Binge Eating

Replies

• conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Its not exactly a binge but i just ate like 5 slices of black forest deli ham and 2 frosted cherry pop tarts (200 calories each! )...it wouldnt be so bad except now i probably only have 300 calories or less for dinner ! Ive got 3 options here ...skip dinner (which i dont think ill ve successful. .try to eat a very tiny dinner....or i could take 1/2 of one of my adipex pills i have left from when i used to take them and hope that helps me not eat over tonight. I dont know how to save this day !

Have a salad with light dressing and later a cup of lite hot Chocolate and a fiber one brownie....everyone has days that aren’t perfect!....just don’t blow your entire day because of a little bit over!
  • Rashel_kitten
    Rashel_kitten Posts: 81 Member
    speyerj wrote: »
    @Rashel_kitten -Maybe today can just be a maintenance or near maintenance day. Somedays you are just hungry! And good choice on the ham. High protein snacks always keep me feeling full for hours.

My husband keeps buying pop tarts. When I'm really hungry, they seem so tempting, but I don't even really like them all that much! It's the packaging combined with childhood memories - they were a rare special treat growing up.

The pop tarts are left over from before I started back on MFP ! Ive logged into MFP 30 days in a row today! And i believe only 3 of them i was over my calorie goal.

On another note I thought of option 4 which was to walk 1.51miles ! I did it in 37.34 minutes! I've walked that much in a day before but i split it up into 2 walks today i did it all at once ! I hope to walk 2 miles for the first time tomorrow evening.

Now maybe i can still salvage the day as long as i dont let the food win ! Thank you for listening and replying if i hadn't thought to post here i might still be eating !
  • Rashel_kitten
    Its not exactly a binge but i just ate like 5 slices of black forest deli ham and 2 frosted cherry pop tarts (200 calories each! )...it wouldnt be so bad except now i probably only have 300 calories or less for dinner ! Ive got 3 options here ...skip dinner (which i dont think ill ve successful. .try to eat a very tiny dinner....or i could take 1/2 of one of my adipex pills i have left from when i used to take them and hope that helps me not eat over tonight. I dont know how to save this day !

Have a salad with light dressing and later a cup of lite hot Chocolate and a fiber one brownie....everyone has days that aren’t perfect!....just don’t blow your entire day because of a little bit over!

Thats a great idea my light raspberry vinaigrette sounds amazing right now! And i might even have that light cocoa.

It was just so tempting to say heck with it today and start again tomorrow! But i know if i do that it will set me back a week or more and i really don't wanna do that! Ive been back on MFP for 30 days now and i have logged in for that many days in a row !

Also i got my 10 year badge from MFP today ive been on MFP on and off since 2010 ! Thats crazy to me ! Im also only 5 pounds away from my first baby weight loss goal ! Which was to get back to my weight from 2018 which will be 18 pounds lost ! I cant wait maybe i can be there by October 1st !

Thanks for listening to my rant...
  • conniewilkins56
    We are all here to listen and help without any preaching!
  • alligatorob
    alligatorob Posts: 736 Member
    I dont know how to save this day !
    Hey Rashel, I know this advice is too late, and I hope you did well the rest of the day. If something like this happens again my advice is always to try to focus on doing the right thing going forward. Don't worry about your calorie total for the day, or what is past, just focus on getting back on track. Not trying to make up for getting off a bit.

Hope all is now well with you!

• conniewilkins56
    Hey Rashel, I know this advice is too late, and I hope you did well the rest of the day. If something like this happens again my advice is always to try to focus on doing the right thing going forward. Don't worry about your calorie total for the day, or what is past, just focus on getting back on track. Not trying to make up for getting off a bit.

This is great advice....
  • Rashel_kitten
    If something like this happens again my advice is always to try to focus on doing the right thing going forward. Don't worry about your calorie total for the day, or what is past, just focus on getting back on track. Not trying to make up for getting off a bit.

I know that is the right thing to do and its sooo hard because when i screw up it sometimes makes me want to quit because it would be easier ! But look where easier has gotten me !

I would like to add that i had every i tention of eating that salad when i got home ....when i got to my mother in laws to pick up my kids she had made spaghetti! So i decided i had walked 1.51 miles i would just have a tiny dinner ....it was the smallest plate of spaghetti i think I've eaten since i was like 5 years old ! I was over the normal daily calories MFP gives me for the day but i still had leftover calories from the workout ! So all in all im happy with it !
    I just finished walking 2 miles for the very first time in a very long time tonight.
    Thanks for listening and thanks for the advice ill keep it in the memory bank for the next time as im sure there will be one.
  • joone_9
    joone_9 Posts: 152 Member
    I need somewhere to vent as man oh man I’m struggling to not binge. Why am I soooooo hungry these last couple days?! I’ve been barely keeping to my cal goal but i can tell I’m starting to slip. It feels like all I can think of is food!
  • conniewilkins56
    joone_9 wrote: »
    I need somewhere to vent as man oh man I’m struggling to not binge. Why am I soooooo hungry these last couple days?! I’ve been barely keeping to my cal goal but i can tell I’m starting to slip. It feels like all I can think of is food!

I wish I had an answer for you....as you have probably read in my previous posts, I have BED....right now I am in control; an hour from now or tomorrow maybe not...I can say the longer that I don’t binge, the easier it is not to....I do not want to feel guilty or physically sick or any of the other ways I feel after a full blown binge....I am not talking about eating a candy bar binge...I am talking about eating 3 to 10 thousand calories of food that you have no idea of what you are actually eating or why....telling you to go for a walk or eat celery or get busy doing something else is not much help...I can tell you what has been working for me lately....I have been on MFP for 16 months.....I have lost 93 pounds....I have had good days, great days and really bad days along the way...I keep telling myself I am in control of my actions and nobody else is...I am only accountable to ME....and right now I CHOOSE to feel good about myself....I have a treat every day...something I enjoy eating...I snack a lot and I eat a lot...food is NOT a comfort...( someone recently reminded me of this )....food is nourishment for my body...it is necessary to eat to fuel my body!...

I don’t know how much weight you have lost or any of your statistics or how bad your binges are so I hope this helped you a little...
  • amart4224
    amart4224 Posts: 345 Member

When I'm not logging/calorie counting, I have a lot of problems with binging, but logging really helps me keep it under control. The exception is that special time of the month when I have a day or two where I feel like I'm literally starving, want to eat everything in sight, even if it's not a very tempting food (this month it was a bag of shredded cheese...) So that's something to keep in mind - hormones may be playing a part.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,982 Member
    amart4224 wrote: »

When I'm not logging/calorie counting, I have a lot of problems with binging, but logging really helps me keep it under control. The exception is that special time of the month when I have a day or two where I feel like I'm literally starving, want to eat everything in sight, even if it's not a very tempting food (this month it was a bag of shredded cheese...) So that's something to keep in mind - hormones may be playing a part.

its my "special" time of hte month right now, or at least the pre part, and hormone eating is driving me insane right now. I'm not craving anything in particular; my mind just wants to eat! *sigh*
  • joone_9
    joone_9 Posts: 152 Member
    Thx everyone...your comments have helped. I didn’t binge and forced myself to go to sleep. I have read almost every post in this thread and it helps seeing people struggle but still make it through to progress. That’s how I keep getting into this mess I’m in (losing weight, binge...give up...gain weight..binge more.. all the way to being heavier than ever before.). I’ve lost 95lbs back in 2014 and felt GREAT but then have slowly..then fast..gained it all back. I’m at my all time high with gaining 45lbs since April (well was 4 weeks ago when I decided it was enough and my health needed me to stop ignoring it all) so I need to keep with this and try my best not to binge..and if I binge then to scrape it off and move on the next day. For me I think I still haven’t broken the habit of food=comfort so that is something I’m working on. And I hear ya re the binges..mine can be bad..snacking all day on everything I can shove in my mouth and doing some bad damage..so much so it can make me sick. I think it just helped for some reason to complain about it somewhere other than my head. I have lost 10lbs in the 4 weeks I’m back on MFP and yes this is good but I find myself struggling with the slow progress to get me back to where I was in April before the last set of binges as in my head I feel like that should have been my starting point..not my first mini goal🤦‍♀️. I am pre - time of the month so hormones likely playing into it some but I need to find ways to make it through whatever stressor “excuse” I usually use to somehow stop binging.
  • conniewilkins56

This is great advice....

I read this again and it really is good advice!....all anyone can do is go forward...you can never change the past!...thank you!
  • BordeauxBee
    BordeauxBee Posts: 69 Member
    I binged yesterday and later came the reflux. It sucks. I’m already dreading my next weigh in at the nutritionist office bc I haven’t been walking as much as I was last month.
  • BordeauxBee
    BordeauxBee Posts: 69 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I binged yesterday and later came the reflux. It sucks. I’m already dreading my next weigh in at the nutritionist office bc I haven’t been walking as much as I was last month.

Those types of weigh-ins can be problematic to show progress anyway. I was told yesterday at the doctor's office I had gained weight. I promptly told them I had not, I had lost. They argued because they only cared what the scale said. I told them they could view it anyway they want but since no fat was gained it was not worth mentioning. I am heavily retaining water due to the poison ivy at the moment. These people and their scales...

Way to go! I need to have such back bone when dealing with physicians.
  • conniewilkins56
    Almost binged but stopped myself before I really got into it....yay....still managed to stuff a few extra calories in...scales rewarded me with 3 extra lbs this morning....it will take me all week to get it off....sigh
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    You stopped though. And you know those three pounds aren’t real. Good for you! It’s an awesome accomplishment
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »

Those types of weigh-ins can be problematic to show progress anyway. I was told yesterday at the doctor's office I had gained weight. I promptly told them I had not, I had lost. They argued because they only cared what the scale said. I told them they could view it anyway they want but since no fat was gained it was not worth mentioning. I am heavily retaining water due to the poison ivy at the moment. These people and their scales...

Way to go! I need to have such back bone when dealing with physicians.

You will get there. It is not like I had immediate confidence. I have been doing this for 2.75 years with detailed spreadsheet results for 2.25 of them. I know my numbers... well most of the time... and as much as anyone can know anything... lol.