Options
    Username: reflectionofme
    Weigh in day: Monday
    PW: 125. 2
    CW: 125.1
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! I hope you all had a nice long weekend. This week, I decided to switch up my workouts. I have lifting 4 days and doing Barre 2 days. Today, I did a 10 min Barre enhancement with my lifting workout. I feel great. It was a nice balance.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    t5rbdxfgx1fz.jpeg

SEPTEMBER WEEK 1 STEP RESULTS

TOTAL TEAM STEPS - 676,310

3wqt5etna190.png
    STEP STARS

1st - @ells_runs 109,840
    2nd - @jugar 92,318
    3rd - @KellyBgetsfit 76,712

MEMBERS MEETING THEIR DAILY STEP GOAL

@micki48 7/7
    @ells_runs 5/7
    @jugar 5/7

If you think you met your goal and I didn't include you, please let me know. I have a bunch of people with no daily goal. You may have given it, but I missed it. I am not good at searches. It never seems to work for me. Sorry. :/

GREAT STEPPING TEAM! LET'S DO IT AGAIN!
    1esr351hz1ca.png
  • micki48
    Options
    @BaileyCat88 What is your daily goal? I feel like you gave it to me, but I can't find it and you had an amazing week.

@jugar I just added ^^^ Not sure the formula is in the cells. I added the total by "hand". It did include her total in the weekly group total, but could you check to see that they are in their for the future? I really need to learn how to do that.

@evangsimmons170 I looked everywhere but could not find two of your days this past week. I'm sorry.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Step and Exercise update:

6th September:
    Steps - 3844
    Exercise - 0 mins (Sunday rest day)

7th September:
    Steps - 3119
    Exercise - 40 mins Upper Body HIIT
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    @jugar Good question! Up until August I think the answer would have been logging and being accountable to all of you. And then last month I was not very diligent with either. And it scared me to think that I might be undoing all that I have achieved so far. So this month I am trying to be better at both. It did certainly establish in my brain that I cannot do this on my own yet (or maybe ever). So it looks like you are all stuck with me!
    When I dig a little deeper and explore what I regretted about slipping up, I see that my sticking with it this time is about how I feel when I see my body returning to what I always felt was inside me. It has been exciting to be able to move differently, to see the changes in the mirror, to fit into my clothes better. And the one thing that has been different this time from other attempts is that I have had to rely on my own internal feedback and what I get here, because with the COVID-19 situation I honestly am interacting with a very limited group of family and friends. And to be honest none of them has noticed or said anything about my weight loss. Probably when we don't interact as often it is less noticeable or we have too much else to talk about.
    Whatever it is this time, I need to stay focused. This is too valuable to mess up and I am really feeling like I want to make this stick so I can spend the years I have left on this planet living better. Having said that, this is my permission and gratitude for all of you to get on my case when you see me heading off the rails!
  • FatSlayer1016
    FatSlayer1016 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    @micki48 I think you missed me as well. My goal was 6k steps a day and I hit it everyday. I'll go back and double check that my post listing all my steps for the week actually shared and I didn't hit that darn done button again...
  • micki48
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    y89i3twys4t6.png

What makes this time different? You have certainly tried to lose before, we have all gone up and down. This time could be the one that sticks.
    So what is or has to be different?

Having our team to check in with and find motivation is what has made the difference. Our conversations help us understand that losing weight/getting fit is not a straight downward line. We will go up and down. We will plateau. Some will lose lots of weight. Some will lose a tenth of a pound. And sometimes, even when you are "good" you can gain. We learn from others' experiences and grow in the understanding of this journey. I know now that being on a "diet" is not going to make it work in the long run. There is no end of this work. I have learned that you have to experiment and look at your data, and even when you have figured it out, your body could change the way it reacts again. I know I cannot say that a particular food group is off limits. I know that exercise really can be part of my life and helps my body feel better (most of the time) and makes me stronger. In all of this, even when I am ready to give up or walk away, I know I have you all "whispering in my ear" and that you will always be here to support me or give good advice. Go team!!
  • micki48
    Options
    @micki48 I think you missed me as well. My goal was 6k steps a day and I hit it everyday. I'll go back and double check that my post listing all my steps for the week actually shared and I didn't hit that darn done button again...

I am SOOOOOOO sorry! I will go back and look again. I think something might be up with what is posting on my end.
  • micki48
    Options
    @FatSlayer1016 I found it. Somehow, I missed it. My search button is not working for sure.

STEP TEAM CORRECTION
    STEP TEAM CORRECTION
    STEP TEAM CORRECTION

TOTAL TEAM STEPS: 751, 150 WOW! Three quarter of a MILLION steps in one week. Wahoo.

Also meeting her step goals: @FatSlayer1016 Met her daily goal 7/7 days!!!!!

• jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    @jugar
    PW 244.5
    CW 244.5

@micki48
    9g1akck2fo86.png

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,041 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »
    @FatSlayer1016 I found it. Somehow, I missed it. My search button is not working for sure.

The search function in groups is COMPLETELY disabled. I don't know why, but it makes doing tallies on Sundays a misery! Please complain... I have sent in a message to the MFP help several times, and all they do is tell me they are aware of the problem. Maybe if more people complain they might fix it!
  • jugar
    Options
    I have been trying to distill an answer to the What is different this time question!

Like most of us, I tried a million different ways to lose some weight, and either failed, or succeeded only to regain that weight and more. To finally reach and stay at goal took considerable determination, but especially experimentation and stubbornness. A friend (a good friend!) told me at one point that I complained about my weight and how it made me feel, but I didn't do anything about it. That was a good wake up. She is still my friend - because she was right! So gradually, I added one thing I could keep on doing at a time. And when I could not maintain something, either it was time to change it a bit, or it was not the right thing. This was especially important with food. They way I eat has changed quite a lot - and I really do not miss the things I eat much less now. But it took time to get there.

Don't forget the cumulative effect. I started exercising with a 12 week program I could do from home because I was too embarrassed to go to a gym. That felt pretty good. Then I made myself go to the gym at work where there were wonderful trainers. I saw a trainer once a month to keep my program fresh, made sure there were "at home", "travelling" and "here in the gym" versions so there were no excuses. I got to love feeling stronger and understanding how the muscles worked. Same with food - the more I found out how to eat so that I was feeling good and losing weight, the more I wanted to stick with it. Restrictive diets that gave fast results had tempted me in the past, but slowly I have figured out what works best for me, and it is usually easy to stick to it. Eight full years this month!

But having ONE group like this one is the secret sauce!
  • micki48
    Options
    jugar wrote: »

The search function in groups is COMPLETELY disabled. I don't know why, but it makes doing tallies on Sundays a misery! Please complain... I have sent in a message to the MFP help several times, and all they do is tell me they are aware of the problem. Maybe if more people complain they might fix it!

Glad to hear that. I thought I was losing my mind. I kept trying and figured I forgot how to do it. I will send a complaint. Thanks for letting me know.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    @BaileyCat88 What is your daily goal? I feel like you gave it to me, but I can't find it and you had an amazing week.

@jugar I just added ^^^ Not sure the formula is in the cells. I added the total by "hand". It did include her total in the weekly group total, but could you check to see that they are in their for the future? I really need to learn how to do that.

@evangsimmons170 I looked everywhere but could not find two of your days this past week. I'm sorry.

@micki48 I don't know which 2 days you couldn't find, so here's the whole week:

l8d8mddzjplp.png
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Well even though I didn't exercise yesterday morning, I still met my goals, it was just a very busy evening...

Steps for 9/8 = 10,412 + 30 min of Firm 30

So far, I have earned $15.00 towards my goal of $50.00, so that is right on track.

I think I might need to buy a new fitbit, mine isn't holding a charge... :(

Have a great day !
  • jugar
    Options
    CW 237.4
    PW 237.8
    LTD 6.6

I knew last week's loss was too good to be true! Lol it doesn't help that I also had takeout last night so the water retention probably had an effect. No biggie, its still a green week and this is a marathon, not a sprint. I've learned to stop eating larger portions than I should and this week I will work on meal prepping since I finally have some time off.

I know I haven't shared much with the group so far as I've been working too much to do more than glance at my phone, but I've been reading all the posts and everyone is so inspiring. I hope to join in on more of the steps and workout challenges as time goes on.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

(I almost hit the Done button!!!)

Courtney

Not the dreaded done button!!! And congrats on a second green week. It is especially hard after a big loss week - I have seen hundreds of "bounce backs" after one of those, so hats off to you!
This discussion has been closed.