• murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    August Week 1 Weigh In:
    Previous: 169.3
    Current: 167.7
    Loss: 1.6

Happy Friday everyone!!!

Great job @cmhubbard92 ! Is your power still out? What's the ETA? We got several more inches of rain yesterday but thankful that we have AC. The mosquitos are going to be out in full force next week. 😳🦟

@DaffyGirl88 it is now almost 8pm, and we still have no ETA. Eversource has done a very half-assed job at giving any time estimates, as my moms area said still assessing, but her power was back on around 10am. This is our third day.

trmeqozyuhm0.jpg
    They finally removed this limb down the road from us, which I believe was the cause of our power outage. Unfortunately, no linemen are expected in the area tonight, but the crew said we're expected to be back on tomorrow.

In any case, the transfer station will finally be open for garbage disposal tomorrow, and we will be doing a complete dump of everything in the fridge (finally, we've kept it shut this whole time, except when there was still usable food in the freezer), and I will get to clean out the whole thing.

In other news, my boyfriend is a supervisor at a company that delivers linen to hospitals. One of the supervisors of another district had to cover a route in my boyfriends district because my boyfriend was training a new driver. Unfortunately, something happened on the supervisors return, as he veered off the highway and crashed in an embankment-the cause is unknown at the moment. The truck was completely flattened and the supervisor was DOA. I am so nervous about the amount of driving my boyfriend does on a daily basis with these box trucks, and it has severely increased my fear. If he was not training the new driver, he would have been driving this truck today... I am at a loss of words right now, my boyfriend seems OK. But I'm so, so worried about this. This could have been him, and I feel so terrible for this guy's family. He was 27, and just had a baby a month or so ago. Just so tragic. I just thought I would share...

I am so sorry for this loss of precious life thought and prayers out to his family and friends
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,645 Member
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    I am passing on my weigh-in this week. If I can't get it together by next Saturday, then cut me loose....I am not helping anyone! My husband is home now for the next two weeks (at least) so I should be able to stay focused and hopefully right the ship before he does eventually go back to work.

@HASWLRS No, don't go! Stay with us and let us help you through this slump. <3
  • pandygirl1
    pandygirl1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    @cmhubbard92, haven't been feeling to good, so I don't know if I got my start weight wrong.
    Can you please tell me what you have as my start weight. It's either 290 or 288.4 lbs.
    Trying to figure out exactly how much weight I lost this week. I posted today start weight as 288.4 lbs , not sure. Thanks

• murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I am passing on my weigh-in this week. If I can't get it together by next Saturday, then cut me loose....I am not helping anyone! My husband is home now for the next two weeks (at least) so I should be able to stay focused and hopefully right the ship before he does eventually go back to work.

Don’t go we can do it together
  • richmondwriter
    richmondwriter Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS - Yes, stay with us. You can do it. :)
  • richmondwriter
    Options
    @pandygirl1 - I am so sorry to hear about your diabetes challenges. I agree that it doesn't make sense, and is certainly not fair, that your A1C numbers would worsen, after losing so much weight. Can your doctor do other testing or maybe refer you to a nutritionist, who can help you figure out what's going on? Hope things get better for you soon!
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    8/8/2020
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes

Step & Water Challenge:
    Water: 67.6
    Steps: 6,848

Goals:
    Exercise 30 Minutes 5x/week: ✔✔✔✔✔✔✔
    12,000 steps 5x/week: ✖✖✖✔✖✖✖
    <50 net carbs: ✔(19)✔(16)✔(27)✖(52)✔(33)✔(15)✔(29)

Reflections:
    I want to thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. We are doing alright. He has been dealing with a lot of work calls since yesterday, but we were able to relax and enjoy some time with each other today.

Tomorrow I am going kayaking with my boyfriends mom and aunts, and am a little nervous but excited. I have never kayaked but have gone canoeing, and will learn as I go. I have made a few snacks in advance and have luckily found a waterproof pouch for my phone. I want to make sure I'm prepared, but don't want to bring too much. We'll see how it goes!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Hi Christine, I am so sorry to learn about the death of your boyfriend's supervisor. That is heartbreaking, especially with him being so young and with a new baby. I am sure it is a frightening time. Thinking of you all & take care!

@richmondwriter thank you Sandra 💜 You had a fabulous weigh in this week!
  • pandygirl1
    Options
    @richmondwriter,
    I think my meds may play a part in me having trouble with losing weight.

Just have to keep working on my weight-loss and exercise as best I can and hopefully it will all work out.

I spend time in prayer, and meditate, and try to stay positive, but on bad days it's hard. I try to remember that there are people going through far worse than me, so I can be grateful for what I'm still able to do, at least I try to some days I fall short.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    pandygirl1 wrote: »
    Username: pandygirl1
    Weigh In Week: Aug- week 1
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    Previous Week's Weight: 288.4
    Current Week's Weight: 287

Loss To Date: TBBT (-1.4 lbs)
    Not much for first week's weigh-in. Overall weight-loss (113 lbs)

This past week has not been a very good one I lack energy and motivation. Dealing with a lot of health issues.

My Diabetes is out of control, even though my eating habits have changed for the better and I'm eating healthier, exercising more.
    The time before last my A1C was 8.5%, which is high. But when the last blood work came back (taken on July 16th) it was 10.9 % which is really out of control. Usually my blood is checked once every 3 months, but because it's so high they had me do blood work again on Thursday August 6th. The doctor also increased one of my Diabetes meds (on 3 kind) to the full amount that can be taken for that particular medication.

I really don't know what else to do. Seems like I'm the reverse of what normally happens to people who lose a lot of weight and change their lifestyle for the better.
    For years I've heard that if I lost 100, even 50 lbs my Diabetes would improve greatly or go away altogether. Once again, I've (my body) has proven them wrong, honestly I wish they had been right.

I'm a little stressed with what is happening to me (my body), and how it is making me feel sluggish, and having little to no energy most of the time. I still force my self to get up and clean my apartment, and take care the cats, as will as exercise including some walking. I refuse to give up, and will keep going in the hope that all the good that I'm doing now, will kick in and things will change for the better in regards to my health.

@pandygirl1 definitely do not give up! Keep working towards your goal! I know diabetes is a fickle thing, but who knows where your numbers will stand with continued weight loss! Keep doing what's best for you to continue to live a happy and healthy life! 💜
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    Date: 8/7
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 10842
    Water:96

Just for today:STFD 69, 5000 🚶‍♀️, 16 hr IF, KD14, prayer 🧎‍♂️& meditation 🧘‍♀️

Yesterday :STFD68✅10000 🚶‍♀️✅, 20+ hr IF✅ keto D 13✅prayer 🧎‍♂️& meditation 🧘‍♀️ ✅

Username: Murdog3t
    Weigh in week: 1
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Last Week's weight: 155.8
    Todays Weight: 151.8

Wow this keto stuff is really working for this menopausal mama. Hot flashes and night sweats only 2 in the last 2 weeks, I had a chia chip list night and could immediately taste the organic cane sugar (hehe how that’s different than sugar ) that was in them 🤮. Had to put them back . Have been getting my crunch fix with whisps so much better for me. I am on a roll pray it stays that way ....by the grace of the Lord

@cmhubbard92
    i need to reduce my step goal to 65000 (70000) is out of reach when I work from home 2 days a week now

Thanks have a wonderfully blessed weekend

@murdog3t I will change your step goal for you, not a problem! You had an outstanding loss this week! Fabulous work and keto is really wonderful! Great job, again!
  • pandygirl1
    Options
    @cmhubbard92, Thanks I will try.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options

@HASWLRS you can't leave us a second time! YOU CAN DO THIS! It's not about where the team stands if you gain due to slipping! Hold yourself accountable in the group and keep pushing!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    murdog3t wrote: »
    August Week 1 Weigh In:
    Previous: 169.3
    Current: 167.7
    Loss: 1.6

Happy Friday everyone!!!

Great job @cmhubbard92 ! Is your power still out? What's the ETA? We got several more inches of rain yesterday but thankful that we have AC. The mosquitos are going to be out in full force next week. 😳🦟

@DaffyGirl88 it is now almost 8pm, and we still have no ETA. Eversource has done a very half-assed job at giving any time estimates, as my moms area said still assessing, but her power was back on around 10am. This is our third day.

trmeqozyuhm0.jpg
    They finally removed this limb down the road from us, which I believe was the cause of our power outage. Unfortunately, no linemen are expected in the area tonight, but the crew said we're expected to be back on tomorrow.

In any case, the transfer station will finally be open for garbage disposal tomorrow, and we will be doing a complete dump of everything in the fridge (finally, we've kept it shut this whole time, except when there was still usable food in the freezer), and I will get to clean out the whole thing.

In other news, my boyfriend is a supervisor at a company that delivers linen to hospitals. One of the supervisors of another district had to cover a route in my boyfriends district because my boyfriend was training a new driver. Unfortunately, something happened on the supervisors return, as he veered off the highway and crashed in an embankment-the cause is unknown at the moment. The truck was completely flattened and the supervisor was DOA. I am so nervous about the amount of driving my boyfriend does on a daily basis with these box trucks, and it has severely increased my fear. If he was not training the new driver, he would have been driving this truck today... I am at a loss of words right now, my boyfriend seems OK. But I'm so, so worried about this. This could have been him, and I feel so terrible for this guy's family. He was 27, and just had a baby a month or so ago. Just so tragic. I just thought I would share...

I am so sorry for this loss of precious life thought and prayers out to his family and friends

@murdog3t thank you 💜
  • mhassan160
    mhassan160 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    8/8
    Logged food and was not under calories
    No exercise
    Water 6 cups
    Steps 4,425
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Saturday 8 August
    Track: yes

Water: 108 oz
    Steps: 13,798
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    8/8/2020

Step & Water Challenge:

Goals:

Reflections:
    I want to thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. We are doing alright. He has been dealing with a lot of work calls since yesterday, but we were able to relax and enjoy some time with each other today.

Tomorrow I am going kayaking with my boyfriends mom and aunts, and am a little nervous but excited. I have never kayaked but have gone canoeing, and will learn as I go. I have made a few snacks in advance and have luckily found a waterproof pouch for my phone. I want to make sure I'm prepared, but don't want to bring too much. We'll see how it goes!

@cmhubbard92 Good for you! I think you'll enjoy it. I personally think it is easier than canoeing. My husband and I are going later as well, we haven't been because of the heat. My kayak is purple. 😂 Also, it's a great upper body workout!
  • richmondwriter
    Options
    Richmondwriter MUAC for 8/8:
    Under: no (+94 calories)
    Exercised: yes - yard work in the beastly heat

40 carb or less dinner: yes
    15% Protein, 28% Fat, 57% Carbs - snacking brought me down
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    8/8/2020

Step & Water Challenge:

Goals:

Reflections:

@cmhubbard92 Good for you! I think you'll enjoy it. I personally think it is easier than canoeing. My husband and I are going later as well, we haven't been because of the heat. My kayak is purple. 😂 Also, it's a great upper body workout!

@DaffyGirl88 Ooooh I am jealous! I would definitely get a purple one if I end up getting one! I am borrowing my boyfriends aunts extra kayak today! My boyfriend said if I like it, we might get one! :) I hope you and your husband enjoy your time on the water today!!!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    Richmondwriter MUAC for 8/8:
    Under: no (+94 calories)
    Exercised: yes - yard work in the beastly heat

40 carb or less dinner: yes
    15% Protein, 28% Fat, 57% Carbs - snacking brought me down

@richmondwriter great work! You were barely over!