GOAL ZONE Maintenance chat

Options

Replies

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    @debbiewsharpe So glad to see you here in the goal zone. I hope to join you here in the near future! Hugs.
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Good morning maintainers,
    I slowly creeped above my magic number this week, so back at it! I did not bake anything all weekend. Sunday I ate a mandarin and a few green grapes as my night time snack. Last night, back to the grapes. I am also concentrating on lots of water throughout the day. Over 20,000 steps and 33 minutes of strength yesterday. When I get bored I will NOT bake this week. If I get this little bit of weight off then maybe a sweet treat at the end of the week.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,138 Member
    Options
    Welcome @debbiewsharpe !
    I have been creeping a bit lately, too. Not up to the top of my safe range, but getting too close for comfort. My son is a very bad man, he brought Cherry Garcia ice cream and some killer cookies to my house. As gifts. He is in trouble, but sadly so am I! Back to grapefruits to kill sweet cravings, nonfat sorbet (homemade and seriously yummy) for when the grapefruits don't cut it. No BAKING. except the gluten free bread I have to make for my husband who has celiac disease - luckily I don't eat that bread at all.

We can do this!
  • debbiewsharpe
    Options
    I am here again, this time with a weight loss. It may be back up tomorrow but I did enjoy the scales this morning. Under my magic number, finally! I have not baked anything all week! I am eating fruit at night instead of pi, cake or cookies. I have walked a lot again this week and I am trying IF this week. Only doing about 13 hours. I will probably have a treat this weekend if the scales stay in place.
  • jugar
    Options
    We have been a very slow and boring bunch through September! I hope that our numbers will grow as people lose and hit goal - in the meantime, we need to keep supporting each other to avoid that creeping past the top number in our goal zone. I am hoping to get back to the bottom of my zone during October. I'm avoiding sugar, which always tempts me a lot as the weather gets cold. 5 days a week, I'm aiming to have no added sugar.

Soon @Cafelelia will be here, right? And a few others. Who else from your teams might be closing in on goal?
  • debbiewsharpe
    Options
    I was wondering if this group had just fizzled out. Good to see your post this morning. I am still hovering around my magic number, walking a LOT, exercising daily and eating pretty much what I am used to. I do work in a few sweets since maintenance but try not to overdo it. I love the habit tracker, yet most of my team does not use it. It helps me. I got off the couch the other night at 11:45 to get in some strength exercises. I had a very busy day, was tired and just wanted to rest. That little light in my head came on and said that I could not put a check in the box by exercise so I managed to get it done. It works for me!!!! I do hope some others will return to this part of F2F.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    @debbiewsharpe and @jugar I should be here soon. My goal weight is 142 (toned) and I'm 4.4 lbs away from that. My range will be from 137 to 147, so I'm in range but likely to declare it officially when I make it at or close to the bottom of the range. We should think of some ideas to get this page more active. Do we make it an official team? What other ideas do you have?
  • jugar
    Options
    I think if you read back to the beginning of this thread, there is a lot of great information and stories. Everyone who is on maintenance just has to remember to keep it going!

This month I am trying to get back to the bottom of my "goal zone". I am feeling too close to the top of it lately (I have a 5-pound range), so I am paying particular attention to sugar (I blame the colder days and shorter sunlight!), and really logging carefully again. I go through phases of winging it, and then come back to stricter tracking. I am trying to have 5 days per week with ZERO added sugar. Not even my awesome homemade sorbet - it is fat free, delicious, but does have sugar in it so that it does not freeze too hard. I love eliminating something 100% but not every day of the week - this is how I lost the weight in the first place, and it works for me. There is no decision to make on the days I am eliminating the thing(s) (sugar, grains, flour, whatever), but I can calm any cravings by knowing I can have the thing(s) on that 1 or 2 days a week.

It will be great when you are IN THE ZONE @1theresamcvean !! There are a few other people hovering really close to goal - I think it is really important that we stay in the teams, keep weighing in to be sure to stay within our defined zones, and interact with each other here. It is good to also be an example of success on our teams and urge everyone to keep on going!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Hello, @jugar and everyone!

I, too, have hit the top of my goal zone and so am eating extra carefully this month. The problem food has been raisins and peanut butter, so those are banished from the pantry until I am back on track. (Totally get those are not problem foods for most people, but that combo is trigger-y for me!)

I talked to my husband about it as we have birthday and an anniversary this month. So his birthday treat will be something I don't mind making but not eating!

So right now, as I check in, I am eating a super filling, nutrient dense and tasty chopped salad - something I really like but not something that will have me wanting more in an hour!

And I am promising to get in my 10KL steps today!
  • jugar
    Options
    Looks like we'll have some new companions in the goal zone soon! A few people are really looking like they are hitting their goal.

@AustinRuadhain
    I totally agree on peanut butter and raisins! They can really get me going too - or any combo of dried fruit and nuts. Addictive.

Off to too many errands today... this is when I like to pick up "rewards". NOT TODAY!!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm joining in the Goal Zone maintenance team from team Waistaways. My weight loss went fast from 194 in January to 145 now in October - I am DETERMINED to be in this same weight range (140-149) this same time next year. And you all are going to help me <3 with your inspiring stories and nagging, lay it on me. It's been a lifelong battle and at 51, I don't want to do battle again. I love to cook, garden and walk. I've learned recently that as much as I need to prep for when I am in the office, I need to prep when I have my alternate week of working from home...have that yummy salad waiting for me in the fridge when I leave my computer.
    I look forward to getting to know you all!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    @eggfreak
    Welcome to the discussion! You are so smart to be looking for ways to actually make this happen -- the social support, the meal planning.

@jugar
    Thank you so much for that vote of "you are not crazy" regarding peanut butter and raisins. Not having the ingredients for that in my pantry is being super helpful.
    And hurray to that "not picking up rewards" thought! I went shopping yesterday, and was so, so tempted by a NuGo chocolate mint bar. Fortunately I had set up a structure to help myself past that temptation -- I had listed "food on plan" as one of my Habit Tracker items, and I am reporting those in on my team chat checkins. So I got to think for a moment, did I really want to say I had failed in my plan? I did not. Yes, I WILL use social pressure on myself, by telling other people what I am up to, and it works. So I put the tasty bar back on the shelf and left the store with only the items on my list!

@debbiewsharpe
    Ah, yes, as you see, I am right there with you on the power of checkboxes and tracking and such!
  • 1theresamcvean
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Just 3 pounds away for me. Lurking around here to see if it helps me get there soon. I'm Theresa from Toronto and am a co-captain on team Weight No More from where @debbiewsharpe hails. I'm also in the group Sole Mates, where she is a captain. One thing I've learned from her is that a high step count and counting on your friends can help with maintenance. Also, in her words, just to keep on keeping on. Cross your fingers and toes with me, please.
  • jugar
    Options
    Just 3 pounds away for me. Lurking around here to see if it helps me get there soon. I'm Theresa from Toronto and am a co-captain on team Weight No More from where @debbiewsharpe hails. I'm also in the group Sole Mates, where she is a captain. One thing I've learned from her is that a high step count and counting on your friends can help with maintenance. Also, in her words, just to keep on keeping on. Cross your fingers and toes with me, please.

Not sure how good my step count will be with my toes crossed, but I'll try anything! You will make it :smiley:
  • debbiewsharpe
    Options
    Welcome to the new members of this group, so good to see this group growing! TAKE A LOOOK AT THE POSTER BELOW! This is a reminder of what your have just defeated! KEEP ON KEEPING ON.................................
    3pw6a34bzdqj.png
  • debbiewsharpe
    Options
    OH NO....... I was shocked when I weighed this morning! I am back toward the top of my goal zone, I have no idea why! In the middle of the week I was down. I am almost 2 pounds over my magic number. This week will be back to diet mode (I hope). I WILL be back to 127 by next Sunday. Definitely need to KEEP ON KEEPING ON.........

@jugarI - I have fruit in the house so I will take a page from your book and eat fruit this week. WE can and will do this!

@theresamcvean - You will be here soon, only 3 pounds to go. My fingers and toes are crossed for you! Making it an official team would be great, others may join in soon. Would this mean that we would post here and just occasionally on our other page??? I am good with whatever the group decides! I am sure that I would also read my team page, just in my short time I have gotten to know a few people. You have had steady losses so I bet you will officially be here soon. Thank you for the kind words.

@AustinRuadhain – Welcome to the goal zone! Raisins and peanut butter sound like heaven on Earth! I am a “Jiff” junkie. My goal is also 10,000 steps but lately I have gotten a lot more. Covid boredom is kicking in. Love the self motivated social pressure idea. I need to do that.

@eggfreak – Welcome to maintenance! Wow, what a loss. You are definitely determined. I look forward to getting to know you.

DEBBIES' DIET TIPS:

🤷‍♀️IF YOU AREN'T HUNGRY, DON'T EAT----IF YOU THINK YOU ARE HUNGRY - DRINK WATER FIRST. MAKE SURE YOU ARE FEELING HUNGER.
    🤷‍♀️QUIT EATING WHEN YOU ARE FULL. CONTRARY TO WHAT OUR MAMAS TOLD US, YOU DON'T NEED TO "CLEAN YOUR PLATE." YOU CAN THROW FOOD AWAY OR SAVE IT FOR LATER.
    🤷‍♀️EAT FROM A SALAD PLATE, NOT A DINNER PLATE, IT IS ALL A MIND GAME.
    🤷‍♀️WHEN YOU REACH FOR A TREAT, LACE UP YOUR SHOES AND GO FOR A 10 MINUTE WALK!
    🤷‍♀️ARE YOU EATING JUST BECAUSE IT IS A CERTAIN TIME OF DAY?
    🤷‍♀️NO LAW SAYS WE HAVE TO EAT 3 MEALS A DAY. MOST COUNTRIES DON'T EAT 3 TIMES A DAY.

😎STAYED TUNED IN,,,,, MORE TO COME! HAVE A BLESSED SUNDAY, I'M OFF TO VIRTUAL CHURCH. CHURCH IN OUR PJ'S, WHO WOULD HAVE EVER THOUGHT ?????????

KEEP ON KEEPING ON............................. WE ARE IN IT TO WIN IT..................
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Good morning, what are people's ranges for weight range....ten pounds, five pounds? - I know it's a personal choice but just curious. I reached 145 and feel great but am thinking that I might have a range of 139-145. I did reach my goal but feel I might reset my goal by a few pounds and see how I feel there.
    Also, do we no longer weigh in with our team? I'm glad this group is here because otherwise I might feel like I've been put on a shelf now that I reached my goal ;)
    I reached a second goal the other day, and got the last of my colored hair chopped off B) feels great!

@debbiewsharpe For a while I had been avoiding fruit, and then realized that a little bit of fruit is perfectly fine and definitely has the benefit of a little sugar boost and for me, when I got a few leg cramps, realized that potassium is important. Now a half a banana in my oatmeal does the trick and I love the taste - even cooked in the microwave, bananas are transformed when they are cooked - not carmelized but something is different.

@AustinRuadhain, peanut butter and raisins does sound yummy. Peanut butter is a slippery slope for me though...Somehow just a small smear of PB just doesn't do it. A jar of Skippy Extra Crunchy is in the cupboard though, unopened, some day I might be able to control myself with it (as long as it's unopened, I can hold back,ha!)
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I use a 5 pound range of 132-137. So far that is working fine for me.

• jugar
    Options
    eggfreak wrote: »
    Good morning, what are people's ranges for weight range....ten pounds, five pounds? - I know it's a personal choice but just curious. I reached 145 and feel great but am thinking that I might have a range of 139-145. I did reach my goal but feel I might reset my goal by a few pounds and see how I feel there.
    Also, do we no longer weigh in with our team? I'm glad this group is here because otherwise I might feel like I've been put on a shelf now that I reached my goal ;)
    It is so good to have you here! I use a 5 pound range, and have to get closer to the bottom of it again! Creeping, creeping - it happens. The rest of this month is UNCREEPING.

You continue to weigh in on your team. Post how good it feels to be maintaining! I like us to stay on our teams as well as here so that we can be an inspiration to others who are not there yet. I like the idea of having our own team, too - hard to decide which would work best for us AND for the teams. I like them to have successful losers in their midst. There are so many people who just stay around the same weight no matter how long they are there, but others are steadily getting there. Since we have been through the whole process, maybe we can help them out. Let me know what you think about the team thing. Thanks!
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm still at goal but would like to lose a few extra pounds ahead of the holidays so I can indulge without anxiety. I noticed lately that I'm back into old snacking habits once I get home from work, and I really need to curb some of that unhealthy eating. Also stopped exercising in late summer, so I'm getting myself back on track there as well.

It's good to be checking in each day again!