The 2020 Move It Monday Challenge!

Options

Replies

• SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,787 Member
    Options
    what part are you in gal? Im in Austin and we might see a low with a 6 in front of it later this week. HOPE HOPE HOPE.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,658 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    August 24: A lighter day cleaning and decluttering.

🤠🌺
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    August 31: 1 1/2 hour yard/ garden.

September 7: 21 minutes rebounder (divided sessions) doing classic walk moves

🤠🌺
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    @texasgardnr I have never heard of rebounder. WIll need to look that up. Sept 7th: aired up the bike tires and pulled it out of retirement for a 25 minute test ride. Went well. Today I added batteries to the front strobe light and located my fingerless gloves. THe inside of my helmet is a little decrepit but helmet still functional so biking it will be for the next few weeks I think. Hopefully.
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    September 14: 3 hours yard/ garden including planting some flowers and transplanting others and tidy up yard and porch.

🤠🌺
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    @texasgardnr love your moniker by the way. What are you planting? I am getting some iris bulbs in the mail this week for the spring and I need to figure out where and how to plant them. My tree rats are notorious for digging up bulbs on me. sigh.

this was a sponge gourd which was flowering like crazy in one of the neighborhood yards I passed today. I also biked by some angel trumpets which I need to go take pictures of. ;)

7zi4ajziy9n2.png
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    @SummerSkier I was just planting some perennials, Dianthus plants, pink and white small to medium growth if they do well. They are ones readily found in most big box stores. But they are pretty and sometimes hardy here.

I'm replacing the begonias that just haven't done well this year in this narrow area along the west side of the back porch. In fact most of my begonias aren't doing well anymore this season. So when the weather turns reliably cooler and I find some beautiful pansies, I'm replacing all the begonias. They will go into planter boxes and perhaps somewhere in the back fence garden. and maybe in the hanging baskets. Most of what I grow now are perennials, but I like to add in the splash of the annual's color in a few areas.

The sponge gourd blossom is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

September 21: Made this day an easier day doing mostly lighter duty household tasks

September 28: A second rest day, light activities and decluttering paper.

🤠🌺
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    Ohhh. I love pansies. But I agree on the perennials. The annuals are always so sad to me when the first frost comes. Esp the morning glories. :(

I actually have also some volunteer petunias which popped up in some rose beds. LOL. Glad I did not weed them out. Here's hoping that you are able to resume some more activity soon.
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,648 Member
    Options
    Oh, you Texas planters are making me feel like I'm itching to get out and transplant some things, but I haven't been in my flowerbeds other than to water since the poison ivy episode. And now I think it will freeze so may be too late.

Today I got in about 20 min of walking and 23 minutes of classical stretch.
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    Still way too hot to consider planting pansies yet or in the near future, and no rain in sight 👀 either. But the mornings have been wonderfully cool!!

October 5: 20 minutes rebounder

🤠🌺
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    Oct 12 5.5 mile run at under 11:30 pace which considering after I hurt my knee I was struggling to break 12:30 is good.

How is everyone else doing?

@texasgardnr I usually don't plant Pansies until Feb because by then I am jonesing for some color and flowers in our rainy chilly winter.

@nebslp are you participating in move it Monday too?
  • nebslp
    Options
    @SummerSkier Your run is impressive! Way to come back strong B)
    I guess now I have to participate since you asked. I did spend some time today making a list all of the equipment and DVDs that I have for my 2nd half of the month exercise plan since the first half was so sad. I even found a plan that I made in 2004 when I bought my Weider home gym. I have NO excuses. All of my stuff is really old (me included) but it still works pretty good. I'll check in again later.
  • nebslp
    Options
    This is pretty pathetic, but it's something... while I was waiting in the basement for the washer to quit spinning I peddled my bike awhile. Then while waiting for the dryer to quit running I did a few bounces on my rebounder and then a very tiny arm and shoulder workout on my home gym. I will have to start slowly so I don't injure anything since it's been so long since I've actually used it.
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    every little bit counts @nebslp and great use of time btw!
  • texasgardnr
    edited October 2020
    Options
    @SummerSkier great running last week. Hoping that your knee is continuing to repair itself.

@nebslp what a great way to start using your (vintage 🧐) exercise equipment! I do hope that you've been using laundry time to rock your new exercises!

October 5: 20 minutes rebounder
    October 12: 30 minutes indoor walking
    October 19: 30 minutes outside walking, 20 minutes rebounder

🤠🌺
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    October 26: 40 Lighter day doing things around the house, 20 min. indoors walking

🤠🌺
  • nebslp
    Options
    45 minutes of yardwork before the cold blast comes in next week!
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    @nebslp that was a good idea to get yardwork done this week! Great workout also!!!

November 2: 30 minutes outside walk, 30 minutes rebounder

🤠🌺
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options
    Monday and Tuesday (11/1 and 11/2) did yardwork and cleaned basement...lots of stairs and carrying bins up and down. Feeling it in my back today. Ack! :wink:
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Move it Monday: walked a nature trail through a bird sanctuary (very peaceful) 🍁