Mission Slimpossible - October 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Firefly743
    Firefly743 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 OK I have to ask, it’s killing me....what is “DH”??? I’m trying to figure it out and all I’m coming up with is dead husband. Ugh. But I don’t think you’d be looking forward to spending the day in Atlanta with him if that were the case. Seriously what is DH - I’m sure it’s really obvious. Also I’m glad you are doing ok after the extraction. I’ve had one and it was what nightmares are made of. And you really tried on all of your clothes?! That is exhausting!!!!! You could count that as exercise I’m sure. Good for you for doing such a huge purge!!!!!
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    adhmrh wrote: »
    @gwamajtw91 that is awesome after returning from vacation.

@AustinRuadhain I bet your students love you!!

@emj90210 Great weight loss! WTG!!!

@TeresaW1020 I sure hope you are feeling some better today!!!

@trooworld Being calm & centered can be really tough. Enjoy your 4 days off!!

@GabiV125 Some days are tough - but your attitude is awesome!!! It is definitely a brave, new day!!

@buniphuphu I too love the Habit Tracker. It helps motivate me.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Your meal looked amazing, I'm so impressed!!!

@miriammuhindi Awesome goals! Great job today!!

@TwistedSassette Hope you enjoy your Friday!

@Firefly743 Wow - no fast food for 3 months. Thats incredible!! Hope you get some rest soon!!

@bethanie0825 You are doing great - 32 pounds wow!!

@katmary71 You definitely rock the exercise!!

@mss9675 you can do this!!! I struggles with eating in the evening too! Finally decided I would not eat past 7pm. I have a cup of black coffee and water. It took a while, but has helped me so much.

_______

So far this has been a great week. I have stayed on goal. I carb cycle and this week I switched to Premium with MFP. It has helped me so much. It made my life so much easier, I can have different food goals for each day and my food diary relects that. Loving it. Trying really hard to get my exercise in each day also!

Looking forward to the weekend!

How do you like Premium with MFP?
  • CKS0806
    Options
    @adhmrh That is great that you have been doing so well this week! Being able to switch your food goals is a good reason to get the premium plan on MFP. I have thought about it but I’m so sporadic about logging that I feel I would be wasting my money. ;)

@miriammuhindi Sounds like you are having a great day! :)

@trooworld I hope you have a great four days off! You deserve it! <3

@GabiV125 Yup derailing happens to us all. I am very happy to read that you have the right attitude to dust yourself off and get back to what you know works for you. :)

@mss9675 Welcome Mauli! It is great to have you on our team. This is a great community where you will find lots of support in your weight loss journey. Just stay focused and we will all be celebrating you when you reach your goal! B)

Hi everyone! I’m feeling really good after my tooth extraction on Tuesday. I still have some tenderness and a sore jaw but overall, I feel great! Yesterday, I spent several hours in my closet and tried on everything I owned and reorganized for the fall and winter. I happily packed up two big bags of clothes that no longer fit me! I have clothes for the next few months, but I told hubby that when I turn 55 in March, I will be wanting a whole new spring/summer wardrobe in my new smaller size. :grin: To help with my desire to get this weight off I’m tweaking up my fasting hours and what I plan to eat. I’ll write more about it as I go along. Tomorrow, my DH and I are going to spend the day in Atlanta. I am really looking forward to it.

100-Day Challenge Goals: Day 16
    1. Fast clean for 19+ hours, with 2 days at 23+ hours. Fasted 19 hours
    2. Workout six days a week (either BOD program, treadmill, or deep cleaning). I did not do a workout today.
    3. Eat at least 90% on plan, which means mostly low carb with one or two days of high-carbs. I did fair but I did go out to lunch with the staff so of course, that meant too many chips and salsa.
    4. Have quiet time with God through prayer and reading. No, and I really need to start making this a priority!

79v6dc5i8yc5.png

I love the 100 days chart. Where did you downloaded it from?
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    gwamajtw91 wrote: »
    @buniphuphu I do a similar thing where I work. My Fitbit reminds me at 50 minutes past the hour that I haven't moved from my desk, and it is exactly 250 steps out and around our office building, so that's what I do!! It works perfectly (except for when it's raining :D )

I use the reminder when I'm at work to keep me moving at least a little bit if we get busy!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    @mss9675 Welcome to the gang! Nights are tough, if I do my routine of making tea and brushing my teeth that helps a lot. Of course if it's regular tea brush them again before bed! I love your picture!

@AustinRuadhain I saw your name pop up in my feed and here you are, yay! Huge dogpile!!!! I missed you!

Thursday night
    Exercise- arm cardio, stretching, abs, 5 Tibetans, dance
    Calories- under

• CKS0806
    Options
    Katmary71 wrote: »
    @mss9675 Welcome to the gang! Nights are tough, if I do my routine of making tea and brushing my teeth that helps a lot. Of course if it's regular tea brush them again before bed! I love your picture!

@AustinRuadhain I saw your name pop up in my feed and here you are, yay! Huge dogpile!!!! I missed you!

Thursday night
    Exercise- arm cardio, stretching, abs, 5 Tibetans, dance
    Calories- under

Thank you! I am trying not to eat after 4pm from now on. But sometimes I fail so I am trying to be good and so I can reach my goal.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    mss9675 wrote: »
    I love the 100 days chart. Where did you downloaded it from?

I found it somewhere in images and saved it to my computer. You can save this image to your computer or phone. I have it on my desktop and use Paint to size it down and add the hearts. I also printed it out to have a visual right in front of me. :)

oftt5mn3szwd.png

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,884 Member
    Options
    @buniphuphu That's a great idea! Who knew the pool would be such a source of exercise? :)

@AustinRuadhain To give you an idea of what it's like: the guide gives you a helpful suggestion at the beginning and the end of the meditation. I think it's worth checking out. Yeah, so far so good on the Halo. You are clever, involving Halloween and math!!! :)

@adhmrh Indeed! I have gone many years NOT being calm and centered, so it's a striking change. Congrats on a great week! I'm glad MFP Premium is helping you. I hope the weekend is invigorating for you.

@TeresaW1020 Thanks, so far, I'm loving it! I'm glad you are feeling better. Yay for packing up those too big clothes!!! And you deserve a whole new wardrobe. ;)

@gharvey2753 Hi! Welcome. I hope you have a good week.

Hi all! I'm having a fantastic time on my "staycation". I've gotten several annoying phone calls out of the way, chores accomplished, and I'm ready to do some things for ME! Halloween decorations are up, too. :)

Thursday:
    Calories: over/under: under
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    - track 90% of food intake - 100% accomplished
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night - not accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 50% accomplished
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day - 100% accomplished
    - get up from my desk every hour and stretch - 100% accomplished
    - put my utensil down between bites (CARRYOVER GOAL) - 100% accomplished
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything (CARRYOVER GOAL) - 100% accomplished
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal (CARRYOVER GOAL) - not accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
    - get up from my desk every hour and stretch
    - put my utensil down between bites (CARRYOVER GOAL)
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything (CARRYOVER GOAL)
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal (CARRYOVER GOAL)
  • adhmrh
    adhmrh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    @mss9675

“How do you like Premium with MFP?”[/quote]

I love it! Main reason is because my goals are different each day since I carb cycle. It is much simpler for me to track with premium. If my goals were the same daily I’m not sure I would have upgraded. Have a great weekend.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    @adhmrh
    What a great way to use MFP.

@trooworld
    Thank you so much for the staycation updates. What a great day you had, getting so many of your fitness actions checked off! Impressive!

@TeresaW1020
    Hurray! Congratulations on getting to Onederland! And hurray to feeling better after the tooth extraction.
    I hope you are having fun in Atlanta today. It's a great city. I used to live in Huntsville, AL, and was in Atlanta twice a week, so reading that you were going there gave me some nice flashbacks. I just went and looked, and a friend from that class still has a great Thai restaurant, L'Thai, there. Yum!) Anyway, I hope you get to do some of the fun tourist-y things!

@davidji82
    Great weigh-in! Congratulations!

@Katmary71
    Awww! The delight is mutual! I was thrilled to see your name in MY notifications!

@bethanie0825
    @gwamajtw91
    Me too! I have a fitness gadget (Garmin instead of Fitbit) and think that getting reminded to get up and move is one of my favorite features.

@Firefly743
    For what it's worth, I have been reading DH as "Dear Husband." Teresa will confirm, but I think that's it!
    "Dead Husband," though, made me smile. It feels weirdly season-appropriate, as everyone in my neighborhood seems to be doing more Halloween decorating this year.

@miriammuhindi Wow! Great job fasting!

Thursday Check-in
    🟢Food on plan weighed & logged
    🟢Calories in the "Green"
    🟢Workout: 45 min+/6 days-wk
    🟢Over 10K steps (I went way over - yay!)
    🟢Only the one planned snack, no trigger foods
    NOTE: I went shopping yesterday and eyed a not-on-plan treat. And I knew I would check in here and thought about that, and thought "I'll pass for now." So I stayed on plan in the face of the not-on-plan vegan chocolate mint bar and escaped the store with just the things on my list!
    Friday Plans
    Food on plan weighed & logged
    Calories in the "Green"
    Workout: 45 min+/6 days-wk
    Over 10K steps
    Only the one planned snack, no trigger foods
    In bed by 11

BONUS: I started the day with a walk, listening to podcasts. This one was good. It has a few small practical suggestions, and avoids talking about any of them as a magic bullet that will work for everyone.
    https://slate.com/podcasts/how-to/2020/10/how-to-lose-weight-and-keep-it-off

In case anyone else likes this kind of thing -- another podcast I glistened to this morning has me wanting to read a new book called Fiber Fueled. It's a book by Dr. Will Bulsiewicz, a gastroenterologist, on our gut microbiome. For now, I am listening to the author's longer interview on the Rich Roll podcast.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    @buniphuphu- I like the idea of making your own McMuffins. Walmart has turkey sausage patties that are pretty good. A zap in the micro, a muffin in the toaster, melt the cheese and you're done!

@TeresaW1020 Have fun in Atlanta, glad you are feeling better.

Friends, I skipped yesterday for checking in and today there are 37 new posts! You've been busy! I feel like the energy has gone up a notch with all the new members. I like it!
This discussion has been closed.