Waist Aways - September 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    I made it to my first day of on-site work in 6 months. No one really knows what is going on but that's okay for the moment. Kids don't come until the 21st. We have been out of power for 2 days now. It is really screwing up my schedule. I didn't meal prep like I wanted to so I have been winging it for food. My husband got take out which was really sweet but even with small portions I am over calories. I want to work out but I can't take a shower and I have to go to work...sooooo what's a girl to do. I have been a little anxious for the first day of school so I can't seem to come up with a backup plan. Oh well. The power will hopefully be on tomorrow evening and a few missed workouts won't kill me. I work the next 2 days and I will have a 3 day weekend to get myself together. I might try and work out in the morning.

Hang in there, Kristi! Don't you love it when a power outage happens just at the right moment? Ugh. We had one of 8 days over Christmas one year, had to move my 92 year-old mother-in-law into somewhere with power. Luckily at our house we heat with wood and cook on propane, but we could not do dishes (no water pump!) until we brought up many canisters of water from my daughter's who had power. Fun. I'm sure you'll get through it, but it is NOT a time to worry about food planning, etc. Good luck!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Busy long weekend for me, so I just caught up on this thread! Honestly, kind of struggling this week with the need to binge/eat anything in sight, and some unexpected work stress (which always makes me want to carbo-load!). Trying to focus on a nice arugula salad that I have planned for dinner.

@conleywoods those cougars cracked me up! I love coming across some of those backyard cam racoon videos, too.

@micki48 I've been remiss on steps! For the last few days, this is what I have:
    9/3: 12,169
    9/4: 13,831
    9/5: 13,037
    9/6: 13,178
    9/7: 11,071
    9/8: 10,353

Hope everyone is having a good hump day.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    8th September Steps and exercise update

Steps - 2675
    Exercise - 37 minutes Tabata
  • jugar
    Options
    Yikes! I'm behind in my nagging :tongue:

Still due today:
    @offitgoes
    @evelynladams527

Due Thursday:
    @eggfreak
    @conleywoods

Thanks!
  • theweeonemfp
    theweeonemfp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Oh and @jugar here is my steps! epgad8604szf.jpg
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    @theweeonemfp
    Well done for joining the gym and losing those 3lbs again. Cravings are really tough and I think sometimes we will all succumb! Maybe it's about not beating ourselves up and just seeing it as part of life.

I am really similar and I've not been having the best few days. I have had a couple of binges. I've been doing this for about 6 weeks now and I think the cracks are starting to show and some old habits are creeping back - I haven't weight myself but I feel like I definitely won't have lost any weight this week the way I've been going.

This group is great though and to answer @jugar 's question I am hoping this is what will make the difference for me this time. Having people who I can actually be honest with about times like this and get support is really helpful, so that I don't throw my arms up and give it all up as I usually do!

Another reason for me is that this time I HAVE to do it, because me and fiance want to start trying for a baby very soon, and I really want to lose a bit of excess weight to make pregnancy easier on my body and healthier for baby too - so I have that extra motivation this time around!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Mfp is weird today, can't get to the group on my computer only on my phone...

Steps 9/9 = 10,311 & 20 min yoga 🧘‍♀️

Have a great day !
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy Thursday!
    Today is "get over the procrastination and overeating from yesterday" day for me - feel free to join in! I made a plan for the day (still trying to live up to @Gidgitgoescrazy in that department!), and I will go through it. If any cravings hit, the food goes into the diary first, a good think has to happen, and then I can have the amount that fits into the calorie allowance for the day if I still want it. I know that is easy to say, and often hard to do. I hear your pain @spyro88 and @theweeonemfp ! It's feeling like week 2. The excitement of week 1 is over, now it is getting real...

@CanadianGiraffe - I am so glad to hear you are working with a trainer, and one who sounds like just what you need. It is so frustrating to have a limitation or five, and as we age (beautifully! gracefully!), those are going to happen. We'll fight it with all the tools at hand, and a good trainer is one of them! Thanks for reminding me of this. I have been winging it and need to get back in touch with my old trainer, or possibly find a new one. Not sure yet.

SO. Today's thought to explore is timing. I know that not everyone has the luxury of choosing when to do things like grocery shopping, but I am finding more and more that shopping early in the morning (after breakfast!) makes it easier to stick to my guns and not buy the things I do not want in my life. All those lovely microbrews and baked goods just don't appeal in the morning. And exercise - I go against the usual advice and exercise in the evenings, often right before going to bed. It is not supposed to work that way, but it works for me. Planning? This is where I have not yet found the magic moment. The night before? During breakfast? When do you plan - or do you avoid it the way I tend to :grimace: Maybe that just means I have not yet figured out the best time to do it. Or the best "anchor" - tying it to something I already do every single day. Like plan while drinking my coffee.

Does timing help you make better decisions? How? All tips and questions welcome!
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    @theweeonemfp Good luck on your gym journey. I know it has been key to me keeping going. Do you have a gym buddy or trainer there? As a suggestion, I found that solo I could more easily make excuses to not go. My thoughts on cravings are in the next section...

@spyro88 I'm a bad one to talk about succumbing to cravings. And once I gave in I would quit logging for that day and justify it to myself that I was already over my calories anyway. So that became my ticket to keep eating. Now instead if I have let myself binge on something, I make sure I log it (even if it is ugly) and that seems to keep me from spiraling out of control as badly. And a baby is a great reason to lose weight!
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    @jugar You ask the best questions! As for when I plan, I was thinking about this the other day. It sounds funny but a few months back when we were all staying home I found it easy to sit down every morning and plan out all the food & meals for the day and stick to it. Now as things are starting to ease up I find there are more opportunities to deviate from my plan. So I guess this is my long winded way of saying that I haven't figured it out yet either!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    13ve38t7mwlg.jpeg

FAT 2 FIT
    RECIPE SHARE

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10803881/recipes#latest

This is a reminder that Fat2Fit has a recipe share page. Hop on over and take a look.

Please share your favorite recipe for others to love, too.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    1zhfp4197ffa.png

:star:The Idea Lounge :star: is a place where we can come together to share our creative ideas and give our suggestions on how to make Fat2Fit the best challenge group on My Fitness Pal! B)

Challenges - Why challenges? There is nothing better to help keep the energy and commitment high, and the discouragement and staleness low. They are optional but really helpful. Tell us which ones you like, or what new ideas you'd like to see.

Suggestions - This is wide open! What would make F2F better? What bugs you? What works really well? Take some time to look around on other teams than your own, and if you see something you'd like your team to try, suggest it! Or if you think of ways we can improve communication, reward the right kind of progress, or make the community more welcoming and effective. Spill!

Click the link to share your ideas! The Idea Lounge
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar
    PW 148
    CW 149.5
    I'm doing the dance with these same few pounds.
  • spyro88
    Options
    @jugar My partner and I plan out our whole week of evening meals at the weekend and do the shopping online so there's not as much temptation to buy things we don't need. I love it! My diet has been more predictable (and some may say boring as it's all planned) but also a lot better for my body since I started doing this.

It means the only time I have to think is lunch time, usually a salad, leftovers or a sandwich. It works well for me most of the time, but as above I still have my weak days!
  • spyro88
    edited September 2020
    Options
    (Also I have just got back from the gym and am SO OVER yesterday) :D

Logging bad days is something to work towards for sure
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Steps and exercise for 9th September:

Steps - 3607
    Exercise - 0 (rest day)