Wednesday check in
    Food - on target
    Water - 80 oz
    Exercise - 40 min bike ride, 50 min walk and PT

Thursday Check in
    Food-forgot to log, on target
    Water-64 oz
    Exercise-20 min walk and PT

I had such a busy and fun day yesterday! I actually didn't get on the computer because I wanted to clean my bedroom, bathroom and hall bathroom before Nicole and I got mani/pedis at 10. We came home and had lunch since there is only outdoor dining in NJ and it was so hot out. Then we went to Cape May which is a beautiful shore town. It wasn't crowded at all on a Thursday so we were able to walk around and go into some shops. Some shops were stricter than others but the ones that were strict were doing great with the amount of people in stores and making sure once you were in, you were helped if needed and kinda kept the customers apart by interacting with them. I didn't feel rushed at all except for one shop. I am sure it isn't as easy on the weekend but I was impressed. We also drove around a bit to see the beautiful Victorian houses that Cape May is known for. It was a very nice day. Today I have to get out to go food shopping and have a little cleaning to do before my brother comes. They aren't going to be here until close to midnight. My niece has to work and then they will drive 5 hours from Pittsburgh to Philadelphia. Jim will drive them to the shore once they arrive. I am going to finish the day, week and month strong since this is really still a day that it will be easy to stay on track. I will not be checking in as much the next 10 days since I will have visitors and I feel like I am being rude when I am on the computer. I will try when I can though.

This is the first time in the past 3 years that I haven't gained about 5 pounds in July! It was a struggle but I did it! I usually gain in August too so now to work on that. First-to get through my brother's visit without too much damage. :smile:

@1theresamcvean Very interesting post on hunger. I could have a whole conversation with you about it. I would also do the same with going to the movies after dinner but I knew I wasn't hungry. On a side note- My dog Daisy is the same as Xavy but I am forcing her to eat 2x/day because of my daughter's dog who will eat Daisy's food as well as her own if left out. I wasn't even thinking from a hunger perspective at all. She is more in tune with her hunger than me. Love the pic from Pippa's BD and the idea of giving experiences as gifts. My brother and sister in law do the same for their grandchildren. What a great idea and making memories!
    @Cafelelia Toronto did the re opening right! I hope you all do better than we did down here. Hope you are able to get into the French restaurant you like soon!
    @tryingagain5 You really have been doing great. Don't let that weigh in mess with you. And don't let Wednesday mess with you either-just hop back on track! You got this!
    @Mrsbell8well Have a great vacation!
    @debbiewsharpe Hooray! I am glad that you are part of our group!
    @pacsnc6 This new infusion sounds so much better than chemo. I still can't believe how this all progressed with you. Sending hugs.
    @nstephenson01 Nice loss this week! These are tough times. I hope things get better soon with this pandemic. Hugs! Yes that was Lenka who said that-heres to making our winter bodies! I am usually losing the weight I put on in the summer during the winter!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,462 Member
    Options
    sleepymom5
    Week 5
    Friday
    PW: 197.4
    CW: 196.6

Not quite a pound but I will take it!
    @Cafelelia and @1theresamcvean Please put me in for a skipped? weigh in next week. The word is escaping me right now Lol!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 134.2
    Today's weight: 132.8
    Weekly Steps: 77,258
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Cafelelia
    Friday
    PW - 149.2
    CW - 148.0
    LTD - 20.8 lbs
    I am very happy with this loss and my loss overall for July. My measurements are tracking a loss too, and as well as body composition on my scale, although that is a less accurate measure. At this point, it is 10 lbs to goal and I want to keep going gradually, but focused.

Well here in Toronto, we are officially in Phase 3 today, and fingers crossed it goes well. There are no other phases until there is a vaccine, so this is it. I just stepped out to run some errands and I was surprised at my emotional reaction when I saw kids playing in local playgrounds again, which is now permitted under Phase 3. I think it made me realize the depth of loss in all of this and the impact on children. The school news was also announced yesterday. It is mixed. Elementary kids go back full time in September, with masks for kids 9 & up and distancing protocols for all. High school kids in more populated areas like ours go back for a hybrid model of one day on and one day off. Selfishly, I would have like to see everybody going back full time, but I understand the cautious approach. I have to be realistic and know that the plan will have an impact on my time, and there will be logistical challenges too. But it could have been worse. Now that I know what to expect, I am parking it and going to try to enjoy the rest of the summer!

@debbiewsharpe and @Melzz19 - Welcome and we are so happy that you have joined us!

@lennoncpa - Terrific loss, congratulations!

@sleepymom5 - Fantastic loss and you are doing great! That is a fabulous NSV about not gaining this month! Sounds like you had a great day yesterday with your daughter too. We will get you excused next week and enjoy your time with you brother!

@nstephenson01 - Great loss, congratulations! I am happy that your mom visited you in a dream, and I really believe in that. My father has visited me a few times when I needed it. I know that the uncertainty is tough and try to do as much self care as you can to manage the stress, even if it just 5 minutes of something that relaxes. I hope that you enjoy your visitors too! If you need to be excused from your weigh in, just let us know.

@pacsnc6 - So happy that the new drug is less taxing than chemo. You are amazing and sending you a huge hug!

@1theresamcvean - Outstanding loss and you are doing so great! I know that happy scale is good, but with 4.5 lbs to go, I find it hard to believe that it will take until November 24th. I guess if you are building some muscle that makes sense. It just feels like you will get there sooner. It may be time to think about your new approach and other goals when you reach the goal zone. Like you, I want to work on toning, and also am going consider body composition.

• lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Week 5
    Pw 158.6
    Cw 157.2

Ltd: 14.8
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Week 5
    Thursday
    Pw 194
    Cw 194
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well hope your ok

Well my weight seems to be a trend. I stay the same for 2 weeks in a row and then I go up. My stomach has felt awful lately. I bought some gross drink to try out. It taste awful. My husband was laughing I was literally shaking trying to drink it. It taste like mango which I dont like and it looks like the pool when you open it at the beginning of season. I am on my second day of vacation and I have been very productive. I have plans with family tonight which should be fun. Have a great day.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    AUGUST THREAD IS NOW OPEN

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10805520/weight-no-more-team-chat-august-2020#latest

Please bookmark the new page and go ahead and say HI!

There are several new members this month. So please consider a reintro for the new folks
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I found the posts on Hunger very interesting. I had previously attempted an inituative eating programme, and while it was a little bit too relaxed for me at the time I found a lot of the information really resonated with me and are things I do try to keep in mind. In particular if I'm paying close attention to hunger cues I find I need to eat a lot less than I think, and it often goes up and down quite drastically from day to day. It's been very hard for me to try and break 'food habits' that I suppose have been built up over many years if you think about it.

@Mrsbell8well - hope you're ok and that it doesn't mess up your holiday plans!

@1theresamcvean - what a lovely idea for Pippa's birthday. I totally agree that sometimes the little ones get so many toys that they can barely play with them all, so having experiences instead is fab! Congrats on the weight loss and great overall progress.

@minstrelofsarcasm - oh dear, grocery shop snacking is the worse! I try to get online shopping now so I can at least plan what I'm getting, but whenever I have to go to the corner shop for bits and pieces I always tend to end up with things 'snuck' into the basket :D

Been a slightly up and down week. Have been feeling quite anxious and stressed the last few days, I think new virus spikes and people generally being idiots is not helping! Trying to stick to my calories though (may have been a few 'liquid calorie' slip-ups lol).
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Thursday 7/30 & Friday 7/31
    No exercise for Thursday, 30 minutes for Friday
    I didn't count calories or water for either day

One of my neighbors organized for an ice cream truck to come to our condo complex on Thursday. We've never done that before. It was a lot of fun. People brought chairs and visited with each other. Not everyone came but there were quite a few people. It looked like it was well received so we may do it again. I worked my regular 8 hour shift but am still really tired. Pretty sure I'm short several hours of sleep this week.😴

It's 3rd shift's weekend so I'm working tonight. Going in early so it will be a 10 hour shift tonight. I don't see much happening tomorrow after work except for a lot of sleep and laundry. Sounds like a pretty exciting Saturday...sleep and laundry.🤣😉

I'm pretty far behind on posts but want to thank everyone who continues to encourage me.

To those doing well: great job!

To those struggling: keep going, it's hard but worth it! You (and I) can do it!
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well
    I hope your back is doing better! Hugs!
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well Oh, no! I am so sorry that you ended up in ER just as your vacation started. Please let us know, when you can, what the prognosis is and take good care of yourself. 😔
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    Got ideas for full group challenges? Have any suggestions about how to make F2F better? Head on over to the Idea Lounge, and sound off

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10802654/the-idea-lounge#latest

It is time to dream up more challenges for the next month - what will help you stick to your goals? It is a blast to meet people from the other teams, and all get together on a particular challenge. It can relate to food, water, exercise - whatever you like! We have quite a good collection going, but it is always fun to add more.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day
    Username: KUMEcyclingteam
    Weigh-in week: Week 5
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 215.0
    Today's weight: 214.0
    Loss to date: 36.0

Thanks for all the congratulatory comments last week as I hit my "First" goal, it's been a real trip so far. I have not felt this good since Tom Brady won his first Super Bowl! (Yup, I'm a New Englander!) Gonna take a month of to maintain. Will start on my second goal in September. (15 lbs to loose and I'll be UNDER 200 lbs kiddos!)
    In the mean time I'll be watching, commenting and cheering you all on! Working on getting a cheerleader outfit to help set the tone! Pics to follow i'm sure as you all know me by now! (Just cant help myself! LOL)

LOL. Awesome in every respect!

• GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    @Mrsbell8well So sorry about your back! I hope you're feeling better.

@KUMEcyclingteam You've done such a great job! I like your plan of taking a month before you get back into things.

@tryingagain5 The ice cream social sounds fun! Glad you got to visit with others.

This week I worked on creating PD for my fellow teachers on using our LMS and also tried to think of how lesson plans are going to work with our school plan. NC decided to do a blended opening, so our student body is divided into fourths with 25% rotating on A,B,C,D days, then Friday is a remote learning day for everyone so they can deep clean the school.

So I'm doing an online lesson for 75% of the kids each day M-T, and a slightly different in person lesson for whichever group is coming that day. The county next to us just switched to being fully remote, and I can't deal with all the noise on social media anymore. I just want to be back in my classroom teaching my kids.

July wasn't the best month for me. Or, I should say I wasn't the best ME in July. It's August 1, so it's time for new goals.
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Zumba_luvah
    Week 5
    Pw- 163.8
    Cw-164

If TOM doesn't get me, ovulation will lol. Im lucky and get bloated twice a month
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    07/31 steps 12328

Maintenance weigh in 134.8
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Good morning and Happy August everyone!
    Friday check in
    Food - on target
    Water - 1.8l
    Exercise - 30 min walk
    Yesterday was a good one. My son finished his day camp week and it went so well. He had gone 5 months with no in person interactions with his friends. The camp really lifted his spirits. He just looks so tanned and happy. We had neighbours over in the back yard last night for some drinks and that was fun as well

@brown6267 - Another week maintaining goal, way to go!

@Zumba_Luvah - Sorry about the bloating and hope that you feel better soon. You can just put that tiny gain behind you and focus on the new month.

@GingerPwr - It is a great time to reset on your goals. I don’t think any of us are our best selves all of the time, so don’t worry about it. Your schools schedule and prep sound intense. I hope that you get through it all ok and have a smooth transition back to school.

@KUMEcyclingteam - Another great loss! Enjoy you month off and I hope that you get to do some fun cycling. Don’t be a stranger as we do need you to cheer us on. Theresa or I will reach out to your near the end of August about your return to the weight loss team. Looking forward to those pics!

@tryingagain5 - You work schedule has been so intense lately. Sleep and laundry today actually sounds kind of relaxing in comparison. That ice cream social sounded like so much fun!

@podperson1 - You have been doing really well, so don’t even thing about those liquid calorie moments. A lot of us have them, especially these days. I feel the same way about the spikes and hotspots. It is the control freak part of me. It is not easy, but I am trying to use some relaxation and meditation techniques for it.

@ljdanny - Your numbers will move again and at least they are not going up. That drink sounded pretty gross, but it was funny hearing about how your husband was watching you try to drink it. Enjoy your vacation!

@mrsbell8well - I really hope that you are ok and that your back feels better today.

@lenka1 - Another amazing loss, you are doing great!
This discussion has been closed.