Share your Numbers

Replies

• Rashel_kitten
    Rashel_kitten Posts: 81 Member
    rockconner wrote: »
    Hi Rashel here im not new to MFP but im new to this group and i really need some accountability so i dont fall off the waggon or just quit when i hit that dreaded plateau i know is coming eventually. I started back on MFP on August 11th at my all time highest weight of 290.0 pounds. As of today (September 5th) I'm at 276.4 and I know im at the point where it will and should begin to slow down and im so scared it will stop and ill completely loose my motivation and i dont want that ! I want to be back under 200lbs not at 300 !

My weight loss slowed from the amazing first few weeks but remained at a pace to keep me encouraged. You can do this!

I wrote down my 3 biggest motivations for losing weight & refer to them when I get discouraged. Maybe that would help you, too.

I love that idea im going to add this to my planner tonight ! And as far as it staying steady but slow thats all im asking ! I just remember the last time i did this i hit a plateau for 6 weeks ! I gave up and im just now coming back and it's been years ! I dont want a repeat ! So i love your idea for motivation and i will definitely add it to my planner !
  • _inHisGrace
    _inHisGrace Posts: 183 Member
    Guys, I'm so excited! I weighed myself this morning cuz I was curious (I'm kinda bad at doing it every day even though I said I wanted to :p I tend to forget!) And I'm finally below 350! As of this morning, I'm at 348.6! And my BMI is getting so close to going below 50, eee! I mean, I still have a ways to go, it's at about 51.5. but, considering it was 58.5 at the beginning of June, I'll take it :p
    Way to go!!!
  • alligatorob
    alligatorob Posts: 736 Member
    Guys, I'm so excited! I weighed myself this morning ...I'm finally below 350! As of this morning, I'm at 348.6! And my BMI is getting so close to going below 50, eee!
    Good for you!! You have every reason to be excited, and us for you. Keep up the good work.

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I am disappointed that I am going into my next break (start tomorrow) still on the north side of 200 even though my numbers say I could be under. I am way overdue for this break and I REALLY feel it this time. Sometimes it seems like a unwanted interruption and sometimes it feels like a necessity. I have been holding out to take it because we are going away. I am starting to realize that trying to force the breaks to coincide with life events is not a great idea.

Since we are travelling my vacation rules will kick in. So I will be:

1) Making sure that I eat something lower calorie like fruits and vegetables before eating something caloric.

2) Making sure that all calories are worth it.

3) Move more as much as possible.

4) Enjoying myself.

You are still amazing!...enjoy your break....we will all be here, hopefully thinner!...when you return and tell us all of your adventures!
  • eliezalot
    eliezalot Posts: 620 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I am disappointed that I am going into my next break (start tomorrow) still on the north side of 200 even though my numbers say I could be under. I am way overdue for this break and I REALLY feel it this time. Sometimes it seems like a unwanted interruption and sometimes it feels like a necessity. I have been holding out to take it because we are going away. I am starting to realize that trying to force the breaks to coincide with life events is not a great idea.

Since we are travelling my vacation rules will kick in. So I will be:

1) Making sure that I eat something lower calorie like fruits and vegetables before eating something caloric.

2) Making sure that all calories are worth it.

3) Move more as much as possible.

4) Enjoying myself.

Enjoy your trip, enjoy the food, and enjoy the activities! I hope you get to relax and disconnect.
  • _inHisGrace
    Age 45 Height 5’1
    Weight:
    Beginning 307.8 lbs
    Today 304
    Long term goal 125
    Total loss needed 182

I can’t think about the 182. I need to focus on one day at a time. If I look at the total loss needed too long I will get overwhelmed and give up.
    SW: 307.8 lbs
    CW: 300.4
    GW: 125

I’m weighing every two days but plan to only updated here on Mondays.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    @_inHisGrace

You've made great progress! the 200's are almost there; that's a great feeling when that first number changes from a 3 to a 2.

I must be a terrible judge of age; I'd have never guessed you were 45 from your picture - I would have thought much younger! And I would never have guessed @conniewilkins56 was her age, either - I would have sworn she was at least 10 years younger :smiley:
  • ntw250
    ntw250 Posts: 15 Member
    Age 50
    Height 6'1"
    Beginning 336
    Current 323.8
    Goal 250
    Medium Goal - Get under 300
    This weeks goal - close in on 320

I weight every day and track my food 9/10
    Currently walking 2 miles in the morning, 2 miles at lunch and eith another 2 in the evening or 5 miles on the bike

I'm and all or nothing dieter.......lol
  • _inHisGrace
    @_inHisGrace

You've made great progress! the 200's are almost there; that's a great feeling when that first number changes from a 3 to a 2.

I must be a terrible judge of age; I'd have never guessed you were 45 from your picture - I would have thought much younger! And I would never have guessed @conniewilkins56 was her age, either - I would have sworn she was at least 10 years younger :smiley:

Oh my gosh, thank you! I really appreciate the compliment. That pic was taken last year when I was 220.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    @_inHisGrace

I am not good with guessing ages either...I would have said InHisGrace was early 30s and you look younger than your age too, Bridget!...now as for myself, my daughter told someone she couldn’t remember how old I am because I lie so much about it!...lol...some days I feel 80 but others I feel like I am still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up!...
  • ZhivagosGirl
    ZhivagosGirl Posts: 161 Member
    Weigh-in Day...

Height: 5'10"
    Starting weight 9/1/20: 324.1
    Goal weight - under 200 (-125 lbs)
    Weight as of today 9/15/20: 316.4
    Sept 1-8: 320.3 (3.8 lbs)
    Sept 9-15 316.4 (3.9 lbs)
    Total Weight Loss: 7.7 lbs

@_inHisGrace I'm not far behind you, we'll get there together!
  • _inHisGrace
    Yes @ZhivagosGirl we've got this! Great job!
  • alanmcj68
    alanmcj68 Posts: 68 Member
    Height : 5'11"
    Starting weight : 07/28/2020 : 308.4lbs
    Current weight : 286.2 lbs
    Goal Weight : 200lbs ish
    Total weight loss up to today : 22.2 lbs

Average loss of 3.04lbs per week

• speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »

--if you end up feeling hungrier than expected when you start eating more normally: DO NOT DESPAIR. even if it leads to slow regain. This is where the fight will have to happen and where you will have to fight both psychology and physiology. It is common for hunger to increase substantially after weight loss. Disproportionately. And when eating at maintenance it will quite probably hit you. This is NORMAL. It is not a failing. You may be looking at more than a year of having to battle this even with a small level of regain depending on how low in terms of fat levels you've ended up at your current 158 lbs. BUT THERE IS HOPE! Maintaining for 2+ years is the biggest indication bar none in terms of successfully continuing to maintain. (obviously if none of this happens to you YEAH, bob's your uncle and you're home free---but having extra hormonally induced hunger levels at the end of weight loss is not exactly unheard off)

PAV8888 - Thank you! I needed to hear this. I've been struggling with changing the mindset to maintenance too. Fighting increased hunger despite increased calories and learning that its a victory when the scale doesn't go lower. I'm so used to dieting. I'm so used to leaving calories on the table in my diary. Maintenance is definitely a mind shift.

• bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    speyerj wrote: »
    PAV8888 wrote: »

--if you end up feeling hungrier than expected when you start eating more normally: DO NOT DESPAIR. even if it leads to slow regain. This is where the fight will have to happen and where you will have to fight both psychology and physiology. It is common for hunger to increase substantially after weight loss. Disproportionately. And when eating at maintenance it will quite probably hit you. This is NORMAL. It is not a failing. You may be looking at more than a year of having to battle this even with a small level of regain depending on how low in terms of fat levels you've ended up at your current 158 lbs. BUT THERE IS HOPE! Maintaining for 2+ years is the biggest indication bar none in terms of successfully continuing to maintain. (obviously if none of this happens to you YEAH, bob's your uncle and you're home free---but having extra hormonally induced hunger levels at the end of weight loss is not exactly unheard off)

PAV8888 - Thank you! I needed to hear this. I've been struggling with changing the mindset to maintenance too. Fighting increased hunger despite increased calories and learning that its a victory when the scale doesn't go lower. I'm so used to dieting. I'm so used to leaving calories on the table in my diary. Maintenance is definitely a mind shift.

@PAV8888

Just out of curiosity: would that disproportionate hunger hit while still in deficit if you've lost a lot of weight and been at it for several months to 1 year+? I just wonder if that could be a part of past plateaus/stalls - if in addition to diet fatigue, the large amount of weight loss also triggers that hunger brain I'm always complaining about to be even more aggressive than normal?
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,547 Member
    edited September 2020
    Yup! 😘

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27804272/

The "easy version" of the above (converted to actionable advice) sounds remarkably CLOSE to what I advocate: it's the **long term sustainable process** that should eventually lead to the results that we actually want that we want to try and nail---not fixate on the results directly!

It can be found near the end of this "interview": https://www.nutritionaction.com/daily/diet-and-weight-loss/a-leading-researcher-explains-the-obesity-epidemic/

On the good news side, the anecdotal evidence is that as long as things have not been too extreme after a long enough time at maintenance things tend to normalize.

I was definitely way more hungry and fixated on food at the tail end of faster weight loss 5 years ago, and had I not been pushing for continued slow loss over the next year I would have been much more likely to have rebounded. It took 2+ years post faster weight loss for things to start feeling easier.... Easier enough that I stopped looking at my data on a monthly basis (or even at all) unless I wanted to write a post about something!!! 😹

Btw, I am NOT confirming the calories per lb he discusses. In my experience the effect was, I would argue, smaller. It could, of course, be luck of the draw, but in general, I've proven quite... average!!!