Weight No More - October 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Wow! Miss a couple of days and miss a lot of posts!

Still stress eating and not getting in enough water and not doing at least upper body workouts like I could be doing.

I gir my ABI test yesterday, the one where they were trying to figure out why my feet have been cold lately. The test was normal so there is no reason why they should be cold. I talked with one if my nurse neighbors and she used the word "idiopathic" just a fancy word for "we don't know why". The doctors office did say if it continues to let them know. Several days they seemed normal so I don't know what's going on.

Last night at work I was on the line I would be in if I go to 1st shift. It went so much better. I was there for 2 different rotations, so a total of 5 hours. I remembered to breathe and didn't think about it so much and I think that helped a lot.

I haven't talked with my boss yet but I do need to. Need to find out what they are thinking for me.
  • kiane50
    kiane50 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm i sure hope you feel better soon. What an awful thing to have to go through. I feel it lurking around every corner as I’m in health care for mental health and substance abuse and we see people every day for labs and meds.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to catch up on posts. I had my neck surgery yesterday morning. I should be getting out of hospital today. I came yesterday at 6am. I woke up from surgery around 12:15 and didn't go back to sleep until 1:30am. Then I was awake at 4. I was hoping with all the drugs they give you I would have a good sleep except for when they would wake me but that didn't happen. One of the nurses said you never be able to guess I just had surgery because i can get up pretty well to go to the bathroom. If they would let me take a walk around the hallway i would. I'm hoping to start walking a little next week. I will definitely be watching my food intake. My sons girlfriend made me a cupcake, she works in a bakery, and i didn't eat it. I only had one meal yesterday and it was healthy. They also send a paper on your tray telling you how many calories your meals are. I am going to order my breakfast soon, I can only eat soft foods so breakfast is easy.
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    KEEP ON KEEPING ON.............................
    jk1wwegh6uc6.png
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    10/08 steps 17003
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    To my Canadian friends: Happy Thanksgiving! The official day is Monday but I read that most families celebrate over the weekend. I hope that with Covid that you all find a way to celebrate.5yxu3s9mi1rl.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the well wishes, everyone! I'm hoping to be completely clear of the virus by next week. Things are looking up.

GingerPwr wrote: »
    Hey sorry! I thought I already did my weigh in for the week.
    Week 1
    PW 139
    CW 139

My new weigh day is Sunday, right?

@GingerPwr - Yep! Your new weigh day is Sunday.

@ljdanny - I hope you have a swift and successful recovery!

@tryingagain5 - Totally with you on the stress-eating. I need to get back on track, so I think I'm going to go back to my rules about snacks: 1.) First time I think about eating a snack, I drink 8 oz. of water, 2.) If I'm still hungry 20 minutes later, I eat something small (around 100 cals), 3.) If I'm hungry 20 minutes after that, I make a larger snack (250 cals or so) - I rarely, if ever, make it past the first snack
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    @debbiewsharpe you’re such an inspiration. You’re always positive. And it’s looks beautiful there. It is getting cold here in Ohio. But the leaves changing is a beautiful site. I think we are in for a very cold winter.
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    @ljdanny. I hope you are home and feeling better soon.

@minstrelofsarcasm glad you were able to get your treatment. I hope you are feeling better soon.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Wow! Miss a couple of days and miss a lot of posts!

Still stress eating and not getting in enough water and not doing at least upper body workouts like I could be doing.

I gir my ABI test yesterday, the one where they were trying to figure out why my feet have been cold lately. The test was normal so there is no reason why they should be cold. I talked with one if my nurse neighbors and she used the word "idiopathic" just a fancy word for "we don't know why". The doctors office did say if it continues to let them know. Several days they seemed normal so I don't know what's going on.

Last night at work I was on the line I would be in if I go to 1st shift. It went so much better. I was there for 2 different rotations, so a total of 5 hours. I remembered to breathe and didn't think about it so much and I think that helped a lot.

I haven't talked with my boss yet but I do need to. Need to find out what they are thinking for me.

Good news, especially about relaxing into the new line. I hope you can move shifts if that's what you want to do. So many health things are 'idiopathic.' At least it's in your file in case it comes back with more clues.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    ljdanny wrote: »
    I'm trying to catch up on posts. I had my neck surgery yesterday morning. I should be getting out of hospital today. I came yesterday at 6am. I woke up from surgery around 12:15 and didn't go back to sleep until 1:30am. Then I was awake at 4. I was hoping with all the drugs they give you I would have a good sleep except for when they would wake me but that didn't happen. One of the nurses said you never be able to guess I just had surgery because i can get up pretty well to go to the bathroom. If they would let me take a walk around the hallway i would. I'm hoping to start walking a little next week. I will definitely be watching my food intake. My sons girlfriend made me a cupcake, she works in a bakery, and i didn't eat it. I only had one meal yesterday and it was healthy. They also send a paper on your tray telling you how many calories your meals are. I am going to order my breakfast soon, I can only eat soft foods so breakfast is easy.

I'm so happy that you're recovering so well, Tracy! Big hugs and congratulations on getting through this stage of it all.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    To my Canadian friends: Happy Thanksgiving! The official day is Monday but I read that most families celebrate over the weekend. I hope that with Covid that you all find a way to celebrate.5yxu3s9mi1rl.png

Thanks, Debbie. Where I live, we are supposed to have Thanksgiving only with those that live within our house. But, since I live alone, I can associate with one other household. So, I'll be going to my son's. My daughter won't be able to join us. In addition, she is having another surgery for her cancer today. She has to do it all on her own. None of us can go into the hospital. I worry all the time but she has a wonderful boyfriend. I think I'll order Thanksgiving dinner to be delivered to them and have a Zoom dinner with the two households.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    Weigh Day
    1theresamcvean
    Weigh-in week: Week 1
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 147.3
    Today's weight: 145.0
    Loss to date: 32.4

A great relief. I lost the weight I gained last week due to stress eating. That was easy. I just logged and ate as normally as possible. I still had some treats. I'm back at my lowest weight so far and am 3 lbs away from goal.

Of course, it's Thanksgiving weekend now. The irony. Surprisingly, turkey and potatoes are quite healthy. On the other hand my stuffing and gravy recipe include butter and my daughter-in-law has learned very well how to make it my way. :wink:

A well, at least I have a new set point.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 132.6
    Today's weight: 132.0
    Weekly Steps: 58,832
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Cafelelia
    Friday
    PW - 144.4
    CW - 144.2
    I will take that maintain. It was a wonky week and I am experimenting eating a few more carbs, with a bit shorter IF. Well, I am so glad that I squeezed in all of those appointments because our city is shutting down again for a “modified phase 2”. This means no restaurants, bars etc. This is hot off the press, so I am still trying to understand what is open and what is not. Schools are remaining open as a priority and we are pleased about that. Just finished up putting away my grocery order. Such a strange & small Thanksgiving, but we will still make it fun for the kids in particular.

@ljdanny - So glad that your surgery went well and wishing you a speedy and painfree recovery!

@debbiewsharpe - Beautiful photo! It looks lovely there!

@tryingain5 - So happy that you get to move to day shift. Sounds like you are getting the hang of the new tasks and am sure that you will do great! I remember a time when the night shift was really not agreeing with you to the point that you considered looking for another job. So getting this day shift in the job that you know and like is really good news. Best of luck!

@kiane50 - Love your new profile photo!

@kiane50 and @kittengirl88 - I am a long time vegetarian, like over 30 years at this point. So happy to see some fellow veggies on the team!

@1theresamcvean - Yes, you are right that many of us were raised to not speak up for ourselves. He is a bit of an introvert, so I am extra proud of the fact that he could express his feelings and advocate for himself.
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    Check-in: Thu 8th Oct
    Food: Logged and under
    Water: on plan - 48oz
    Exercise: 45min Sh'bam (dance)
    Steps (for challenge): Thu 12,477

I feel like I am back in the zones! Though it is only Friday - let's see if I manage to mess up my Mon-Fri effort with too much food and drink at the weekend. I did a big shop today, so hopefully there is enough good food to make healthy choices.

@1theresamcvean that must be so difficult not be able to be their for your daughter - hugs × And congrats on sorting the stress eating and setting a new low. Goal is so close!

@debbiewsharpe I initially found a water app that I liked (every drink you have waters a plant that then grows), but soon that started to lose its appeal and so not only was I ignoring my brain telling me to drink, but also my phone! Not sure why this drinking water is so hard when the body needs water to sustain itself! Seems so counter-intuitive. And love the photo.

@ljdanny wishing you a speedy recovery. Sounds like you are doing well.

• lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Pw:149.0
    Cw: 149.8

Oops wanted to try intuitive eating with no tracking, eating when hungry. I’m too hungry obviously lol :smiley:

Back to tracking lol
This discussion has been closed.