Downsizers - September 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,227 Member
    Options
    onward1 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck20- I too have to avoid sodium, you don't realize how much is in everything until you start reading labels. I have a dumb question- how is everyone recording all their steps? Should I get an app and carry a cell phone around all day? I'm new to the cell phone world, just got one.......I know, hard to believe. But still trying to figure it out. I did walk the past 4 days, 2 miles each day. But should I also be counting all the other walking I do all day, around the yard etc?

I use a Fitbit but @Tazaria87 has a great suggestion for an app. For the days you didn’t have your phone 1mile is approximately 2000 steps. So for each day you would have 4000 steps. Megan @Megan_smartiepants1970 can enter the 4000 steps for the last few days in the spreadsheet.
    nj8sp3foj7jf.jpeg

Are there any foods you have to avoid as you can’t stop at one? What are some alternatives you have found for this food item?

Crackers! They do not come into my house anymore. Now I eat Cheerios as a snack. They are fairly low in calories and I can make them last forever by eating them one at a time.

I make keto crackers using Sargento smokehouse cheddar cheese with Everything but the bagel sesame seasoning ... I also make crackers using a dough called Fathead which is mozzrella cheese and cream cream ..I use it for crackers, pizza etc .. I will add her steps to the spreadsheet right now :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I am off to run errands :)
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Check-in for Tuesday 9/1

Steps: 7838
    Calories: under
    Water: 94oz
    Rings (Apple Watch): all closed

The scale went in the right direction but needs to go a little further to get to the low where it was this week. Trying to focus on staying within my macros today.
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Okay here are my steps!

August 31: 6,432
    September 1: 5,135
    September 2: 3,439

Food has been terrible lately, I haven't really prepped. Today was supposed to be my day off, but my mom got stood up at her job and was all alone so I went in to help her there. I was primarily doing desk work so I didn't get to do too much today.

I am realizing that I am very tired with my new schedule. (i mapped it out and I have 5 days, well 4 days now off between both facilities for the month) Sleep hasn't been great so blehhh.

Saturday is my next non-work day so I am going to catch up on sleep and meal prep and get my life back on track! I will check-in tomorrow once I get home! Have a great night and day guys!
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Question regarding your steps. I am not sure if I have your Sunday steps. Can you confirm them for me?[/quote]

1161 steps
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Scorpiogirl70
    Weigh in Day is Monday

Treadmill 1 mile --- Yes
    Water (60 oz) -- 32 ounces
    Workout 3x week -- Tues Sept 1-yes, Wed Sept 2-yes
    2000 steps -- 3990 steps today
    Logged all food/drink -- yes
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Question regarding your steps. I am not sure if I have your Sunday steps. Can you confirm them for me?

1161 steps
    [/quote]

Thank you for confirming Nancy :)
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Wednesday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Over but I didn’t log my exercise
    Exercise: short walk this morning and a long one this evening
    Day: pretty good day, worked in the office which was nice. Snacked too much after dinner tho so gotta reel that in.
    Water: 12/10
    Steps: 14,956
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I thought I'd come skidding in here just before the deadline, but somehow I missed that it's already after midnight.

Username: missgyst
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Previous weight: 209
    Current weight: 207.6
    Loss to date: 24.2 lbs

I'm not going to participate in the step challenge this month, even though I'm still going to do my best to hit my steps daily. I'm a new college student at 46, haha! The first month has had me like a chicken without a head, trying to find time to fit everything into my day. I went so far as to delete almost all of my social media in an effort to remove distractions, but the two things I'm not giving up are this group and the Stanley Cup playoffs!

I hope everyone is well and I'm sorry I've been MIA for so long! :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    missGYST wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I thought I'd come skidding in here just before the deadline, but somehow I missed that it's already after midnight.

I'm not going to participate in the step challenge this month, even though I'm still going to do my best to hit my steps daily. I'm a new college student at 46, haha! The first month has had me like a chicken without a head, trying to find time to fit everything into my day. I went so far as to delete almost all of my social media in an effort to remove distractions, but the two things I'm not giving up are this group and the Stanley Cup playoffs!

Great loss Missgyst ....Good luck with college :) ..Happy to know that you are not giving up this amazing group ... :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    9/2 Steps: 10,300
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    nj8sp3foj7jf.jpeg

Are there any foods you have to avoid as you can’t stop at one? What are some alternatives you have found for this food item?

Chocolates, biscuits... I prefer not to buy them and eat from friends/family. If I start I don't wanna stop until the bag/bar/box is finished.
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    When you see a hug on your post it is me... I put that so I know that I entered your steps onto the spreadsheet :)

Cool! I'm lucking hugs in real life so it is a good way to receive one
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    Steps
    1 September 5.017 steps
    2 September 11.202 steps

I'm finally eating a bit more. Not the best options variety wise but at least yesterday f.e. I had my 5 meals!
    I need to try to control my stress levels. Yesterday watching RuPaulDragRace helped me a looooot. It's something that makes me instantly happy and forget about all the 💩 And a plus point is that is one of the only ways to make me be sitting on my own 🍑 for a bit.

Today I was checking my grafics and it is really different to see the "progress " of this 100 days in MFP and my "Progress " since 2010.
    awdem0hytcv5.jpg
    boe2s3g32lg6.jpg

• Z10Rtza
    Options
    Day: September 1

1) Eat 5 healthy meals.

2) Eat 1600 calories (or try at least more than 1200)❌

3) Do 8.000 steps. My Samsung Galaxy Fit broke and I keep forgetting to wear my phone with me to count the steps.❌

4) Do something creative, fun, for at least 30 minutes 5 days a week.

5) Try to talk to myself as I would talk to someone else, with good words, positive and motivating myself.❌
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    Day: September 2

1) Eat 5 healthy meals.

2) Eat 1600 calories (or try at least more than 1200)✔

3) Do 8.000 steps. My Samsung Galaxy Fit broke and I keep forgetting to wear my phone with me to count the steps.✔

4) Do something creative, fun, for at least 30 minutes 5 days a week.

5) Try to talk to myself as I would talk to someone else, with good words, positive and motivating myself.❌
  • fictionreader91
    fictionreader91 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Day Wednesday 2nd Sept

Steps - 4532
    Calories - slightly over but not by much
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,527 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    Check-in for Tuesday 9/1

Steps: 7838
    Calories: under
    Water: 94oz
    Rings (Apple Watch): all closed

The scale went in the right direction but needs to go a little further to get to the low where it was this week. Trying to focus on staying within my macros today.

Great job on the goals. I thought about getting an Apple Watch when my Fitbit died back the spring. How do you find it?

draby2011 wrote: »
    Okay here are my steps!

August 31: 6,432
    September 1: 5,135
    September 2: 3,439

Food has been terrible lately, I haven't really prepped. Today was supposed to be my day off, but my mom got stood up at her job and was all alone so I went in to help her there. I was primarily doing desk work so I didn't get to do too much today.

I am realizing that I am very tired with my new schedule. (i mapped it out and I have 5 days, well 4 days now off between both facilities for the month) Sleep hasn't been great so blehhh.

Saturday is my next non-work day so I am going to catch up on sleep and meal prep and get my life back on track! I will check-in tomorrow once I get home! Have a great night and day guys!

You are a very busy lady! Once you get your meal prep done and some sleep things should even out. Two more days till Saturday!

Scorpiogirl70
    Weigh in Day is Monday

Treadmill 1 mile --- Yes
    Water (60 oz) -- 32 ounces
    Workout 3x week -- Tues Sept 1-yes, Wed Sept 2-yes
    2000 steps -- 3990 steps today
    Logged all food/drink -- yes

Awesome job on your goals!

AmyG1982 wrote: »
    Daily Post Wednesday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Over but I didn’t log my exercise
    Exercise: short walk this morning and a long one this evening
    Day: pretty good day, worked in the office which was nice. Snacked too much after dinner tho so gotta reel that in.
    Water: 12/10
    Steps: 14,956

After supper is my downfall for snacking too! All I know is I am going to keep trying to break that habit.

missGYST wrote: »

Nice loss! I think that is amazing you have gone back to college. I am glad you keep us in your crazy busy life. I hope things settle and you get into a routine.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    ub39z8emn62a.jpeg

Overdue weigh ins
    @rhaaa
    @FoolishJoy
    @Colleen1018

Thursday’s weigh in
    @888Angie888
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: none
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 3,674
    DBF: 0

Starting my ending the binge cycle again today. I hate how I feel the next day especially when I have binged on carbs. I am still pretty sore today. We are having more work done on the apartment tomorrow and I have no choice but to get a lot prepared today. I hope they finish tomorrow and I can get my place back in order.

Today’s goals
    1. No binge eating
    2. Do prep for apartment work
This discussion has been closed.