Mission Slimpossible - November 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Wednesday
    PW: 130.8 lb
    CW: 130.8 lb

I was waiting and hoping to drop in the next 10’s, but it didn’t happen and probably it’s going to be a while with my rate of 1lb/mo.
    I’m off work today and it’s going to rain all day so my plan of walking 2h is out and I have to choose between running errands or watching tv while on the stationary bike . I did not touch the bike in almost 2 months and I’ll break that “fast” today.

100 days challenge, day 51, Nov 10:
    - eat within calories: ✅, 39/51
    - walk 14,000 steps ✅, 36/51
    I played with my spreadsheet and changed the failing count as over maintenance for eating and under 12,000 for steps. Changed little on the spreadsheet, but a lot in my head and I’m grateful for these posts for teaching me to be flexible and patient.
    Have a good day everyone!
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,540 Member
    I am having arguments with my scale this week due to sodium-related water retention! I did overeat last night, but not enough to have gained 1kg overnight! Hoping today is a little more normal for eating and then I can get back to what I know my actual weight is. We've had a lot of takeaway food this week and it's really affecting me - I feel so bloated! Tonight I will be cooking fish so that should be nice.

Can you believe we are halfway through our 100-day challenge?! :open_mouth:

100 DAY CHALLENGE GOALS
    Day 50: Wednesday 11 November
    1. Log calories eaten: Yes - 32/50
    2. 20 mins exercise: Yes - 27/50
    3. Record a calorie deficit: No - 25/50
  • SammyDee2015
    SammyDee2015 Posts: 285 Member
    Daily check in - Wednessay.
    Managed to drink a huge glass of water instead of binging on sweets in the wee hours last nite ( yay me) and although I oopsied today I made sure my intake of calories balanced well, if not my macros.
    Charging on... to infinity and beyond!! 🌸
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    I'm going to have to catch up tomorrow, some stuff came up tonight.

Calories- under
    Exercise- arm cardio, arm resistance bands, stretching, core
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,572 Member
    7y8lejqwt0qx.jpg

Good morning, Slimsters!
    Catching up here after a couple of crazy busy days.

Yesterday went well. I stayed on track with food and got in over an hour of exercise.

@trooworld
    👐🏽 I am so glad you had a better day. I think paring down those goals is a smart thing. If we make goals to much of a stretch and can't win day-to-day, they aren't so helpful.

@Katmary71
    👍 Yay for calories under and a great exercise day yesterday! I hope today is going well, and that you feel well enough to "earn" another shower.

@SammyDee2015
    🌊 Woohoo! Water instead of a late night snack -- what a great win! And double yay to being in the green for the daily calories! And as to fantabulousness -- oooh, than you for yours!

@TwistedSassette
    🧂 Water/sodium related weight bounces can be frustrating, and you sound like you are taking it in stride, which is great! I hope last night's fish dinner put you on track for a more normal water level and weight number!

@GretchenReine
    👐🏽 Oh, my. I am sending all best wishes that the quarantine is just an inconvenience. And in the midst of that, I am impressed that you got your weigh-in done! You are so determined!

@GabiV125
    ✅ Hurray for maintaining! It sounds like you are losing at a slow, steady rate that works for you! And I'll bet breaking the "bike" fast helps nudge things along -- great choice!

@TeresaW1020
    💗I loveloveLOVE your graphic from yesterday, about not focusing on a diet with an expiration date, but on making long-term changes!

@leonadixon
    Oooh, you go, girl! Awesome weigh-in! And hurray for figuring out what the right level of exercise is for you and your body right now.

@admrh
    🔥 This was all so inspiring to me! I love the goals and the accountability to yourself and what you want, and I superduper LOVE the not getting stopped!
    Log every bite and stay within calories: 7/7 days
    30 mins exercise: 4/7
    6,000+ steps: 7/7
    Drink 96 oz water: 6/7
    7-8 hrs sleep: 6/7
    No sweets: 6/7
    Prayer and Bible Study: 7/7

I am definitely healthier no matter what my scale says this morning. The scale will not determine my determination. Today is the start of a new week!

@raleighgirl09
    🎉 Congratulations on the new job! That is great news! It sounds like you have found something that may be a really great match for you! So wonderful!
    I hope your stepdad's appointment goes well today, as well as it can. 👐🏽
    As you say, you so know what to do about the weight going up a little bit. Let us know if there is anyway to support you in the doing (the hard part!).

@buniphuphu
    🎉 Congratulations on the great weigh-in! A big WOW to your pictures. So inspiring!

@broncobuddee
    Well, I have reeled all the way back to Monday and am not seeing my check-in post. I think I had a typed-but-lost-it moment.
    I did weigh-in and I weighed exactly the same as the previous week.
    AustinRuadhain
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Previous Weight: 138.5
    Nov 2 Weight 137.8
    Nov 9 Weight: 137.8
    My plan for the rest of this week -- more greens, less fruit, more exercise! 🥗🏃🏽‍♀️
    Especially the more exercise. External events are being so anxious-making for me, and I have friends and family members who want to talk lots about it all, and it leaves me feeling anxious. More sweat and more time outside walking may help!
  • TwistedSassette
    @SammyDee2015 your post reminded me of this image I saw the other day - all our small choices add up so good on you for that little victory!
    7j5bjkth2xai.jpeg

@trooworld I think this probably applies to you as well - having too many goals can feel like climbing the ladder on the right!

Happy Friday everyone!! Look at me, actually checking in here on my phone on my day off work! I usually go AWOL here on weekends as I usually check in from my work computer (shhhh don’t tell my boss!).
    I made the fish last night and finished with a great deficit. The scale was down slightly today, but not as much as I’d hoped. But I know it will move with time so today I’ll be making sure to get a lot of water in and stay active.

100 DAY CHALLENGE GOALS
    Day 51: Thursday 12 November
    1. Log calories eaten: Yes - 32/51
    2. 20 mins exercise: Yes - 28/51
    3. Record a calorie deficit: Yes - 26/51
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    @trooworld So glad today was better for you!

@TwistedSassette I too love that picture, thank you for posting it!

Thursday check-in
    Exercise- arm cardio, core, stretching, cat petting
    Calories- under
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @AustinRuadhain Thanks. I'm glad, too, I hate being miserable lol! I agree with what you said about goals...spot on! Congrats on having a good day yesterday and getting in that exercise.

@TwistedSassette Yes! I love this image, thanks for this. <3 That's great you had a healthy meal of fish and the scale went down. Here's to the scale staying down!

@TeresaW1020 Thank you, I am continuing to feel better and I'm so glad. Sometimes the depression and anxiety can last for a bit and it makes it hard to do anything. :( re: changing my goals...I have learned from all of you! You guys are the smart ones. ;) That's too bad that the cleaning guy ignores the unused pews. But Yay for steps! Congrats on the loss, you are doing amazing!!!

@Katmary71 Thanks, me too! How are you doing?

Hi all. I did not track yesterday (except my breakfast) and I feel a little lost because I didn't track, I may go back and track what I ate. Even though I was off yesterday, it ended up being a busy day. I went and got groceries, went to Joann Fabrics, and took a nap, and then picked up my husband from work. Luckily, I had put carnitas in the crockpot because I know I wouldn't have wanted to cook last night.

Wednesday:
    Calories: over/under: ???
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    - track 90% of food intake - not accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 50% accomplished
    - put my utensil down between bites - not accomplished
    - put my utensil down between bites
  • TwistedSassette
    Fantastic weigh ins from @davidji82 @TeresaW1020 @Cornanda - great work!!

@trooworld Sounds like some kind of day. I’m glad you could take a nap and already had dinner sorted! I hope today is a better day.

I’m pleased to report that MIL has gone home! She still needs a daily IV but the doctors want to see her every couple of days and she needs to start physio so it wasn’t going to work to bring her back here. We didn’t mind helping her out, but she just makes it twice as hard as it needs to be so hubby & I are both glad to be able to go back to normal!
    My water weight is gradually dropping still. I’ve had a few dinners out for work this week so that’s messed me up a little. But I’ve been quite active and still tracking so I know it’s just water retention and will go away soon enough.
    This weekend is forecast to be HOT (tomorrow will be 40C/104F!) so hoping to spend more time in the pool!

100 DAY CHALLENGE GOALS
    Day 52: Friday 13 November
    1. Log calories eaten: Yes - 33/52
    2. 20 mins exercise: Yes - 29/52
    3. Record a calorie deficit: Yes - 27/52
  • TwistedSassette
    ***WEEKLY WEIGH-IN***
    TwistedSassette
    Weigh in day: Friday
    SW: 138.3kg
    PW: 135.5kg
    CW: 135.4kg
    LTD: 2.9kg
  • SammyDee2015
    SammyDee2015 Posts: 285 Member
    THURSDAY CHECK IN Nov 12
    PW 191.4
    CW 195.2
    LTD -2.2 🙄
    TTL loss: 31.2 lbs
    PPE plan: =|> previous week. Nov 5-11:
    - 45,455 steps TTL 🔴
    - 2 Run/walk ( 5.7 Km ) 🔴
    - 3 Strength (110 Min) 🟢
    - 1 Yoga (30min ) 🟢
    - 3 HiiT (30 min) 🟢
    - 6 days food tracking 🔴
    Not a stellar week when I look at the numbers however my waist is down a full inch! I really pushed the weights on strength training so have a lot of DOMS which means inflammation so will expect a whoosh in the next couple weeks when my body adjusts to my improved commitment to making it pick up and put down heavy stuff 😆

Can I change my weekly weigh in day to Sundays? Forgot that was my ‘day’ in the past as its a better day for me all around to help focus on the week ahead.

Mantra for me this next week: to get outside of your head you must get outside of the house!
    🌸
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    THURSDAY CHECK IN Nov 12
    Can I change my weekly weigh in day to Sundays? Forgot that was my ‘day’ in the past as its a better day for me all around to help focus on the week ahead.

Mantra for me this next week: to get outside of your head you must get outside of the house!
    🌸

@SammyDee2015 - all set for Sunday. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.