Lets inspire each other to be healthy through *¤#DECEMBER#¤*

Options
No matter what diet, no matter the activity-amount, lets hear your best achievements of the day/week so we can inspire each other through the (for me, very very difficult) month of December.

Add me as a friend or comment on this and we can add each other. :)

And ... please share your best healthy-holiday tips here!!!

Replies

• Jannicke7
    Jannicke7 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @Katerr1kk: yeah sure of course join!!! :smiley:

Amazing that you've lost so much!!

Yeah december is the worst month for me. Especially difficult with family-gatherings.
    One thing I've learned is that I need to be flexible in december - some days are going to be WAY over the calorie-goal, so extra activity helps me a lot!
  • Jannicke7
    Options
    Antiopelle what an amazing plan and nice goals!

I will follow your example and set some splurge-days for myself. Im spending time with my family around christmas-eve and from experience sticking to a calorie-budget those days is just going to be impossible.

Also its my birthday next week so hello birthday-cake! :wink:

My goals for december:

1. Get down to 58kg (but I'll be happy with 60 by new years eve too)
    2. Keep to plan and eat healthy and moderately with the exeptions of: 7th, 23th,24th,25th.
    3. Walk my dog at least 1 hour every day and do 10-15 minutes of yoga every day.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the newbies ! I'm in for December as it is indeed a difficult month.

However, I see some positive in the Covid situation this year. No large family dinners, so hubby and I will get some high end take-away on Christmas eve and a similar menu for New Years eve. Those will be the two splurges we'll do and for the rest every day will be business as usual. On New Years eve, we will eat the same menu with some family and comment through Zoom so we will have a little virtual contact at least.

My goals for this month:

1. Get down to 72,5 - which is exactly the same goal for months now, the trend is down but it is extremely slooooooow
    2. Keep to the plan to only splurge twice (24th and 31st).
    3. Get out of the house to walk and ride as much as possible within daytime to keep a certain level of fitness and to keep my sanity.

01/12: 73.6
  • Antiopelle
    edited December 2020
    Options
    marganit1 wrote: »
    SW 69,5kg
    GW 68kg
    I hope. I have bought the book The Back Diet Solution Kindle edition on Amazon, that is the book behind Noom psychology. Recommendation I have found here on MFP.
    My thinking used to be: I really love this skirt so I have to stay this fat to fill it. Maybe I have other self sabotaging thoughts.
    I would love to give back to MFP so I bought Under Armour sports bra. Considering going Premium.

I've read the Beck solution a long time ago (and did all the exercises), and it was a game changer for me.
    I'm obviously still struggling, but I have some very handy tools from it that I still use today.
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    5’4” 43
    11/01: 130.0

I’ve been MIA working on a project, but it’s finished up now. My numbers are artificially high from the kinds of foods I ate over the weekend, but I’m hoping that seeing them drop will be artificially motivating too :)
  • LizAsch2015
    LizAsch2015 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to eat healthy and work out, but my weight seems to be stuck. I'm afraid to get on a scale and see what it says. Is it OK to ignore the numbers for a while, or will that make it even worse when I look...
  • LizAsch2015
    Options

I hope. I have bought the book The Back Diet Solution Kindle edition on Amazon, that is the book behind Noom psychology. Recommendation I have found here on MFP.
    My thinking used to be: I really love this skirt so I have to stay this fat to fill it. Maybe I have other self sabotaging thoughts.

Is the Beck book good??? I’ve been thinking about getting it.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!!
    December 2020!! Last month of the year.
    My goal is to try and stay active as much as possible. No snow storm can stop me!

48, 5’2”, 113
    Going to lower body fat and tone back.
    Do more TRX and stretches.
    Keep up with meal preps!x8fa1hmbbgez.jpeg
    uu8geltkjhec.jpeg
  • Emmie112
    Emmie112 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    36, 5’3
    April SW: 146
    Dec 1: 135
    Goals for this month: Lose 6 lbs and get into the 120s!

Hi everyone! I’m in too!

December is always hard for me too with so much going on at home and work. My husband and I celebrate our birthdays this week, we’ve got work commitments most evenings and family stuff on weekends. It’s hard to find time to fit in work out or cook/prep lunch.

I’m seeing the silver lining with covid too. I’m relieved all of our social events are cancelled this month. I find my friends look for ways to sabotage the months hard work I’ve put in with my diet. They become more persistent when I decline eating something or they notice my weight loss. As much as I miss the in person contact, I don’t want to deal with everything else that comes with it right now. I’m looking forward to only one holiday dinner with my family and siblings.

I read a relevant Noon article after my cheat day on Sunday, think about your last meal and you’ll feel fuller. Something like that. It got me back on track and it deterred me from having a second cheat day in a row. I'm going to download the Beck Diet book right now!
  • Jannicke7
    Options
    marganit1 wrote: »
    SW 69,5kg
    GW 68kg
    I would love to give back to MFP so I bought Under Armour sports bra. Considering going Premium.

Wow what a good recommandation I really love Noom. Thanks!
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the newbies ! I'm in for December as it is indeed a difficult month.

However, I see some positive in the Covid situation this year. No large family dinners, so hubby and I will get some high end take-away on Christmas eve and a similar menu for New Years eve. Those will be the two splurges we'll do and for the rest every day will be business as usual. On New Years eve, we will eat the same menu with some family and comment through Zoom so we will have a little virtual contact at least.

My goals for this month:

1. Get down to 72,5 - which is exactly the same goal for months now, the trend is down but it is extremely slooooooow
    2. Keep to the plan to only splurge twice (24th and 31st).
    3. Get out of the house to walk and ride as much as possible within daytime to keep a certain level of fitness and to keep my sanity.

01/12: 73.6
    02/12: 73.3
  • Antiopelle
    Options
    I've been trying to eat healthy and work out, but my weight seems to be stuck. I'm afraid to get on a scale and see what it says. Is it OK to ignore the numbers for a while, or will that make it even worse when I look...

Don't fret over it. How many days are you in? Sometimes your weight can get stuck for a week or two, and then it will go down again as long as you are in deficit.
    You can weigh yourself every day and put it in an app like Happy Scale so you see the overall trend instead of the daily spikes up and down. Some people find it better this way, some don't. It's all up to you to find out what works for you.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,975 Member
    Options
    I started the 75 Hard program yesterday (ironically on Dec 1, but there wasn't any particular reason for that).

With that, my diet will pretty much be what I otherwise have outlined in the past for myself, with 2 big exceptions: 1. NO cheat meals, fast food/junk food, etc and 2. NO alcohol

There's several other daily things one needs to complete each day, including self growth, workouts, etc but the premise is building that mental muscle more than any particular diet or workout.

Day 1 is in the books - on to day 2.

The things I know I will struggle with: no cheat meals. That's going to be tough, but I signed up for some Factor meals to help me in that department as they will provide the convenience that frequently prompts my "cheating." There will also be days when I know that getting that 2nd workout in will be tough, especially over the holiday....but I'm determined to make it happen!
  • my4570
    my4570 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I haven’t been on the app since late August and was actually doing really well until mid November...
    I got down to about 110 pounds at the end of October before falling into bad binge cycles. I am pretty active and was eventually able to get them in control, but I was actually feeling like I was really out of breath easily and having such bad stomach issues due to eating too much. Also my acne flared up again and I am reminded WHY I decided to go on a health journey in the first place. I am really eager to get back to my previous healthy lifestyle I built through MFP for 4 months :)

My plan is to stick to my normal routine and hopefully lose my extra pounds (not sure how much is water weight and how much is fat) this month before I go back to school again. I’m visiting some friends in a week or so and going on a small trip to a friend’s cabin but other than that I have minimal excuses !

Goal weight: back to 110-112
    Currently: 116.5 :( (but I had 5 consecutive crazy unhealthy days before and was in denial whoops)

Good luck everyone with your goals !!!!!
  • my4570
    my4570 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    On a side note I definitely am not trying to actually lose 6 pounds; a week or so ago before my week long fiasco I weighed in at around 113 pounds so realistically I am trying to lose 2-4 pounds this month! And mostly find positive energy again in being active and healthy :)
  • LizAsch2015
    Options
    Antiopelle wrote: »

Don't fret over it. How many days are you in? Sometimes your weight can get stuck for a week or two, and then it will go down again as long as you are in deficit.
    You can weigh yourself every day and put it in an app like Happy Scale so you see the overall trend instead of the daily spikes up and down. Some people find it better this way, some don't. It's all up to you to find out what works for you.