Replies

• broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    adhmrh wrote: »
    Last minute plea for some week one weigh-ins:

@adhmrh

Thanks!

I posted mine on Nov 3. My weigh in day is Tuesday. Let me know if you need me to repost.

So sorry @adhmrh !

I found it - all set.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,569 Member
    Options
    @mss9675 I love your sweets idea! I've started doing that again, last year I went three months prior to Thanksgiving. Sugar is something I notice a difference as far as pain so for the most part I'm avoiding it again. I just started doing it although I may use maple syrup for a recipe.

@trooworld I know what you mean about the world, it's impossible not to get stressed out right now, it's taking a lot of effort. Ironically I'm listening to Dead or Alive right now, haha! I have an 80s mix going on YouTube! I love turkey chili!

@adhmrh I loved how you reworded how your day went, it's so important to look at the positive side of things. It was one day too, that won't hurt you!

@itsmegina Have a great trip!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Saturday check-in
    Calories- right at, might be over 10 or so
    Exercise- arm cardio, stretching, core, arm resistance bands (trying to increase my workout again but slowly)

My parents came over (Mom did my hair, I had an inch of roots) then we met over at my brother's house for dinner. I haven't seen my nephews in 6 weeks, it was great to see them. My SIL ordered books for a gift and they sent 4 packages instead of 1 and told her to keep the extra 16 books so I have a new Wayne Dyer book to read. I was going to get her that for Christmas and I'm the moron who told her about the website and a free webinar! It was great to see everyone. AND I said NO to an ice cream sandwich! I had the stupid thing in my hands and my mouth was watering but I kept thinking how my pain seems to be worse when I eat sugar so I put it back in the freezer.
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options

Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 2 - Nov 2020 Sunday
    PW 133.8lb (60.7kg)
    CW 133.3lbs (60.5kg)
    LTD about 45.8lbs (20.8kg)

Maintained really - not eating properly but having a main meal at lunch.

Still munching through chocolate when energy is low.

Ate KFC on Wednesday not a burger but the chicken bits. Afterwards felt full but thirsty.

This week ahead I want to start eating breakfast as a habit again.

I spent most of last week not drinking tea which meant i didn't always go to the bathroom every 5 minutes. I did drink coffee as take out everyday though which was a treat.

GOALS:
    1. Eat breakfast as a habit than skip
    2. Drink less tea

Have a good week ahead🥰

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @adhmrh Oooh butter chicken is yummy! Bread pudding is my husband's favorite dessert. So you had two of your small 3 musketeers: at least you didn't go all out and have a huge dessert like you were craving! You controlled your craving, you didn't let it control you. And you managed to stay within your calories??? That's fabulous. I think you did pretty well. Start over with your sugar fast today. Hugs to you.

@Katmary71 Yes! A lot of effort. Dead or Alive, love them! Oh that chili...so good. That's great you were able to put the ice cream sandwich back, well done!

@apple852hk KFC is so salty! It's no wonder you felt thirsty.

@OneSmallThingToday What a beautiful sunset! Thanks for sharing.

Hi all. My chili came out really good yesterday, it was perfect because it was windy and cold (for Southern California) and rained off and on. By the way, if you find yourself in need of recipe inspiration, I'm part of a group here on MFP that shares their meal plans for the week. Please feel free to join us: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/138454-new-recipe-challenge You don't have to post your full meal plan, just post whatever you want.

Saturday:
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: ----
    - track 90% of food intake - 100% accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 30% accomplished
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day - not accomplished
    - put my utensil down between bites - not accomplished
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal - not accomplished
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
    - put my utensil down between bites
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember that even if your team doesn’t rank the highest in weight loss for the week you can still be the Green Percentage winner by having the most losses in your team! So keep it up!! B)

vyukjlzsheio.png
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »

3v7f1q83iv31.png
    [/center]

Congrats to our top winners this week!! Super proud of you all. B)

Hi Team! I'm just dropping in for a quick check-in. Today has been a little crazy because I decided to dig out all my Christmas decorations and right now it looks like a glitter bomb has gone off! I do love it so I can't complain too much. I know many think I'm doing it too soon but I have a lot going on this month and a Christmas party on December 6th and I want the house to look perfect. Plus, with all the crazy that is going on in this world, I'm just in the mood for some holiday joy. :) My diet is on point! I fasted 20 1/2 hours today and tomorrow is my 500 calorie day.

I've read all your posts and I'm sending you all great vibes for a wonderful week!! <3

• ChristBeforeCheesecake
    Options
    hi team! I'm here, I swear lol. Im catching up on all your posts since Tuesday! Our church has been holding prayer meetings in the evening all week so I have gone to some of those. It's great to have something to look forward to and get me out of the house at night when it's so easy to just fall asleep on the couch!
  • adhmrh
    adhmrh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness the weekend is almost over! It has been a wonderful, mostly relaxing weekend. Enjoyed time with family and friends, have done well with keeping food in check, got steps in but not so good with exercise. I will get with it again tomorrow. I have enjoyed reading each of your post. I also really appreciate how encouraging this group is. Thank you @trooworld and @katmary71 for your words. They really help lift when I was getting a bit down on myself.

@TeresaW1020 When you get all your decorations up come on down to Arkansas and help this girl out!!! :wink:

@OneSmallThingToday Love the picture!!!! Beautiful!

@Katmary71 Glad you got to enjoy some family time! Way to go not taking a bite of that ice cream sandwich. I know how tempting that is!!

@apple852hk Congrats on your loss this week!!!

@trooworld Thanks for the recipe link. I love finding new recipes to try. Your chili sounded really good. Hits the spot on a cool day!!!

Sunday Check In:
    - log every bite: yes
    - 6,000 steps: yes
    - 30 mins exercise: no, tomorrow I will do it, I must, I must!!!!!
    - drink 96 oz water: yes
    - spend time in prayer and Bible study: very uplifting church service today

Hope everyone has an awesome week!!!
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,607 Member
    Options
    Hi folks, I have been keeping up with your posts over the weekend but I didn't post any updates as I was using my phone and it doesn't work as well for posting! But I have been here, plugging away and keeping updated on all the goings on.

@Firefly743 Your post really got to me. I have health assessments for work as well, but they're more personal than yours! Ours include a functional fitness assessment - for which you have to step up and down off a box, do planks, and a number of other activities. I really don't see how my desk job requires any level of fitness, but I still have to do the same tests as the miners who work underground and need to be fit enough to climb a ladderway in an emergency! These corporate people who decide that this test determines your worth are full of crap, they have no idea. You should feel so proud of the changes you've made, don't let this arbitrary assessment drag you down!! Just imagine how you would have scored if you hadn't made the changes you've made so far?

100 DAY CHALLENGE GOALS
    Day 47: Sunday 8 November
    1. Log calories eaten: Yes - 29/47
    2. 20 mins exercise: Yes - 25/49
    3. Record a calorie deficit: Yes - 24/49
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @Firefly743 Oh no, I'm so sorry about your health assessment, how frustrating! it's annoying that anything you had previously is used against you. It's different in your situation but when I did genetic testing I had to answer a bunch of questions and it seems like I've had almost everything they asked, I felt more unhealthy after working my butt off to BE healthy! As for the kettle bells check out HASFit on YouTube, I know some of their routines are done with kettlebells but I don't have them so I'm not familiar with those specific routines, they do have some I've done with weights where one of the instructors uses a kettlebell. The other one who might is Sidney Cummings but again I've only done her ones with weights.

Sunday check-in
    Exercise- arm cardio, core, stretching
    Calories- under

• ChristBeforeCheesecake
    Options
    Username: ChristBeforeCheesecake
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 239.6
    Todays Weight: 240.3
  • OneSmallThingToday
    OneSmallThingToday Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Username: OneSmallThingToday
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    Previous weight: 272.8
    Today's weight: 271.6
    LTD: 68.2 lbs
  • TeresaW1020
    Options
    @Firefly743 Ugghhhh that assessment would have made me upset too and I really think most of it is crap. There are just too many things that need to be taken into account and plugging some numbers into a computer isn’t going to give you an accurate result. You need to celebrate the good things you have done for yourself! And yes, you need to work on the things you need to improve on. But like you said you can do that! I don’t usually plug my way of life, which is to do intermittent fasting, but have you thought about that at all? It has changed my life and I’ve read of so many people who have reversed their diabetes. Maybe look up Dr. Jason Fung and his Obesity Code and Diabetes Code books. He has some really good YouTube videos on these topics as well. In any event, we are here for you, and please feel free to vent anytime you need to. <3

@adhmrh HaHa I would love to come help you out with your decorations! I am doing my church at the end of the month and told my pastor’s wife that I was just taking over the entire church and making changes. She was thrilled! :grin: I’m so glad that you had a great weekend and I hope you will have a wonderful week. :)

@ChristBeforeCheesecake That is awesome that you have been doing a prayer meeting at your church. My church should do that something like that too! o:)

Let's have a great week!!! :)

6x0c7n8kuebe.jpg

• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    @Firefly743 - the test compared you with a fairly healthy person of your age, so because your particulars (diabetes etc) were not being counted, they did not weight in the result. If you can think of this as just a person’s (machine) opinion and trust yours more.
    You made enormous improvements into getting healthier and you are still working and finding better ways. These are big accomplishments to be proud of every day, regardless of a random test score.
    There so many ways to introduce light exercises into our life, with or without weights, and I trust you’ll find the ones that work for you. Two things are very important: always be safe (as in avoiding injuries) and second do not force yourself into doing exercises you hate, tweak and change until you find one you like. Be kind, gentle and patient with yourself .
    One more thing, when we start a new and more intense physical activity, our bodies will hold onto extra water and the scale would show an increase, but after a week or less it will release it. I’m saying this because it seems very likely how you gained on scale from walking. My humble suggestion is not to dismiss walking completely, just take it slow, on nice days, because there is something about being in nature that helps our moods, sleep, breathing and cannot be recreated inside.
    Wish you good luck in your journey!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,903 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I think it sounds like a perfect time to decorate! <3 Enjoy!

@adhmrh Congratulations on your top spot win this week, well done!!! The chili was really good.

@Firefly743 I'm sorry about that assessment. I've taken a "Real Age" assessment before and it put me way over my age, too. You pointed out some really good things that I just want to circle back to: these assessments don't take into account the changes that you've made, the NSVs (non-scale victories) you've had, and other important factors. They just aren't fair. It must have been incredibly frustrating to try to do something towards better health (start walking) only to gain weight instead. Remember when you start your journey with your kettlebells that you might see a gain at first: building muscles sometimes retains water. It's only temporary, but it might happen. I'm glad you wrote your post, it's nice to hear from you!

Sunday:
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: ----
    - track 90% of food intake - 100% accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 50% accomplished
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day - not accomplished
    - put my utensil down between bites - not accomplished
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal - not accomplished
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
    - put my utensil down between bites
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh-in day: Monday
    Previous weight: 190.5
    Today's weight: 189.3
    LTD: 35 lbs
This discussion has been closed.