Senior Golden Sneakers

Options

Replies

• Gawanne35
    Gawanne35 Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your concern PATSY. This thing has made me sort of sleepy, so Jill and I had just settled down on the sofa for a sort of snooze when there came a knock on the door and Jilly ran straight across me to see who it was. It was Darren with the two girls who have grown like weeds in the UK. Now 10 and 13 both extremely pretty. We sat in the garden with Jilly finally having someone to play with besides doddery old me. Darren must notice a change in me, especially me still being sleepy. However I shall endeavour to be more sprightly next time we meet and definitely less scruffy.
    He was asking about my delivery service because whilst in quarantine, disaster with the service they chose. I really did strike lucky.

JERI, I'm so glad you've popped in again and
    SANDY stick to your guns! as regards friends who aren't taking the virus seriously. There's an old saying, "He who laughs last, laughs longest". Another saying, "leopards don't change their spots", but I totally understand your concern for Babe who appears to be his own worst enemy. A real shame, because you and he should be having fun and companionship.
    JACKIE, I thought I got everything out of the entry slit but maybe not. At the moment I'm feeling sorry for the poor bee who was only defending herself.
    BOB lovely photo of your Mom who looks a very sweet lady. Very sad that you lost her so young, and don't you look spiffy, all dressed up and making her very proud.
    LIN, that's some teapot! I don't think I'd like it gracing my tea table though! I'd be wondering what was in the tea!

I keep trying to post but MFP won't let me!

Well, me done for the day.
    Anne.
  • Gawanne35
    Options
    Finally, it posted. Wonder if the problem is page change?
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,312 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    oj9f6p3buf9p.jpeg
    l0s4ixx7h1dv.jpeg
    rvksmwskg7md.jpeg

• fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    qs5pm48i4y6c.jpg

In the first post are a picture of me and Andrew and then Melanie's kids. The oldest is Elizabeth going to 2nd year of university this fall and ending with 6 month old andrew. Zach is not shown in the first day of school picture as he was working that morning. He does audio visual for the church so was up and gone before Melanie even got up. He missed the first part of classes at school due to all of that. Good way for him to make some money and he is very good at it.

This picture is of Melissa's boys. Unfortunately we don't get to see them as much as they live in Airdrie north of Calgary. Melissa is back working downtown again and they are in daycare during the week. We are more cautious getting together with them due to COVID. We'll be staying away from Melanie and hers for awhile too until things settle down and schools get their protocols in order, Melissa's boys are so much fun as well.

Aren't grandkids great.

Be well everyone.

Jeri
  • Gawanne35
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Yes indeed, grand kids are the greatest, even the very grown up ones like mine. Thanks for showing them to us Jeri. Lovely looking family. Maybe we will be lucky enough to see a great grandchild. Wouldn't that be neat! Anne.
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,092 Member
    Options
    Oh JERI! Wonderful to see photos of all those lovely children. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ I love them all but especially the school line up. Thank you so much.

Hugs.

Lin
  • pinkperil
    pinkperil Posts: 5,072 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Always lovely to see photos of those lovely kids and also know you're ok Jeri.

Bob, we posted about the same time yesterday so I missed your pictures. My immediate sense seeing that photo of your mother was of someone as beautiful inside as out. It shone through her eyes.

Shopping early was a good idea because we continue to have crowds of visitors in the area so at least I got in and out of the supermarket before most were up! The dogs were taken to the local woods for a change but again a near full car park and so many people. I had been told cars were being parked on both sides of the narrow roads nearby blocking access for farmers on their tractors and heavy vehicles but today police no stopping bollards were everywhere... I've never seen that before!

I've made more soup with allotment produce and will now attempt to finish once and for all the wallpaper stripping. A mild by cloudy day but I understand the weekend will be brighter so I'm saving gardening for that.

Happy Friday. Take care everyone.
    Jackie

PS Forgot to add that yes Patsy, the monkey teapot is similar to mine climbing
    the greenery on the chair material. Unfortunately it's still wrapped in a bag because having decided to employ a professional to do a better job than I ever could recovering the chairs, lockdown arrived and because the lady had underlying health problems she understandably immediately stopped all work. I must chase her up to see if she is well and also able to get back to her business. Not that my dining room is fit for purpose right now but I live in hope!!
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Jackie – I can’t tell you how much she misses the NYS Fair and that “special” fried dough. First thing this morning she said “What a great day to be at the Fair…no humidity, sun and 75 degrees). I can sympathize on the “buried” photo. I certainly have over 100,000 photos on my computer and 2 external hard drives. Sadly much of it isn’t properly categorized because when saved I told myself “I know I will remember” LOL. You’re spot-on about the mental health issues related to the lockdown. I have some friends and family showing the effects. All we can do is try to “be there” as a shoulder or to help. As for my mother – your right she was a kind and loving woman – she “adored” my father and her children.

Patsy – To be honest, I loved going to dances…but it was more about the girls than the music. But those were innocent days of hand-holding, kissing and walks…nothing like today…I actually feel bad for what kids today don’t know…because they don’t know.

Anne – Yes, my mom was a sweetheart and I was a momma’s boy to a certain extent. As a teen you don’t realize how young 57 is…. But she was amazing with all 7 kids.

Jeri – Love the kid photos…so adorable. I was instantly struck by your first line “In the first post are a picture of me and Andrew and then Melanie's kids.” We have 3 grandchildren and rthe first two are named “Andrew & Melanie” – go figure! Grandchildren can be such wonders….

Oh well…just made my lunch (photo) Simple but should be good. Jean is bringing her friend to the doctor right now and then we are headed out for a country ride. Busy weekend ahead.

cigqkbmxtdic.jpg

TGIF – Enjoy! Bob
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,043 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! :) Laundry is almost done, next some cleaning. As far as I know I am sitting tonight unless Lisa changes her mind about the shower. So far no plans for the holiday but maybe movie night tomorrow.

Bob, another appetizing lunch, you really are a good cook. Have fun on your busy weekend but stay safe. Our cases in Illinois are rising again and who knows with the holiday Monday. I just told my friend today that I hope Facebook never leaves because I would miss all the photos and albums I have on there along with my DIL pictures of kiddos.

Jackie, another new project once you find out if the lady can do your chairs. Is there a holiday in England this weekend, we have Labor Day but I don't think you celebrate that one. Is it normal to have so many crowds this time of year??

Jeri, wonderful seeing you and your grandkids. You look wonderful and healthy. I can't believe the baby is six months old already, time sure does fly. Remind us again of how many each of your children have? I think one has ten and the other two, is that correct???

Lin, Iowa is also rising in cases so stay safe.

Anne, how is your finger today? With how kids are today I am not sure I will see a great grandchild in my life time. No one is in a hurry to marry and have kids. In fact a couple of my nieces are doing the reverse, having kids and then getting married. Strange new world.

I guess if I am going to clean before sitting I better get started. Have a great day.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time

• Gawanne35
    Options
    Beautiful perfect September day here of 73 with a light breeze. Michael's been and gone, but Jilly had lots of walks and is now napping. I got taken to Indigo's to buy two murder mysteries, my finger is so much better, no itching to speak of and just a little swelling, so I'm looking forward to starting one of the books this afternoon. Oh and the perfect order showed up with Grocery Gateway. I.e. Perfect veggies etc. What more could I want!
    Anne. 🙃🐶❤️
  • linder4866
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Hello, we have lovely weather today. Nothing on tap for this long weekend. Really staying close to home. The Covid cases are seemingly out of control but folks, we have utter incompetence in this state. Sorry for the political statement but our governor is 100% in the Trump playbook. She really doesn’t give a fig. They just want to win the elections at all levels this fall.

A friend had said she would likely stop over around noon but that didn’t happen. I guess I am a bit disappointed as I haven’t seen her for so long I can’t even remember when we got together. A movie some time In 2019 I believe.

Well plenty to read, lots of great puzzles and a stack of card making material that would likely reach the ceiling if I could pile it that high. 🤣😂🤣

Back again. Just got a couple of messages from my friend. Their car got damaged in a parking lot and her husband is throwing an absolute fit. So she is staying home.

So here’s a teapot. No description.

dt0o1o4y3efe.jpeg

And a puzzle finished yesterday. Much more difficult than it looks. The pieces were cut in very strange shapes.

rtufqdnwn4eu.jpeg

Wishing everyone all the best.

Lin
    ❤️❤️

• jwubben6600
    jwubben6600 Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I tried posting awhile ago...I had such amazing wisdom and great news....hummmmm! I seem to have forgotten whatever I had to say. I lost my post. I have also lost my mind.

Anyway, it is warm, sunny and I have accomplished very little today so far. I will try to remedy that soon. At least another load of wash and prepare my lettuce and quickly cook my shrimp for a Labor Day shrimp salad. How I wish I could have my little gang over for a Labor Day picnic on the deck. We would all be together under the umbrella, telling jokes, listening to music. My favorite kind of holiday. Next year! Vaccine is almost here. Hang in there, dear sneakers.

Our son sent this funny photo of his ancient puppy on her way to the groomer. This doggie is a distant relative of Jackie’s George. Her name is Runtie. She was the runt of the litter.

For some reason, I can’t post any photos.....odd day today.
    Patsy☘️
  • pinkperil
    Options
    A fun afternoon/evening for me!
    i7ivv5pp4ds7.jpeg
    Mess cleared away now and some carried off in George’s beard! That’s now what will be the dining room finished as far as anything I can physically do and just a small area left in what will be my snug.
    I phoned a recommended plasterer who sounded very pleasant and promised to call back next week to arrange a visit. Slow but sure...

Sandy, our long weekend was last week which was what’s simply referred to as the August Bank holiday. It doesn’t commemorate anything but is just an extra day off for people to enjoy as we come to the end of summer. We don’t normally have the mass arrival of visitors although Cornwall is a popular county for holidays. The problem has arisen as more and more countries normally visited by Brits holidaying are added to a government list of those with increasing numbers of Covid infections so travellers have to self isolate for 14 days when they get home. Someone came up with the terrible term Staycationing, in other words taking a vacation in your own country and most of our visitors would normally be sitting on a Spanish beach so I call them the Benidorm crowd! Some don’t appear to respect current Covid rules or our environment so local people worry about going out and I give them a wide berth!

Lin, it’s a terrible shame that dealing with the virus has become political; thank goodness one thing that hasn’t happened much here if at all. That’s an amazing jigsaw. How many pieces do you usually pick? I think I threw myself in the deep end with 1000 but will get back to them in the Winter months. Another “busy” teapot... I’ll say no more!

Past my bedtime!
    Jackie 😴
  • Gawanne35
    Options
    LOVE Runtie, PATSY
    I think the ornate teapot belonged to a French aristocrat, LIN
    You are one very brave woman, JACKIE. Glad you are taking photos though of Jackie's Progress. One day you will sit with a glass of wine 🍷 in opulent comfort viewing what once was.
    Anne.
  • linder4866
    Options
    Hi, just ran across this Sadler teapot.

330oed5p8nms.jpeg

❤️❤️
    Lin
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Oooh Lin, Robin Hood, Robin Hood riding through the glen🎵🎵🎵
  • Gawanne35
    Options
    Can't resist.
    Robin Hood, Robin Hood, riding through the glen.
    Tea ain't been discovered yet, just beer for "merry" men.

So I've got over the tooth pull, a sick pup, and a bee sting almost gone, and am I a happy camper? No I'm not, knee deciding to collapse on me with accompanying pain. My mother always said everyone is okay until they reach their eighties and after that milestone, downhill all the way. Thanks Ma for your words of wisdom. I seem to be following in her footsteps. She was down in the village and had just come out of the bakery shop when her knee collapsed causing a broken hip after hitting the side walk. Not that that worried her, I was told that as the paramedics placed her on the stretcher, she was far more concerned about squashing her loaf of bread which she had sat on than her hip pain.

Another lovely day, but the forecast is for thunder and lightning all day on labour day Monday. Summer is ending with a terrific firework show apparently with maybe a touch of frost in the air. Glad I've ordered two woollies from dear old Marks and Spencer's.

Well I'm washing today, hobbling around and baking a bacon and egg pie to be eaten with peas, mushrooms and yellow pepper strips lightly sautéed.

Enjoy the last of summer heat Sneakers, Jack Frost is just behind the door.
    Annie, 🙃🐶❤️🏀
  • pinkperil
    Options
    Interesting. I typed a post before Lin's Robin Hood teapot about Marie Antoinette with her teapot and cake for the peasants but it seems to have disappeared into the ether! Other words of wisdom too of course and a photo of George with a grumpy look as he waits for the groomer. Oh well, it must be sitting somewhere with Patsy's lost post!!
    Jackie :|
  • Sandydur
    Sandydur Posts: 9,043 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday! :) I had fun with the kiddos yesterday even bouncing on the trampoline with them. Basically chasing them around like a monster and making them laugh. We are going to have movie night tonight as rain, possibly storms are scheduled for Sunday and Monday. Probably a good thing to keep all those who don't care and don't wear masks home. My turn to buy the food so they have decided on Mexican so I will have soft tacos which probably have a million calories and I am nearly down to my goal weight. Oh well I will ride my bike and try to gain some calories but I don't even want to see how much cholesterol.

Jackie, oh darn, I love seeing pictures of the pups, is it on your phone?? Wow, what a mess in taking down the wallpaper, you are really ambitious.

Anne, you didn't listen, things come in three's no more accidents, illness or any other bad thing for you. Take some aleve and rest your knee, you don't want to follow in your mother's footsteps, so too speak.

Patsy, a vaccine is getting close, we have endured this pandemic for six months we can wait a little longer just hang in there.

Lin, what a great puzzle, between you and my daughter's FIL not sure who is the champ. lol
    Glad your friend wasn't hurt, cars can be fixed even with grumpy husbands.

Have a great day and hello to all I missed.

Sandy
    One Day at a Time
  • linder4866
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Good afternoon.

I watered plants this morning and mixed up a little spray to try to fight little white mite or something that are in hordes around my plants right now. Afterwards, I made kale mix salad, did a bit of cleaning in my kitchen and then drug out some paper, cut it and am starting to die cut words to use on cards.

I watched the weekly Facebook Live show that I enjoy, had lunch and got distracted with messages and other things.

The Kentucky Derby is later and I will try to watch that. I do love horses. 🐎🐎

Sandy, enjoy movie night. I think there is some rain forecast here as well. As for your activities with the kids yesterday, soon you will be a trampoline expert. ☺️

Jackie, oh no, a lost post! Argh. Dreadful. The photo of your work on your house shows what a lot of work you’ve taken on. I love your door by the way. You have a great eye on what you want to accomplish. I don’t have that type of vision when it comes to homes and decorating.

Anne, I am sorry your knee is acting up. Thank heavens the other troubles are pretty well behind you. At the mailbox yesterday a wasp was bedeviling me and it seemed to be trying to crawl into my pant leg. I escaped. But I was thinking of you!

Patsy, sorry for the loss of the wisdom that was included in the lost post. I hope you and John and Katie have a great weekend.

Bob, the last photos you posted of your yummy food make me hungry each time I look at them! Too good! Hope you and Jean are having an enjoyable day.

Hello to Barbie, Diane, Jeri and all Sneakers.

Lin
    ❤️❤️