12346»

Replies

• GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    Week 9, here I go! :)
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,748 Member
    Kezanian wrote: »
    @GummiMundi Definitely! i had my doubts at the beginning of the program, but this is DOABLE! W4D1 i barely finished the 2nd 5 min run, today W4D3 was a breeze i ran 7 min instead of 5 in the 2nd run!

For anyone wondering if this program works, IT DOES!!

yes I recommend it to a lot of folks. And now you are hooked on running and the endorphins.. >:)

• Kezanian
    Kezanian Posts: 8 Member
    @GummiMundi Definitely! i had my doubts at the beginning of the program, but this is DOABLE! W4D1 i barely finished the 2nd 5 min run, today W4D3 was a breeze i ran 7 min instead of 5 in the 2nd run!

yes I recommend it to a lot of folks. And now you are hooked on running and the endorphins.. >:)

Definitely hooked! today i did W5D3, ran 20 min straight for the first time in my life! it felt so good 😁
  • GummiMundi

Definitely hooked! today i did W5D3, ran 20 min straight for the first time in my life! it felt so good 😁

Great job, @Kezanian ! You did the hardest part already, keep on running! :smiley:

As for me, I'm happy to announce that... I did it! I finished C25K today! :smiley: I intend to keep running 3 times a week, I enjoy it and I want to improve my distance (technically, while I do run for 30 minutes, it's been more like a C24K, ahahah!).
  • Oneka5
    Oneka5 Posts: 106 Member
    I've been using the c25k app to get in more cardio. Running has never been my thing. NEVER! So it's crazy that before, 90 seconds was a struggle and now I can jog for 20 minutes straight. Granted, it is the slowest jog ever. I start week 7 tomorrow and I am a bit nervous. I was running in my neighborhood for the first 5.5 weeks but I got tired of running around in circles. My neighborhood is small. And I was tired of the hills. I went to a park this past Friday for a change of scenery and thinking I was escaping the hills; Nope! The hills are worse at the park. I feel I could run faster if I had a flat path. and be a bit more motivated. The hills although I don't stop can be really discouraging. My breathing is horrible! But, I'm going to go out there again tomorrow for this 25 minute run and see how it goes. I think I will also listen to a podcast instead of music. I tend to count the songs which I don't think is helping on these longer runs.. compared to the 5 and 8 minute ones.
  • GummiMundi
    @Oneka5 I did all my running so far on a flat path, I don't think I'm ready for hills yet (maybe one day?), so kudos to you. What you're lacking on speed, you're probably gaining on stamina. :)
    I've used NHS's podcast. While it's mostly music, it does include some instructions, tips and motivation that I found very useful and not intrusive at all.

Best of luck to week 7!
  • Oneka5
    Oneka5 Posts: 106 Member
    Thanks @GummiMundi. I will check out that podcast. I hope I'm gaining something out of these hills. I think I found a path that looks flatter so I may give that a go whenever I make it to week 8

I did week 7 1 day 1 today. Started off really good on the first "lap", I surprised myself. But, going up one of the steeper hills a 2nd time around really took my breath away. I just could not get my breathing right at that point, once i made it up the hill i about past out. I had to stop for 1 minute at 22minutes before running the rest. We'll see if Wednesday is any better.
  • GummiMundi
    @Oneka5 sometimes it's better to slow down a bit, you don't want to get too exhausted. It was wise to make that one minute stop to catch your breath, I'm sure.
    I hope your next run goes smoothly! :)
  • GummiMundi
    You can download the podcast from here, if you're interested:
    https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/exercise/couch-to-5k-week-by-week/
  • Kezanian
    edited July 2020
    Congrats @GummiMundi !!!! I got W7D1 next :)
  • GummiMundi
    Congrats @GummiMundi !!!! I got W7D1 next :)

Thank you! :)
    Good work, @Kezanian , you're almost there! :)
  • Kezanian
    Finished today! felt so good!!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Finished today! felt so good!!

Great job! Keep running!
  • GummiMundi
    @Kezanian congratulations, well done! :smiley:
  • MJAG34