TEAM: The Slimsons (December)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215. or @Krysless2.
Β«13456717

Replies

• gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    Options
    Welcome Team Slimsons - New and old members to December Challenge!

Glorious Gloria's INTRO

My name is Gloria, 41 yrs old, been at this weightloss journey since 2004. It's been a long uphill battle but I refuse to give up until I meet my long time goal of 200lbs.

Over the past few years I've been diagnosed with asthma which has overlapped into COPD ergo the oxygen continously, gastroenteritis, hiatal hernia, acid reflux, pulmonary hypertension, osteoarthritis, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, chronic pain in back and knees.

I am currently under the care of a Baraitric doctor (non-surgical) @Atrium Health Weight Loss Center who has been monitoring my eating habits using MYFITNESSPAL app. Over the last 12 months she has shown me what I was doing wrong, by pointing out my Protein needed to be 30g per meal and my carbs should be no more than 70g per day. Under her guidance I've finally seen the scale going down consistently (as long as I follow those guidelines) and am proud to say I've REVERSED MY DIABETES YAY. It's great to have a doctor that is not interested in surgery but what is best for the patient.

***Succeeded losing 10lbs and 14 inches for November but overall I've lost a Total of 45lbs and 83 inches overall since January πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ’ͺ🏾πŸ’ͺπŸΎπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰***

DECEMBER GOALS:

1. Lose at 2-3lbs every week
    2. Weigh & Measure on Mondays
    3. Meal prep weekly
    4. Exercise at least 4x a week minimum 30 minutes
    5. Track and journal my experience to see where improvements can be made
    6. Intermittent fasting 20:4 4x week and 18:6 3x a week.
    7. FIT INTO MY BIRTHDAY DRESS (need to lose 10 inches off my Hips and 5 inches off my chest)

**My 2nd small milestone is to reach 468.9lbs by my birthday Dec. 31.

Looking forward to reading everyone's post and know we will have a successful month. We're in this together πŸ’ͺ🏾❀
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    Hello Slimsons Team Members...Ready for December Challenge...The Biggest Loser Monthly Challenge. I have been a Slimson team member starting with the July Challenge and it has made a difference in reaching my goal of leading a healthier life. Excess weight does play a large factor on several health setbacks. My starting weight in July was 200lbs and through accountability and support of my team members my weight is 185lbs. A big thank you team captain Ashley @AB0215 for keeping track of our progress and all Slimson Team members for your support.
    Good results to all in this December challenge.
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I am so ready to really get my head back in the game. I really need to do this for myself. 2 years ago I started a journey to really learn to love myself and the more I did I better I did at this get healthy, lose weight thing. I was exercising regularly 5-6x a week and eating so much healthier. My dad passed July 2019 and I’ve been struggling ever since. My body hurts, I’m getting lots of headaches again, I can’t do as much physically and my mental health is suffering. But I’m ready.
    Here’s to new starts.
  • vicky2767
    Options

Glorious Gloria's INTRO

My name is Gloria, 41 yrs old, been at this weightloss journey since 2004. It's been a long uphill battle but I refuse to give up until I meet my long time goal of 200lbs.

Over the past few years I've been diagnosed with asthma which has overlapped into COPD ergo the oxygen continously, gastroenteritis, hiatal hernia, acid reflux, pulmonary hypertension, osteoarthritis, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, chronic pain in back and knees.

I am currently under the care of a Baraitric doctor (non-surgical) @Atrium Health Weight Loss Center who has been monitoring my eating habits using MYFITNESSPAL app. Over the last 12 months she has shown me what I was doing wrong, by pointing out my Protein needed to be 30g per meal and my carbs should be no more than 70g per day. Under her guidance I've finally seen the scale going down consistently (as long as I follow those guidelines) and am proud to say I've REVERSED MY DIABETES YAY. It's great to have a doctor that is not interested in surgery but what is best for the patient.

***Succeeded losing 10lbs and 14 inches for November but overall I've lost a Total of 45lbs and 83 inches overall since January πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ’ͺ🏾πŸ’ͺπŸΎπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰***

DECEMBER GOALS:

3. Meal prep weekly
    7. FIT INTO MY BIRTHDAY DRESS (need to lose 10 inches off my Hips and 5 inches off my chest)

Looking forward to reading everyone's post and know we will have a successful month. We're in this together πŸ’ͺ🏾❀

You reversed your diabetes?!? That’s fantastic
  • vicky2767
    Options
    @gjaholy33 you got this!!! You’re doing great.
    (Posted without finishing-sorry- lol)
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone. My name is Leah. I am 26 and a third of the way through my graduate program for library science. I have struggled with my weight all my life, but I have steadily increased my weight through college and on. I did lose some weight over the lockdown (I walked 4-6x a week), but gained it all back over the summer and autumn. Suffering with a cold right now, but hoping to pick back up some outdoor walking soon.
  • AB0215
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Hello Slimsons Team Members...Ready for December Challenge...The Biggest Loser Monthly Challenge. I have been a Slimson team member starting with the July Challenge and it has made a difference in reaching my goal of leading a healthier life. Excess weight does play a large factor on several health setbacks. My starting weight in July was 200lbs and through accountability and support of my team members my weight is 185lbs. A big thank you team captain Ashley @AB0215 for keeping track of our progress and all Slimson Team members for your support.

@Bemybestby60 Thanks for the compliment, but the real hero has been @Jen_967 . She's been keeping up way better the last few months! I can't thank her enough for how much she's helped me. I've had a rough few months and she's been my rock and the rock for the team!
  • gjaholy33
    Options

So proud of your progress keep it up.
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Hello all. I am so ready to really get my head back in the game. I really need to do this for myself. 2 years ago I started a journey to really learn to love myself and the more I did I better I did at this get healthy, lose weight thing. I was exercising regularly 5-6x a week and eating so much healthier. My dad passed July 2019 and I’ve been struggling ever since. My body hurts, I’m getting lots of headaches again, I can’t do as much physically and my mental health is suffering. But I’m ready.
    Here’s to new starts.

I am right there with my dad pass in April 2018 and it totally threw me off track but he is also motivation for me to get back on track since the last conversation I had was me not killing myself with food. Rooting for you know you can so this One day at a time!πŸ’ͺ🏾πŸ’ͺπŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ
  • gjaholy33
    Options

Glorious Gloria's INTRO

DECEMBER GOALS:

3. Meal prep weekly

You reversed your diabetes?!? That’s fantastic

Yep and thanks my new goal is to get out the prediabetic range under 5.7 A1C
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Hi, everyone. My name is Leah. I am 26 and a third of the way through my graduate program for library science. I have struggled with my weight all my life, but I have steadily increased my weight through college and on. I did lose some weight over the lockdown (I walked 4-6x a week), but gained it all back over the summer and autumn. Suffering with a cold right now, but hoping to pick back up some outdoor walking soon.

Girly been there morbid obesity has been my nemesis since I was 8 years old. So we take this one day at a time changing little habits along the way. You Got This!πŸ’ͺ🏾πŸ’ͺ🏾πŸ’ͺ🏾πŸ’ͺ🏾πŸ’ͺπŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎ
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Hi, I’m Rita. I’m approaching those Sensational Seventies and i feel like it’s now or never to get healthy. I was 120 lbs in college and I’m not a yo-yo-er but have gradually put on about 2 lbs a year. That doesn’t sound too bad until you do the math over 50 years!! YikesπŸ™€ so it’s time to hit the reverse button. I need accountability and knowing that my loss will support a team win helps keep me on track. So I’m back here and am looking forward to getting to know you all. Go Team! πŸ“£

@gjaholy33 congratulations on your wonderful success in November πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» πŸ‘πŸ»! And thank you for leading our team😊
  • Bemybestby60
    Options
    @Jen_967 Thanks Jen! πŸ‘πŸŒ·πŸ’ͺ😊
  • Bemybestby60
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday
    Track yes
    Calories yes and under
    Exercise yes treadmill
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, walk

Comments: Today has been a hard day. I did stick to my food goals but let go of my exercise goals a bit, taking baby steps.
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Dec Wk 1 - Sun, 11/29

Calories: Under
    Exercise: None

I was put on some new medication. Two of the side effects are cramping and nausea, so I spent most of my day in bed with some water, movies, popcorn, and a heating pad. I tested negative for COVID (as I have a positive COVID roommate), but my cold was ill-timed. Not as much dizziness and stuffiness as yesterday, but I am taking extra strength NyQuil and DayQuil to make sure it doesn’t develop into bronchitis. (That happened to me spring of last year.)
  • RetroJoe28
    RetroJoe28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hello all :) My name is Joe im 40 almost 41. My weight has had 15 + / - swing or in between there for a very long time. With this group my swing has been down to about 8 lbs +/- so cut that in half this year. My next main goal is to cut alcohol way out to only social times. And limit that. But we will. See this will be my 11th month here time flies for sure :)
  • Bemybestby60
    Options
    Daily Post Monday
    Track yes
    Calories yes and under but high on carbs
    Exercise yes treadmill

• Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Sunday
    Track: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: yes- walking 40 minutes and 15 mins of strength training.

Monday
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: no- rest day
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post Monday

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 1 hour, 15 mins weightlifting

Comments: Today was pretty good.