Mission Slimpossible - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• adhmrh
    adhmrh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I agree, we do have a lot in common. Thanks for the salt idea. I will try that!! Do you find that when you shop for clothes it is like you have to convince yourself you really can buy the smaller size? Its like we can't believe it is true. lol

@TwistedSassette enjoy the warm temps and swimming. It is getting cooler and cooler here!!!

@ChristBeforeCheesecake love the picture.

@OneSmallThingToday I'm with you, my hubby can eat any and everything and is still thin. I look at a cookie and it adds an inch on my hips.

@AustinRuadhain thanks!! I love roasted pumpkin seeds, especially sprinkled in butternut squash soup!!!

@trooworld hope you were able to enjoy your hubby's vacation day!!!

@Katmary71 I love to read also. My favorite day would be a good book, a good cup of coffee and a fire roaring in the fireplace.

@gharvey2753 Great weigh in!!!

The time change has really messed me up. I am struggling to get my workouts in. I made myself walk for 15 minutes while my hubby walked the dog. Tomorrow I must get a full workout in!!!

Tuesday Check In
    - log every bite: yes
    - 6,000 steps: yes
    - 30 mins exercise: 1/2 (15 mins)
    - drink 96oz water: yes
    - spend time in prayer and Bible study: yes
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,901 Member
    Options
    @adhmrh Holy cannoli! What a great loss, congratulations my friend! I hope this helps make up for some of the pain you experienced. What you describe as a favorite day would be my idea of a favorite day as well! :)

@AustinRuadhain Thank you!

@Cornanda That was a good idea to make the pumpkin cake when you had company, I do that too. Or, I make whatever it is I want, have a piece, and then take the leftovers to my inlaws and drop it off.

@TeresaW1020 Yes, they can be! I know you are going to have a hard time concentrating at bible study but try to keep your mind on your studies lol. ;)

@OneSmallThingToday Not fair! Lol How do you manage?

Hello all. I'm going to be totally distracted today and not get anything done. I'm surprised I was able to sleep last night. I'm pretty busy at work, so hopefully I WILL be able to concentrate. I need to up my water intake quite a bit today as I ate pizza for dinner last night so I could watch the news. That's the goal I am going to focus on the most today: water consumption.

Tuesday:
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    - track 90% of food intake - 100% accomplished
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night - not accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 50% accomplished
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day - not accomplished
    - put my utensil down between bites - not accomplished
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything - 100% accomplished
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal - not accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
    - put my utensil down between bites
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Correction, day 42. not 59, rest ok:
    7 misses on first and 13 misses on second goal
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,607 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 What a great non-scale victory!! I can't wait till I can drop a dress size but I'm a bit away from that yet.

@OneSmallThingToday Good for you on being proactive. That forward planning really helps! I know exactly what you mean about the "Manimal" (that cracked me up!) as my hubby is the same. Or I should say WAS the same. All those years of poor diet caught up with him in the last year or so and he has now been diagnosed with T2 diabetes and high blood pressure. Now he is beginning to understand why I fuss so much about eating well...

@adhmrh A 15 minute walk is better than nothing at all. A non-zero day!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Sounds like you've found a good groove - I hope it keeps going for you!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Yesterday was just average. I was super busy at work so hardly moved from my desk, but did go to the pool after work so that was good. Nutrition was not great - we ended up having pizza for dinner. Though I did have a small victory in reducing my portion size. I actually didn't clear my plate! So I did finish the day with a very small deficit, which is another small victory in itself.

Today is my last day of work for the week. I'm planning to do some exercise tonight and have a nice sleep in tomorrow.

100 DAY CHALLENGE GOALS
    Day 43: Wednesday 4 November
    1. Log calories eaten: Yes - 28/43
    2. 20 mins exercise: Yes - 23/43
    3. Record a calorie deficit: Yes - 23/43
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @adhmrh Yes, it’s hard for me to believe that I’m a smaller size. I bought a couple of new sweatshirts yesterday and I was sure that one of them was too tight and both my hubby and mom had to convince me that it fit just fine. :) Part of my problem is that I’m used to wearing clothes that are really baggy, so anything that comes close to hugging my body is weird. Do you have that problem too?

@trooworld How was your concentration at work? Did you drink extra water? :)

@vegan4lyfe2012 I hope all goes well with your experiment to see if breakfast will work for you. I have never been able to tolerate oatmeal. It always smells so wonderful and then tastes so bad. :grin: Great job on getting in all that walking!

@GabiV125 Great weigh-in!! You must have done something right. B)

@TwistedSassette That is great that you left some pizza on the plate and ended up with a deficit. You know how easy it is to just keep eating when something tastes good and ignore the signals that our body gives us that we are full. Enjoy your time off from work. :)

Hi Team! Today, was a long day. I went and had my hair cut and colored, which took over three hours because I had it colored with highlights and then went radical and got a lot of it cut off. I think it’s super cute and I received several compliments at church this evening. I’m going to try to get a new pic taken of me that I don’t hate and change out my profile pic on here. So, stay tuned! ;) I did well and stuck to my plan today. Last evening I was worried because I thought I had overeaten yesterday. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that need to go from eating a 500 calorie meal day to the next day where I have two full meals and even a snack. I understand the science but still, I worried. However, the scale was down again this morning and that is proof to me that not only is the IF plan I’m doing is working but that going low carb is definitely working. I’m really feeling hopeful that I just might get to a weight that I have only dreamed of in over 30 years.

NEW YEAR CHALLENGE: 58 Days until January 1st
    1. Fast Clean I fasted 23.5 hours
    2. Workout Took today off because I hurt my leg yesterday doing something stupid. But I don’t know what!
    3. Eat on plan Yes, I had my 500 calorie meal. Hamburger patty, cottage cheese, honey mustard pork rinds, and a cup of coffee for dessert.
  • adhmrh
    Options
    @trooworld thanks. It did make a little for the tooth pain, lol. You probably already do this, but the way I get all my water in is using a straw. It is the only way. I fill my Yeti, and take it everywhere I go. This helps me so much.

@vegan4lyfe2012 I love oatmeal. I have started trying overnight oats. Don't you love things that keep you feeling so full for so long!!! So glad you are feeling so good!!!

@GabiV125 great weigh in!!!

@TwistedSassette thank you for the reminder about non-zero day. I need to remember that!!! Good for you leaving some pizza on your plate, and coming in under in calories. Enjoy your day tomorrow!!!!

@TeresaW1020 yes, I have that problem too. For so long we try to hide in baggy clothes. Hard to get past that. Can't wait to see your new hair style!!!

@AustinRuadhain you are rocking the Green!!!!

I love Wednesdays, but boy are they long. Nothing like hanging out with kids and teenagers at church. Hopefully they keep me young. Finally got back on track and got a workout in today!!!! Woo-hoo, it was good!!!

Wednesday Check In
    - 30 mins exercise: YES!!!
    - no sweets: yes
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    leonadixon wrote: »
    @TeresaW1020 I have not weighed myself all month. I will use the last one I recorded here if that's ok.

Username: leonadixon
    Weigh in day: Tuesday
    PW (9/28/2020): 214
    Check in weight (11/3): 215.8

All set! Thanks and welcome back!
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In
    Username – bethanie0825
    Day – Tuesday
    PW – 224.6
    CW – 224.6

My name is Bethanie, I’m 36 y/o and live in between Raleigh and Fayetteville in NC. I’ve been on this team for at least a year and I love it. I no longer track my food on MFP and instead, use WW (same username there as well).

I'm still stalled but def not giving up or in. I need to buckle down on my eating and snacking. I haven't been tracking my food like I should so that's the focus this week. Working out is going well; I hit the gym Monday after I woke up. Hubs and I hiked 6.6 miles yesterday afternoon and I'm doing my walking at work tonight. I get a lot of my miles and steps in at work, walking in place or around my communications center.

I actually stole an idea from someone in here and type up any long posts in a Word document, then copy and paste into the reply box. I typically do longer posts from work (I'm a 911 dispatcher) and it usually takes me a few hours to type a post up.

@raleighgirl09 It did get chilly! I think it’s supposed to warm up this week which is fine by me. I had my windows open this afternoon and had a delightful breeze come thru my house.

@gwamajtw91 Eating out is my struggle! As a kid, eating out was a treat so we’d go all out and as an adult, I struggle to shake off that mindset. It’s just food and I can make smart choices and still enjoy myself and the food. Usually I don’t bring anything home but if I do, I’ll eat it the next day. When I know that we plan on eating out, I eat super light to save points (WW).
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,901 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Sounds like it was a good prize to win! That's great. Congrats on feeling so awesome.

@TeresaW1020 I actually was able to halfway concentrate lol! I got some work done. I drank more water than the day before but not enough water, so that's progress. That's exciting that the scale keeps going down. I'm so happy for you! :D

@adhmrh I do not use a straw but I don't think I can because I use a very large (25 oz) bottle to drink from and I don't think my straw will fit in it. Maybe I'll try using a glass instead today and a straw and see if I drink more? Congrats on a great day, wow you had all yes's!!!

@raleighgirl09 I'm so sorry about your stepfather, and about your friend's reaction. I don't think anyone would think it would be easy to see their parents go through that. Hugs to you. Interesting challenge...

Hello all. I have decided to prioritize self-care today. That means getting some exercise and meditating and drinking enough water. I've put the first two things on my calendar with reminders set. Hopefully, I don't ignore the reminders lol.

Wednesday:
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    - track 90% of food intake - 100% accomplished
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night - not accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 65% accomplished
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day - not accomplished
    - put my utensil down between bites - not accomplished
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything - 100% accomplished
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal - not accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
    - put my utensil down between bites
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Wednesday Check-in
    🟡Food on plan, weighed, logged
    🟢Calories in Green
    🟢Workout - 50 min/6 days
    🟢Breathing Ex (10 min)
    🟢Martial Arts forms - 2/day
    I added half of a vegan weight loss bar/shameless treat, so giving "on plan" a yellow light, as it does not work to eat those as a rule. I tossed the other half after a bite, deciding that I didn't really want any more. "Not worth the calories," as Prue Leith would say. It seemed like I needed something chocolate adjacent until I had it in my mouth, so I stopped. Yay! Stayed in the green for calories yesterday (once I factor in a syncing issue with gadgets), so overall good for the day. Not bad.
    Project work was a big red light, and I am off to work on that! And I have a food plan. And a promise to myself to spend less time on social media today.

@trooworld
    I hope your self care today goes well!

@Katmary71
    Hurray for that calories under day! I hope today is a good day for you. I wish you could see the neurologist sooner, but am glad that is at least on the calendar. Sending hugs and best wishes!

@raleighgirl09
    I am so sorry about your stepfather. That sounds so hard. And I am sorry you felt dismissed by your friend, even though you can see it was unintentional.
    "Things could be worse" is one of those terribly unhelpful things that I have to work to avoid saying, to myself and to others, and you are reminding me of why that kind of automatic response can be so unhelpful.
    "no more chocolate in the house! Is that a win........???" Um, maybe! I am reminded that I saw a story this morning about how Google searches for junk food ("chocolate near me," "ice cream near me," etc.) were way up this week. Fancy that. You have company.

@bethanie0825
    Hurray for your not-giving-up attitude! With all your energy and determination, you'll find a way to get there!

@broncobuddee
    Quick note of thanks. I so appreciate your managing weigh-ins!

@admrh
    Hurray to being back on plan and double hurray to keeping up with the teenagers!*

And a big yes to the power of having some form fitting clothes! There's nothing like pants getting tight to have me get serious about changing gears!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    I saw this and liked it!

Such a great reminder that if we can avoid the what-the-hell effect, we will win through to our goals by continuing to make many small choices!

0z8o1k6j7l4l.jpg
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options

@Katmary71 ((((Hugs)))) to you! <3

@trooworld How did the self-care go? :)

@AustinRuadhain LOVE that James Clear quote!! This year I have been all about building my good choices on top of each other and I really feel that I'm going to get the body I want. ;)

@raleighgirl09 I am so sorry to read about your stepdad’s cancer prognosis. You are right that it’s not easy at all to watch your parents slip away. My pastor is doing that right now with his parents and it’s painful to watch him having to make some really tough choices. Both my mom and my husband are 77 years old and I don’t like to think of the day when I’m going to have to face the same kind of tough choices but it will come rather I want it to or not. Prayers for you, my friend. <3

CHALLENGE: Put on baggy clothes and take a selfie. Put on more form fitting clothes and take a selfie. Show the selfies to friends/family and ask their opinion. I was amazed years ago when I realized.....baggy clothes just make us look - bigger. In the effort to hide, we accentuate the very thing we hope to hide. STARE at your selfies and de-focus on the small details (the bulge here or there or the dimples, whatever evil your inner voice is screaming) and just look at the overall impression. Notice that with the more form fitting, there are some curves, some shape and some definition to the body. It's ok to recognize a desire to lose or continue losing....affirming that does not take away from acknowledging that a wad of clothing around your waist, puffed 3 inches past it, makes it look bigger. It is ok to affirm what is good at the same time you acknowledge further progress is needed.

Worlds will not collide with this understanding - they will open up and become more tolerable given the acceptance of the now living alongside the vision of the future.

Challenge accepted!! B) You know that I’ve lost almost 70 lbs since January 2018 and while I know that wearing a 3X looks ridiculous on me, most of the time I’m still in the mindset that I’m still as big and need to continue covering myself up. I will do the challenge tomorrow and take pictures. And I might just post them on here. ;)

Hi Team! I had a good day today doing a walk on the treadmill and deep cleaning my bathroom and bedroom. Then my back started acting up again. I really don’t know what to do. I guess I’m going to have to go to the doctor at some point. Not really wanting to go the injection route but I might have to. I have to admit that for the first time I’m not as excited to decorate for Christmas. I usually do it all in a couple of days but this year I’m starting next week so that I can try to avoid overdoing it. The good news is that my weight was down more this morning and right now I’m down 2 lbs for the week. Hopeful to get a little more off by Friday. :)

NEW YEAR CHALLENGE: 57 Days until January 1st
    1. Fast Clean I fasted 18 hours
    2. Workout 30-minute treadmill walk and a deep clean of my bathroom and bedroom.
    3. Eat on plan Today is my two meal day and I'm keeping it Keto.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Yeah. First try at the word document idea today..... let’s see how this works out.

@theresaw1020- A fashion conscious friend told me that you don’t do yourself any favors wearing baggy clothes. Hugging your figure doesn’t always work, but baggy can also make you look bigger than you are. And just read @raleighgirl09 thoughts and she knocked it out of the park. I’m not thin and I need loose right now. But I’m a pear so if I can show I have a waist I overall look thinner....... Baggy does not emphasize the waist. Can’t wait to see the new hair! Oops, now I hit a second post of yours about your back. Have you tried doing any regular back exercises? I know people who can stay on track painwise with those, but if they stop, issues pop up.

@austinruadhain- you are rockin’ your plan! Wow! So impressive.

@bethanie0825- you go on the buckling down girl!

@raleighgirl09- LOVE YOUR CHALLENGE! I have a couple of photos I might consider posting for feedback. Anyone?!?!?!?

Freezer chocolate? Banished is good. I do keep dark chocolate kisses in my house. If I eat 3 that seems a lot, and doesn’t do much damage. Step Dad is super hard. Yes, it’s great you still have parents, but that’s not the point. They are at a difficult spot and they know it and that’s very sad. For them and for you. Will keep you in prayer. It’s my feeling that when parents age or pass the world tilts. When you get closer to being the oldest generation in your family, that’s really something that makes you think.

@katmary71- thinking of you. Our health care system needs some work. You’ve been super determined the whole time I’ve been a part of this group and I have faith that you can put your diet back in order taking small steps.

Today was not the best. I skipped exercise- something I have not been doing lately. Feeling anxious about the election. Been going back sporadically to one of my jobs..... Today was a day I worked. Too complicated to explain, but the job involves the travel industry, so business has been crashed due to Covid. I’ve done this job for 10 years but felt like a newbie today. Someone else rearranged the office- so I’m searching for stuff and I just wasn’t in my groove. I take a lot of pride in my work, so it didn’t feel good. Tomorrow is my weigh in day. I was up at least 2 pounds today. But. TOM. And sometimes you get weigh in day magic. Will not be too dejected tomorrow no matter what. Will just pick myself up, dust myself off and start all over again!

Happy Friday Eve all!
  • adhmrh
    Options
    @SammyDee2015 Great weigh in!!!! Love your mantra for next week.

@Cornanda Sending good weigh in vibes your way. Sorry work was a little frustrating today. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to work in the travel industry during a pandemic.

@TeresaW1020 I'm counting on seeing those pictures on here!! Praying you have some relief from the back pain!!!

@AustinRuadhain Good for you throwing away the rest of that bar. I agree - don't eat if you don't really like it. No sense wasting good calories.

@trooworld Hope you were successful with "self-care" today!!! Did you get your water in??

@Katmary71 Sending hugs and happy thoughts your way.

@raleighgirl09 I'm sorry to hear about your father in law. Keeping him in my prayers. My parents live with us and I agree it is hard to watch them age.

@bethanie0825 wow hiking 6.6 miles. That is awesome. I look forward to being able to go that long. Not sure that will happen though. lol

This has been another long, but good day. Thankful tomorrow starts my weekend. Hubby and I are going to go try a new Indian restaurant tomorrow night. Looking forward to that, and a little down time this weekend.

Thursday Check In
    - 30 mins exercise: YES!!!
    - no sweets: yes
This discussion has been closed.