Downsizers - September 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Colleen1018
    Colleen1018 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin I walked 12,534 steps yesterday 8/30/20.
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Here for Monday check in for the end of the month of August but woo a new thread for September! I enjoyed participating in the group in August, welcome new members I think you'll enjoy it here. Last week I weighed in at 250 but this morning the scale read 251.2. It's technically not September yet with it being the 31st August here so whilst it is disappointing to finish the end of the month on a gain, even if it may be hormone or whatever related (I know that part is out of my control) I can at least say I haven't gained up to where I was at the start of the month. I aim to start afresh, go forward into the next month trying to put a stop to yoyoing in the 50's and move into the 40's and so on and so forth!
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm back after taking a month off, I really needed it! The past few weeks I had the chance to reflect and understand better what I want and what I can do to accomplish these things, I actively want to incorporate this for the next months to come. On the downside, I managed to undo all the progress I have made since March, but decided to not let this get to me.

I will weigh in Fridays

I'm also in for the step challenge!

• TASCascalho
    TASCascalho Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    onward1 wrote: »
    Daily Post- Monday

username-onward1
    PW-132.2
    CW-127.2
    LTD- 5
    Although I'm thrilled at the loss, I'm fully aware it's only water weight from the first week(and binging) and the real work is just beginning. "Marathon, not a sprint." I'm in it for the long run this time.

@TASCascalho- wow, such an inspiration, never thought of doing workouts based on calories.
    Have a good day all.

Thanks!

It is not consistent since calories shown by watches and machines are not 100% accurate but, if you get consistent inconsistently, you will benefit from it.

You can run 30 minutes and burn 100 calories or you can run 30 minutes and burn 400 calories, depending of so many factors and stuff, but if you aim at calories, you burn the same amount whether you take 30 minutes or 1 hour. :smile:

And btw, YOU are the inspiration my friend, 60 years and keep moving forward!
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post August 30
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Exercise Rest Day
    Steps 3627
    Water 128oz
    Weight lifting- Will attempt something today
    Decluttering -My dad helped me build a bookshelf for my son's room. Gonna hang it and get his books organized so they aren't just all over his dresser.

Spent the day at my parents as we do on a lot of Sundays. Got home really late, 11pm, so no walk just a true rest day.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,530 Member
    Options
    Apologies for the late reply!

@lindamtuck2018 , answering to your question form the previous chat:

"Well you finished August with a bang. Well done on another stellar week. I am just curious as to what you do for exercise. Do you do both cardio and weights? I am still liking all your data."

With the Covid stuff I only get 1:30h per day in the gym, they don't allow more :( So I start at 7am when the gym opens, leave at 8:30am to be ready for work at 9am.

But my workouts are always the same. I do it by calories instead of time or length.

(My gyms treadmill only allow 15 minutes at a time, hence the 2x15 minutes :p )
    1 - 200 calories in the treadmill in 15 minutes.
    2 - 200 calories in the treadmill in 15 minutes.
    3 - 100 calories rowing machine, usually takes me 8/9 minutes.
    4 - 200 calories in the treadmill in 15 minutes.
    5 - 200 calories in the treadmill in 15 minutes.

Me on a good day, veeeeery sweaty lol, blheack!

3DQnYVQ.jpg?1

The rest is stretching and disinfecting the machines before and after use. Mandatory due to the Covid.

But again, the real effort is in the kitchen. Always keeping an eye in the calories I consume and a lot of coffee. :smile:

That is very inspiring! Once I am able to start going the gym I want to use the rowing machine. I have the coffee part down pat. 😉

AmyG1982 wrote: »
    Daily Post Sunday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Over
    Water: 10/10
    Steps: 12,918
    Had a pretty good day but I ate too much, which I often do on weekends lol.

I do tend to consume more calories on the weekend. I work on a calorie average for the week but I have to be very careful during the week to meet my goal.

onward1 wrote: »
    Daily Post- Monday

username-onward1
    PW-132.2
    CW-127.2
    LTD- 5
    Although I'm thrilled at the loss, I'm fully aware it's only water weight from the first week(and binging) and the real work is just beginning. "Marathon, not a sprint." I'm in it for the long run this time.

@TASCascalho- wow, such an inspiration, never thought of doing workouts based on calories.
    Have a good day all.

That’s an amazing loss!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,328 Member
    Options
    Good Morning .... Great losses everyone and for the ones who gained we have a new month to work on it :) ...I have to deal with child support court this morning via phone ughhhhhhh... He is wanting his child support to be reviewed ... I am not sure why he is entitled considering he has denied my daughter from day 1 .... refused to take the paternity test etc etc ...I am not a happy camper this morning :|
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    mszoueb wrote: »
    Hi all,

Here for Monday check in for the end of the month of August but woo a new thread for September! I enjoyed participating in the group in August, welcome new members I think you'll enjoy it here. Last week I weighed in at 250 but this morning the scale read 251.2. It's technically not September yet with it being the 31st August here so whilst it is disappointing to finish the end of the month on a gain, even if it may be hormone or whatever related (I know that part is out of my control) I can at least say I haven't gained up to where I was at the start of the month. I aim to start afresh, go forward into the next month trying to put a stop to yoyoing in the 50's and move into the 40's and so on and so forth!

It’s a new month so you can get into the new decade and get settled there. The challenges always begin on a Sunday. The September challenge runs from August 30th to October 3rd. So this month you get 5 weeks to settle into the 40’s. Congrats on ending the August challenge with a loss!

Piqueaboo wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm back after taking a month off, I really needed it! The past few weeks I had the chance to reflect and understand better what I want and what I can do to accomplish these things, I actively want to incorporate this for the next months to come. On the downside, I managed to undo all the progress I have made since March, but decided to not let this get to me.

I will weigh in Fridays

I'm also in for the step challenge!

So glad to see you back. I will add you to the spreadsheet. Can you give me a start weight for the month?

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post August 30
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Exercise Rest Day
    Steps 3627
    Water 128oz
    Weight lifting- Will attempt something today
    Decluttering -My dad helped me build a bookshelf for my son's room. Gonna hang it and get his books organized so they aren't just all over his dresser.

Spent the day at my parents as we do on a lot of Sundays. Got home really late, 11pm, so no walk just a true rest day.

Great job on meeting your goals. I hope your rest day was pleasant.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Good Morning .... Great losses everyone and for the ones who gained we have a new month to work on it :) ...I have to deal with child support court this morning via phone ughhhhhhh... He is wanting his child support to be reviewed ... I am not sure why he is entitled considering he has denied my daughter from day 1 .... refused to take the paternity test etc etc ...I am not a happy camper this morning :|

Hang in there Megan. Hugs!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Hang in there Megan. Hugs!

Thanks
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited August 2020
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    nj8sp3foj7jf.jpeg

What is your favourite way to exercise?
  • melichalupa
    melichalupa Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Username: melichalupa
    PW: 173
    CW: 169
    LOST: 4lbs
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    nj8sp3foj7jf.jpeg

What is your favourite way to exercise?

I love working out at home with my millions of workout dvd's (I love Cardio more than Strength :) ...today I will be trying Country Zumba for the 1st time
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Username: melichalupa
    PW: 173
    CW: 169
    LOST: 4lbs

Awesome loss ...Congrats :)
  • Piqueaboo
    Options

So glad to see you back. I will add you to the spreadsheet. Can you give me a start weight for the month?

Yes! 201lbs please :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Piqueaboo wrote: »

Yes! 201lbs please :)

Welcome back :)
  • Piqueaboo
    Options
    Welcome back :)

Happy to be back!

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

The loser didn't even show up via zoom or phone so the case was dismissed and the child support remains the same
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Off to go workout to Country Zumba (1st time doing this Dvd)
This discussion has been closed.