Trimstones - October 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Good Morning team

Welcome to our new team members 😄

The last 2 months have been a disaster. My moms last illness kinda sent me into a spiral. I really didn’t care what I ate and about working out. Added to that, I was on heavy steroids after surgery. End result - I gained back everything I had lost - 15 pounds.

This weeks weigh in was my wake up call. I am determined to get back to my goal weight, which I hit this spring.

So I started 16-8 IF with a high protein/low carb diet in my eating window. It’s only Day 2, but it’s been okay so far. Not snacking at night has been the big adjustment. But I can have unsweetened herbal tea, so I’m trying to get into the habit of a nice cup of tea after dinner.

Anyone else doing IF? Any tips?
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    edited October 2020
    JessicaKrall8
    Wed Weigh-in
    PW: 324.5
    CW: 322.7
    LTD: 57.7
  • jessicakrall8
    simbersea wrote: »
    Good Morning team

Welcome to our new team members 😄

[snip]

Anyone else doing IF? Any tips?

@simbersea
    I'm doing IF as well...I don't eat between 8pm and 11am, so basically a 15 hr fast per 24 hr cycle. I think the biggest key for you is that you're grieving, so keeping busy should be your strategy...I've found that doing something for others is helpful and keeps you active...find a charity you can donate time to...I love the animal charities, but perhaps you could check and see what health charities are doing walks and raise some money for them while walking (dementia/altzheimer's is a GREAT one)...

@Tobalee Welcome to our little fam!! Hope you will find the support and encouragement you need here, to meet all of your goals. Thanks for giving us a little glimpse at "who you are"...it always helps to get to know everyone! I'm Jessica, one of your captains... @mulecanter is your other captain. Let us know what we can do to help you get moving. Nice segway! I help organize the step challenge, so if you're a fitbit/step tracking junkie, let me know you'd like to join and give me your daily step goal. Then just report in every few days as you'll see many others doing as well. Please take time to read all of the WELCOME posts from the past few days...good info there.

Nice job to everyone who's cutting the snacking...that always helps me too. Once I start nibbling, it's all over...not sweets for me...but chips, crackers, etc. basically anything crunchy. I've been doing well on that front.

Enjoy your Wednesday everybody!!
    Jessica
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    @simbersea I recently started doing IF on the advice of my endocrinologist. My thyroid and thyroid meds have really been messing with my weight loss since I started taking them so he made some adjustments and suggested IF. I'm surprised that I really don't find it that difficult as I really just had to cut out breakfast and I was basically doing it anyway. I, like you, am also trying to cut down on carbs too. I have noticed some changes on the scale so I think this may be working for me. My eating window is either 12:00-8:00 or 1:00-9:00 depending on the day and when I get home from work/gym.
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 648 Member
    kpond
    Wednesday

PW-238.6
    CW-238.6
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 882 Member
    Steps
    10/25 10,490
    10/26 14,029
    10/27 8,058
    10/28 14,462
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Steps

10/25: 9,661
    10/26: 4,328
    10/27: 8,864
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    Good Morning Trimstones...You have a newcomer heading your way ... Please welcome @JSPOM
  • jessicakrall8
    qik4jl0mhb0r.jpg

@JSPOM Welcome to team TrimStones!! Hope you find all the support and encouragement you need in our group! I'm Jessica, one of your captains. @mulecanter is the other...let us know if there's anything we can do to nudge you along.

In the meantime, I think you're the last one in, so please close the door behind you and take a look at all the WELCOME postings on pages 11-14 of this chatroom. If you have any questions, please let me know!

We're glad you found us! Good luck in November!
    Jessica :blush:
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,778 Member
    10/26-13,568
    10/27-15,846
    10/28-15,322
  • Arc130
    Arc130 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Arc130
    Steps
    Monday 10/26- 8556
    Tuesday 10/27- 9803
    Wednesday 10/28- 9212
  • AmandaFastCar
    AmandaFastCar Posts: 9 Member
    Amandafastcar
    Fridays
    PW: 101kg
    CW: 100.9kg

What happened!! I'm sorry 😭😭😢
  • jessicakrall8
    Amandafastcar
    Fridays
    PW: 101kg
    CW: 100.9kg

What happened!! I'm sorry 😭😭😢

Hey @AmandaFastCar We need you to report your weight in pounds please...so please convert...thanks!
    Jessica
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    10/27 10,391
    10/28 6,234
  • Jax_Grim
    Jax_Grim Posts: 381 Member
    10/25 steps - 8001
    10/26 steps - 10677
    10/27 steps - 9693
    10/28 steps - 12970
  • AmandaFastCar
    AmandaFastCar Posts: 9 Member
    Hey @jessicakrall8 , sorry,

PW: 222.67 pounds
    CW: 221.56 pounds
  • jessicakrall8
    Hey @jessicakrall8 , sorry,

PW: 222.67 pounds
    CW: 221.56 pounds

No worries, @AmandaFastCar but we're still recording for October...is this supposed to be your starting weight, perhaps you didn't report when you registered? Otherwise, you won't start reporting in until your weigh day in November. November's chart will begin on Sunday, Nov 1st. Still, it's a loss and that's ALWAYS a great thing!! Congrats! Now you have another week to work towards your first weigh in! WTG!
  • izzyred9400
    @simbersea I do IF but a little different to you.I try the 5/2 diet from Michael Moseley.2 days a week only 500 calories a day.The other days I do try to stay within my goal of 1,200.I have breakfast & then just water & tea in day till teatime.Some days I can do it & other days I get too hungry.Maybe I will give your way a try.As you sleep through most of the fasting window.Yet I like my breakfast !
    It is hard to keep to anything whilst grieving.I know how that feels.So dont be too hard on yourself.Im sure you will get the results you want,may just take a little time.😊
  • izzyred9400
    @JSPOM Welcome to our team.Hope you find the support & encouragement to meet your goals.Good luck !!
This discussion has been closed.