Step It Up! September 2020

Options

Replies

• elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Holding my own with steps and increased activity for a few days now.

Food is...as always...a challenge. I think my thinking on this matter of good or bad days is counter-productive. I may try to reframe it as a wider range for success, so I'm not constantly judging my self as failing if i dont meet everything perfectly.
    Some days are better than others foodwise, but only a few are real full on binges...so I need to be clear with myself about that. I always want the immediate success, the fast loss...and for the moment that doesn't appear to be on my body's agenda.
    Slow and steady wins the race??
    We'll see.
    Have fun, my fitness pals. In these times...we sure need to!
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    9/21
    Close watch rings ✅ strength day with 12k steps.
    Calorie goal ✅finally in a deficit. One day down, many more to go!

@baconslave these boys have got to get with the program!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    9/21:
    Food logged, calories on point, protein 136g, carbs 111g net.
    Exercise - rode 17.4 miles in the morning, finished the day with 7900 steps.
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Good morning
    Waiting for "Teddy" to arrive, so far its a bit windy and a bit of rain but nothing much. Suppose to get worse. Did an awesome hard workout this morning, we have the Body Beast DVD so I did a leg workout. Phew, I'll feel it tomorrow.

Yesterday did pretty good with food but no workout. Very busy day at work yesterday so didn't get a lot of time to drink water and run to the bathroom. :p Going to work on water today!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    Options
    9/22:
    logged and on-plan: :innocent:
    exercise: lengthy yard stomp :innocent:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,446 Member
    Options
    9/21-9/22 Goals met ... :)
  • elize7
    Options
    Double steps done. May do more...I don't know.
  • taylok23
    taylok23 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    9/22
    Close watch rings 😁 with 19k steps for the day.
    Calorie goal- should have still been a little in a deficit if not exactly where I would prefer to be. Was still hungry after dinner so I had more protein and ate a few bad carbs to get it out of the house. Not a bad day overall but I do see a pattern of overeating at night when I don’t eat enough at lunch.
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    9/22:
    Logged all the food, protein 121g, carbs 116g net
    Exercise - sloth day... really busy day at work and basically spent the day glued to my desk. only got 2k steps for the day.
  • baconslave
    Options
    9/23:
    logged and on-plan: :innocent:
    exercise: :innocent: strength
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    9/23 goals met and I had a NSV today ... I was able to do my Leslie Sansone walking to the party hit that feature HIIT dvd without stopping and I also did my tone up on broadway dvd shoulders hurt :)
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,587 Member
    Options
    Writing down a list of things I've been using as excuses then attaching ways to resolve them one by one. Some are a cascade effect. Example-not walking-fitbit battery is dead-adding battery to grocery list so I can remove this excuse (doing this one as a type).

Part of this is my OCD, part is needing to earn wellness credits for work to make my insurance premiums less next year. I was reluctant to do some of the wellness activities because I didn't want to have to log things twice, here and on my work site. Found out today I can (and did) link MFP to work work site eliminating double tracking.

Sometimes I just need a good kick in the pants to get things done.

@baconslave how is your daughter feeling?
  • baconslave
    Options
    Writing down a list of things I've been using as excuses then attaching ways to resolve them one by one. Some are a cascade effect. Example-not walking-fitbit battery is dead-adding battery to grocery list so I can remove this excuse (doing this one as a type).

Part of this is my OCD, part is needing to earn wellness credits for work to make my insurance premiums less next year. I was reluctant to do some of the wellness activities because I didn't want to have to log things twice, here and on my work site. Found out today I can (and did) link MFP to work work site eliminating double tracking.

Sometimes I just need a good kick in the pants to get things done.

@baconslave how is your daughter feeling?

Great ideas. A lot of success in weightloss/maintenance is about figuring out how to out-smart ourselves.

How is my daughter feeling? Which one. :lol: I'm guessing you mean the one who was sick. She's doing really well. The COVID test came up negative last month. She was sick for about 2 weeks, but after that she improved quickly and is doing great now. My oldest is struggling with all online classes at her University and some of them are a lot of work, but she has made a couple friends in one class over Zoom and she seems to feel good about it all despite being locked up in the house. Of course her mean little devil comes out sometimes and she provokes war with the others. :unamused:
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    9/24 Goals met ..... Woke up at 5:45am to get an early workout in which I just got done ...off to take a shower then to my podiatrist appt ... it is gonna feel good to tell him I am finally pain free (3 different times I fractured my feet surgery on one of them where he put a screw in it ) and that I will call him when I need him ..hopefully I won't need him ...Have a great day everyone :)
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    9/23:
    Logged all the foods, protein at 185g, carbs at 86g net.
    Exercise - had a morning ride on the bike for 19.7 miles, finished the day with 9300 steps. I like to log the animals that I see while I ride - being in town, I don't get to see big animals (besides some large dogs) but yesterday I saw a possum and today I saw an armadillo while riding, along with numerous squirrels and rabbits that I scare along the path.
  • elize7
    Options
    So far, pretty close to a mile of steps again for day 2 of this streak!!!!
    Food not as great, but not horrible.
    Reading is taking over TV as my primary in- home pandemic activity, and so I'm getting a good dose of Martha Grimes mysteries for now.
    Another good day in my world, pals!
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Trying to decide between a run or a strength workout. I haven't run in a couple of weeks so maybe I will get out and do that.
    Was a bit over in my calories (as usual) but my macros were good. 24 net carbs. Does anyone else here test ketones? I have bought the urine strips but they never show anything, I know they aren't as good as the breath or blood testers.
    Also had some wine last night.
    Got some fresh haddock delivered to my door yesterday (I have a fisherman! :D ) so that will be supper tonight.
  • ccrdragon
    Options
    9/24:
    Logged all the food, calories a little high, protein 168g, carbs 90g net
    Exercise - morning bike ride for 20.2 miles, finished the day with 9300 steps.