Shrinking Assets - September 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    @LaurieWrobo whoooooppppp amazing well done you!!!!! It is so inspiring seeing people reach goal.... you make me believe, thank you!

@Curvybaja55 have a great day too :)

My check in.
    Today was *kitten* with work. I thought working from home would be good but actually I really much prefer being in the office.... also I snack way more here.

I finished work and popped to the supermarket, I walked the whole way hk e persuading myself to move my workout to tomorrow morning (I'd planned to do it at lunch but ended up without a lunch break) but got in and got it done.... yeah!

20.40 and still got dinner to organise and eat, but needed to cool down and regain composure first so it was the perfect time to pop on here.

2 more days to the weekend..... come on, we've got this!
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,531 Member
    Options
    A blip @Beka3695

Simply, life isn't easy, everything is a choice, what do you want? Do you need help getting there? If so we are here for you.
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Set out for 10k - made 10k! Very, very, VERY slowly.

To be fair this is probably good training for when I actually get to run the last few miles of a marathon as I am running with pretty much no energy to call on.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    @kilobykilo awesome job!!! Go you!!!

@carriestrine I cannot imagine the air quality there. It is so wide spread!!! How far are you from the fires?

@TheMrWobbly is the lack of energy due to keto?

Good job guys!!
  • Dogmom1978
    Dogmom1978 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Dogmom1978 wrote: »
    So, I feel your pain about the men who are like “look how easy weight loss is”. I want to punch them in the face. But I also don’t want to go to jail, so there’s that.

This needs to be the law. We need a list of offences that allow you to give someone a bop on the nose;

1. Bragging about losing weight whilst putting in zero effort
    2. Lining up several people abreast across a foot path and not giving any room when somebody comes along
    3. Reaching over someone for something when shopping as if social distancing didn't exist
    4. Parking your vehicle on a pavement so wheelchairs and pushchairs have to go in the road

If we don't reach 100 I would be surprised!

Lol yes!!!!
  • TheMrWobbly
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    @TheMrWobbly is the lack of energy due to keto?

Unfortunately yes. Apparently it takes a while for your body to adjust and 10k is as far as I can go even then didn't feel good. I have to admit it - I love carbs!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    13ve38t7mwlg.jpeg

FAT 2 FIT
    RECIPE SHARE

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10803881/recipes#latest

This is a reminder that Fat2Fit has a recipe share page. Hop on over and take a look.

Please share your favorite recipe for others to love, too.
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel like a lurker in these team threads because I read all the posts each day but only really chime in on weigh in days. I wanted to share how much I relate to and am inspired by what you all share!

@LaurieWrobo how pumped are you for wedding photos now?! I bet one will make an awesome progress post! Have you bought your dress yet?

This time of the year is always weird for people because of all the change that happens from summer to fall routines. Work madness, kids back to school, all those things! Im trying to remember that and be kind to myself as we shift into this new season, and think about just one or two simple priorities that I can carry forward.

Right now Im doing ok food and calories wise, but am greatly impacted by the poor air quality and wildfire smoke here in California. It has made exercise very difficult or impossible on really poor air days. I'm missing the stress relief and the feeling of getting stronger. It has almost made me forget about covid.

Hi! Yep dress was bought back in February before all the COVID stuff hit; I went for alterations a few weeks ago- none needed!!!!
    So no more money needed to be spent😘
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Happy Toning Thursday💥💥💥
    Back to back barre classes!! Class last night and class early this morning- 6:15 AM!!
    My Pure Barre studio is in the Fall Fit Challenge which I signed up for - instructor v. members - 30 classes in 60 days; 2 down!!💥💥💥
  • Shandke
    Shandke Posts: 116 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    September 10, 2020
    Weigh day Thursday
    PW: 132
    CW: 131.6
    LTD: 5.0 (April 2020)

Ok so hoping this is actual (albeit slow) progress. I guess we will see. I have worked out regularly since April...Jazzercise on Demand during Covid actually got me started back on this train to lose weight and get more fit.

And to those with husbands/men that can eat one less peanut and lose, I can relate. While I have yo-yo'd and worked out to lose my 5 pds, my husband has managed to lose 18. However, he is my hero and happy that Keto works for him...I would just give up life without carbs... and starve since I really hate most veggies! Ha. Everyone I think has to find their path. :)
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    1zhfp4197ffa.png

:star:The Idea Lounge :star: is a place where we can come together to share our creative ideas and give our suggestions on how to make Fat2Fit the best challenge group on My Fitness Pal! B)

Challenges - Why challenges? There is nothing better to help keep the energy and commitment high, and the discouragement and staleness low. They are optional but really helpful. Tell us which ones you like, or what new ideas you'd like to see.

Suggestions - This is wide open! What would make F2F better? What bugs you? What works really well? Take some time to look around on other teams than your own, and if you see something you'd like your team to try, suggest it! Or if you think of ways we can improve communication, reward the right kind of progress, or make the community more welcoming and effective. Spill!

Click the link to share your ideas! The Idea Lounge
  • KittyInBoots17
    KittyInBoots17 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I apologize, the long weekend threw me off so yesterday felt like Tuesday and I didn't weigh in! I'll carry over from last week.

Weigh In Wednesday:

KittyInBoots17:
    PW: 234.6
    CW:234.6

This discussion has been closed.