PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone! πŸ’–

11/1/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/2/20 = M 🚫, L 🌟
    11/3/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/4/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/5/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/6/20 = M 🚫, L 🌟 (good with all morning meds, but missed one evening pill)
    11/7/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/8/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/9/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/10/20 = M 🌟 (not sure I'm going to keep going with the "L" part)
    11/11/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/12/20 = M 🌟
    11/13/20 = M 🌟
    11/14/20 = M 🌟
    11/15/20 = M 🌟
    11/16 20 = M 🌟
    11/17/20 = M 🌟
    11/18/20 = M 🌟 (I accidentally took the dinner med at lunch, but at least I took it!)
    11/19/20 = M 🌟
    11/20/20 = M 🌟
    11/21/20 = M 🌟
    11/22/20 = M 🌟
    11/23/20 = M 🌟
    11/24/20 = M 🌟
    11/25/20 = M 🌟

• PKM0515
    Options
    @77tes

Happy Belated Birthday! It looks like a wonderful celebration all around!

I really enjoy the Lord Peter Wimsey series. There are some great audio versions, and I remember getting some wonderful DVDs out of the library a number of years ago. I remember the actor was blond, and he did such a great job. (I'll see if I can find the series and post some info in the "social" thread.)

@nebslp

I understand the "tracker anxiety." That's why I do better with one or two "little" things. I'm also a perfectionist and get upset when my tracker gets messy. I do need to work on that. When perfectionism gets in the way of progress, which it does for me, that is NOT a good thing.

Everyone:

Thank you all for your support and encouragement! This is such a welcoming group, and I'm so thankful for your great ideas. I hope that everyone has a lovely, peaceful Thanksgiving. <3

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,902 Member
    Options
    PKM0515 wrote: Β»
    @77tes

Happy Belated Birthday! It looks like a wonderful celebration all around!

I really enjoy the Lord Peter Wimsey series. There are some great audio versions, and I remember getting some wonderful DVDs out of the library a number of years ago. I remember the actor was blond, and he did such a great job. (I'll see if I can find the series and post some info in the "social" thread.)

That’s a great idea! πŸ’‘ I may just order the Wimsey mysteries on DVDs for Christmas. My daughters will enjoy them.

Happy Thanksgiving all you habit ninjas! πŸ¦ƒ
  • PKM0515
    Options
    @77tes

I loved the version with Edward Petherbridge.
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,902 Member
    Options
    PKM0515 wrote: Β»
    @77tes

I loved the version with Edward Petherbridge.

That’s the one I found through IMDB
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I listened to a good podcast by LearnDoBecome, episode 17, called Are You Resisting Routines. They mentioned BJ Fogg and James Clear so I know they're on the same page with habits. It was interesting that they differentiated routines from projects. Routines (maybe habits) are things you want to do regularly for the rest of your life. Projects have an end in sight. That's my own interpretation of it, probably not everyone's.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,030 Member
    Options
    2 more days in November!!
    Hope your habits are where you want them!!

Nov 1 GRACE: πŸŽ‰
    Guided meditation
    Reflection
    Artmaking
    Chat
    Exercise
    Nov 2 GRACEπŸ₯£ πŸŽ‰
    Nov 3-6 🧹GRACEπŸ₯£ πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Nov 7-26 🧹GRACEπŸ₯£πŸ“–
    πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰
    Nov 27 πŸŽ‰(except for the oatmeal 🀣)

Added 25 Modified πŸ’ͺ🏻push-ups:
    Nov 12, 14, 15, 16, 17 πŸ’ͺ🏻πŸ’ͺ🏻πŸ’ͺ🏻πŸ’ͺ🏻πŸ’ͺ🏻
    Nov 22, 24, 26 πŸ’ͺ🏻πŸ’ͺ🏻πŸ’ͺ🏻

December will be here before we know it!
    Pondering December’s β€œI Will”... 😁
  • PKM0515
    edited November 2020
    Options
    All good here with the medicine taking; no recent slip-ups.

I feel like I'm taking up too much real estate in this thread, so I think I'll try doing the same "star method" on my MFP blog for December and maybe just do a brief weekly update here.

I hope everyone is enjoying this final weekend of November 2020! πŸ’–

P.S. Just tried setting things up in my blog, but I'm not happy with how it works. I'll track the old-fashioned way (on paper). πŸ˜‰
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,830 Member
    Options
    @pkm0515 you are doing great! Not too much real estate at all. I use the blog (private) here somewhat but sometimes it will not take a post. When the newsfeed quit accepting pictures I set up a private group where I can put all my workout logs and such. It's funny as the description is Summer news and I already had some young pup ask to join?!!!! I guess I could update my profile picture to a flower or such which would avoid that.

@MadisonMolly2017 I am So so encouraged and inspired by your GRACE this month. Perhaps you should consider writing a book - finding your path to happiness - or some such? I know so many folks struggle with "how to be happy" . Sometimes it takes being on the dark side for a while to realize that most days you are happy.

My habit this month was photos again and I feel like I have really begun to understand what to do. I am supposed to transfer the new ones to USB the end of the month but seeing how tomorrow is a work day I think I will do that today.

Summer2daysleftinDecphotosfiled

photo of the day. grass... but.... COWZ... but... grass... but COWZ,,,,

• SummerSkier
    Options
    9s42az1egcx9.png
  • PKM0515
    Options
    9s42az1egcx9.png

Oh, how beautiful!!! πŸ’ž
  • nebslp
    Options
    @SummerSkier oh how I love Bandit (pictures)!!
  • nebslp
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @PKM0515 I enjoyed seeing your column of stars grow longer every day! I was rooting for you to add another ⭐️ every time you posted, so it was fun see. Keep on keeping on😁. I do have a paper chart and love to color in the squares every day that I did something. I find that motivating.

@MadisonMolly2017 i also like your reporting style of grouping days and icons. I like SummerSkier’s suggestion of writing a book about your journey to health and happiness and perhaps a sprinkling of your art. Or maybe an art book with a sprinkling of wisdom throughout. Could be something to consider to help others who are still confused and strugglingπŸ€”πŸ™‚

@SummerSkier The process is gradual, isn’t it? My sister puts her pics on a flash drive every month and now she has a great record that makes it easy to find what she’s looking for. Once you find a system that works, it would feel very freeing, I think. Can’t speak from personal experience though😏 Some day🀞
  • SummerSkier
    edited November 2020
    Options
    It's actually a lot easier to remember how to copy the photos when I do it monthly AND there are only 216 new favorites to add so I think I have done pretty good in being a little more selective this month. of course I say that and immediately realized I was copying the thumbnails and not the photos which my mac says you have to "export" and then you can "import" to the flash drive. gah...

I enjoy the column of stars also. I am a little jealous of it. :)

@nebslp have you figured out what your Dec is going to be yet? I haven't cheated and peeked into the new threads yet.

And we are expecting frost tomorrow am and a HARD freeze (in the 20's!!!) on Tuesday morning. I think I am going to see just how nice those hand warmers work inside my riding boots and on Bandit's bit. Meanwhile all kitties are toasting nicely and gurgling love chirps at me from in front of the radiant heaters I turned on.
  • nebslp
    Options
    @SummerSkier It’s much easier to forget how to use technology with a short break than it is to remember it :/
    I am going to work on my Dec plan now after I clean up my crafting and general mess on my table. Can’t even open up my computer at this point! Am definitely keeping some of the habits that are still in development mode with some tweaks. Fill out intention sheets, will increase by 100 daily morning steps again this month, and definitely use workout equipment (how much/often?) should all be doable.
    Lucky 🐱 🐱. Maybe a little pampered (AKA spoiled😸)?😻
  • Queen_Celeste
    Queen_Celeste Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    @nebslp I am doing pretty well! It's not completely perfect, but I sort of have a routine now. If I can get my 12 year old on board with her stuff it will help πŸ˜‚ Ah the joy of kids.
  • nebslp
    Options
    @Queen_Celeste Well, a sort of routine works better than no plan, right? Hoping it gets more settled in time. Parenting is hard, but so worth the time and effort to teach kids how to become responsible adults. My 12 year old is now my granddaughter and it's a lot easier to appreciate the joy at this stage :D
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Hi all. Sounds like everyone has made good progress this month.

I’m hoping to get in more of a groove with my home exercise. I bought a few things so trying to put it all together in a routine where I can do something each day. I guess I’m in the right place for that though!!

Planning for December now.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @PKM0515 awesome tracking that you are taking your meds! Every time you post your tracker it looks better and better. I also enjoy seeing your progress and hope that you continue to do so hereπŸ‘ however you wish to.

@PackerFanInGB spending your mornings chatting over coffee with your husband is a sweet way to begin your day now that you're both retired πŸ’–. I'm sure you will soon find, or maybe already have, found the perfect time to get back to your internet times again. Good work staying hydrated πŸ‘πŸ’¦!

@Queen_Celeste keeping up with laundry can be a challenging goal for sure πŸ€ͺ . And your child/children are always learning from what they see you do. So your efforts are so worth it in the end, as well as in your present. You go girl, you can do this!

@nebslp you find the most interesting to do sometimes 😁!! Participating in the annual Crane Festival for one example! You are getting so much done that you love to do, even with the empty spots on your tracker.

I really liked your quote by Michael Novo : "Forget inspiration. Force yourself to get out of bed and take a photo of anything. Inspiration is wonderful - It's the action that gets us there."

For me also, I can have all the good intention in the world because I was inspired by something, but if my action comes up short or intermittent, then nothing much happens around here. It is very easy for me to get caught up in the inspiration and completely loose track of the action needed, or put it off until 'later'. 😡

I liked your interpretation of differentiating routines from projects.

I also see projects as things that I'm undertaking for a reason or a specific time that (sometimes hopefully) will not be long lasting. They can even be related. For example, my "paper tiger 🐯 ". My current project is taking care of any back log of paper (such as my old table and current chair piles or hidden 🌿🐯🌳 paper), and also decluttering no longer needed old paper even though previously properly taken care of (file cabinet).

My habitual routine for several years has been taking care of specific categories of incoming mail such as recycling all 'junk' mail, and also paying and then filing all bills. Thus preventing those routine papers from morphing into a paper tiger. (an established habit example)

However, other kinds of important mail sometimes ended up on table/ chair piles. (no habit established example)

I also had an old habit of cleaning out my filing cabinet every other January. When an event happened one January that drastically interrupted it, I failed to pick it up again several years later after the event no longer directly affected me. (a lost habit example)

Following this logic, I can clearly see now that any paper category that is not part of a specific habit/routine can easily become part of my "back log" of paper which is part of my paper tiger. Now that has been an eyeopener for me. I need to figure out how to recognize and all types of incoming paper, into a basic habitual routine. πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ˜²

@SummerSkier I really enjoy the beautiful pictures that you share with us. Thank you so much! You are making wonderful progress with choosing your favorite photos and filing them. You are being very consistent doing that!

I love all pictures of Bandit you share. Your latest one is an absolutely beautiful picture πŸ’– of your gorgeous horse.

@MadisonMolly2017 you are working your way through November with GRACE!! (Lovely acronym!) I'm so proud of you for adding in modified πŸ’ͺ🏻push-ups! You are the very strong energizer bunny 😁 . I love reading all of your insights and thoughts that you post.

@77tes Happy belated birthday to you 🎡 . Dancing together was a special way to celebrate it! Thank you for sharing the lovely birthday photo.

@znaoiec That is good that you are feeling better and also feeling more motivated 🌼.

@goingape good to see you here!! We will cheer you on as you figure out your home exercise program πŸ‘πŸ’ͺ. You can do it!!

🀠🌺
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    My goal for this month: I will continuing working on taming my buddy Paper Tiger 🐯. Mostly I am focusing on his known home: the File Cabinet, and his not so secret hideouts: the Banker Box and one or two places where I have found him before. For a little diversion I will also give some time to discovering those additional places where he has become nearly (🌿🐯🌳) invisible.

November 1: Sunday, rest day
    November 2: 🐯 about half of the 'chair pile'
    November 3: 🐯 more of the 'chair pile'
    November 4: 🌿🐯🌳 nearly invisible paper found in top drawer
    November 5: 🌿🐯🌳 miscellaneous paper & mail. Boxes when I put product into containers
    November 6: 🐯 file cabinet: user manuals, 🌿🐯🌳 miscellaneous papers/ mail

November 7 & 8 Quiet restful weekend
    November 9: 🐯 more of the 'chair pile', 🌿🐯🌳 miscellaneous papers/ mail
    November 12 again, more in the 🌿🐯🌳 general miscellaneous paper category
    November 13 🌿🐯🌳 computer related miscellaneous paper
    November 14 🐯 file cabinet: top drawer, I'm carefully working file by file
    November 16 🐯 file cabinet: top drawer, and 🌿🐯🌳 a sentimental box: children's school papers

November 17-28th: I have kept up with all incoming mail. I have cleared the table off at bedtime every night except for November 28th. I've had some out of state extended family situations which have kept my mind and time occupied, so I have not accomplished anything new with paper tiger, but I have definitely kept him from gaining any new ground.

November 29: Sunday, rest day

tomorrow, November 30th I will reacquaint myself a little with the chair pile, as well as finish up any current paperwork that needs to be done tomorrow.

One more day in November left to finish strong while also considering what will be my focus for December.

🀠🌺