Shrinking Assets Team Chat AUGUST 2020

Options

Replies

• hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, team! Let’s do it again this week!

I’m sticking to my original pledge of 211.5 or less. It’s a busy week and I started it with a 3-course dinner + wines, so I have some catching up to do.
  • imgwendolyn2015
    imgwendolyn2015 Posts: 347 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    :)
  • Elf31
    Elf31 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Nice work everyone! This week was great for me (sure I didn't lose as much or work out as much as I wanted). But, I started eating healthier and more at home, take-out food was less often! But when I did get take-out, I got the most delicious and healthiest wrap/burrito. Yayyy progress.

I want to commit to the 2lbs a week as well, but same as @Xiaolongbao ... not sure it's healthy for my height/weight combo. Will push myself to move more this week. =)
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, it doesnt have to be 2lbs.
    The way Beka/I think, if you commit to even .5 or anything, you will push yourself.
    This week will be iffy with me and weight, its shark week and its been pretty heavy. I am hoping it calms down by Thursday
  • guitargirl55
    guitargirl55 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone - so sorry for falling off the face of earth!

I have been going through some medical issues and have not been logging, working out or checking in here at all. On the bright side, I have lost some weight from being sick (yay, that's the way for me to get healthy *note the heavy sarcasm*).

I should have logged in sooner to explain what was going on. If I have not already been moved, can I be moved to support? I hope I haven't burned my bridges and would still be welcome back here in the future.

Here are my approximate weigh-ins for the end of July in case you need them to update records.

Guitargirl55
    Friday
    July-31 weight: 134.1
    CW: 130.2

• hipari
    Options
    @guitargirl55 can't speak for the captains but honey, no bridges burned in my direction!

I had some health issues in the beginning of the year and also disappeared, and I was welcomed with open arms when I was ready to come back.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    @guitargirl55 -- you are always welcome! I will get you added back to the spreadsheet
  • carriestrine
    carriestrine Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Im here for the challenge @Beka3695 👏👏👏👏👏

Gotta try to get this month back on track.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    NSV!!!!!! They might be a bit vanity sized, but still made my day!!

f4fe92xjpcmr.jpeg
  • Beka3695
    Options
    h1cek7eg1uom.png

A week or so ago we talked about cyclical things... looks like my heart rate is trending up again.
  • peachplace
    peachplace Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Ok so here we go...

PW 253
    CW 248.5
    TD 4.5

This is based off I’m just now going to really keep track of the TD weight.. I made myself a goal to log everyday next week... I did maybe half the week.. it helped a little.. gonna get back to logging again tomorrow.. I don’t plan on a big loss again.. I’ll be happy with a pound or 2.
  • hipari
    Options
    I have a problem. There was a grocery store chain fusion about a year ago, and it lead to a particular really good oat bread becoming available in my regular grocery store. It used to only be available at another store farther away from my house, so it automatically became a special occasion thing. Well, now it’s available at the nearby location but kinda randomly since they bake it on location. I feel internal pressure to buy it from there every time I see it to generate demand and thus make sure they continue to carry it. The problem is, I bought it yesterday and ate half a loaf in basically one sitting. This seems to happen every time I buy it, and I feel gross and carb-bloated afterwards. I don’t want to give it up completely, but I definitely have to make it a weekend/special occasion thing.

@Beka3695 this is interesting to compare! I follow RHR too, and my average has been 62 lately. 68 is usually for high-stress or hangover days, and I feel kinda anxious just thinking about being at that level and how I feel there. Everyone works on improvement at their own level, I remember your cardio fitness level is way higher than mine ;)
  • Curvybaja55
    Curvybaja55 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday
    Weigh in
    Curvybaja55
    PW 170
    CW 170
    LTD 32
    This week no loss gain. I have been having RUQ pain for the past two weeks, saw my GI doctor yesterday schedule for an endoscopy next week to see what's causing the pain. Hope everyone have a great day.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    sog291ocyj3i.png

@hipari. I saw this today. It really shows the cyclical nature better
  • hipari
    Options
    @Beka3695 whoa, that totally shows! But each low is lower than the previous one!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Wednesday weigh in:
    PW: 153.4
    CW: 154.2

This seems to be the way it is; I go down then go back up just to lose more the following week; my body is changing, I'm losing inches as well so slow & steady it goes-so I'm not worried- I keep going....

Great mindset!!!! Not all efforts show on the scale!
  • Beka3695
    Options
    Happy Wednesday
    Weigh in
    Curvybaja55
    PW 170
    CW 170
    LTD 32
    This week no loss gain. I have been having RUQ pain for the past two weeks, saw my GI doctor yesterday schedule for an endoscopy next week to see what's causing the pain. Hope everyone have a great day.

We will keep you in our thoughts!!! Hope it is nothing major.
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Wednesday

KittyInBoots17
    PW: 231.2
    CW: 229.8

I don't know why I can't do better than this. I just hover around 230ish back and forth. Well, I know why, I do ok, then overeat, and back and forth. Summer has always been an issue for me. When it's hot, I don't feel like doing much, so I eat and don't think about the cals - yet I know counting cals works. Ice cream. Who has half a cup as the suggested serving size?! LOL.
This discussion has been closed.