Mission Slimpossible - October 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,887 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Oooh Apple Spice sounds lovely for fall! I am back on track, thanks! How magical, your evening walks sound.

@TeresaW1020 Yay for a fun trip and beautiful pictures!

@TwistedSassette You are most welcome! WTG with going to bed on time and getting up and working out!!! 15+10=25 minutes which is pretty darned good!!!

@GretchenReine I'm sorry you are struggling. I've had days when I've wanted to throw that scale out the window lol. There are plenty of free rewards you can set yourself up with. Some ideas: paint your nails/toes, a nap, take a vacation day, listen to a new podcast... there are more ideas here (although on this list, there are a lot of ideas that cost money): https://www.macymichelle.com/non-food-rewards-for-weight-loss/

Hi all. Well, yesterday was much better. I was able to fit in some exercise and ate well. I did a pretty good job of self-care. Now, to repeat today!

Tuesday:
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: over
    Exercise: rode spin bike, walked
    - rate my hunger on a scale of 1-10 before I eat - not accomplished
    - track 90% of food intake - 100% accomplished
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night - 100% accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 100% accomplished
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day - 100% accomplished
    - put my utensil down between bites - 50% accomplished
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything - not accomplished
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal - not accomplished
    - track 90% of food intake
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
    - put my utensil down between bites
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    @Teresa1020 The brand is Mahingan Traditional. I purchased it at a reservation in Quebec where they are very helpful and informative but I did find a link for that brand https://mahinganhealing.com/
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Wednesday
    PW: 131.8 lb
    CW: 131.4 lb

100 days challenge, day 28, Oct 20:
    -eat within calories ✅, 24/28
    - 14,000 steps ✅, 21/28

It’s finally fall and the start of my favorite foods type weather: soups and stews. What I’m doing different this time around , is to have a second helping, with minimal bread on the side and cut the empty calories [ ok, mostly sweet(s) ] at night - because I am truly full.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    drv3ndkt6kln.jpg

Tuesday Check-in
    🟢Food on plan weighed & logged
    🟢Calories in the "Green"
    🟢Workout: 45 min+/6 days-wk (80 min outdoor walk)
    🟢Over 10K steps
    🟢Only the one planned snack, no trigger foods
    🟢In bed by 12
    Wednesday plan -- more of this!

🍲 Kitchen win: I made this super healthy vegetable stew, and my son and husband both love it. I skipped the butter and oil, and used a mix of root veggies that are currently available at my grocery (lots of beets, turnips, carrots; just 2 smallish potatoes; plus celery & onion). I added a little chicken bouillon powder to the water, as they both love that flavor.
    https://www.thespruceeats.com/russian-root-vegetable-stew-recipe-1137531

@Katmary71
    💙 How are you today? I am thinking of you and hope all is well!

@TwistedSassette
    👍🏾 Wow! What a great day! It sounds like you made a bunch of small decisions that added up to a fabulous day! And how awesome to notice that you made up for the off-plan day already. Rock and roll!

⌛ Your planning to eat dessert later and then passing on it reminds me that I sometimes get around eating something unhelpful by just... putting it off. My whole journey with losing weight started by deciding to put off eating a candy bar one morning. It was too much to think I would go without candy all day, but I could see my way to saying "later."

@TeresaW1020
    💗I hope you are doing well today. I don't know if this would be helpful, but you might (if you have not already), for your shoulder, look at the sling-with-a-bolster/pillow, as a way to hold it in place at night? (something like this?) The pillow allows you to take all the weight of the arm off the shoulder, and the sling holds it there. I know someone with a shoulder injury who is using one.

@GretchenReine
    You ever just look at the scale and sigh? Yeah, that was me this morning. This week has been treacherous but getting into a routine since just getting back is a struggle. I'm trying to work on a reward system of some sort but when you're struggling financially it's really hard to even come up with the simplest of things.
    👐🏾 Boy, I do get the sigh.

If the routine is a struggle, maybe break it up into smaller pieces?

🤔 Another idea - try celebrations?
    One of my favorite ever resources is a book called Tiny Habits by BJ Fogg. He's a human behavior scientist, and people have come out of his classes and done things like *design Instagram* (which if you think about it, is an amazing example of rewiring habits in a lot of people). Anyway, he wrote a book to try to put that info in the hands of people, and one of the big things I got out of it was the idea of using celebrations (as opposed to rewards). Celebrations are a free, in-the-moment behavior (so not a budget challenge):
    https://www.tinyhabits.com/rewire << stuff about celebrations
    https://www.tinyhabits.com/welcome << free mini-course \on his website

Full disclosure - it took me months to come around to trying celebrations. My first thoughts included "this looks dumb" and "I feel silly." But now I do them when I am trying to build a new habit, as they are super effective for me.

The library might have the book, if you want to learn more, but he puts LOTS of stuff up on his website.

@trooworld
    🎉 Hurray for that great day and for all the self care!

@emj90210
    I have fell off the wagon and gained 3lb in 7 days 😭
    👐🏾 Aww, we know that's not the number you wanted! Can we support you in any way? Are there some small changes you could make this week, to start heading in the direction you want? Not like "totally on the wagon and getting it all perfect," but little steps?

@GabiV125
    🥳 Hurray to that great weigh-in! And to the green checkmarks on your goals!
    It’s finally fall and the start of my favorite foods type weather: soups and stews. What I’m doing different this time around , is to have a second helping, with minimal bread on the side and cut the empty calories [ ok, mostly sweet(s) ] at night - because I am truly full.
    Oooh, yes! Soups and stews can be such an awesome, healthy and filling choice! I made a Russian root vegetable stew and got rave reviews at our house.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @GretchenReine It does take time to get back into a routine when you have been out of it awhile. Are you tracking your foods? Do you have a specific eating plan that you are trying to stick to? Going to the gym is great! Just hang in there and don’t let yourself get down. One day at a time is all we can do. <3

@Jactop Thanks for the link! I will check it out. :)

@emj90210 We all fall off the wagon. The secret is to get back on board and keep moving. :)

@AustinRuadhain That sling looks very interesting! I’m actually doing pretty well with not sleeping on my right side but still in pain so I’m not sure if I’m helping or not. I will tell you that I am NOT happy to have this shoulder and back pain still lingering in my life. I might actually be tempted to go see a doctor, but don’t tell my husband I said that. I’m still just thinking about it. :grin: That veggie stew looks really good!!

@buniphuphu Ohhhh dear that is not good to be that stressed out. You have been doing so great that I think you should go back to doing what you know works for you. Stressing will only hinder your weight loss progress. <3

Hi everyone! I skipped workout this morning and did a bunch of housework which of course hurt my back. I am still on the fence if it’s sciatica or what. All I know is that it’s getting really old to have this pain almost every day. :# I went to get my hair done today but my stylist never showed up and I still haven’t heard from her. One of the other ladies said that her sister was in the hospital, so I’m praying that all is well. Tomorrow, I have my staff all-day meeting that we do at this time of the year. We will do our best to plan 2021 without really knowing what we can expect these next months. In any event, it’s always fun to hang out with these five people. I heard that we will be eating pizza for lunch! :)

100-Day Challenge Goals: Day 29
    1. Fast clean for 19+ hours, with 2 days at 23+ hours. Fasted 19.5 hours
    2. Workout six days a week (either BOD program, treadmill, or deep cleaning). 2 hours of housework
    3. Eat at least 90% on plan, which means mostly low carb with one or two days of high-carbs. Right on plan with super low carbs today.
    4. Have quiet time with God through prayer and reading. No, I ended up running around this afternoon with hubby doing errands. I do have children’s church tonight!
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,590 Member
    Options
    @GretchenReine Sending huge hugs your way. It sucks when you feel like you're going backwards or even just treading water. A reward system sounds like a great idea, and doesn't have to be expensive. I'd just steer clear of food-based rewards!

@emj90210 I'm sure that most of that 3 lbs is water retention, especially if you've been eating salty stuff. To actually gain 3 lbs you'd have to have eaten with a calorie surplus of over 10,000 calories! Dust yourself off and get back on the wagon :smile:

@GabiV125 I love soups & stews! I don't make them much as hubby isn't really a fan, but I'm 99% sure that my son would actually eat more veggies if they're in a stew. I might have to look into that!

@AustinRuadhain Great resources re celebrations! An interesting concept, something I might have to try.

@buniphuphu I think that sounds like a good plan. You know what works and what doesn't and there's no point stressing yourself out that much! That would be counterproductive. It won't take you too long to lose 23 lbs if you keep up what you've been doing, then he can schedule the surgery and all will be well!

Yesterday was a bit bad in terms of nutrition for me. I did well until dinner, then overate. And had dessert. It was basically an "eating at maintenance" day though so no real harm done. This morning I rode my bike again for 15 mins - it was a little easier to get out of bed today. It's supposed to be a little warmer today so I might go to the pool if it isn't cloudy & cool. I have tomorrow off work so I can sleep in a little, but I'd still like to get up and ride before the little guy wakes up.
    I do weigh in every morning so I can see the fluctuations (it helps on those days where I have a gain on my weekly weigh-in, as I know whether it's a "real" gain or not). This morning I weighed 135.1kg which, while it seems a lot (and it is), it's the lowest weight I've seen on the scales in a couple of years. It briefly flashed up something in the 134 range and I got very excited, but I'm happy to see it just over 135! Let's hope it's even lower tomorrow for my official weigh-in!

100 DAY CHALLENGE GOALS
    Day 29: Wednesday 21 October
    1. Log calories eaten: Yes - 17/29
    2. 20 mins exercise: No - 15/29
    3. Record a calorie deficit: No - 13/29
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,555 Member
    Options
    buniphuphu wrote: »
    I have been really stressed out over my doctor's schedule to try to lose that 23 pounds. Yesterday, I vomited after I ate lunch I was so stressed out. Today, I decided I'm going to go back to what was working for me: swimming an hour a day, eating a calorie-appropriate diet, focusing on fruits and veggies, healthy proteins, and minimizing starches.

The weight will come off as it comes off, and I won't feel stressed. Surgery will happen when it happens. It's not an emergency. He'll have to have patience.

I think this is a great way to look at it. Yeah, it would be great to get the surgery behind you but if you're losing super fast you'll be weaker for surgery recovery. It's your body and your life, do it your way!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,887 Member
    Options
    @buniphuphu I'm sure your doctor wouldn't want you to be so stressed out about it. I think you are smart to follow what you know works for you.

@TeresaW1020 Pizza...yum!

Hi all. I did pretty well yesterday, I ate foods that were good for my body, tracked everything (I was 2 points over my WW point total for the day), and I got some exercise in and meditated. I've been a bit stressed about some things so the meditation helped. I'm worried about my weigh-in on Saturday thanks to that chocolate bar fiasco. All I can do is keep working my goals and see what happens Saturday.

Wednesday:
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: physical therapy exercises, walked
    - rate my hunger on a scale of 1-10 before I eat - not accomplished
    - track 90% of food intake - 100% accomplished
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night - 100% accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 50% accomplished
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day - 100% accomplished
    - put my utensil down between bites - 100% accomplished
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything - 100$ accomplished
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal - not accomplished
    - track 90% of food intake
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
    - put my utensil down between bites
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited October 2020
    Options
    buniphuphu wrote: »
    I have been really stressed out over my doctor's schedule to try to lose that 23 pounds. Yesterday, I vomited after I ate lunch I was so stressed out. Today, I decided I'm going to go back to what was working for me: swimming an hour a day, eating a calorie-appropriate diet, focusing on fruits and veggies, healthy proteins, and minimizing starches.

The weight will come off as it comes off, and I won't feel stressed. Surgery will happen when it happens. It's not an emergency. He'll have to have patience.

Wow. I am so sorry you were so stressed yesterday. HURRAY for choosing to do things differently, then. This sounds super duper smart. You have been doing so very well at finding a rhythm that works for you, and that's no easy task!

And as Katmary71 said, that kind of stress would make it harder for you to recover.

Hopefully, with that decision made, today will be much less stressful. I really hope so!
  • AustinRuadhain
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Wednesday Check-in
    🔴Food on plan weighed & logged (all weighed & logged, but one off-plan item - bad planning!)
    🟢Calories in the "Green"
    🟢Workout: 45 min+/6 days-wk (64 min outdoor walk)
    🟢Over 10K steps
    🔴Only the one planned snack, no trigger foods
    🟢In bed by 12

Thursday Plan -- back on plan today! Also - looking to get in some extra workout time!

yytkh5os8j8w.jpg
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    I am sending out an SOS for @Katmary71. I see no likes, comments or posts which is very unlike her and she has been unwell. Concerned.
  • TwistedSassette
    Options
    Cornanda wrote: »
    I am sending out an SOS for @Katmary71. I see no likes, comments or posts which is very unlike her and she has been unwell. Concerned.

I’m hoping this means that she’s busily off having the appointments that she has been needing for so long! ❤️
  • TwistedSassette
    Options
    Just a quick check in and I’ll post my weekly weigh in shortly (always need to go back and find my last one as I can never remember the numbers!).

Yesterday finished up pretty well. Took my son to the pool just by ourselves for the first time this season (usually my sister meets us there but she had meetings after school and couldn’t make it). It was pretty great! We had takeaway chicken burgers for dinner but I didn’t overdo it and finished up with a deficit which is great.

I enjoyed a little sleep in this morning (till 7am - that’s a two hour sleep in for me!) and have spent most of the morning just chilling with my little family. My MIL is in hospital with a suspected snapped knee ligament so we organised some flowers for her (she’s 300km away and only allowed one visitor due to covid). Hubby was playing a video game with a friend and the toddler was happily playing with his cars, so I snuck off and did a half hour ride on my bike. Not a bad effort I think!

The rest of the weekend should be pretty chill, I think. There’s supposed to be storms coming so we’ll see what that brings!

100 DAY CHALLENGE GOALS
    Day 30: Thursday 22 October
    1. Log calories eaten: Yes - 18/30
    2. 20 mins exercise: Yes - 16/30
    3. Record a calorie deficit: Yes - 14/30
This discussion has been closed.