Options
    Steps
    8/1 4,739
    8/2 2,968
  • Emmajhare
    Emmajhare Posts: 224 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @ShredWeek1 I'd love to try those potatoes. I'm vegetarian and a big fan of nutritional yeast. I don't have an air fryer though sadly. Do you reckon I could do them in the oven instead?
  • mynacha73
    mynacha73 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    @mynacha73 And just in time to miss the storm...awesome! Glad you're safe with the fur baby...it's been many years, but I visited San Francisco and it was beautifully...was this a work opportunity? What do you do? I'm sure you'll have a lovely time! New house or apartment? Please share some photos!! Would love to see...what was the best part of the trip? My cat is not a good traveler, as she gets car sick...so I usually only take her if I have to go inland due to a storm or such...and now that she's older (12) I just don't want to put her through it. With the pandemic, I'm not doing any travel anyway...bet that added to some drama of your journey too...please stay safe.
    Jess

@jessicakrall8 Fur Daughter did just fine on the plane. Not sure how I got so lucky, but I'm very grateful to the powers that be. She squeaked a few times, but mostly just chilled or slept. The new apartment is lovely and has a view of a marina and a little bit of the bay. And yes, I'm very grateful to have missed the storm, and even more grateful to be in 80 degree weather instead of mid 90s and humid.

Since today would normally be a weigh-in day, but the scale is somewhere on I-80 I expect, I'm checking in with how food has gone. I've stayed within my calorie goals each day, but food choices are limited due to the lack of cooking supplies while I "camp out" in the new place. I did a giant DoorDash order that I split into 6 meals - veg, salad, pizza. That finishes up today. A friend and I will do a Trader Joe's run and pick up some frozen meals and prepped salads that will hold me until Wednesday/Thursday when (God willing and the crick don't rise) my car arrives and I'll have a bit more latitude for managing my life. It's hard to stay on track without wheels and living too far to walk to a supermarket or restaurant, but I'm making it work. I've also taken short walks when energy and scheduling allow. (Energy is low due to jetlag and stress, my health is fine.) So, my first non weigh-in week has gone ok. I'm hoping my things arrive in time to weigh-in next week. We'll see what the moving gods (Bekins) allow.

Hope you all are safe and healthy and @jax_grim you and family continue to heal.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hey all, sorry for the late welcome to our newcomers! I'm the other captain, I "work" in the shadows so I'm often unseen. Jessica and I are in an epic contest to our 200/300 barriers and I'm doing horribly so she has nothing to worry about. The covid 15 has been a real issue for me and I'm running out of excuses :D

Mulecanter
    Aug Week 1/Monday
    PW: 212
    CW: 212.5
    LTD: 36

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,079 Member
    Options
    jenready wrote: »
    Steps
    8/1 4,739
    8/2 2,968

@jenready Roll over for step team isn't automatic and I didn't see a request from you with your daily step goal for August. I'm assuming you want to participate, so I need your step goal please? Let me know...thanks! Jess
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Step goal is back to 10,000

7/29-7,390
    7/30-17,955
    7/31-11,032
    8/1-15,787
    8/2-7,829 - I was tired and my legs hirt so bad, i took the day off from worl and workouts
  • ShredWeek1
    ShredWeek1 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Emmajhare wrote: »
    @ShredWeek1 I'd love to try those potatoes. I'm vegetarian and a big fan of nutritional yeast. I don't have an air fryer though sadly. Do you reckon I could do them in the oven instead?

Yes! It takes a little finessing but they are yummy in the oven too. I haven't done a lot of experimenting with the oven, but I think you could try different temperatures and find just the right level of crispiness.

My other fav is overnight oats: Steel cut oats and almond milk overnight (1 part oats, 2 parts almond milk), and then in the am a dash of cinnamon and 1/2 a cup of blueberries.
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    Steps
    8/2 11,795

Walking again for August with goal of 13K
  • QueenZeeIsm
    QueenZeeIsm Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yay for leftover barbecue. We are having steak sandwiches for breakfast. I bought this cranberry seed bread and it's rocking my world right now. Just a little spread of mayo, lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and thin slices of steak. The whole this comes in under 300 cals. Tastes like it should be a treat.
  • QueenZeeIsm
    Options
    Step count for 03/08/2020 = 10020

I literally walked in place before bed to get in the last few steps haha. The weather is becoming warmer here in South Africa, so yesterday after work, I played soccer with my kids and my new puppy. We ran around the yard for about 45 minutes. Physical activity while spending time with the family was a bonus.
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    8/3 steps - 16159

• jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Steps
    8/3 7,980

Step goal 8,000
  • Emmajhare
    Emmajhare Posts: 224 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    August Motivator's challenge - Food, food, glorious food!

onobp1a4vkk9.jpg

Okay, I admit it. I'm looking for a bit of inspiration here! :D

For August I'd love you to share some healthy food ideas. Perhaps a great snack you've discovered, or a favourite substitute ingredient to cut down kcals/fat/carbs in your meals, or maybe even a full recipe.

I'm looking forward to trying some of your yummy suggestions so get posting folks!

I'm cooking @ShredWeek1's potatoes for dinner, now I need some ideas for the rest of the week.

Come on Trimstones, get posting!
  • jessicakrall8
    Options

I literally walked in place before bed to get in the last few steps haha. The weather is becoming warmer here in South Africa, so yesterday after work, I played soccer with my kids and my new puppy. We ran around the yard for about 45 minutes. Physical activity while spending time with the family was a bonus.

@QueenZeeIsm Did I miss your step count for Sunday, the 2nd?
    Jess
  • jessicakrall8
    Options

I'm a sandwich person, but I'm also trying to watch my sodium and as we all know, lunch meat is packed with salt. I've started doing pimento cheese, tuna or chicken salad in addition to my occasion turkey with thin sliced extra sharp cheddar (Sargento). My problem is that I don't like hard bread...has to be soft and I don't want seeds all over it...just a simple, soft bread. With that softness comes calories and I don't want to waste everything on the bread. I found a couple of brands that I like. Schmidt 647 white bread (40 cal per slice) and it's wonderful, but always sells out and hard to find. Heiner's white or wheat is good as well (35 cal per slice), but again, very hard to find.

What breads do you guys like? I found a picture of Aunt Millie's potato bread (35 cal)...anyone know what stores carry it?? Would love your favorite bread recommendations...

Great topic @Emmajhare !
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Well last night was NOT enjoyable...the tornado warnings started a little before midnight and kept on through 6am. I spent all that time sitting in my closet because it's the only room with no windows in my house. No sleep and on edge all night at every little sound. Then the hurricane came through and the winds were horrible...finally stopped around 930 this morning and moved on up towards DC, Baltimore and NYC. I only lost power for about an hour and a half around 640am.

I'm exhausted today. But I'm on vacation this week, so after all that, I went to bed and slept until a little after 1pm. My front and back yards look like war zones. I haven't gotten dressed to go out and walk around, but nothing inside was damaged.

Stress wipes you out. I'm going to go lie down again.

Got all of the spreadsheets updated. @ac204 Got your weigh in recorded...had to wait for the MODS to put you back into the main Aug chart. Sorry for the delay.

@kmfeig87 You're the naked walker again ... you really need to do something about your streaking LOL :smile:

Jessica
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,789 Member
    Options

onobp1a4vkk9.jpg

Okay, I admit it. I'm looking for a bit of inspiration here! :D

For August I'd love you to share some healthy food ideas. Perhaps a great snack you've discovered, or a favourite substitute ingredient to cut down kcals/fat/carbs in your meals, or maybe even a full recipe.

I'm looking forward to trying some of your yummy suggestions so get posting folks!

carb balance tortillas are my new go too. a medium one is 70 cals, 15 g fiber, and like 5g protein i think. I had one today for lunch with 1/4 of an avocado and 1 clice of bacon
  • QueenZeeIsm
    Options

@QueenZeeIsm Did I miss your step count for Sunday, the 2nd?
    Jess

Hi Jess,

My steps were 9756 on the 2nd of August.
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options

The Ole Xtreme Wellness tortillas are really good too.

This discussion has been closed.