LC Basics Bootcamp: Active August 2020

Options

Replies

• amckholmes
    amckholmes Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Have had a good week, rode my bicycle 6 out of 7 rides. Stuck to eating cleanly, my carbs were only vegetables and berries. Scale finally moved down a bit, need to get back into my range before winter weather begins (late October up here!). Going back to the city for most of this week, will need to work hard to stay focused when my food choices become vast and tempting!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    Options
    elize7 wrote: »
    Naturally, as soon as i started this challenge a few days ago, I threw my back out. l knew the second I did it...not using my legs to pick up a heavy bag. Arrrrgh!
    Still, I have learned a lot of tricks to minimize the fall out, and I'm still going forward with counting steps, just taking a lot of breaks and not focusing on duration, just doing something is good enough.
    Everything counts! I'm feeling committed and easing back in to moving my body...right off the couch...as often as possible. Even if it's just walking around in the house. It still counts.

argh! That stinks. I hope it heals up soon. Back injuries are awful. I've had my share unfortunately so I feel you. Do whatever you can. :smile:
  • baconslave
    Options
    taylok23 wrote: »
    8/14-8/15
    IF 👍🏻👍🏻
    Calorie/carb goal - ate at maintenance both days with carbs being too high. I let hubs talk me into bad choices.
    Close watch rings 👍🏻👍🏻 Couple of good move days with 16k and 19k steps. Snuck in some stretching today too for good measure.

Know dem feelz. :unamused: Our hubbies need to quit.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,059 Member
    Options
    8/15 goals met ....I was over 90 calories (I hate seeing red numbers) So I walked for 16 minutes :)

8/16 goals met ....... I was going to go in my pool but it is suppose to be 109 here today ...no thanks ... I will stay in my A/C house :p
  • charsuzy
    charsuzy Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Paying attention to weight goals. Prioritizing this & my general health.

- Used a sleep tracker for the first time last night.
    - completed 16 hour fast this morning.
    - weighed this morning, have lost about a pound, not weighing every day tho
    - got creative with exercise today doing hand weights, stretching & air cycling on back on floor because it's supposed to be 97 degrees today
    - got bicycle seat raised 1" so it's more comfortable to use
    - consistently logging food/exercise for the past 7 days
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    8/16
    IF 👎ate a cookie with coffee first thing
    Calorie/carb goal - both were too high for the day. I want hungry for dinner but hubs was so we ordered take out. While I ate carnivore, I still felt stuffed because I didn’t listen to my body. It was dinner time so you eat, right??? Dumb.
    Close watch rings👍🏻 Cut it close but closed them all out with 16k steps to boot.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    8/15 - 8/16
    Logged all my food, stayed under calories for the weekend.
    protein - 113g, 142g
    carbs - 107g, 130g net

Stayed active all weekend, logged 6k steps each day, rebuilt part of the fence on Saturday where the dogs had torn it up, did the weekly shopping on Sunday.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,682 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I made breakfast (avo, egg, fake-cheese & turkey-jerky) last all day, with coffee, added a salad for dinner and came in at really good levels and low calories.

And my weight dropped from 182 to 180.

Desperation to stay healthy can be a great motivator.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited August 2020
    Options
    8/17 Goals met .... I even did a new workout called Kettlebell WorX.. it is a 8 week program and it has 8 different dvd's ( cardio...core...and resistance ( I did the 20 minutes cardio one).........I am going to be sore tomorrow :)
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Back pain is easing up a bit, and I got in my steps for the day. Might shoot for a small increase tomorrow! All good.
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    8/18:
    Logged everything, calories were good, carbs a little high...
    Protein - 127g
    Carbs - 136g net (yikes!)
    Morning ride - 17 miles, 82 minutes total
    Steps - 8164
  • baconslave
    Options
    PaulaKro wrote: »
    Yesterday I made breakfast (avo, egg, fake-cheese & turkey-jerky) last all day, with coffee, added a salad for dinner and came in at really good levels and low calories.

And my weight dropped from 182 to 180.

Desperation to stay healthy can be a great motivator.

Congrats!
  • baconslave
    Options
    8/17:
    on-plan:innocent:
    exercise:innocent: The walking. 1hr+. 12k steps.
  • taylok23
    Options
    8/17
    IF ✅
    Calories/carb goal: a bit high on carbs due to salad and nuts but not terrible. Ate at maintenance so had I not under eaten earlier in the day I likely would not have snacked after dinner. Oh and had a small glass of wine...
    Close watch rings ✅ ended up with about 14k steps plus strength for the day. Movement is improving where last month I wasn’t so focused.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    8/18 goals met and will be doing my kettle bell workout soon :)
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    8/17,18

Ring closed or will close!
    7tn1ombin44s.png
    Food intake ✔️
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    8/18 goals met and will be doing my kettle bell workout soon :)

I also did 60 minute aerobics ....2 days in a row I have done 2 workouts :) I am a ball of energy LOL
  • taylok23
    Options
    8/18
    IF 👍🏻
    Calorie/ carbs- a bit over on calories but not quite to maintenance; carbs were good!
    Close watch rings👍🏻 With nearly 19k steps
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    8/18:
    Logged all the food, calories on point
    Protein - 132g
    Carbs - 95g net
    Exercise - morning ride 79 minutes covering 17 miles, steps for the day - 7500
  • baconslave
    Options
    8/18:
    on-plan: :innocent:
    exercise: :innocent: Another walk and push mowing since the rider is down and one of my teens is hurt. 13k steps.