Nutritious November

Options

Replies

• Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,894 Member
    Options
    Looks good TMac. Good job getting in that movement! I always struggle with getting my exercise in.

Another crazy day at work yesterday but I am off tomorrow and of course Thursday for Thanksgiving. Going to work all weekend and try to get caught up before the end of year crunch starts. Hopefully it will be quiet on Friday with few phone calls.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    B - Bran flakes, berries, almonds, flax, soy milk; coffee w/ soy milk.

L - PB & flax on WW toast; carrots, clementine; coffee/soy.

D - Stuffed pepper (beans & cheese), spring mix salad w/ oil & vinegar, seltzer.

Meat/dairy: 10%
    Fruit/veg weight: ~450g
    Bodyweight/balance: Yes
    Walk: Yes
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,763 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    New friends...looks at this. We are growing! welcometrainf.gif We are small, but mighty!

piesmiley3.gif

Today's plan...

coffee
    Just Egg folded thing that toasts. Folded, toaster ready, Just Eggs.
    The one thing I miss is eggs. Not meat, not dairy...not cheese. EGGS. Scrambled actually. So much so, that I keep looking to see how terrible I would be to eat eggs...the ones that are like 6 bucks a dozen that live free...whatever. And, I keep going back to ... nope, not gonna do it!

So, I tried the liquid...just ok...better with mushrooms, onions and peppers added. And I will use again. But I tried the folded ones by Just Egg...really good (but they do not taste exactly like eggs)...hot, right out of the toaster...toast TWICE on high...so I bought quite a few. They stay fresh in the freezer. Great for my days I do not work. I tried making them and taking to work...not good...they MUST BE HOT, FRESH OUT OF THE TOASTER.

Ok, moving on...

HOMEMADE carrot/apple/ginger/lemon juice 16 oz. Carrot juice is great for your liver...I made a big batch. Will stay fresh, using the Bio Chef vacuum sealer on my wide mouth mason jars.

Vegan pho from my local Vietnamese restaurant. They make it with tofu NOT FRIED...all fresh veggies...excellent.
    Enough for two meals.

Steamed broccoli and cauliflower and Bitchin Sauce Chipotle as a dip

dessert, tea and ezekiel toast and jam

cornusmilesf.gif
    Having coffee with my sister and her DH tomorrow about 10. NOT STAYING. She invited me, but said bring your own food. Fine, I get that. But I really would rather enjoy TG with Lulu. I lost Ernestine three years ago, the day after Thanksgiving...I stayed home that Thanksgiving...did not go to my sisters...stay with Little Miss Ernestine. (pictures in my profile). Being especially close to Lulu tomorrow is important. And since she is not invited... it will just be the two of us.

Back later my sweet peas!

• Mihani
    Options
    Magic have you tried tofu scramble? This is my all time favorite recipe: https://minimalistbaker.com/southwest-tofu-scramble/ If you don't like spicy there are a million other recipes though. It's not overly spicy to me but everyone is different on tolerance.

I'm having a weird day. I don't think I know how to take a day off. I am still waiting for plumbers they should be here in another half hour or so. I still logged in and worked for a couple hours.
  • magic71755
    Options
    Thanks for the link, Mihani! I will give it a try. 🇺🇸❤️🇺🇸
  • ShredWeek1
    ShredWeek1 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Well, I was humming along nicely, working out an hour a day, and then Thanksgiving spread its shadow of me tonight, and I found a bag of M & Ms our son had bought me as a thank you for helping him with an assignment, and I've just polished off 32 of them.

I'm not a holiday lover. Too much food, and too many memories of all the people in my life who have died (parents, in-laws, only sibling by suicide) and so to that ancient bag of M & Ms I went (they've been in the bottom of the freezer under extra batteries!)

But, at least I know what made it happen, and as much as I hate to 'waste" food, I'm putting them in the garbage disposal!

Thank you for allowing me this safe place to talk about this without fear of shaming!
  • Mihani
    Options
    Hi Shred, sorry you are feeling down. I was that way about holidays for quite a few years after my parents were both gone. They made the holidays so special. But we have new traditions and I adore my brothers so it's still good. It is mostly work that has taken all the joy out of the holidays for me. The end of the year is crazy busy.

That said, wishing all of you a Happy Thanksgiving! Here's a random puppy pic to brighten your day!

f06ceov9ta4p.jpg
  • magic71755
    edited November 2020
    Options
    punkinleafw.gif

Thanksgiving is tough for so many...all the memories attached...and those we loved so, missing.

But those wonderful memories also have the ability to comfort us.

coffeebath.gifWishing you all a peaceful day. piesmiley2.gif <<<<<vegan of course!
  • magic71755
    Options
    fallsmiley4.gif Morning all...very quiet TG yesterday. Had coffee with my sister and BIL ...then home to be with my precious Lulu Girl.

No overeating...in fact, I had a veggie patty, salad and baked potato for lunch/dinner...with a snack of steamed broc and Bitchin sauce.

Toast and tea for dessert.

Quite uneventful.

Back to work today...but Monday, 2PM comes awfully fast. HAGDE! fallsmiley4.gif
  • magic71755
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Oh poop!

Forgot my almond milk...so nooooooooo oatmeal...I eat it raw with frozen blueberries and my homemade almond. Oh well.

coffee
    sandwich that was supposed to be for lunch
    carrot/apple/ginger/lemon juice
    frozen Amy's (keep a few at work just in case)
    steamed broccoli and Bitchin sauce
    tea and toast for dessert

YUM!

Hope everyone has a great day.
  • magic71755
    Options
    Mihani, I loved the puppies. Thanks! Precious beings!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Good morning, friends!
    Happy day-after-Thanksgiving to those that celebrated that occasion in some way!
    I checked in here yesterday and got pulled away to start cooking, so no post, but please know I was thinking of y'all, my plant tribe.

I had a nice day. I cooked lots, as my son decided that he did indeed want a holiday meal with a few of the favorites. I kept to my regular foods, and got in some exercise in the evening after the dishes were in the dishwasher at last!

@magic71755 How lovely that you got to have some family time.
    I loved your comment about how hard Thanksgiving is for some, "those we loved so, missing. But those wonderful memories also have the ability to comfort us." You are so right. At one point I explained to my son that I wanted us to hold hands and sing a short song (a variation of "The More We Get Together") at the table because it beings back my grandmother. He's 15, and at the age to find that stuff hokey, but he saw that it mattered and humored me.

@Mihani
    Your puppies brightened my day, for sure! I just looked at them again and felt myself relax (and I had not known I could use relaxing!). Sending hugs and best wishes for peace of mind during your busy work season!

I got a note from @bisky . She is having trouble getting into the MFP communities section, but sounds well!

@__TMac__ - Welcome to the conversation! Your goals look excellent! I hope you are having a great week!

I just got back from running an errand to Lowe's and am now working on a couple of small home improvement projects. Woohoo!

b8cn39arr09c.jpg
  • Mihani
    Options
    Hi all... sounds like a nice Thanksgiving for everyone.

Magic, I too appreciate your comment on memories. Have you tried your oats with just water? If you let them sit for a few minutes they get sort of "milky" from the oats and I actually prefer them with water rather than plant milk. I absolutely love oat milk when it comes to dry cereal or chia pudding. It's very naturally sweet. I don't think it would be good for recipes because of that sweetness.

Austin, happy to hear you had a good time and that your teenager was willing to humor you. We were a rather musical family and when we were young up through our 30's there were always guitars and singing at every get together. What all did you make? Yes those puppies are my wallpaper on my laptop... they make me happy whenever I see them. Love the kitties in the coffee cup too! So precious. You reminded me, I also got a note from Bisky asking me to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving from her... I totally forgot.

I went to the office for about 6 hours. Home to chill and read then will work all day tomorrow and Sunday, but here at home at least. I don't want to go back down to the office until Monday if I can possibly manage.

B - oats with blueberries and chia seeds
    L - Dr. McD soup and a couple wasa crackers
    D - will be leftover baked tofu, baked japanese sweet potato, left over stir "fried" veggies

If any of you haven't tried japanese sweet potatoes you should. I'm moderately obsessed with them and bake a couple every few weeks to eat over a few days. They are so sweet and creamy yet still firm. I bake them then slice into rounds and I swear they are about like eating a cookie! I just pull the container out of the fridge and grab a couple rounds for a snack. I even eat the skin but you could peel that off after baking. Like regular sweet potatoes some parchment paper is a must or you get all that sticky stuff on the baking sheet.

• ShredWeek1
    ShredWeek1 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    T-day was awesome. I tend to do the routine food stuff, but my husband and son love to make elaborate meals so we had homemade pot stickers (requiring 16 ingredients), lentil masala (23 ingredients), mixed green salad, no turkey loaf from Trader Joe's(my contribution since I had to stand in the rain in line to buy it), and pumpkin souffle.

And, I worked out!

So a pretty notable T-day because I didn't regret what I ate!

Austin: Our son is 18...so I enjoy him a lot, but it is hard for me sometimes cause he's an only to see how much he has pulled away. But, as a person I admired said: You raise them to leave you..and I'm proud to see how independent he's become.
  • __TMac__
    Options
    B - Bran & flax flakes, berries, almonds, soy milk; herbal tea.

L - PB & flax on WW toast; banana, clementine; water.

D - Baked tofu; sweet potato; spring mix salad w/ tomato, olives, onions, parsley & vinegar; water.

Meat/dairy: 0%
    Fruit/veg weight: 550g
    Bodyweight/balance: Yes
    Walk: No (More steps than usual around the house, but no actual walk)
  • magic71755
    Options
    Love the kitties, Austin!

Easy food day...

coffee
    oatmeal
    veggie sand
    amy's frozen
    tea and toast

Still employed...thanks God. HAGDE!
  • __TMac__
    Options
    B - Bran & flax flakes, berries, almonds, soy milk; coffee.

L - Poke bowl with tuna, surimi salad, seaweed salad & brown rice; water.

D - Chick pea gyro with tzatziki; veggie salad w/ Italian dressing; crinkle fries; water.

d - Banana.

Meat/dairy: 9%
    Fruit/veg weight: 353g
    Bodyweight/Balance: Yes
    Walk: Yes

* Went for a hike with steep inclines and rocky footing. Calling it my walk, my bodyweight AND my balance work! :)
  • magic71755
    Options
    Thanks God! Still employed!

Coffee
    Oatmeal
    Veggies and black beans hot, over spring greens
    Homemade veggie soup using better than bullion and rice ramen

HAGDE! 🌲🌲
  • __TMac__
    Options
    L - Bran & flax flakes, berries, banana, soy milk; fried egg; coffee.

D - Impossible burger with avocado, fries; water.

d - Berries, dark chocolate chips, whipped cream.

Meat/dairy: 9%
    Fruit/veg weight: 350g
    Bodyweight/Balance: Yes
    Walk: No
  • magic71755
    edited December 2020
    Options
    My soup was delish and easy...100 times better than Dr McDougall .

So easy. Made the broth with better than bouillon vegan veggie...then added broccoli cauliflower carrots celery and bok choy...added the noodles rice ramen ...

Will make again tomorrow add tofu...and pick up mushrooms..

Watered it down so not so much sodium

Happy tummy

Still employed Thanks God