Trimstones Team Chat - August 2020

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    CONGRATS to all of the Week 4 and month of July winners and honorable mentions! Good job everyone! Onward and downward!
    Jessica
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 882 Member
    Hi Jessica,
    8/2 steps 15,288
    Or is it better to add a weekly list ?
    I couldn't add my habit tracker on my mobile.Luckily managed on my laptop !
  • jessicakrall8
    Hi Jessica,
    8/2 steps 15,288
    Or is it better to add a weekly list ?
    I couldn't add my habit tracker on my mobile.Luckily managed on my laptop !

Hey @izzyred9400 I prefer every few days so I can keep the chart up to date. We have a few people who work such crazy hours that they only post a week at a time...whatever works best for you.
    Jessica
  • abp1025
    abp1025 Posts: 195 Member
    Alright, I am going to start tonight not eating anything after 8:00 pm and not eating again until 8:00 am. Need to drop that bad habit of late eating.
  • jessicakrall8
    Alright, I am going to start tonight not eating anything after 8:00 pm and not eating again until 8:00 am. Need to drop that bad habit of late eating.

We're with you @alanpeisakoff ...several of us do intermittent fasting...good luck! You'll do well I'm sure.

@mulecanter I think you need several of your favorite desserts for being so good with your exercise all week...perhaps some pasta...pizza...wings too?? Just trying to help...LOL
  • ljbw12
    ljbw12 Posts: 7 Member
    Hey all! New to the group, just wanted to say hey. Looking to lose about 50 pounds.
    ljbw12
    Saturday Weigh-in
    PW: 195.5
    CW: 195.5
  • ShredWeek1
    ShredWeek1 Posts: 188 Member
    Weekly weigh in, Sunday: 146, Last week, 146, Starting Wt. 148

Weekly step count:
    7/26: 2280
    7/27: 8177
    7/28: 4240
    7/29: 6138
    7/30: 6034
    7/31: 8150

That's all for now!
  • QueenZeeIsm
    QueenZeeIsm Posts: 104 Member
    Also, my stepping target will be 10000 steps daily. I work a desk job, but I am going to try to hit my daily goal.
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 882 Member
    ljbw12 wrote: »
    Hey all! New to the group, just wanted to say hey. Looking to lose about 50 pounds.
    ljbw12
    Saturday Weigh-in

Hey,
    I am new too,have a great week 😃
  • marysia2609
    marysia2609 Posts: 38 Member
    Hi @jessicakrall8, I don't know if it's too late, but I'd love to be added to the step challenge with a 10k/day target. So far this week I have:
    01/08 - 12,698
    02/08 - 12,722
    Will update every few days or so, have a good Monday everyone!
  • Emmajhare
    Emmajhare Posts: 224 Member
    @veryhotmails - love the idea of a mini goal weight to help you on the right path. It so important to set yourself achievable goals and this is a great way to break it down into manageable chunks.

@QueenZeeIsm great that you got your husband on board with zero alcohol. It makes such a difference if someone else can support your healthy habits by joining you.
  • Emmajhare
    August Motivator's challenge - Food, food, glorious food!

onobp1a4vkk9.jpg

Okay, I admit it. I'm looking for a bit of inspiration here! :D

For August I'd love you to share some healthy food ideas. Perhaps a great snack you've discovered, or a favourite substitute ingredient to cut down kcals/fat/carbs in your meals, or maybe even a full recipe.

I'm looking forward to trying some of your yummy suggestions so get posting folks!
  • Emmajhare
    Motivator's Challenge - August

I'll start us off with my ginger soup recipe, which was inspired by a delicious soup I was served in Sri Lanka a few years ago. It's a clear, watery but very flavoursome soup. It is super quick and easy to make and it has filled a hole many a time when I needed something savoury and low calorie to snack on. It also works as a great starter to help hydrate before a meal so I don't over eat. Warning- the ginger can be quite fiery so probably not one for those with a spice-sensitive palate!

vd6y8iisb7a5.jpg

Ingredients:

Fresh ginger (peeled) - couple of inches (or less if you prefer)
    Garlic - 2 cloves
    Onion - 1 large
    Ground ginger - 1 tsp
    Turmeric - ground 0.5 tsp
    Vegetable or chicken stock - 1 litre
    Knob of butter (optional but this helps bind the dry spices in the liquid)

Method:

Option 1 - bung onion, garlic and fresh ginger in a food processor and blitz. Add to pan with other ingredients and simmer for 5 min then serve.

Option 2 - finely chop onion, garlic and ginger and sweat in butter over low heat for 4-5 mins, add dry spices and cook for one minute more, then add stock and cook for 3 mins more. Blend and serve.
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    8/2 steps - 15522
  • jessicakrall8
    ljbw12
    Saturday Weigh-in

@ljbw12 I have your starting weight as 194.2...are you saying it should be 195.5? Our month started in Sunday, Aug. 2, so your first weigh in will be on Saturday, the 8th...please advise whether I should change your start weight...and we'll see your post on Saturday, the 8th. We always start the month on a Sunday...have a great first week and WELCOME to TrimStones!!
    Jessica :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    Hi @jessicakrall8, I don't know if it's too late, but I'd love to be added to the step challenge with a 10k/day target. So far this week I have:
    01/08 - 12,698
    02/08 - 12,722
    Will update every few days or so, have a good Monday everyone!

@marysia2609 I have you down...so far, you're my last to sign up, so that makes you my "Naked Walker"...hope your neighbors are ready for that LOL...just teasing...you can read about that tradition in one of my massive welcome posts earlier...just a tool to keep our step team growing...makes things fun! Oh FYI...the month started on the 2nd...keep it moving gal!! You're starting out strong!
    Jessica
  • ShredWeek1
    ShredWeek1 Posts: 188 Member
    Emmajhare wrote: »
    August Motivator's challenge - Food, food, glorious food!

onobp1a4vkk9.jpg

Okay, I admit it. I'm looking for a bit of inspiration here! :D

For August I'd love you to share some healthy food ideas. Perhaps a great snack you've discovered, or a favourite substitute ingredient to cut down kcals/fat/carbs in your meals, or maybe even a full recipe.

I'm looking forward to trying some of your yummy suggestions so get posting folks!

Mine:

Potatoes! I'm a vegan, and potatoes are a staple of my diet. My favorite preparation:

Microwave your potatoes (prick them with a fork)..not completely soft, but about 80% there (timing depends upon size and microwave...so just experiment)

Let them cool

Slice them

Spray with Pam butter spray

Dust with nutritional yeast (yep, it sounds awful but it gives the potatoes that crispy coating taste with a massive amount of B vitamins and protein) on both sides

In the air fryer until crispy to taste.

It satisfies that I want something fried craving ....with practically no fat, a good dose of protein/B vitamins.

• ljbw12
    ljbw12 Posts: 7 Member
    ljbw12
    Saturday Weigh-in

@ljbw12 I have your starting weight as 194.2...are you saying it should be 195.5? Our month started in Sunday, Aug. 2, so your first weigh in will be on Saturday, the 8th...please advise whether I should change your start weight...and we'll see your post on Saturday, the 8th. We always start the month on a Sunday...have a great first week and WELCOME to TrimStones!!
    Jessica :smile:

Yes, please update to 195.5. Sorry for the hassle- i'll get the hang of this posting and timing thing! :blush:
This discussion has been closed.