LiLee's Journey to overall happiness

Replies

• jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Congrats on your lossπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜˜ Keep up the good work πŸ‘πŸ‘ Yes, kids need to go back to school and I can tell ya, my 2 kids just loved their 1st day back to school. So many stories when I picked them up from schoolπŸ˜‚
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Lol my 2 were comparing what they ate for breakfast and lunch at school and if they got to have recess. SIGH. I wish things were that simple for all of us.
    They've been doing good though so far!
    Unfortunately, spotted ringworm on my daughter last night on her leg. Weird spot and no idea where she could've gotten it. Either at church or at her granny's house. Makes me itchy just thinking about it!

Diet has been going pretty great I think. Tracking calories has been easy and it's becoming easier to keep calories within my limit. I mean.. there's still a part of me that wants to eat MORE!! But resisting that urge has become easier. Helps to have low calorie snacks.
    My weight is stalled at about 181 though. SIGH
    So frustrating, but I'm fairly certain it's just b/c I've been eating A LOT of high sodium stuff.
    Like my pork neckbone soup. I use A LOT of ramen seasoning in it. Then last night I fixed something w/ premade Italian sausage in it. Just sodium on sodium on sodium.
    So I'm hoping that I'll have a "whoosh" soon and will finally be back in the 170's!

Not tracking today though. Not sure if this will be a weekly thing, but I just need a break from tracking calories today. I'll still be somewhat aware of how much I'm eating, but I'm not tracking sh_T.

Oh and I chopped a lot of my hair off earlier this week. I was seriously seriously close to shaving my head. So tired of seeing my long hair falling out at such an alarming rate.
    I wouldn't look good with a shaved head though so just decided to cut it short. It's at my shoulders and OMG this was needed so much. Hair is getting greasier quicker b/c I keep running my hands through my hair. My hair is still coming out a lot, but well.. at least it's not super long pieces anymore? rofl
  • LiLee2018
    Weighed first thing this morning and 180.4. Yay! Finally getting out of the 181 where I've been stuck.
    Decided to weigh right before eating (and after pooping).. and saw 179.6. YAY!
    I haven't put that in to MFP officially, but will if I see it again later this week.
    Good grief though. FINALLY seeing some progress!!
  • jadepearl
    Congrats on your lossπŸ‘πŸ‘β€οΈ Keep up the good work and you will see 160s I no timeπŸ‘ŒπŸ˜‰
  • volgirl1322
    volgirl1322 Posts: 2,086 Member
    You are doing awesome!!
  • LiLee2018
    Thank ya Thank ya! :)

Things are going well here. I saw 177.4 this morning. Saw 178.4 yesterday but I did end up peeing A LOT during the day/night so I think that is where the sudden pound lost came from. I'll wait until next week to update my weight on MFP so FX it's still that low or even lower.

Calorie counting has been going pretty well. Some days I eat a little over, Some a little under so it all averages out at the end of the week.
    I've been doing pretty good with it though. Helps that I'm not limiting my food. So if I want some french fries (still craving it like crazy), I can have some.. just within my calories.

My hunger has been tremendous lately and I'm pretty sure it's just b/c of where I'm at in my cycle (about a week before period is due if things stay regular).
    I've been ok controlling it, but if I eat a little more, I'm not gonna worry about it.

Aaand yeah. THat's been it so far. Keeping myself busy trying to make my new christmas decorations so I can get them up.. hopefully before THanksgiving or right after.
    Good grief. I can't believe we're already at this time of year!!! 2020 can suck it though! 2021 better be better!! lol

Oh and kids are doing great in school! So far so good. Got report card for my daughter and... lordy, I really hope there isn't another shut down or she gets a cold or anything so has to stay home. Her grades were TERRIBLE when she was doing virtual. If she ever has to go back to it (which I'm sure will happen at least once)... I'll have to make her sit with me so I can make sure she's paying attention. SIGH!
  • jadepearl
    You are rocking, gf! <3:+1: Keep up the good work!
  • LiLee2018
    So I saw a 176.6 weight this morning after a good poop lol.
    I'm still not putting it in to MFP just yet, but I SEENT IT!
    That puts me at just 11lbs over my lowest. Slowly inching my way back there and then time to kick my own a-- so I don't gain weight back again so I can get to my ultimate goal! WOO!
    I don't want to dwell on that too much though. My ultimate goal could be a year or longer away just depending on my body and out of my control circumstances.
    Just gonna keep doing my thing and adjust if I need to. Keep doing these baby steps! Might be slow (sometimes), but I'll get there eventually!

My weight will probably be up the next few days. Food tonight was extra salty so I'm sure that's going to be at least a lb or 2 on the scale. PLUS AF should be arriving next week so I'm sure my body is extra excited to pack on some of that good ole hormonal bloat....... yay :neutral:

Excited for Thanksgiving. We've had a turkey in the freezer for a year now lol. I'm terrible at it, but I love at least trying to make a good turkey. (dry brine.... DRY BRINE IT!)
    PLUS I totally expect to gain like 10lbs on just that day b/c I'm eating EVERYTHING! Especially some stuffing and baked Mac & cheese.
    I don't even really want dessert (at least not at this moment).... I just want all the savory stuff!
    Crispy turkey skin (I guess w/ some meat too lol), gravy, deviled eggs, fresh baked rolls, just.... NOMNOMNOM. Give it to meeeeee.

Aaaand with that being said lol... my diet has been going well! I did go over today, but it should still be below my maintenance range. Not too worried about it. B/c it all averages out to be in my caloric range for the week.
  • LiLee2018
    OH! I forgot all about my messed up tooth!
    So I have my little bag of floss things by my chair so I'll usually floss right after eating dinner. I usually do it a bit extra around my fake implanted tooth b/c food can get trapped between it and the gums.
    So I'm flossing away and start wiggling the floss out and out pops my frickin implanted tooth! WTF?? Looks like whatever material they use to attach it broke. Like... seriously... SERIOUSLY???
    So now I can't chew on that side of my mouth once again. I mean just... REALLY??

Gotta call them on Tuesday (they're closed on Mondays) and hopefully they'll have a time available soon so they can fix this mess. Good grief. Just hope they can reattach it and I don't have to wait for them to order another one. Just...... REALLY??? This crap cost too damn much to just break off from flossing!
  • volgirl1322
    OMG goodness on the tooth so sorry about that and hopefully they can fix you right up!!!
    Your turkey day menu sounds amazing :) I could just eat all the dressing myself....I make mine in the crock pot, and OMG I am starting to drool :).......

You are KILLIN' IT with your weight loss that is so freaking GREAT GO YOU :)....

I am getting back to calorie counting just to make sure I am not over doing it.....It helps keep me honest as I get back on track
  • LiLee2018
    I'll have to try making my own dressing one day, but I absolutely love my MiL's. I dunno what she does to it, but it's delicious!
    I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week. NEXT WEEK! Where the heck did this month go??

To get the bad news out of the way... I hurt my left side mid back somehow. How exactly? NO CLUE! I haven't done anything. I finished up some painting and that was it. I hurt it by... sitting? No dang clue but now I can't move certain ways without that area aching. LOL
    So ridiculous but still funny too

Diet has been great!
    Official weigh-in this morning at 177.4. It's not that 176 weight, but that's ok. THat's still 3lbs... THREE pounds down from just a week ago. I am not complaining about that!
    AF should be arriving by the end of the week so I think that's why my weight is up a little and might go up even more by then. Will have to wait and see though.
    Just hoping my appetite doesn't go too crazy. I'm already eyeballing the kids' Christmas tree snack cakes lol.

But I'm doing well over here... even with the messed up tooth and mystery back pain lol.
  • jadepearl
    Aww.. sorry to hear about your tooth and your back❀️ Hope you got it fixed. Wow, Thanksgiving is next week? Before you know it, it will be 2021. Time flies real fast this year. Do take a photo of your delicious Thanksgiving dishesπŸ¦ƒπŸ“·πŸ“Έ You are doing amazing with your loss πŸ‘πŸ‘ Keep up the good work😁😍
  • LiLee2018
    Thanks @jadepearl !! If I remember to take photos of the food, I will :)
    I'm making a turkey on Thursday just for us. DH wants carrot cake. Bleh. I mean it's ok, but not my fav. I'm NOT making one from scratch so told him I'd get him a box cake one and make him some carrot cake donuts w/ it lol.
    He also wants a lemon cheesecake and he will be making some baked mac & cheese to take to the big family gathering. I can't wait! I'm gonna be like 20lbs heavier by the end of the day but it'll be worth it! ;) lol

Have not gotten my tooth fixed yet. I called this morning though and earliest appointment they have is Thursday afternoon which is still not too bad. It doesn't hurt or anything so I could've waited longer. It's an annoyance, but also not a huge deal at this moment that MUST be fixed ASAP.

Really hoping to get our Christmas decorations up this weekend! Trying to seal all of the things I've painted. Just FX that the sprays work and protect everything outside. Will post pics of that once it's all up.

Diet has been good! Still holding strong and feeling good.
    OH my hair seems to have stopped falling out at an alarming rate since I chopped most of it off. Or maybe it's just that I don't notice it since it's not super long strands getting stuck everywhere. I dunno.
    Just noticed that since cutting my hair, I haven't been losing quite as much whenever I wash it. So yay! Hopefully I'll actually get some dang regrowth already.
  • LiLee2018
    Just wanted to post quick before going to bed.
    This weekend was great. Super productive day Saturday. Put almost all of the outside decorations up. There are still 3 that need to be put up but I'm hoping to get that done tomorrow. Not sure I can do it by myself though, but I'm gonna try.
    I am SORE today though AND AF started yesterday so I'm extra tired right now too.
    Also today was supposed to be a normal calorie tracking day, but DH dragged me to a thing so I have no idea what my calories are.
    I don't think I overate, but I did have more sugar than normal (sweet potato casserole and 2 sugar cookies). I mean... I think I controlled myself pretty well, but I probably went over my calories, BUT it shouldn't have been by too much.
    I'm just gonna be as good as I can until Thanksgiving though. I really don't want this to be just a FFA week like I have done before b/c well.. that's why I'm here now.
    That's why I'm now only 40something down instead of being 60+.
    I think it's helping that I'm not keto right now though. Like, if I want a snack cake or something, I can have it IF it fits in to my calories. I definitely think not being so restrictive with carbs right now at the end of the year is helping tremendously to not having a week long bingefest b/c I don't feel deprived of anything ATM.

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving though and just stuffing my face w/ stuffing/dressing... and mac and cheese. Just.. ALL the carbs!!! lol

I hope all of you guys are doing great! Not sure I'll be posting before Thanksgiving so if I don't... I hope you all have a wonderful holiday and if you're somewhere that doesn't celebrate it, I just hope you have an amazing week!!!
  • volgirl1322
    Hope you had a great Thanksgivng!!!! Now on to XMAS time!!!!
  • LiLee2018
    Hey everyone!!
    Thanksgiving was great. I completely forgot about taking pictures of the things I made lol.
    But the lemon cheesecake I made was awesome! I used a recipe I found online just for measurements
    This one
    But I used more lemon juice (just all that I could get out of the 2 lemons), and used oreo type lemon flavored cookies for the crust. I also didn't do the lemon curd but I'm sure that would've tasted great. I think b/c of the extra liquid mine took about 90min to bake but thankfully it wasn't overbaked at all and just tasted amazing.

I just finished off the leftover carby stuff yesterday so now it's FINALLY back on track. That stuff was just tempting me and I didn't want to waste it so said F it and just ate it for lunch. Now that it's gone, I can get back to CICO again!

I really need to start walking again though. I've been letting everything be my excuse to not walk. I was actually enjoying it, but my little christmas projects and warm weather and rainy weather and everything in between was used as an excuse to be lazy lol.

Speaking of Christmas projects. Here are the ones I made! I plan on making A LOT more for next year. If I get the urge, might actually make more this year.
    I want our yard to be filled! lol
    h1ikTwe.jpg
    HLfV0i4.jpg
    d6NbETX.jpg
    CstqDp1.jpg
    5bBlKFZ.jpg
    aToCmzj.jpg
    8m2rAzD.jpg
    GohByIZ.jpg
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    That's one heck of a decorating job!
  • jadepearl
    A M A Z I N G decorations 🀩🀩🀩 Glad to hear that you had a fantastic Thanksgiving πŸ¦ƒπŸ˜πŸ˜˜
    Hope you're doing well ❀️
  • LiLee2018
    Hey everyone!!
    I'm sorry I've been MIA (and looks like so have a lot of people).
    I hope everyone is doing great.
    I stopped posting here b/c well... I don't think I'm going to ever go back to OMADing again.
    Nothing wrong if it works for you, but whenever I tried it, I just found myself getting WAY too obsessed with everything I ate and food was all I could think about. OMAD just isn't the right fit for my journey.
    Just didn't feel right to continue to post here when I knew deep down that I wasn't going to get back to it again on a regular basis.
    I am still here on MFP though. Still struggling and continuing on my journey.
    I post a lot in the blog MFP option on the site if anyone is ever interested in popping in and saying hello! Or you can always friend me too which would be awesome :)
    Anyway... didn't want to just disappear from here completely. Wanted to come back and finally give a reason why I stopped posting.
    Wishing you all the best!!!
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    So glad you filled us in so we didn't worry about ya 😘 hey everyone is different and everything works different for everyone!!! We're here if you need us, OMAD or not β™₯️