Waist Aways - September 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Terytha wrote: »
    And now that I've been out shopping and returned, an NSV: size 10 jeans!!

I did it, I achieved a smaller pant size than I was able to wear even as a teen.

Even better, the jeans were 50% off. XD

I am absolutely in awe at your losses! You're a real inspiration!
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    @jugar excuse my ignorance but what is TRX?
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,136 Member
    Options
    Pearl4686 wrote: »
    @jugar excuse my ignorance but what is TRX?

It's a cool exercise gadget that is basically 2 straps with handles on the ends hanging down from the ceiling (or a door). You get to look silly like this -
    ksgepb7vts95.png

Or fabulous like this -
    bppl9wmiz53v.png

It was invented by some pumped up military guy so that the troops would not get out of shape when out somewhere with no equipment. Luckily, it is really easy to adjust the difficulty down to normal mortals level!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @Terytha that is so awesome - what a great feeling in the new jeans I'll bet.
    @jugar oh, that's a beautiful view - and I'll bet it's quiet too, only birds and wind...I yearn for quiet.
    I'm battling the demons tonight but chose lemonade over wine and a satisfying quinoa bowl over potato chips. Now I'd best run to bed before the demons keep whispering in my ears....
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,068 Member
    Options
    Steps and Exercise update 25th September

Steps - 3872
    Exercise - 20 mins Step & 20 mins Yoga
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    @SMcFall0215 oh my gosh!!! Congrats on the job, but the car accident SUCKS! Thank goodness no one was hurt but that is such a drag.

@micki48 steps for me thus far this week: (I'll report saturday's tomorrow since the day is not done here and I might get a few more)

at39rske02k8.png
  • jugar
    Options
    Two more weigh-ins needed to complete week 4!
    @evangsimmons170
    @Steph1498

I hope all is well Rhonda and Steph - if you can, post those weigh-ins by 8 am tomorrow Eastern time. Thanks!
  • jugar
    Options
    Oh! I forgot to add,

It is time to sign up new people for our October challenge. It begins a week from tomorrow on October 4th. Anyone you know who might be interested should just sign up at
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10811137/registration-for-new-members-october-2020#latest

Spread the word! Feel free to share that link with anyone on MFP if you are posting on message boards (or anywhere else) and people are looking for support and accountability. Thanks!
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    @SMcFall0215 Yikes! So glad you and the others were not injured! A reminder that life can change in an instant!

@Terytha How great that must feel!!

@jugar Thanks for sharing your beautiful corner of the planet.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,068 Member
    Options
    Sunday weigh in

PW - 184.9
    CW - 183.4

Steps for 26th September - 2725 and no exercise

Happy Sunday everyone!
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @SMcFall0215 congratulations on the job! But, the car wreck, wow. I am glad everyone is safe.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @micki48 my step goal is 10,000
    Steps
    Sun 16,217
    Mon 15,637
    Tues 13,799
    Wed 7,986
    Thurs 11,676
    Fri 11,669
    Sat 16,539

Workout
    Sat-60 min strength

I have been walking more but working out less.
  • jugar
    Options
    Good morning oh Waisted Ones!

We had a good week - coming in as #2 behind the awesome Team WeightNoMore. All three of our top losers placed in the top 4! Congrats @KellyBgetsfit @Kali225 and @Terytha :heart: Rock those tiaras today!

I'm off to warm up and finish my coffee...
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    @micki48 my steps for the week (goal is 5,000):

9/20: 3,960
    9/21: 13,273⭐
    9/22: 5,395⭐
    9/23: 5,273⭐
    9/24: 6,046⭐
    9/25: 6,978⭐
    9/26: 9,484⭐

Haven't had this many steps in 1 week since May, I definitely felt more inspired and motivated to move 😊

Yesterday I went with friends to the Great Lakes Crossing Outlets and managed to walk out with only 4 shopping bags lol. We also had yummy dinner at a bistro, I had a mushroom & steak tips appetizer with Burrata caprese. Oh it was so good and much healthier than the burgers and fries my companions were eating 😂. Admittedly I did enjoy 2 cocktails, so I will be drinking a lot of water today and tomorrow. Things at work and home have been challenging and I'm glad to have been able to get away for a day.

It sounds like a lot of us have been having a tough time, whether with food choices or health battles or stress and anxiety. If nothing else we are blessed to have this group that we can share our struggles with.

Also congrats to our team for progress made! Especially @KellyBgetsfit, I know you've been having a battle with the scale lately. Yay for a week won!

As for goals to finish up the year... Honestly I need to not gain weight over the holidays. I struggle from November to January every year and reallllllly don't want that again.

• CanadianGiraffe
    Options
    jguldi11 wrote: »
    If nothing else we are blessed to have this group that we can share our struggles with.
    So right you are!

• CanadianGiraffe
    Options
    @KellyBgetsfit
    @Kali225
    @Terytha

Well done, ladies!
This discussion has been closed.