WAISTAWAYS Team Chat - July 2020

Options
1262728293032»

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,041 Member
    Options
    Huge congratulations to @happimess01 - the first person on the team to hit ALL FIVE WEEKS in the GREEN for July! A loss every single week. That is showing us how it is done. Hats off!!!

r6dvifia2my3.png
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Pw 166
    Cw 166.6

Not as bad as I thought...

On to August, and a month of green...
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @happimess01 - good one! An excellent green week B)

@conleywoods - no problem. Your new weight is recorded and the previous one never happened. :wink:

Thank you!
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Huge congratulations to @happimess01 - the first person on the team to hit ALL FIVE WEEKS in the GREEN for July! A loss every single week. That is showing us how it is done. Hats off!!!

r6dvifia2my3.png

Oh wow, didn't know this was a thing. I guess it's easier to lose in the beginning, especially, when you have a lot to lose.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    So I am 50 posts behind in my reading on this thread! It's been a hectic week with 10-hour workdays, tons of homework to do, and eating too much...probably from stress, but that excuse is getting old!

I'm so sick and tired of circling this same drain!

l8c88iex6jj0.png

What a good expression - I can relate, Rhonda! Hang in there. We're not completely down the drain, are we? No!
    I entered new information after a month of increased servings and aim to eat only for fueling the machine not to fix my cracked emotional state. Wish me luck! I used to believe that food could fix any emotion on the planet. I guess I still practice as though I fully believe it even though I'm working towards *not* believing it. Today, I choose to eat deliberately and just the right amount. I'll call it the Goldilocks Method.
    Be well.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday and the first day of August!

Yesterday was a fun day at the lake and a retirement get together for my uncle. I tried to keep my calories low for breakfast and lunch knowing dinner was not under my control and there was ice cream cake. I was barely in my calories but in non the less!

My goals for August..

I need to really think about that. I will post it in the August thread.
  • Stefbomb2020
    Stefbomb2020 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Cw 164 lbs...

thought i would weigh lesser...but my birthday treat😑
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Saturday weigh in
    Week 5
    PW 191.8
    CW 192.4 This seems to want to be my set point. Hey body, you are not at maintenance yet!!

LTD 31.1

Really off week for me. Had little interest in logging. Got in 4 days with exercise. Didn’t get to see my son again. 😢 Had a big fight with my grown daughter. 😢 Just worked with my husband on yard work for 2 1/2 hours. I’m exhausted and @jugar I earned my shower like none other. 🚿

Hope I can make August better than the last few months and find my motivation to get this weight moving downward again.

Hugs to all my fellow sufferers and off trackers. We are here and that’s important. @evangsimmons170 we are not going down that drain. Just circling. I’m not sure what the recovery analogy is but let’s do it.

Let’s make August awesome. 🙏🏼🎉
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Hey, sorry I been MIA lately but if you will still have me I will continue with the August check in's.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    Saturday weigh in
    Week 5
    PW 191.8
    CW 192.4 This seems to want to be my set point. Hey body, you are not at maintenance yet!!

LTD 31.1

Really off week for me. Had little interest in logging. Got in 4 days with exercise. Didn’t get to see my son again. 😢 Had a big fight with my grown daughter. 😢 Just worked with my husband on yard work for 2 1/2 hours. I’m exhausted and @jugar I earned my shower like none other. 🚿

Hope I can make August better than the last few months and find my motivation to get this weight moving downward again.

Hugs to all my fellow sufferers and off trackers. We are here and that’s important. @evangsimmons170 we are not going down that drain. Just circling. I’m not sure what the recovery analogy is but let’s do it.

Let’s make August awesome. 🙏🏼🎉

@micki48
    I feel like we have had the same week, for me its been a few weeks. Here's to restarting and kicking July out in the butt and saying HELLO to August.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    @eggfreak I totally agree with you about putting July behind us! I downloaded one of my 30-day challenge charts from chartyourgoals.com and decided that August 1-30 would be my 30-day Calorie Deficit Challenge. I'm committing (again) to having a calorie deficit greater than 100 each day this month. I realize that having a deficit will mean that either I eat less or exercise more and that I have to continue logging everything I eat. Doing nothing won't create a deficit. So something's gotta give this month!

@evelynladams527 Good luck on staying within your calorie budget this month too!

@micki48 First, I hope you and your daughter were able to resolve your differences from the fight you had. I also hope you get to see your son soon. Regarding the opposite analogy about my frustrated metaphor of circling the drain....I can't really think of one. However, I do know that sometimes we have to let go of our old habits and ways of thinking before we can fully adopt a new way of living and thinking. As they say, if we want different results, we have to do something different.

• jugar
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hey, sorry I been MIA lately but if you will still have me I will continue with the August check in's.

Of course! You are stuck with us :wink: But.... What is your weigh-in for today?
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @evangsimmons170 Oh I LOVE the goal to focus on having just 100 calorie deficit. It's simple, easy to track and you can make adjustments throughout the day to stay on track! You're a genius and I'm so inspired by you I will join you and chart as well.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement, @conleywoods. I haven't been feeling too inspirational lately, but I'm glad I was able to provide a spark. :smiley:

95vrmblnb943.png

I know I ultimately should aim for a 500 calorie deficit each day in order to lose a pound a week, but I've gotta start somewhere, right? It's the whole 'journey of a thousand miles...' thing. LOL See y'all on the August thread! :smile:
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 770 Member
    Options

95vrmblnb943.png

Oooo! Cool form! I'll think about what I can do. I like the visual accountability & progress.
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Friday and Saturday ended up being good days, both for food intake and exercise - both days I did XBX and got in a nice evening walk. So good-bye to July and on to August! I truly do not know where the time goes...
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I’m not able to weigh in this week because there’s no scale available here. Could you please add my weigh in as last week?
    I should see a scale by next Tuesday.
  • jugar
    Options
    Steph1498 wrote: »
    I’m not able to weigh in this week because there’s no scale available here. Could you please add my weigh in as last week?
    I should see a scale by next Tuesday.

No problem! Happy travels :heart:
  • jugar
    Options
    The JULY chat thread here is now officially closed!

Go to the August team chat and off we go!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10805521/waistaways-team-chat-august-2020#latest
This discussion has been closed.