LC Basics Bootcamp: Active August 2020

Options

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Options
    8/7:
    on-plan: :innocent:
    exercise: :innocent: Sweaty sunny yard stomp. 12k step for the day.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,131 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    8/7 -8/8 Goals Met :)
  • baconslave
    Options
    8/8:
    on-plan:innocent:
    exercise:innocent:Sweaty sunny yard stomp. 12k step for the day.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Over calories yesterday but it was wraps of tofutti cream cheese in deli-sliced turkey, so not too bad. Still on track. :)
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    8/8:
    Over on calories but it was a re-feed day so not worried
    Rode 23 miles in the morning and stayed active all day as well.
    8/9:
    Light eating day, way under on calories
    Stayed active and assembled a new storage shed for the back yard in the evening.

Total steps for the weekend - 18.3k, along with the bike ride!
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    8/7-8/9
    IF daily ✅
    Calorie / carb goals: I ate at maintenance 2 of the 3 days and over a bit the other day. I was also high for me on carbs each of the days but not out of control. Had some sweets so I could have made better choices.
    Close watch rings: 2 of 3 days were closed but I was fairly active across the board with 17k, 14k and 15k. It could have been worse but I’m diligent about some type of exercise daily. At this rate I’ll be holding steady for the month so I need some focus to shed a few lbs.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    8/9-8/10 goals met and will be working out when I get back from my GP Doctor's appt .... I am hoping that my A1c is the same or lower than 3 months ago which was 6.1 (prior to that it was 8.2) :)
  • amckholmes
    amckholmes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    This summer has been challenging for me. While I have been active, lost my gym access but took up riding by bike a lot, I have been plagued by binges. I have remained low carb, but have been pulled away by low carb treats. Not sure there is anyone who isn’t dealing with stress impacting their way of eating / exercising / living, but I am finding myself very frustrated and disappointed with myself.

Goals for the month are sticking with the basics, keeping a close eye in my macros, staying very clean with my food, and continuing to stay active without being obsessive.

Have had just a few bad partial days with my eating so far this month, so no multiple day stretches. Have stayed totally away from the low carb convenience foods like Love Good Fats bars and have worked lots more fresh vegetables and some berries into my diet. Have ridden 200+ km so far.

Grateful for everyone here who bravely shares their journeys and continues to encourage all of us.

• taylok23
    Options
    8/10
    IF ✅
    Calorie/carb goals- did fine on calories and relatively low on carbs. I did eat much later than normal due to an after work appointment and an unexpected visitor so IF tomorrow is unlikely.
    Close watch rings:✅busy day with 17k steps
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Made a low carb turkey curry that cut the cravings and filled me up.

Good goal readings today 8/10/20:
    • v - calories
    • ^ - fats
    • ^ - proteins
    • v - carbs
    But only my fingers did the walking today. Got lots of appointments/errands scheduled.

Holding steady.
    Good enough...
  • gcminton
    gcminton Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    8/8 - 8/10

Definitely burned a lot of calories helping with that damned stairway! Yowza. After that, I've been letting my janky hip rest and continuing with gentle stretching. Even sitting around I'm still averaging twice the steps (at least) that I was last year or at the start of this year.

Continued staying on track with calories/macros. The scale is up a bit, but that makes sense, considering.
  • Ecosse2018
    Ecosse2018 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Since lockdown I have been unable to stop snacking. I eat 16/8 and have no problem only having a multivitamin drink for breakfast, And dont eat anything or feel hungry till lunch at 1 but after my lunch, normally two eggs as an omelette, I just want to keep snacking. I have put on 14 lbs In 5 months.i feel such an idiot. Why have I sabotaged myself in this way? Every morning I say to myself I must stop overeating carbs, but then after lunch I start snacking. Today is the first day of The rest of my life and I am determined I will stop this ridiculous behaviour. I will JUST DO IT. Have a good lc day everyone.
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    8/10:
    Calories very low again... just not hungry the last couple of days... since calories were low both protein and carbs were low as well.

Rode 17.2 miles yesterday for my exercise, will mix in some body weight work later today.
  • baconslave
    Options
    8/11:
    on-plan: :innocent:
    exercise: :innocent: Yard stomping. 13k steps.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    8/11 goals met .... update on my Dr's appt yesterday .... My A1c is still at 6.1 .... he is happy with my progress .... I took myself off 2 of the 3 meds ....2 of them were giving me migraines ..... my blood sugar is within the normal range even after taking myself of Metformin :)
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Alright, time to get started for real, vacations are over!

2 workouts per day (I already have a schedule set up)
    min 100g of protein
    max 100g of carbs

this should put my cals around 1400/day which is about a pound of loss per week
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    8/10

Closed all the rings (Move goal 200%)
    Way below on Carbs, low protein and high on fat. I guess that's okay.
  • taylok23
    Options
    8/11
    IF 👎
    Calorie / carb goal 👍🏻
    Close watch rings 👍🏻
    Snacked a bit after dinner but had eaten fairly light for the day. Going to bed feeling a bit full isn’t ideal but overall had a good day.
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    8/11:
    Food on point, finally had a 'hungry' day and ate a reasonable number of calories.
    Protein - 139g
    Carbs - 89g net
    Exercise - morning ride for 15.9 miles
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    8/11

100 cals short on move ring.

On par with Carbs, bit low on protein and high on fat. I had 300 cals to spare at the end of the day.