Downsizers - September 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,770 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Still no email ...but I did make a chart of everyone and their steps so when I am able to it will make it easier for me to input :)

I never got an email from here...but I signed in with my email and it let me edit :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    9/1 Steps: 9400
  • fictionreader91
    fictionreader91 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Update for Tuesday 1st September

Steps:5058
    Calories: over (by 158, so a little more walking would have covered it)

Goal for today: to get another day with a calorie deficit this week
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 - I suspect sodium is my reason as well. I checked the label and the carne asada seasoning that I have been using for days on my grilled chicken breast is LOADED with sodium. No wonder it tastes so damn good.

It is really frustrating how sodium causes some people trouble and others none. My husband loves salami and I don’t get for him too often. I decided to have a couple of pieces. I blew up like a balloon.

AmyG1982 wrote: »
    Daily Post Tuesday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Over
    Exercise: walking, walked in place again to get my steps in
    Day: decent day, woulda been better if I hadn’t snacked lol.
    Water: 12/10
    Steps: 10,411

Keep working at it and you will get the snacking beat. I like that you are tracking everything. I think since I started this I have only not logged maybe 3 days. By logging I am being honest with myself. Do you snack at a particular time of day?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Hang in there. With yesterday behind you, today is a clean slate to meet your calorie goal. One thing that does help me is to pre log my day. Actually, every Sunday I log my food for the week. That way I know what I am going to have and by sticking to what I logged it is easier to stay within my calorie goal.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    ub39z8emn62a.jpeg

Overdue weigh ins
    @rhaaa

Tuesday’s weigh ins
    @missGYST
    @FoolishJoy
    @Colleen1018
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tuesday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 31 minute walk
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 6,560
    DBF: 4

I missed my step goal yesterday and I don’t see it happening today. My arthritis is really bad today. I think I am in a flare as I have been really fatigued lately too. I have sjogrens as well so that’s contributing. It is an autoimmune disorder. Maybe I am just getting old. 😂 I will be back in fighting form in no time hopefully.

Happy Hump Day!

Today’s goals
    1. No binge eating
    2. 30 minute walk
    3. 8000 steps
    4. clean for 30 minutes
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    nj8sp3foj7jf.jpeg

Are there any foods you have to avoid as you can’t stop at one? What are some alternatives you have found for this food item?
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 9/1: 17,312
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited September 2020
    Options

Bare with me I am new to being the temporary co captain... I got your steps correct now :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    nj8sp3foj7jf.jpeg

Are there any foods you have to avoid as you can’t stop at one? What are some alternatives you have found for this food item?

Chips was my downfall when I was not keto/low carb...I would eat the entire bag .... Now I can bring them into the house for my daughter and not even care .... my downfall now is still pistachios but I do measure them ...Next time I buy them I will just but them without the shell
  • onward1
    onward1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck20- I too have to avoid sodium, you don't realize how much is in everything until you start reading labels. I have a dumb question- how is everyone recording all their steps? Should I get an app and carry a cell phone around all day? I'm new to the cell phone world, just got one.......I know, hard to believe. But still trying to figure it out. I did walk the past 4 days, 2 miles each day. But should I also be counting all the other walking I do all day, around the yard etc?
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    onward1 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck20- I too have to avoid sodium, you don't realize how much is in everything until you start reading labels. I have a dumb question- how is everyone recording all their steps? Should I get an app and carry a cell phone around all day? I'm new to the cell phone world, just got one.......I know, hard to believe. But still trying to figure it out. I did walk the past 4 days, 2 miles each day. But should I also be counting all the other walking I do all day, around the yard etc?

I have an app on my phone called Pacer. As long as my phone is in my pocket it's counting steps. So not only am I getting credit for my steps on my walks but also while I'm cleaning the house, taking my son to school, putting away laundry, etc.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Sept 1
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Exercise Yes
    Steps 9519
    Water 128oz

Weight Lifting- Got a tentative routine scheduled out for three days a week and did a chest/abs lift.

Decluttering- Got my son's books put on his new shelf, pulled everything out of his closet and reorganized it all into his storage bins. Took the clothes that don't fit him anymore from his closet to the downstairs storage room. Just need to do his dresser.

Got most of my steps during the day just cleaning the house and playing with the kids. Was watching my niece too, it's funny how having an extra kid here makes me move more. Did 20 minutes on the treadmill at night to finish off my steps for the day.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    When you see a hug on your post it is me... I put that so I know that I entered your steps onto the spreadsheet :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    nj8sp3foj7jf.jpeg

Crackers! They do not come into my house anymore. Now I eat Cheerios as a snack. They are fairly low in calories and I can make them last forever by eating them one at a time.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    onward1 wrote: »

I use a Fitbit but @Tazaria87 has a great suggestion for an app. For the days you didn’t have your phone 1mile is approximately 2000 steps. So for each day you would have 4000 steps. Megan @Megan_smartiepants1970 can enter the 4000 steps for the last few days in the spreadsheet.
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    nj8sp3foj7jf.jpeg

Biscuits , chocolate bars and spread, tortilla chips and crisps, crunchy nuts oat cereals , granola....
    Oh my I don't know what it is about those but my brain is off around them .And I won't sleep till the pack is gone. So yeah have been trying lately not to let it get home.
  • 28Haveitall2020
    Options
    nj8sp3foj7jf.jpeg

Crackers! They do not come into my house anymore. Now I eat Cheerios as a snack. They are fairly low in calories and I can make them last forever by eating them one at a time.

I too love crackers Especially the salt and pepper ones McJacobs. I can really eat way too much of those too.
  • 28Haveitall2020
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    @mari_moulin - wishing you a speedy recovery

@lindamtuck2018 - I can’t function before coffee either. Great job!

@Megan_smartiepants1970 - I’m so glad you are pain free. Thank you for stepping up and co-leading our team.

@Tazaria87 - way to stick to your step goal!

@onward1 - stacking wood is definitely a work out. It must feel good to get all of that accomplished

@28Haveitall2020 - nice loss!

Thank you
This discussion has been closed.