Shrinking Assets Team Chat AUGUST 2020

Options

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    FYI to the new folks....

When @boehle or I enter your weights on the spreadsheet, we click the 'insightful' button as a note to us.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    From my iPad I can't access "community" - but I can enter my food, weight etc. Which is why I sometimes disappear for a few days as I don't always sit down by the desktop. I don't even bother with my phone.

6:07 AM and I need to get dressed. Riding my bike to work this morning. 23 miles, it'll take me about 1:45. It's only 55 degrees this morning hallelujah this is gonna be great!

I can't access community from the iPad app either, but on iPad browser it works perfectly.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    WEIGH IN REMINDERS

FRIDAY
    @cre804
    @bigblues11
    @floecity
    @carriestrine
    @KelGen02
    @nicoleisme
    @ForLangston

SATURDAY
    @machchic
    @Loriab901
    @biketheworld
    @Be_theBest_Me
    @xiaolongbao
    @slunburg
    @elf31
    @Dogmom1978

Great job on our early week guys!!! No NWIs yet this week!!!

Another Reminder -- @jugar calculates the weekly tallies at the crack of dawn EST Sunday mornings. For your weigh in to count for the week, it must be posted by end of day EST (eastern US/Canada)
  • Beka3695
    Options
    hipari wrote: »
    From my iPad I can't access "community" - but I can enter my food, weight etc. Which is why I sometimes disappear for a few days as I don't always sit down by the desktop. I don't even bother with my phone.

6:07 AM and I need to get dressed. Riding my bike to work this morning. 23 miles, it'll take me about 1:45. It's only 55 degrees this morning hallelujah this is gonna be great!

I can't access community from the iPad app either, but on iPad browser it works perfectly.

This is exactly what I am seeing with my iPhone. It has worked great for years, till now...
  • Be_theBest_Me
    Be_theBest_Me Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    Beka3695
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 193.4
    CW (Current Weight): 191.2
    LTD (Loss to Date): 50.8

I am posting a day early for 2 reasons...
    1. I have a terribly busy day tomorrow an want an early start with lots of coffee
    2. I hit the big 5-0 and don't want to miss it tomorrow. I needed this celebration today!!!

WOO WOO WAY TO GET IT DONE!!! WINNING 🥇🏆🏅🏆🥇R🌟CK ST🌟R!!!
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Morning all. PW: 245 and today it's 243.2 :)
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Morning all. PW: 245 and today it's 243.2 :)

WOOO HOO!!!! Great loss!! I have you on the spreadsheet!

If you don't mind, for future weigh in posts, please use the format below:

Beka3695
    PW : 193.4
    CW : 191.2
    LTD: 50.8

This just helps us find the weigh ins faster among the chatter in the thread. TY!!

• KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Kelgen02
    Friday
    PW 246.6
    CW 248.4

we have been without power all week. No excuses at all but I certainly took the easy way out when it came to feeding my family and myself and my gain just reiterate the poor choices made 🤷🏼‍♀️
    #gottaownit #todobetter
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    KelGen02 wrote: »
    Kelgen02
    Friday
    PW 246.6
    CW 248.4

we have been without power all week. No excuses at all but I certainly took the easy way out when it came to feeding my family and myself and my gain just reiterate the poor choices made 🤷🏼‍♀️
    #gottaownit #todobetter

Sorry to hear about the power. A week is a really long time. Hope it’s fixed soon. Definitely makes it difficult to eat well.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    @KelGen02 im proud of you for owning it!!!
  • carriestrine
    carriestrine Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    carriestrine
    Weigh in Fridays
    PW: 205.8 lb
    CW: 207.0 lb
    LTD: 27

First week over week gain since March, very, very discouraging. Its my TOM, so maybe its water retention, but I suspect it is in combination with my progress generally slowing. I need to do some serious thinking about what's going wrong. This puts me off track toward my goal if onederland this month.
  • bigblues11
    bigblues11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    BigBlues11
    PW 171.8
    CW 171.8 (-0 pnds)
    TLD -52.2 pnds
    :)
  • krupalip
    krupalip Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi, may I please change my weekly weigh-in to Saturday as it’s my cheat day, in terms of food and having a beer or a glass of wine as a reward for myself
    This Saturday’s weigh-in, in lbs as requested
    PW: 130.5lbs (3 August)
    CW: 128.8lbs (8 August)
    LTD: 4.4 lbs
    Also got myself a new weighing machine which gives you fat percentage and water percentage and BMI readings.
    It’s really helping a lot
    I am nearly 2 percent above normal fat levels, hope to reduce that back to normal levels soon
    Need to increase my muscle mass as well, I can’t wait to hit the gym for weight training
    Hope to touch 125 lbs by next Saturday, may not be possible as my dad and hubby’s birthday is next week, so I will have to stronger during the week with what I eat...
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    @KelGen02 and @carriestrine looks like we’re in the same gain/bloat boat, let’s kick things into gear together next week!

I’m hoping to get a good day of calorie-burning cardio in today. My arms and shoulders are still super sore from the acrobatics on Wednesday, and now my butt and legs are also sore from my gym workout yesterday. I definitely need to stick to better food choices next week so I can regain momentum while getting used to new workouts.

I had a good meeting with my trainer yesterday. We’re meeting again next week and going over my new training program. He’s simplifying it and gearing it towards helping with the acrobatics, so it’s more motivational.
  • floecity
    floecity Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    floecity
    Friday
    PW 216.8
    CW 215.2
    LTD 18 lbs

Happy with this especially because I had a few wines this week but I would really like to get to -25lbs by September with the 2lb a week commitment!!
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options

Username: xioalongbao
    PW (Previous Weight): 145 lbs (65.7kg)
    CW (Current Weight): 143.3 lbs (65kg)
    LTD (Aug) 1.7lbs

• Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Username: dogmom1978
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 184
    CW: 182.9
    LTD: 20.1lbs
  • machchic
    machchic Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Username: machchic
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 166.4
    CW: 165.2
    LTD: 7.1 pounds
  • biketheworld
    biketheworld Posts: 2,243 Member
    Options
    And....here's the frustrating thing about biking. No matter how many miles I go or how long I pedal, I NEVER lose weight. My garmin can claim I've burned 4,000 calories, but the scale will be up 2 pounds. On Wednesday I was 206 which was my goal for the week. I hadn't biked in 6 days. The past two days I put in 46 miles, my eating has been within range, and I'm up to 207.4. Last year I biked 300 miles in 5 days, ate normal, gained 5 pounds. Muscle gain....water retention....blah blah blah it's still frustrating. And yet....I love being on that bike so much that there's no way I'll give it up. So....slow and steady has been my motto this year for weight loss, that's what I'll stick to, and I'll celebrate the progress I've made.

biketheworld
    PW: 207.8
    CW: 207.4
    LTD: 17.6
This discussion has been closed.