out for the August thread and post my official start weight tomorrow (as I do a Saturday weigh-in).

To introduce myself I'm 46, 160cm (5'3"), Australian originally but have spent most of my adult life working internationally. Currently I'm in Buenos Aires (along with my husband, a USAian who I picked up while I was living in Bulgaria). We've endured one of the longest and strictest lockdowns in the world. We went into lockdown March 19th and they've started the tiniest lifting of restrictions this week - but for the last 4 months I've only been out once a week to go grocery shopping (until the recent week there were no exceptions for exercise - you're now allowed out to exercise but only at night and given it's mid-winter I'm not really keen on 10pm walks!).

I lost about 50lbs with MFP about 10 years ago. Kept it off for a few years but acquiring a husband, several miscarriages, several moves of country, injuries and a few other bits and pieces of life and I had put quite a lot of it back on. The first month of lockdown I was working insane hours, stressed out and using comfort eating/baking to cope. Finally, once the insanity settled down a bit I decided enough was enough. Started tracking properly on MFP and got myself back on track. I didn't weigh the first couple of weeks (because our scale had a flat battery, the grocery store didn't have the right sort of batteries and in a lockdown we couldn't go anywhere else to get one) but when I did get a battery and weigh I was 75kg (165 lbs). That was 97 days ago. I'm currently at about 66kg (145 lbs).

Looking forward to using this group as an additional way to keep me engaged and focused as well as to getting to know all of you and hopefully supporting as you all drop weight.

(Oh and another thing about me is I'm quite verbose - you can probably tell that by the length of my introduction!)
This discussion has been closed.