Daily Post Sept 2
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Exercise Yes
    Steps 10955
    Water 128oz
    Weight Lifting- Did Arms/Shoulders
    Decluttering- Did not do anything for this

Got laundry folded and put away so that was nice, had 2 loads of clean clothes in baskets. Took a 53 minute walk outside in the evening and the weather was beautiful. Having DOMS from starting up weights again after not lifting for like 6 weeks. Not quite as bad as the first time I started lifting though. Definitely gonna take it a little slower this time so hopefully I won't get burnt out again.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,970 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Good Morning/Afternoon to our amazing team .... Happy Thursday :) I am off to try a new Leslie Sansone walking dvd... this one is walking to party hits that features HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) which is a 3 mile walk ...I am excited to try this one out :)
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Thursday Weigh Day

PW: 251.6
    CW: 255.0
    😕 Pretty sure the jump was caused by me giving in to way too much pasta and garlic bread yesterday (but it was damn delicious😉). I have to work on portion control and dropping my 'all or nothing' attitude.

Happy Thursday!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Steps 9/2: 13,957
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Check-in for Wednesday 9/3

Steps: 8206
    Calories: under
    Water: 114 oz
    Closed Ring Streak: 4 days

Well, watching the sodium yesterday paid off and I am hoping the scale stays where it is for tomorrow. There are food trucks at work today but I am focused on that weigh-in and will not be swayed.
  • azkunk
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 - I love my Apple Watch. It’s not easy to close the exercise band. During a walking work out, it has to increase your heart rate to count. I have the cellular version and I love that I don’t need to bring my phone with me during my outdoor activities for it to count. My favorite feature though is when I can’t find my phone, I can have my watch ping it and it will play a sound until I find it.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,580 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post Sept 2
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Exercise Yes
    Steps 10955
    Water 128oz
    Weight Lifting- Did Arms/Shoulders
    Decluttering- Did not do anything for this

Got laundry folded and put away so that was nice, had 2 loads of clean clothes in baskets. Took a 53 minute walk outside in the evening and the weather was beautiful. Having DOMS from starting up weights again after not lifting for like 6 weeks. Not quite as bad as the first time I started lifting though. Definitely gonna take it a little slower this time so hopefully I won't get burnt out again.

Great job on the weights. Hopefully, the soreness will ease off soon.

Good Morning/Afternoon to our amazing team .... Happy Thursday :) I am off to try a new Leslie Sansone walking dvd... this one is walking to party hits that features HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) which is a 3 mile walk ...I am excited to try this one out :)

Hope you had fun!

Thursday Weigh Day

PW: 251.6
    CW: 255.0
    😕 Pretty sure the jump was caused by me giving in to way too much pasta and garlic bread yesterday (but it was damn delicious😉). I have to work on portion control and dropping my 'all or nothing' attitude.

Happy Thursday!

At least you know why. I find with pasta my weight always jumps the next day.

azkunk wrote: »
    Check-in for Wednesday 9/3

Steps: 8206
    Water: 114 oz
    Closed Ring Streak: 4 days

Well, watching the sodium yesterday paid off and I am hoping the scale stays where it is for tomorrow. There are food trucks at work today but I am focused on that weigh-in and will not be swayed.

Well done on resisting the food trucks!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Hope you had fun!

I only did 15 minutes of it ....and I did my aerobics on Broadway... I was born with hip dysplasia so the last few days it has been hurting but I powered through :)
  • Colleen1018
    Colleen1018 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    PW 187
    CW 186.5
    Steps
    Monday-9236
    Tuesday-3236
    Wednesday-6020
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Scorpiogirl70
    Weigh in Day is Monday

Treadmill 1 mile --- Yes, actually did 3 times, 1 mile each to make up for calories... yikes!
    Water (60 oz) -- 88 ounces
    Workout 3x week -- Tues Sept 1-yes, Wed Sept 2-yes, Thurs Sept 3- yes
    2000 steps -- 9685 steps today
    Logged all food/drink -- yes

Just a note and maybe others can help me with this. I am in the process of quitting smoking and today was my actual first day with not even one puff on a cancer stick, hence all the calories. If you have been down this road, what did you help curb those cravings. In the past, when I have tried to quit, I always gave up on quitting because food is my go to and the pounds would just come on.
    I thought I was "snacking" better this time, but after today, I can see I need to alter something in this mess, okay the cheese puffs are probably not the best snack. :/ But I did stop with only one serving. haha
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Scorpiogirl70
    Weigh in Day is Monday

Treadmill 1 mile --- Yes, actually did 3 times, 1 mile each to make up for calories... yikes!

Just a note and maybe others can help me with this. I am in the process of quitting smoking and today was my actual first day with not even one puff on a cancer stick, hence all the calories. If you have been down this road, what did you help curb those cravings. In the past, when I have tried to quit, I always gave up on quitting because food is my go to and the pounds would just come on.
    I thought I was "snacking" better this time, but after today, I can see I need to alter something in this mess, okay the cheese puffs are probably not the best snack. :/ But I did stop with only one serving. haha[/quote

I quit Jan 2019 after 30+ years ....I got the flu/pneumonia and ended up in the hospital for 9 days ...I was done ....but my many attempts before that ..mint candies/gum, chewing on a straw helped ....coloring or crochet or doing puzzles ..going for a walk helped ...Great job on not smoking today ..... Also may I suggest Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking ...Great book and that also helped me :)
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Thursday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: none really but I did walk in place for 20 min to get my steps up (still didn’t hit 10,000 tho lol)
    Day: Pretty good day.
    Water: 10/10
    Steps: 8,551
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    9/3 Steps 10,700....I will do the recent steps in the morning ... I am exhausted ...Good night
  • azkunk
    Options
    Check-in for Thursday 9/4

Steps: 10,486
    Water: 93 oz
    Closed Ring Streak: 5 days

Today was a good day! I can’t remember the last time I hit 10K steps. Weigh-in day is tomorrow and I am hoping today’s weight holds. We decided to get out of town this weekend at the last minute. With our dog passing last weekend, we just need a change of scenery to get out of our funk. The room does not have a kitchenette so it will be eating out for the next 2.5 days. I know that I will go over calories (1200 is tough on a controlled day) but I will make good choices, log everything, drink lots of water and get lots of steps.
  • fictionreader91
    fictionreader91 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thursday 3rd Sept

Steps:7398
    Calories: Over

Thinking to next week goal - lower drinking calories
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Scorpiogirl70
    Weigh in Day is Monday

I thought I was "snacking" better this time, but after today, I can see I need to alter something in this mess, okay the cheese puffs are probably not the best snack. :/ But I did stop with only one serving. haha

Congrats!! I'm already 2 years without 🚬 and it is a freedom!
    If you are with your both hands in something the cravings go to less in a weird way. For example, if you are playing an old school tetris where you need to use both hands, you sort of forget about your 🚬
    If you wanna eat something in the meantime, you need to think 'What is that you like about your cravings?'
    In my case if I am craving chips because I want something crunchy I eat raw carrot in big chunks and it helps a lot.
    If I crave sweets I make myself something with almond milk, banana, cinnamon, oats and dates.
    My girlfriend craves salty things and boullon helps her big times.
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Day: September 3
    Steps 6.969

1) Eat 5 healthy meals.

2) Eat 1600 calories (or try at least more than 1200)❌

3) Do 8.000 steps. My Samsung Galaxy Fit broke and I keep forgetting to wear my phone with me to count the steps.❌

4) Do something creative, fun, for at least 30 minutes 5 days a week.

5) Try to talk to myself as I would talk to someone else, with good words, positive and motivating myself.✔
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    PW 187
    CW 186.5
    Steps
    Monday-9236
    Tuesday-3236
    Wednesday-6020

Nice loss!

Scorpiogirl70
    Weigh in Day is Monday

Great job on meeting your goals! I never smoked so I can’t give you any tips there.

AmyG1982 wrote: »
    Daily Post Thursday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: none really but I did walk in place for 20 min to get my steps up (still didn’t hit 10,000 tho lol)
    Day: Pretty good day.
    Water: 10/10
    Steps: 8,551

Walking in place for 20 minutes is exercise. Walking is a great form of exercise. Great job on the goals!

azkunk wrote: »
    Check-in for Thursday 9/4

Steps: 10,486
    Water: 93 oz
    Closed Ring Streak: 5 days

Today was a good day! I can’t remember the last time I hit 10K steps. Weigh-in day is tomorrow and I am hoping today’s weight holds. We decided to get out of town this weekend at the last minute. With our dog passing last weekend, we just need a change of scenery to get out of our funk. The room does not have a kitchenette so it will be eating out for the next 2.5 days. I know that I will go over calories (1200 is tough on a controlled day) but I will make good choices, log everything, drink lots of water and get lots of steps.

We always have curve balls thrown at us during our weight loss. So you have a plan to deal with this one so you should do ok. Just jump back on plan when you get back.

Thursday 3rd Sept

Steps:7398
    Calories: Over

Thinking to next week goal - lower drinking calories

You can do it! Focus on that goal.

Day: September 3
    Steps 6.969

1) Eat 5 healthy meals.

2) Eat 1600 calories (or try at least more than 1200)❌

3) Do 8.000 steps. My Samsung Galaxy Fit broke and I keep forgetting to wear my phone with me to count the steps.❌

4) Do something creative, fun, for at least 30 minutes 5 days a week.

5) Try to talk to myself as I would talk to someone else, with good words, positive and motivating myself.✔

Hang in there! Just keep working on your goals!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Thursday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Exercise: none
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 5,749
    DBF: 0

PW 198.2
    CW 204.6
    LTD 58.2

I know logically I didn’t gain 6.4 pounds in a week but it is hard to look at. I slept last night for about 2 hours and I had to be up at 5:30. I was binge eating at 1:30 am. So that along with the fact we had take out last night caused a big jump on the scale. I have been stressed out with the apartment stuff and the management here sucks. I am hoping everything gets done today. My place is a total disaster. I just wish they had done everything at once instead of spreading it out. With me stress leads to binge eating. It’s a vicious circle! It is time to find a new place to live.

Have a super Friday!

Today’s goals
    1. No binge eating
    2. Start putting apartment back together
This discussion has been closed.