Mission Slimpossible - October 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @adhmrh Nice loss! And way to go, staying within your goals even with a birthday celebration in the house! 4 days of exercise is great, too!!! :)

@gwamajtw91 Happy belated anniversary!

@TeresaW1020 I think that's wise to stay home and rest up. Take care of yourself!

@TwistedSassette I hate the time change, too! I hope you can adjust soon. I struggle and complain about it every year. I wish it would just go away lol.

@emj90210 Congrats on the loss, fabulous!

Hello everyone! I'm going on day 11 of meditating and I really feel like it's making a difference in my mood. I feel like I'm calmer and more centered. I hope it's helping me make better food decisions, too. I'm doing a Mindful Eating meditation course on Headspace. Have a great day!

Tuesday:
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    - track 90% of food intake - 100% accomplished
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night - not accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 50% accomplished
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day - 100% accomplished
    - get up from my desk every hour and stretch - 75% accomplished
    - put my utensil down between bites (CARRYOVER GOAL) - 50% accomplished
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything (CARRYOVER GOAL) - 100% accomplished
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal (CARRYOVER GOAL) - 50% accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
    - get up from my desk every hour and stretch
    - put my utensil down between bites (CARRYOVER GOAL)
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything (CARRYOVER GOAL)
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal (CARRYOVER GOAL)
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    @emj90210 Great loss!! Keep up what you're doing, it must be working!

@trooworld Thanks for sharing the meditation program you're using. I have been thinking about getting into meditation for a while now, as I do struggle to get out of my own head sometimes. Maybe that's a good place to start.

@GabiV125 Congrats on maintaining this week :smile:

@buniphuphu I think we all have dirty little secrets sometimes! But it's good that you recognise how the Sausage McMuffins make you feel - I think that's the first step in making better choices down the line. Maybe next time the memory of that feeling might be enough to deter you!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Your meal looks delicious! I'm not sure I would eat the skin, but it sure looks pretty with it on!!

@miriammuhindi I'm glad you're finding some good support in this group. But I do hope that you are eating some carbs, our bodies do need it for fuel :smile:

It's Thursday morning here in Australia, and my last day of work this week (thankfully!). Last night I jumped on my stationary bike for 20 mins, and then played Beat Saber for 10 mins or so - it's really fun and does get the heart rate up! So that was better than doing nothing. I'm coming down with a cold, I think, so I had to really drag myself off to do it, but once I started it wasn't so bad. I'm looking forward to a good sleep in tomorrow!

My aims for today are to do 20 mins of exercise, and reduce the portion size of a meal (I think they're creeping up again).

100 DAY CHALLENGE GOALS
    Day 15: Wednesday 7 October
    1. Log calories eaten: Yes - 8/15
    2. 20 mins exercise: Yes - 6/15
    3. Record a calorie deficit: Yes - 7/15
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @emj90210 Nice loss! That's a great difference for cutting sugar!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Delicata is really good, isn't it, beautiful presentation! I like it with maple syrup. Lately I've been having kabocha, sweet potato, and butternut squash with a medium-hot chili powder blend I have, a bit of cinnamon, and maple or honey if I'm letting myself eat it. I hate food waste too!

@miriammuhindi You can do it! I started at 222, just a couple pounds more than you. I'm a little over maintenance these days but can tell you how awesome it feels to buy new clothes and to get in the 100s.

@TwistedSassette Great workout! I hope you're feeling better when you wake up!

@Firefly743 I was sure I was only going to get like 200 steps on my Fitbit when I first got it. My exercise was biking and the stair treadmill and those don't log until you put it on your ankle. I'm sorry work has been so crazy. Way to go on fast food, it's weird not eating it then all the sudden you'll learn to make healthier versions that are way better than what you used to get! I never thought I wouldn't want McDonald's fries with a milkshake to dip them in!

@bethanie0825 Glad you're back and kicking butt on WW!

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check-in
    Calories- way over!
    Exercise- arm cardio, arm resistance bands, yoga, stretching, some dance
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    @buniphuphu
    I love the idea you are using the pool for ALL your exercise! Keep it up!

@gwamajtw91
    Hurray to powering up using the Habit Tracker. I got started on that yesterday and was so happy to get it going.
    I love all your actions. And for sure food logging and water and exercise are going to help you get that vacation weight back off!

I love reading all the actions people are taking. It's inspiring.

@trooworld
    My husband has a Headspace subscription. I wonder if he will let me try out one of those Mindful Eating sessions you mention. It sounds great!

Hurray to Halloween decorations! And I'll watch to see what you have to say about the Amazon Band. I just looked it up as I am out of it and had not heard about it. Some aspects look great. Mood tracking was a surprise. I'll be interested to hear if that is useful!

On a somewhat related note -- I have gotten my little group of algebra students excited about math problems that involve Halloween. So I stayed up WAY too late writing up special bonus problems that will hopefully make them laugh!

@GabiV125
    Boy, did I derail yesterday... and I only started with a bite, a tiny taste after I declared to be done for the day. Took me an hour to put the spoon down. I’m not proud, but I’m not ashamed either. It happened and now I am simply dusting myself and go back at it, since it’s a brand new day.
    This is SO INSPIRING!
    And wow, I so feel you about how one bit can lead to... an hour of snacking. Dusting yourself off and getting back to work is so great!

(My sister and were laughing a while back about *not* making gooey butter cake because it has that "hour of snacking" effect on both of us, and on everyone in the house. It's so easy to come by and just even up the messy line where the last piece got cut. And once you start on that cake, it's scarily easy to keep going until you have eaten way to much of it.)

Wednesday Check-in
    🟢Food on plan weighed & logged
    🟢Calories in the "Green"
    🟢Workout: 45 min+/6 days-wk
    🟢Over 10K steps
    🟢Only the one planned snack, no trigger foods

Thursday Plans
    Food on plan weighed & logged
    Calories in the "Green"
    Workout: 45 min+/6 days-wk
    Over 10K steps
    Only the one planned snack, no trigger foods
    OTHER STUFF:
    - Work on my planner
    - Get to bed by 11
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    mss9675 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm Mauli and I live in Chicago, Illinois. I am new to this challenge and I have been put in this team. I've been struggling with my weight. I am doing good through out the day but come evening I start to over eat. I am hoping with joining the challenge I stay in top of it and reach my goal before Thanksgiving!!

Welcome! We are glad you are here! We hope the group conversation and some of the tools like the group Habit Tracker can help you reach that goal!
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    @buniphuphu I do a similar thing where I work. My Fitbit reminds me at 50 minutes past the hour that I haven't moved from my desk, and it is exactly 250 steps out and around our office building, so that's what I do!! It works perfectly (except for when it's raining :D )
This discussion has been closed.