Mission Slimpossible - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,569 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I don't remember if you ever mentioned this but have you looked into proper body mechanics? I was in physical therapy for years so I learned a lot but still forget when I'm trying to just hurry and get things done. Just an idea, I know the thought of injections isn't a light one. Congratulations on the weight loss!

@raleighgirl09 I'm so sorry to hear about your stepfather's cancer. Prayers to all of you.

@AustinRuadhain I love that quote! It's a good reminder that not all my habits have slipped away this year.

@Cornanda Thank you! I'm a pear too, it's so annoying sometimes. You'd think some of the weight I gained could go back to my boobs but it's straight to my hips and thighs. That's why I lost too much, by the time I liked how the bottom looked the rest of me was too thin! I guess it means we're more likely to not have heart problems from weight collecting in the abdomen as easily so there are pros to it.

Thursday check-in
    Calories- under
    Exercise- stretching, arm resistance bands, back strengthening

I'm feeling a little better mentally tonight, one of the meds I started I talked to my doctor about going off of when we went over my old lab work (I already halved the dose before we talked) and I'm actually awake tonight. It didn't help my pain at all, I took it when I went to a pain clinic but I was on so much stuff then I never knew if it made a difference or not and apparently it doesn't so no reason to take it, it's one of two I'm on that can cause weight gain as well. I was on a medication that caused weight gain when losing and I lost way slower than the data said but I was able to work out a lot then. Now I'd just like to be under 150 by the end of the year, I'm right above it so it's doable even with not being able to do cardio for now. On a bright note my supplements are improving my vitamin deficiencies. Now it's waiting for the huge amount of lab results at the end of the month.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Yay for throwing out something not worth the calories instead of just eating it because it was there!!! :) Yes, self-care went pretty well yesterday, thanks! The image you posted: sooooo good!

@TeresaW1020 It went pretty well: I DIDN'T glue my eyes to politics all day, instead I put on the 1st Wave station on SiriusXM radio. It is a sort of new wave/progressive 80s music station on satellite radio. It kept my mind off politics while I worked. I started drinking water early yesterday and drank a lot of water: over 75 oz! I also took a nice nap after I got off work and I texted with a couple of friends to check in with them. So, self-care was a hit yesterday! I'm sorry your back is acting up. It would be a good idea to break up your decorating, I hope that helps. Woo hoo for being down 2.5 lbs!!! What an excellent weigh-in. You are so inspiring!

@adhmrh Thank you! Yes, I did a lot of self-care (see above to @TeresaW1020 for details), it was very successful I'd say. I was practically swimming in water by the end of the day lol! And you had another great day, too! Wow, consistency is wonderful. Enjoy the Indian restaurant tonight. What do you like to get?

Hello all! I'm going to continue to strive for self-care today. I won't obsess about politics, I'll drink enough water, I may exercise and meditate BUT if I choose not to I won't beat myself up (that's part of self-care, too, I think). Have a great day, everyone!

Thursday:
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: over
    Exercise: walk
    - track 90% of food intake - 100% accomplished
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night - not accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 100% accomplished
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day - not accomplished
    - put my utensil down between bites - not accomplished
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything - 100% accomplished
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal - not accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
    - put my utensil down between bites
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda – Poop Poop Poop. That dang TOM! I’m sorry. At least you know why, though. Hugs!

@davidji82 – Awesomesauce on the loss!

@davors19 – Hugs!

@trooworld – Nice job on the water :smiley:

@TeresaW1020 – Woot Woot on the loss!

I have been doing great starting each morning with a hot grain cereal breakfast and making sure to get a walk in each day. Yesterday I had quite a few calories left over and was feeling hungry pretty late. I made a salad…lots of greens and veggies…and topped it with a vegan chik patty and home made tahini dressing. Before bed, I logged everything and was all like, “Dang, Jennifer! You’re doing great! Still have 60 calories left.” I went to bed and my eyes popped open 30 minutes later and I said, “Dang, Jennifer! You forgot to add the patty!” This morning, I added it and it put me over calories by 110. Still well within maintaining, so I’m not even going to fret :) Normally, I would’ve really beaten myself up over it. But not this time. I still went for my walk today and am still making good choices.

Thanks for being here, all you awesome losers!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,569 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I noticed your avatar right away then scrolled down to respond and have to say I love your hair! That shirt looks great on you too! I hated it but I learned a lot when I was in Occupational Therapy like moving things with the weight at your core. I always have to remember to move with the vacuum cleaner like a dance and not just shove my arm around.

@trooworld Not beating yourself up is definitely part of self-care, I hope you did a good job of it today.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Don't you hate when that happens!? There's always something I forgot to log, I'll remember it in the middle of the night or the next day. It's usually just enough to go over too!

Check-in
    Calories- under (I think that's 4 days now!)
    Exercise- arm cardio (trying a little), core, stretching

• CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Username mss9675
    CW 186.2
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    apple852hk wrote: »
    Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 1 - Nov 2020 Sunday
    PW 132.9lbs (60.3kg)
    CW 133.8lb (60.7kg)
    LTD about 45.8lbs (20.8kg)

Gained - not eating properly and just eating chocolate instead of meals. Things happening meaning I don't have access to a kitchen or prepare my own meals.

It is lockdown this coming week so not sure if I'll be good and not eat chocolate but least buy a sandwich to eat instead.

I did go for a pub desk and maybe that's why I got on a bad train of eating bread and potatoes instead of more nutritious protein.

GOALS:
    1. Eat a meal instead of chocolate
    2. Drink less coffee and tea

Have a good week ahead🥰

Chocolates or any sweets are my weakness. I know how you feel. The lockdown doesn't help either, last lock down I was making different desserts everyday. Just for having weakness I have given up chocolates for a while and decided next dessert I will eat is around Thanksgiving. If I crave something I will have protein bar that actually helps with my sweet cravings. If you like you and I can do one on one challenge who makes the entire week without sweets! We can post it on the group chat on how we did?
  • trooworld
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh in week: Week 1
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 226.2
    Todays Weight: 226.6
    Loss To Date: 21.4
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Cornanda I know, right? I could use one this week, too! Hugs to you.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Thank you! You are doing so well, WTG!

@TeresaW1020 I LOVE your new hair, it looks so good on you. That's cool that you like that music too! <3 You look great in your new photo. The photo in the Quad Cities shirt, you look so sad and kind of frumpy, but in the other one you just beam! I love that you did that.

@Katmary71 Thanks, I did do self-care and I didn't beat myself up. :)

Hi all. I don't know why I feel the need for self-care, but I am feeling an extra need for self-care right now. I think the weight of the world and all the fighting and hatred is getting to me. Then, on top of that, I gained at the scale. That was just a kick in the pants. Yesterday, I didn't glue my eyes to politics like I did the first day of the election (and the 2nd). I listened to more 80s new wave/pop/progressive music while I worked. I didn't work too hard, as I finished a big project and celebrated by relaxing a bit. As usual, I didn't sleep well, so I took a nap after work (this isn't usual, the not sleeping well is usual). I'm making a hug in a bowl today: turkey chili in the slow cooker! And might take a nice relaxing bubble bath later. Take care, everyone.

Friday:
    Calories: over/under: over (by 1 point!)
    Water: over/under: over
    Exercise: walk
    - track 90% of food intake - 100% accomplished
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night - not accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 100% accomplished
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day - not accomplished
    - put my utensil down between bites - not accomplished
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything - 100% accomplished
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal - not accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
    - put my utensil down between bites
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    Digger61
    Weigh in Saturday
    PW:205
    CW: 207
    Week 1
  • Firefly743
    Firefly743 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Firefly743
    Week 1 Weigh In
    PW: 294.8
    CW: 293.2
  • adhmrh
    adhmrh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Good morning, happy Saturday everyone. So glad today is a new day!!! Indian food did not disappoint! Love the Butter Chicken (sounds far more fattening than it really is, lol). Hubby had a wonderful lamb dish. Even went shopping and got a couple of pairs of new shoes. After that it went a bit down hill. I really wanted dessert - dreaming of bread pudding. But, we did not stop for dessert. So I started having a pity party for my pity party. I was really struggling, just because I didn't get dessert, a dessert I really shouldn't eat anyway. When we got home (it is an hour drive into the town where the restaurant was) I decided I would eat two of my small 3 musketeers. So I blew my fast, my no sugar November and had a general bad attitude. On top of that I didn't exercise yesterday either. So now that I have shared all my negative, I am going to do a little "self-care" (thank you @trooworld ) and realize a few things: I had a wonderful dinner with my hubby, a rare occasion for us to go out just the two of us since my parents live with us. I somehow managed to stay within my calories. I scored two great pairs of shoes I was able to take my parents to nice craft market and we all found some fun things and enjoyed the time. Overall, yesterday wasn't too bad, I will not give myself too hard of a time. Today calls for a huge pot of vegetable soup, lots of college football and friends coming over for both!

@TeresaW1020 so glad you posted the pics. You look great! You definitely need to wear that top out!!!

@Firefly743 great weight loss!!!

@davidji82 awesome weigh in!!!

Friday checkin:

- log every bite: yes
    - 6,000 steps: yes
    - 30 mins exercise: no
    - drink 96oz water: yes
    - spend time in prayer and Bible study: yes
    - no sugar: no, blew that
  • adhmrh
    adhmrh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Last minute plea for some week one weigh-ins:

@adhmrh

Thanks!

I posted mine on Nov 3. My weigh in day is Tuesday. Let me know if you need me to repost.
This discussion has been closed.