Downsizers - September 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Question
    Have you tried any new recipes lately? Tell us about it.

Autumn sausage casserole. It has a wonderful smell that reminds me of Thanksgiving
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily post September 30
    Tracked Yes
    Under calorie Yes
    Water 80 oz
    Steps 7421

The pumpkin patch was a lot of fun. We stayed for over 5 hours and the only time I sat down was to eat lunch haha. Some of that of course was standing and watching my kids do things so my steps don't quite reflect the exhausting day I had but that's ok. Did well food wise. I did buy some kettle corn on our way out because my son asked me to so I had some of that. I measured out a serving into a bowl for myself and logged it so I'm not upset.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,435 Member
    Options
    Where is everyone from

Born in Alberta Canada but have lived in California most of my life
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 I put my Fitbit on walk today ....just shy of 4 miles today ... 96 minutes and 523 calories burn ... we didn't go as far today due to my daughter having math class at 9am ... so the walk tab gives less calories than the workout one so I will be using the walk one from now on ... maybe that is why I have gained a few lbs ...I am not going to let it frustrate me like it has in the past :)
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Weigh Day Thursday:
    CW: 250.6
    PW: 251.4
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Steps 9/30: 11,592
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Question

So I have to admit that the monotony of Covid cooking has me eating the same stuff day in and day out... mostly cooking different (unhealthy) things for my kids, which I cannot eat (although last night I stole some of their nachos. UGH :s ). Over the summer my husband grilled a lot, so that helps. I really need to start thinking about making some healthier meals now...especially crockpot cooking since it's getting cooler here.
    Where is everyone from

Hi Darleen. I am from the USA in the northeast state of New Hampshire, about an hour drive north of Boston.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Steps 9/30: 14,287
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    lindamtuck2018 wrote: »
    Question

I have been obsessed with skinnytaste website and cookbooks for years. She just came out with a new cookbook for meal prep two weeks ago that I have started trying things.

Yesterday made BBQ brisket in the crockpot and today for a snack just baked healthy Pb & J oatmeal cookies.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited October 2020
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    lindamtuck2018 wrote: »
    Question

I have been obsessed with skinnytaste website and cookbooks for years. She just came out with a new cookbook for meal prep two weeks ago that I have started trying things.

Yesterday made BBQ brisket in the crockpot and today for a snack just baked healthy Pb & J oatmeal cookies.

Sounds delish ... I just went to her website ..been awhile since I have had her recipes ...interested in trying her air fryer hard boiled eggs :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,554 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Question

Autumn sausage casserole. It has a wonderful smell that reminds me of Thanksgiving

Would you be able to post the recipe?

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily post September 30
    Tracked Yes
    Under calorie Yes
    Water 80 oz
    Steps 7421

The pumpkin patch was a lot of fun. We stayed for over 5 hours and the only time I sat down was to eat lunch haha. Some of that of course was standing and watching my kids do things so my steps don't quite reflect the exhausting day I had but that's ok. Did well food wise. I did buy some kettle corn on our way out because my son asked me to so I had some of that. I measured out a serving into a bowl for myself and logged it so I'm not upset.

Great job on pre measuring your kettle corn. It is so easy to eat extra if you don’t.

@lindamtuck2018 I put my Fitbit on walk today ....just shy of 4 miles today ... 96 minutes and 523 calories burn ... we didn't go as far today due to my daughter having math class at 9am ... so the walk tab gives less calories than the workout one so I will be using the walk one from now on ... maybe that is why I have gained a few lbs ...I am not going to let it frustrate me like it has in the past :)

Nice walking! Don’t let it frustrate you.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Question

I made One pot lemon garlic cream ravioli and shrimp. I found it on Pinterest and it had some adjustments to lighten it up. It had a few more calories than I would like for one meal but it was delicious.

This question has given me lots of new ideas for meals. Thanks all!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Question

Would you be able to post the recipe?

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily post September 30
    Tracked Yes
    Under calorie Yes
    Water 80 oz
    Steps 7421

Great job on pre measuring your kettle corn. It is so easy to eat extra if you don’t.

Nice walking! Don’t let it frustrate you.

Thanks Linda ..I will not let it frustrate me :)
  • Case0099
    Case0099 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    9/30 steps: 11,061
  • Kitty2Katz
    Kitty2Katz Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    9/30: Steps 2,200

Goals:
    1) 30 minutes of Aerobics or Zumba (some kind of cardio) Yes
    2) Clean apartment & laundry. Yes
    3) Drink 72 oz of water. Yes

• azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I am having a crap day and came hear to vent instead of eat. I forgot to weigh-in this morning so I am not sure if I am heading down or not. I guess I will find out tomorrow for my official weigh-in. Work was crap today. I was volun-told that I will need to be a scribe during my hospital's certification survey which will be 4 days standing and going from unit to unit in the hospital while writing down everything the surveyor sees and says. Then reporting out to administration at the end of each day. The days will be at least 10 hours long. I am not happy about this one bit.

In order to reset, I am listing my goals to take me through the end on the year:

1. Lose 12-lbs ... just 1-lb a week. With the holidays close, I need to keep it realistic.
    2. To start couch 2 5K when weather cools down a bit.
    3. Drink at least 80 oz/ day. This is not yet hardwired.
    4. Keep closing those rings each day and increase my step goal by 500 steps each month.
  • azkunk
    Options
    9/30 steps: 8025
  • azkunk
    Options
    Where is everyone from

I am in the U.S. and I’m originally from Philadelphia, PA. I have been living near Phoenix, AZ for the past 13 years. Temps here are still in the 104-105* range during the day but looks like we’ll be in the 90s next week. I am so over the heat this summer and looking forward to enjoying being outdoors again.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    I am having a crap day and came hear to vent instead of eat. I forgot to weigh-in this morning so I am not sure if I am heading down or not. I guess I will find out tomorrow for my official weigh-in. Work was crap today. I was volun-told that I will need to be a scribe during my hospital's certification survey which will be 4 days standing and going from unit to unit in the hospital while writing down everything the surveyor sees and says. Then reporting out to administration at the end of each day. The days will be at least 10 hours long. I am not happy about this one bit.

In order to reset, I am listing my goals to take me through the end on the year:

1. Lose 12-lbs ... just 1-lb a week. With the holidays close, I need to keep it realistic.
    2. To start couch 2 5K when weather cools down a bit.
    3. Drink at least 80 oz/ day. This is not yet hardwired.
    4. Keep closing those rings each day and increase my step goal by 500 steps each month.

sorry you are having a crap day at work today .....Great goals though :)
This discussion has been closed.