Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - August 2020

Options

Replies

• anido1
    anido1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It’s check in Wednesday!!! So happy I actually checked all 3 on my habit tracker - that’s a first🤣. I walked a little bit over 8k steps and I was determined to get to my daily calorie goal on my watch. After dinner I went another 20 minutes on the bike. Hoping to get to 10k at some point and go over 500 calories daily. Too bad strides on the bike don’t convert to steps☹️. Thanks to everyone for their stories and motivation❤️

Good night everyone and hope tomorrow’s just as productive as today😄.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday y'all! It is Thursday, right? Please tell me it's Thursday! I need this week to be over! LOL

Yesterday after lunch I got sick to my stomach and started having bad cramps and all so I didn't make it to the gym. I was actually in bed trying to not throw up by 6pm I think. My 11 year old kept checking in on momma to make sure she felt ok. We ended up laying in bed and watching Rio. I'm actually anxious to get to the gym tonight. I would really like to be able to get a streak going. It's hard making myself go when I don't have someone to workout with. The ironic thing is...I love the alone time of the gym! LOL

Today's goal is tracking my food, getting to the gym for at least an hour on the treadmill (preferably 90 minutes), pool time with my mini me, hit my steps and mile goal for the day, no sodas, no sweets, and not get sick. PMS and food don't mix well for me lately. I guess this is an advanced age joy...I don't know.

I hope everyone has a great day!
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Tracey0088 congratulations on your son’s wedding!!!!
    Enormous milestone for him and for you!
    Please dance for all of us, cheering from the sides
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    GabiV125 Nice loss this week! Keep up the great work! B)

@Tracey0088 Congrats on your son’s upcoming wedding! Birthdays and weddings are very special times so I encourage you to enjoy and not stress about the extra calories. Just make sure to dance your butt off at the reception! :grin I listen to Gin Stephen’s Intermittent Fasting Stories and The Intermittent Fasting podcast that Gin does with Melanie Avalon. Both are incredibly good! I hear you about not thinking you can do IF. I had heard about it a year or two before I ever seriously considered it. I never would have thought that I could give up breakfast and switching from sweet creamy coffee to just plain black coffee was a battle but now I love my black coffee and can’t even imagine eating breakfast. But you are right that we all have to find what works for us. For me, calorie counting simply didn’t work and was never something I felt I could do for life. Intermittent fasting isn’t a diet, it’s my lifestyle. ;)

@Katmary71 Have you ever tried frozen grapes? Very tasty!! :)

@LynnJ9 You check in as often as you want to. I’m sorry that you weren’t feeling well but it looks like you still did really good with your goals. :)

@GabiV125 You are right that this group is more chat than challenge. There is always going to be a challenge you can do on the main page and we encourage that. But here in this group, I think our main challenge is sharing our lives and encouraging each other in their health journey. We are a community and I am so glad that you are having fun. And hey, good job on working on your man exam. That’s a toughie for sure! :grin

@anido1 Good job on sticking with your habit tracker!! Thanks for the reminder that I need to go check mine off. ;)

@GretchenReine Yes girl it’s Thursday! So sorry that you got sick but glad you are feeling better. <3

Good morning! My staff meeting got pushed back an hour which gave me some time to come and check in on your all. I am so happy to see so many of your consistently posting. We are going to have a great month!

u58peledmic0.jpg
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @Jactop That's an interesting correlation you noticed. And if you didn't track, you'd never have been able to look back to notice that! :)

@vegan4lyfe2012 Congrats on a good first half of your week! It sounds like you deserve a vacation. What a good idea to get a hotel with a kitchenette!

@TeresaW1020 I'm doing okay, thanks for asking! I'm actually feeling energized, being around some of my people (only 3 of us are back). I am a bit tired when I get home so it's good that I planned easy meals/pre-cooked some things because if I didn't, I'd be using Postmates for food delivery! ;) I'm sorry for the headache, those are the worst. I hope you feel better soon. I haven't had Subway in a long time. Yum!

@GabiV125 I love puggles! I love pugs, too, I have a pug!

@Tracey0088 Congrats to your family on your son's wedding!

@raleighgirl09 Great step count! Thanks re: the great days...trying.

@GretchenReine Oh girl, I'm sorry you felt sick! I hope you are feeling better today.

Hello all. Yesterday was a good day for me. I started out with a nice walk with the dog. I had some emotional news but I did not eat over it, I stayed with my eating plan and ended the day at exactly the WW points that I was allotted for the day. I made a really good pork tenderloin in my air fryer which I will post in the RECIPES discussion board in case you are interested. The recipes board can be found here, by the way: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10803881/recipes

Wednesday
    Calories: over/under: even
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: eat what is on the menu for dinner, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,778 Member
    Options
    Wednesday
    Calories: over/under: under
    Water: over/under: over
    Exercise: bike ride
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow weights and walking
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    0714j006djbs.jpg
    Happy Thursday! Wow, this week is flying by!

WEDNESDAY CHECK-IN: 🟢
    Calories: 🟢 all good, on-plan choices; everything weighed/measured and tracked
    Water: 🟢 I let myself run short yesterday
    Exercise 🟢
    Wednesday Goals
    - Workout: 45 min+ 🟢 outdoor walk with husband!
    - Stretch/Yoga 🟢
    - Martial Arts Breathing 🟢
    - Martial Arts - 2 forms 🟢
    Other Goals
    - Scouts Project Work 🔴
    - Scary-Behind-Project 🟢
    - - Declutter something in the office and then CELEBRATE 🟢
    THURSDAY GOALS
    Thursday Goals
    - Workout: 45 min+ ⚪
    - Abs or Weights ⚪
    - Stretch/Yoga ⚪
    - Martial Arts Breathing ⚪
    - Martial Arts - 2 forms ⚪
    Other Goals
    - Scouts Project Work ⚪
    - Scary-Behind-Project ⚪
    - Declutter something in the office and then CELEBRATE ⚪

@GretchenReine - Wow! I am so sorry abotu your rough day yesterday. Your plan for today sounds great! Hope things are going well! 👐🏽

@anido1 - What a great day you had, wow! Thank you for motivating US! 🎉

@LynnJ9 - Hurray for your feeling better yesterday, after Tuesday was rough. It's so great that you kept track of your food on all the days, so when you ate more, you still kept things reasonable. Super smart! 👍🏽

@Katmary71 - Your checkins inspire me every time, especially your workouts! And yay you for finding a healthy, smart dessert choice! I love mangos, too. (I am shopping today and hope to get some!) ❤️

@raleighgirl09 - 👍🏽 SO glad you had such a great day! And that the no-alcohol practice is going well. It sure is a great way to decrease calories. Two walks a day -- impressive commitment and determination! Whatever works for you to get healthier!

👉🏾 I was on the phone last night with a friend who was wishing she had lost more weight so far this year. She has made some huge changes to her eating, but her alcohol consumption is up, and it's cancelling out her other work. She heard as she talked about it -- just like people talking here, online, getting stuff like that said can open up the space to make new choices. So, yay to all of us here for getting in communication about what we are up to!

@Tracey0088 - Oh, my, please set aside any feeling of failure if you don't check in these next couple of days during the wedding celebration. Enjoy the wedding and your grandson's birthday, make the best choices you can. Check in if it supports you and otherwise put us on the calendar for the day after, when you can hit a happy reset. Enjoy your sons wedding! Congratulations! 🎉
    I have a hard time passing up my favorite cake; Dairy Queen Ice Cream Cake. So just a nibble. I’m relearning that I am not punishing myself by passing things up, but developing self discipline
    Just a quick callout to say -- what great thinking about all this! I hear you being so kind and encouraging to yourself! (I am a huge believer in our getting better by being happy with ourselves and kind to ourselves!)

@GabiV125 - Aww, yay! Your checkin is so happy and sensible! Taking small steps, changing head as well as actions, being kind to yourself -- all brilliant choices! I hoe we can keep being a space to support that for you!
    This feels more like a pleasant chat than a challenge! I’m having so much fun!
    This time around my approach is just that, to shush the negative talk in my head, to focus on things I like, spend more time outside even if it feels like a sauna sometimes, to listen more, to call the people I truly like.
    Maybe the execution of said plan is not perfect...
    ❤️

@TeresaW1020 - I hope you are feeling better today! Sending hugs! 👐🏽👐🏽👐🏽
    And as for the numbers this week -- you SO know the drill, fearless leader! I know you won't let yourself get stopped if it's not the number you want this week! Keep on doing!

@vegan4lyfe2012 - 🏆 WOW! I so love that you have arranged for a kitchenette ion your vacation so you can keep up with the healthy eating! SO smart! So inspiring!

@Jactop - Your looking at your sleep data has ME thinking, so thanks for sharing your analysis and thinking.
    ANd a huge WOW 😮 to hearing this from the front lines of a chocolate store:
    Week 3 is a big deal in developing habits. At the chocolate store where I work we joke about this trend. The first 2 weeks in Jan are always our slowest of the year with resolutions and people trying to shed holiday pounds. Week 3 our sales jump right back up to normal.

@buniphuphu - It is so excellent to see you, too!
    The colored circles are emojis. I copy and paste them from https://emojipedia.org/. I am glad you like them I do, too!
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In

Username - MommaGemz
    Weigh-in Day - Thursday
    SW - 196.2
    PW - 185.4
    CW – 183.7
    LTD – 12.5

50195860222_69474e40e9_n.jpg

Sorry I've been so quiet lately. our family is taking a staycation, so there has a bit less time on the Internet. I'll be back in the swing on Monday!
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee I've worked out my scale problems, but I need to change my starting weight and this week's weight. Can we make both 340.2? That is what my new scale said when it came on Tuesday.
  • Bettyboag
    Bettyboag Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Day 4 one goal achieved- no alcohol but ate dinner late 🥴 missed it by 15 minutes as I decided to go shopping first... could have been worse 🤔
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had plans with my friend to go for a walk. It’s a 20-25 min drive to her house and I worked from home , out at 3 , she’s having a big implementation at work so couldn’t get out until 5:45. I got there just as some black clouds were gathering. I’m just saying that either one of this would have stopped me before, but we walked for an hour with umbrellas on and off. And it did not feel like a chore, but like a reward!

I’m off now to have a talk with my cat who’s having her second hair ball this morning, and it’s not even 8 AM
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain a nice walk with the husband sounds relaxing!

@MommaGemz Wow, great loss! I hope you are enjoying your staycation.

@TeresaW1020 Yes, as Winston Churchill said, "Never, never, never, never give up!" Congratulations on the loss woo hoo!

Hello all. Being back at work I've found drinking water a challenge because I'm required to wear a mask at all times and I just can't be bothered to take my mask off to drink my water lol. Next week my water intake will be better because I go to only being in the office one day a week. Last night I slipped up and we ordered takeout food. :/ At least it tasted good, usually it's a bust.

Thursday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: eat what is on the menu for dinner, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
This discussion has been closed.