Mission Slimpossible - November 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @leonadixon Could you please provide your starting weight? Preferably from last Tuesday. You can just post it on your weigh-in day and @broncobuddee will get it on the spreadsheet. :)

@anido1 Sounds like your body is adjusting to your weight. Maybe try switching something up. I do know that if you are working out very much you need to make sure you are eating enough or body will hold onto its weight. ;)

@gwamajtw91 I am one who would totally get the take-home box and eat it the next day. :grin: If you only have 5 lbs to lose have you thought about just calling yourself good, go into maintenance, and see if your body still wants to lose more weight. You and I are the same age and your current weight is actually lower than my goal weight. How tall are you? I think sometimes we can get caught up on the number and not think about how we feel and how our clothes look.

@Cornanda You have a lot of great positives that you posted. I especially like it when you come and post. I know for me it really helps me when I stay connected to working on my plan when I see others working hard on theirs. :)

@AustinRuadhain I am rushing here but I have bookmarked your links and will definitely give them a read and I’m sure some much needed thought. ;)

@TwistedSassette Yeah, my Fitbit will buzz on my arm to tell me to get up and move and most of the time I ignore it. We just have to be more intentional, don’t we? :D

@vega4lyfe2012 Great weigh-in this week!! Just keep focusing on yourself and you will keep seeing good results. <3

Hi Team! Today was another good day but it was cold here in Georgia. I went to Aldis this morning and actually didn’t complain about wearing my mask. Every year I always say I’m going to get a ski mask to keep my nose warm. Who knew that this year I would get my wish. :D I cleaned house and worked on my puzzle, which I’m trying to get done so I can move onto the Christmas card project that my boss gave me to do for the church this year and I need my table! While working on my puzzle I listened to a couple of podcasts from Low Carb MD. I LOVE this podcast too much. I started from episode one and for some reason, I really like listening to different doctors talk about health and weight. If anyone is interested in low-carb I really recommend it.

We are TWO months away from the first of the year!! Let's stay focused!! :grin:

NEW YEAR CHALLENGE: 60 Days until January 1st
    1. Fast Clean I fasted 23 and ½ hours
    2. Workout I did Beachbody Barre Blend and did 35-minute cardio.
    3. Eat on plan Today was my 500 calorie meal. I made taco zucchini boats which were very tasty! :)
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 691 Member
    raleighgirl09
    Monday check in

Wow, another new week upon us! I am in a cold spell here in central NC, I bet most of us are feeling it - except for maybe @TwistedSassette who is enjoying her spring moving into summer! Hope you had a great time at the office celebration of the race and enjoyed just the right amount of treats!
    @AustinRuadhain yay on a great weigh in, way to go!! => And, I *love* the recommendations and will be checking this out - the what the hell mentality. I think (based on the name alone, since I have not looked at it yet) that this is probably where my head takes me - and has had me of late.
    @Cornanda I really love your positives - you have come a long way since joining Slimpossibles; we see it and hope you do! => It really can and does translate into success both on and apart from the scale, the little wins are everything.
    @gwamajtw91 I save the half and then I'll split that with my honey the next day - so yes, I eat it again but only .25 the second time. I'll do that twice in a row if he doesn't want it but - - - oddly...that is never an issue! If I felt HONESTLY that I could not be trusted with it, I would throw it away but I have found better success with the share or split again method. I work hard for my money - and hard for my weight loss. The two do not need to live in isolation, I just need to plan.
    @buniphuphu I had one mini bar of Hershey's after dinner and savored it - it was good to have and I was glad the rest were in the freezer.... =>
    @Jactop mostMOST excellent weigh in, you are doing so well, so consistently! I had your rule in mind today for starting the water parade earlier and I started in the morning! Much easier!
    @OneSmallThingToday SHAZAM! That is an awesome way to start the month, congrats - way to go!
    @ChristBeforeCheesecake what a terrific weigh in, so delighted for you!
    @SammyDee2015 ohhhhhhhh man, we have all been there. The smart ones are doing it in a word doc. And then there's me, livin' on the edge...... B)

Hubs and I managed to get in a quick walk after work and before sundown so that's always a win! Had a few snacks this evening - the food parade started at almost dinner time, had an unintentional IF day, I guess, but anyway I chose a decent and small calorie snack this evening so I'm ok with it. Under for calories, on target for water and sleep was better than average. Steps over the goal of 10,000. Pre-planned but did not pre-log today - odd day that didn't have any meals start until almost dinner. I don't know that I'd want to do that on a regular basis but I did notice that because I kinda planned it this morning (not knowing it was going to grow into a few hours longer than I thought), I actually was not too hungry or crazy panicked or whatever. It was a no-drama affair. I bet @TeresaW1020 would have some insight into this phenomenon - totally not what I expected!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,550 Member
    leonadixon wrote: »
    Good morning everyone! I would like to rejoin for November with my weigh in day to be Tuesdays. I am 2 weeks post surgery on my neck and feeling extremely ready to be positive and join the world again!

Welcome back, I hope recovery is going well!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,880 Member
    @buniphuphu That's fantastic! And congrats on the loss of weight and inches, well done all around! Yes, it was a fun night. I know what you mean about feeling like you are forgetting something when you go back and try to track. Luckily, I didn't eat much that night so it was easy to track.

@anido1 I love the Walk From Home series!

@TeresaW1020 Hahaha your funny! I can't believe we are only 2 months away from a new year, gosh!!!

@adhmrh Thanks, I really do too. I hate to exercise. If I could just focus on my diet and not exercise, I would totally do it but I feel like I need to exercise, too. I'm glad to hear you got your stitches out. That must have been a relief. I love the fall, too, it's my favorite season. You did great on your goals yesterday! Woot woot!!!

Hello all. I hope you are having a good morning. I slipped on my goals yesterday, it was a busy day and my husband had a vacation day from work so I was distracted. I'm back at it today though.

Monday:
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    - track 90% of food intake - 100% accomplished
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night - not accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 75% accomplished
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day - not accomplished
    - put my utensil down between bites - 100% accomplished
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything - 100% accomplished
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal - not accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
    - put my utensil down between bites
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    edited November 2020
    Monday check in:
    1. No sugar ✔ 8 sugarfree days so far

2. Hydrate earlier in the day ✔

3. 30 min of activity per day ✔
    Cornanda wrote: »
    A couple ways this group helps me: I like to read the posts and when I log on to do that, I'm more likely to track my food. If I feel things are going south, I log on to read posts and you terrific people help me get things headed back in the right direction!

So true. Reading posts and linked articles really help me stay on track.

@AustinRuadhain love the links you post. Thanks for doing all the research and sharing your wisdom.

@TwistedSassstte how about getting an alarm that's embarrassingly loud (like a kitchen timer) and putting it out of reach so you have to get up to reset it when your watch timer goes off?

@buniphuphu Wow the amount of inches you've lost is sooo impressive. That must feel wonderful.

Asparagus takes 3 years to grow then depending on your weather you can harvest some for several months. You can still plant roots this year if you can find them. Fresh asparagus is so tender it rarely makes it to the house. We snap it off and eat it right from the garden.

@gwamajtw91 I intentionally plan on a takeout box to keep me from eating the whole meal. I leave enough to not be embarrassed to ask for a box. If it makes it past my 23yr old son then I eat it the next day. Here we call it a Doggie Bag. Maybe that's where it should go lol.

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited November 2020
    Monday Check-in
    🟢Food on plan, weighed, logged
    🟢Calories in Green
    🟢Workout - 50 min/6 days
    🔴Breathing Ex (10 min)
    🟢Martial Arts forms - 2/day
    I changed up my breathing exercises, made the time commitment bigger, and then never did started. I am making this a TINY ask going forward (though I can always do more)!

Food win: For those who love to eat seasonal produce -- I always forget just how good freshly roasted pumpkin seeds are. I have a pumpkin roasting this morning. I toasted the seeds and included some in my breakfast. Yum! I am hoping to score another pumpkin or two this season!

@Jactop
    You are most welcome. And FYI -- I do the reading for my own self. Like you, I find that reading posts here and reading articles and books both help keep me on track.
    Also - I had to laugh about the son eating leftovers. That would totally happen at our house. My son is a teenager, and the amount of food it takes to keep him going is amazing! We rarely eat out, and part of it is that he's too expensive to feed that way! :lol:

@leonadixon
    Hi again! It's so nice to see you checking in! :smile:

@adhmrh
    Boom! What a great weigh-in! :star:

@trooworld
    Hurray to having a great day with your husband, and hurray to being back on plan today! :smile:

@Katmary71
    Kathy, I somehow missed that your friend is someone you knew in high school. Fascinating to me, as there is literally nobody from my high school that I still talk to. Three of us went to the same university, but we drifted away during freshman year, and that was that. I have friended a few people from HS on Facebook, but that's not the same. Anyway, I am so happy you have such a great connection! It always tickles me that he comes with his cats!

Oh, and I have a new breathing technique book I have been reading, You might look up David Bidler, to see if he has anything to offer you.

@gharvey2753
    Woohoo! Great weigh-in! It looks like you had a better week than you thought, maybe? :smile:

@raleighgirl09
    The What the Hell Effect is likely just what you think it is! I love that it is so common that it has a name and has been studied. I feel less odd, and also I feel like I can choose differently if I notice what's happening!

@TeresaW1020
    Thank you for making me laugh with this!
    Today was another good day but it was cold here in Georgia. I went to Aldis this morning and actually didn’t complain about wearing my mask. Every year I always say I’m going to get a ski mask to keep my nose warm. Who knew that this year I would get my wish
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    I'm Lisa, from Jacksonville FL. I've been part of this group since Jan. Although I haven't lost much weight, I've learned some valuable things about myself. I definitely feel healthier than when I got here. I've struggled with my weight most of my life, but it's been much more challenging as I age. I'm 52, married. We have two kids who are away at college.

Well, here's some rambles.....

Today I read @AustinRuadhain 's new "what the H" article. I think I've been living that pattern for the past couple years! Non specific plan-- ie "be good"
    leads to minimal results
    and then to What the H. I've been starting to think about how I want to manage the holidays this year. With the kids out of the house, there are more healthy things I can make for dinner. (cuz no one complains!) Soon they will be home for at least 6 weeks! Plus holiday food.

Something else I've been thinking about. Sometimes it's not just the thing you're craving. It's all the leftovers that go with the thing. For example- I was craving pumpkin cake, so I made one. But I made it when we had company so I could send leftovers with them, I promised myself I would not pick at the leftover cake, I skipped my weekend treat of peanut butter for breakfast. For the company meal, we needed bread. Instead of making my favorite garlic cheese bread, I got garlic knots. Now I don't have a half a loaf of bread sitting around the rest of the week begging to be buttered and cheesed. The leftover knots are in the freezer where I cannot hear them if they call to me.

In the article it discusses the idea of giving yourself a time limit on what the H. I really like this idea for the holidays and I'm going come up with a plan along these lines. I've already worked on being kinder to myself and it definitely helps. Going to keep that up as well.

@raleigh_girl @TeresaW1020 Thank you for the kind words. <3
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    @gwamajtw91 I am one who would totally get the take-home box and eat it the next day. :grin: If you only have 5 lbs to lose have you thought about just calling yourself good, go into maintenance, and see if your body still wants to lose more weight. You and I are the same age and your current weight is actually lower than my goal weight. How tall are you? I think sometimes we can get caught up on the number and not think about how we feel and how our clothes look.

You make some valid points - I am 5'10" so technically have reached a "normal" BMI. Almost all of my clothes fit me again and I do feel so much better. I think I will finish out the year as best I can and re-evaluate then. Thanks for your words of wisdom!!

• SammyDee2015
    SammyDee2015 Posts: 285 Member
    Just checking in on all the awesomeness going on in here! 😎 Looking good!
    I am doing well enough on my goals though I am feeling truly exhausted this afternoon. A nap. That’s what I want. Too bad. Gotta ignore the brain a bit at first, I know that. So a treadmill trek is what I will get. I will sleep deeper at my normal time! 😉
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @adhmrh Wow!! Great weight loss this week and for the month! Way to go!!! B) And doing IF for 18 to 19 hours is great! I usually don’t have problems feeling week but if I do, I will take a little salt. I either shoot it straight into my mouth and chase it with water or I will mix a tsp. in hot water, which I really enjoy. I do recommend a good quality salt and not white table salt. I use Redmond’s Sea Salt because several of the doctors I follow use it and it’s very tasty. I’m glad that your mouth is almost healed. Fall weather and coffee lover! Girl, we could be best friends!! :grin:

@raleighgirl09 Why yes, I do have some insights into your “not to hungry” phenomenon. :p First, you already knew that you were going to go longer without food, so your mind had a chance to accept it. Another fact is that hunger doesn’t build but instead, it comes in waves. You might have felt a little hungry from time to time but if you just wait 10 minutes or so I find that it goes away for a while. Another fact is that stomach growling isn’t really from hunger but more from your body saying, “Hey Lady! Give me some food so I don’t have to go hunt it down from your thighs.” The body is really lazy sometimes. :grin:

@gharvey2753 Great weigh-in! You must not have indulged too badly. :)

@trooworld You didn’t slip too badly on your goals. And husbands can be so distracting, can’t they? ;)

@leonadixon Yes, your weigh-in is fine. We will get you all setup and I bet you end up having a great month! :)

@Jactop Good job on keeping to your goals yesterday! :)

@AustinRuadhain Mmmm roasted pumpkin seeds are good!! <3

@Cornanda You are making great choices on how to have the foods you want without going overboard with them! I like that you made the trade for the cake for the peanut butter and bought options where you wouldn’t have leftovers. That kind of planning will go such a long way towards helping you meet your goals. :)

@gwamajtw91 I’m glad that I could offer you something to think about with your weight. I do think it’s easy for us to get caught up on a number and stop thinking about all we have accomplished. :)

@Tw ;) istedSassette Yayyy for winning the race! And maybe some extra swimming will help burn off those extra tasty cookies.

Hi Team! Today was a good day. I woke up extra early and did my workout and went to the grocery store with my mom. I bought a couple of new sweatshirts in an X-lg and they are both almost too big. I’m trying to wrap my mind around the fact that the next size I will need will be a regular large. Wow!! Today was my day to eat two meals day and I’m full. I didn’t overeat at all but I am already looking forward to my 500 calorie day tomorrow. The scale hasn’t moved much but it’s early in the week so I’ll keep on doing my thing. I have Bible study tonight and it’s a good thing I love these ladies so much because I really just want to veg on the couch tonight and watch TV as the drama unfolds. :p

NEW YEAR CHALLENGE: 59 Days until January 1st
    1. Fast Clean I fasted 19 hours
    2. Workout Beachbody Barre Blend Legs
    3. Eat on plan Had my two meals and Greek yogurt with walnuts for a snack. I’m soooo full today!!
This discussion has been closed.