Downsizers - December 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    draby2011 wrote: »
    Okay guys I am here and doing okay! This COVID thing is getting out of hand again and it has become insane. I literally can not figure out if I come home more physically or mentally exhausted at the end of these days. I also did my schedule for the month and I literally scheduled myself 3 days off so that I can TRY to rest.

I weighed in at 235 pounds which is a 1 pound increase from last week. It is kind of expected. This week was my littlest little's 5th birthday so we did pizza and cake at her request and because of my stress eating, I happily obliged. My mom had her below the knee amputation on Thursday morning. The surgery was successful for the most part. The infection and swelling were so bad, they weren't able to close the incision site so they'll go back sometime next week to close it up. I didn't realize how much that affected me until me and my littlest little prayed over it and I began to cry. I think it was the wake-up call that I needed, to get my butt in check.

My 12-year-old had a well-check yesterday and we had to have the obesity talk. She is 5'1 and weighs 98 pounds. The reason for the talk is because she had a drastic increase in weight since last year. (Last year she weighed in at 82 pounds) We do have a problem with proper portions and snacking with her. Hopefully, between my mom's situation and the talk that we had yesterday, we can prevent her from having the same issues that we have developed.

I hope everyone is doing well. I will be checking in later tonight and catching up on all my steps. Have a great weekend!

I am sorry about everything you are going through. Don’t forget to take care of you through all of this! Hopefully, your mom’s situation will be the catalyst you need to get the whole family healthy.

Thank you for bringing up your daughter. I am struggling with that right now and I’m not sure what to do. My 11 yr old is a dancer and part of a competition team. She has always been slim but this whole quarantine situation has really affected her. I am a nurse and a bit on the conservative side with risk so we’ve been dancing vis zoom since March and opted for an online school. All of this isolation has led to more tv, more snacking, and less dancing. She just doesn’t get the same fulfillment not being in the studio. We decided to let her go back to the studio in October if the positivity rate remained below 5% but that next week it started to climb and she never went back. She is 4’11” and 105 lbs now and I have tried to have the healthy talk and buy better snacks but she just won’t eat anything healthy. I haven’t come out yet to tell her our concerns because I don’t want her to start having body image issues. I just don’t know how to proceed.

I also struggle with the same thing. One thing that stuck with me from the conversation yesterday is that as the parent, I have the absolute right to choose what she can eat and when. For a while now, my mom has gotten on to me about not letting her eat whenever she wants and has even told my daughter that she would buy it to replace whatever the item was if it was such an issue. I think with my mom's current situation and telling her about the conversation the pediatrician had with us, she is on board with me. Especially since I too struggle with my weight. It is a hard line to walk when we as nurses see things and know what can come from not handling it appropriately. As far as how to proceed, you know your baby better than anyone else and you will figure out how your daughter will handle certain things. For my daughter, we had the conversation and explained the risks of not getting a handle on OUR eating habits. The pediatrician agreed that us working on it together may be the best thing.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,516 Member
    Options
    cesse47 wrote: »
    User: cesse47
    Weigh-in Day: Saturday

Previous weight: 296.0
    Current weight: 295.4

STEPS -- 3000 each day this past week

Small step trending downwards!! Yea!

Small steps are still steps in the right direction!

363days wrote: »
    363days
    I don't know how to delete the previous post. My weight is the following:
    pw 172.8
    CW 172
    I totally blew my eating plan yesterday, the weigh-in got to me. I was down 2. lbs more than my weigh in day and it sent me into an eating frenzy. Today I got up and found meditations on you tube regarding overeating, guilt from over eating, and more. I am going to start doing those short meditations daily. Regarding weigh-in - I've decided on my weigh in day I'm going to put my average weight for the week, rather than that day's actual weight, be it lower or higher. I hope this isn't breaking some rule - I just wanted to be honest and let you know how I think this might work better for me. I hope everyone has a glorious weekend. It is pretty weather here in Oklahoma and I will be hiking this afternoon!

Congrats on the loss. Let me know how those meditations work out and which ones you would recommend. It makes me smile anytime you mention Oklahoma as I love Blake Shelton and it puts a smile on my face.

iradi8 wrote: »
    Each day when I come to this message board, I have to try to figure out where I left off with reading the posts. Is there a way to pick up where I left off with reading the messages?

I always go in from the group main page and open the team chat from there. It should open up to where you left off last.

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post December 4
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 110oz
    Steps 9001
    Exercise 32 min treadmill

Most of my steps came from grocery shopping. We went to whole foods for the first time and checked it out, found a couple products I'm excited to try. Today my husband and I are gonna have a date night and also go check out trader joe's too. I didn't know we had one here. We are watching a football game with my parents this afternoon and then leaving the kids with them.

That’s a lot of grocery shopping! Enjoy your date night.
    CHECK IN: WEEK 1 (Friday)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    🥤 Water ✔️
    🍽Calories /Tracking❌
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS
    FRI: 8,000 (spin) + 10,146 (Circuit Training) + 14,096 = 32,242

*Had a good diet day yesterday but then ate twizzlers and popcorn during movie night last night. I have to restart today.

Put that behind you and continue to focus on the great strides you made this week.

Okay guys I am here and doing okay! This COVID thing is getting out of hand again and it has become insane. I literally can not figure out if I come home more physically or mentally exhausted at the end of these days. I also did my schedule for the month and I literally scheduled myself 3 days off so that I can TRY to rest.

I weighed in at 235 pounds which is a 1 pound increase from last week. It is kind of expected. This week was my littlest little's 5th birthday so we did pizza and cake at her request and because of my stress eating, I happily obliged. My mom had her below the knee amputation on Thursday morning. The surgery was successful for the most part. The infection and swelling were so bad, they weren't able to close the incision site so they'll go back sometime next week to close it up. I didn't realize how much that affected me until me and my littlest little prayed over it and I began to cry. I think it was the wake-up call that I needed, to get my butt in check.

My 12-year-old had a well-check yesterday and we had to have the obesity talk. She is 5'1 and weighs 98 pounds. The reason for the talk is because she had a drastic increase in weight since last year. (Last year she weighed in at 82 pounds) We do have a problem with proper portions and snacking with her. Hopefully, between my mom's situation and the talk that we had yesterday, we can prevent her from having the same issues that we have developed.

I hope everyone is doing well. I will be checking in later tonight and catching up on all my steps. Have a great weekend!

That is so scary about your Mom! Take time to rest and time to decompress.
    azkunk wrote: »
    I’ve been busy the past couple of days and haven’t checked in but Ive been staying pretty much on track. Macros have been a bit on the low side and I was a little short on my water goal yesterday but I’ve been keeping my steps up.

NSV—- I bought a pair of size 12 jeans and they are not snug at all!

Awesome NSV!
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    So I am really trying to do this "change from within" self-growth thing and created a personal development plan to get myself on track. Tell me what you guys' think!

Personal Development Plan:

Areas in my life where I want to achieve success
    Fitness
    Health
    Career/Knowledge
    Finances
    Education

Specific goal for each area
    Exercise at least 3x/week
    Get down to at least 175 pounds (60 pounds lost)
    Become a certified ER nurse; TNCC certification; VAN certified
    Have $3,000 in spending account; $5,000 in savings.
    Re-Enroll in class and maintain A average

Timeframe: 1 year

Reward I will give to myself if I achieve this goal: Full Arm Sleeve

Strengths and advantages I have that can have my achieve this goal
    Knowledge of the gym and gym equipment
    Connections and people to lead me in advancing my career
    Multiple sources of income

Which new skills/knowledge will help me to achieve my goal?
    Knowledge of targeted workouts and plans to maximize results
    Pre-planned meals to keep me on track,
    Certification study books

Which actions do I need to take to achieve this goal?
    Action 1: Saving 20% of my paycheck.
    Action 2: Going to the gym 3x a week
    Action 3: Read for 30 minutes a night at least 5 days out of the week
    Action 4: Reach out to my counselor about getting on track and staying on track.
    Action 5: Create and stick to a daily routine

Things I choose to start doing and stop doing which will help me to achieve my goal:

Start Doing
    Reading books
    Only buying essentials
    Networking
    Eating better
    Step out of comfort zones

Stop Doing
    Procrastinating
    Complaining
    Making excuses
    Skipping morning/night routines
    Eating for comfort/convenience

I love love LOVE this so much!!!!!!

When I was in therapy 2 years ago, my friend (she's basicaly my Canadian Momma) gave me a notebook and on the front wrote "life goals" and i have yet to get it out and fill it out. Imma do it! This has really inspired me!

And you did good SMART goals too- cut down in bitesized chunks- realistic, omg this makes me so giddy

and the REWARD. YESSSSSSSS. I love tattoos!

Ahhh i'm so happy for you I swear, and I trust you are going to ROCK it!!!!!! <3<3
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Thanks, I'll try that:)
  • draby2011
    Options

I love love LOVE this so much!!!!!!

When I was in therapy 2 years ago, my friend (she's basicaly my Canadian Momma) gave me a notebook and on the front wrote "life goals" and i have yet to get it out and fill it out. Imma do it! This has really inspired me!

And you did good SMART goals too- cut down in bitesized chunks- realistic, omg this makes me so giddy

and the REWARD. YESSSSSSSS. I love tattoos!

Ahhh i'm so happy for you I swear, and I trust you are going to ROCK it!!!!!! <3<3

I can't take all the credit; I found the template and the inspiration from Reddit. However, I am really excited about how this got broken down to make it much more achievable and make it seem...easier, for lack of a better word. I am also working on a vision board and leaving little trinkets to remember my goals wherever I can. I think this is it! Finally, my time to achieve my goals!
  • draby2011
    Options
    12/1: 6,924 steps
    12/2: 3,687 steps
    12/3: 8,311 steps
    12/4: 2,981 steps (left my fitbit on the charger :neutral: )
    12/5: 4,084 steps

Tomorrow starts my day fulfilling my personal development plan! I am feeling pretty excited about it too! What are some things that you guys do to remind you to stay on track?! I actually started a squat challenge with my co-worker and when we get downtime we walk/jog around the ER doing exercises in between laps. I am loving it so far!
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    4th December

* Track/ under calories/no restricting - ✔️✔️✔️
    * 2L water ✔️
    * "fresh air" count- 15 ✔️
    * midnight bedtime ✔️
    * Awake and out of bed by 9am ✔️
    Steps- 13,095

Workouts- 5 out of 4 for the week ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️

Wow I really didn't think I was going to get my steps in today! I was feeling so rough today- mix of emotionally and physically (after yesterday's poopy day I guess lol) So at 6 I decided to do some dancing. WELL. After that I found some energy! I showed my wife how to do some things on the wii fit (which I'm jealous she can do cus I still can't workout on it yet because of my weight) and we did a 10 minute free-step together, I put some dance music on and I stepped to the side of her. It was fun!

I did weigh myself on the wii fit today- and it works! But once I put on my workout clothes and have a glass of water, I am too heavy :( So give it a few days I guess!

I am going to try and do some exercise in the morning again- even if it's just for half an hour- see if that's why I was feeling so bad, maybe I was just having an off day. We shall see.

Tomorrow I'll have to do some cleaning too, I didn't do much at all today. Even though I did get out of bed before 9am! I was even in bed by 11 last night, but I was tossing and turning til nearly 1am! Hopefully my sleep will improve.

Anyway so I am officially enrolled in school! Paid and signed up today. I only signed up for 1 course to see how I go. There's a compulsort Mathematics module- Introduction to Statistics. I signed up for that because I was actually going to do a BSc in Mathematical Sciences years ago but the foundation year threw me- I had to do a lot of engineering modules (most of the foundation year students were going into engineering so it was mostly catered to them) and because of those modules I failed. But the maths stuff I was great at- always enjoyed the subject. So once I finish that course, I will maybe go to another one or 2. Just need to get a routine going there. I'm scared AND excited!

Anyhoo, the wife and I are going to chill and watch some TV before bed.

Stay safe all <3

This is so exciting to be signed up for school. I always feel like "anything can happen" when I am taking a course, etc. Good luck!

Ahh thankyou!! I just want to get started now!! But at least I have about 4 weeks to prep for it, and get myself ready!!! ^_^
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    5th December

* 2L water ✔️
    * "fresh air" count- 16 ✔️
    * midnight bedtime ✔️
    Steps- 12,667

Workouts- 6 out of 4 for the week ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️

Hi all! Just sneaking in here to do my daily check in before jumping in the shower and heading to bed. Busy day planned for tomorrow!

So I learned today- the wii fit only resets for weight limit during the loading screen. If you are lighter whilst on the loading screen but then your normal weight (IE over the 330lb) whilst exercising, it still works.

I also learned today that if I just put my finger on the top of the computer monitor next to where I am standing, to get rid of about half a lb, then I am under the max limit while hydrated and wearing clothes.

Follow me for more life hacks ;):D

seriously though- it was nice to change up my workout a bit. I did about 20 min on there, and then my usual dancing tonight. As well as some cleaning. Busy busy! I got so much done while Gael was out, it was wonderful!!

Tomorrow a friend asked to come meet me at my place to go for a walk together, which is about 2 miles, round about. I might take her on a longer walk, we shall see. It's going to be 0 degrees and sunny in the morning, so even I will have to wrap up! Then I have a football game to watch at 2. After that, my friend might need a hand with her christmas stuff, so I offered to be of some service. That may or may not happen, but it would be lovely if it does!! HA actually just as I was typing, I remembered that I am actually speaking at an AA meeting tomorrow night at 7 so I have to change my festive plans, oh well! lol

Food is a little "loud" today. I think I might not be eating enough some days- I am going to keep an eye on that. I don't want to eat too little and then binge. It's not restricting, I feel like I'm just being mindful. But I plan on taking some supper with me if I go to my friend's place tomorrow, just to be prepared.

I'm going to drink some more water before bed, maybe I'm just thirsty!

Anyhoo- I hope everyone had a good day. Hoping to be around tomorrow at some point. It's amazing how being on vacation makes time not only go quicker, but I seem to have so much to do! Especially with Christmas coming up! (I still need to get wrapping paper.... oh, and send my brother's christmas present over to the UK, oh jeeze.

Right, off to jump in the shower- I definitely earned it with my working out today!

Stay safe all <3 hugs all round xx
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Scorpiogirl70
    Checkin 12/5
    Weigh in day is Fridays

Steps today 630
  • Beautyofdreams
    Beautyofdreams Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Walked for 50 minutes outside to enjoy the sunshine.
    Logged all calories.
    Drank 96 oz. of water.
    Over my calories. Darn holiday baked goods! :(
    Stayed up late due to overeating and not being tired until the morning. :(

@ScorpioGirl70 , hope you and your son recover soon.
    @draby2011 , hoping your mother heals well from her surgery and has no more
    complications. Your achievement plan looks measurable and complete. Wishing you
    success on your journey of health and self improvement.
    @littleflutterby, congratulations on returning to university and wishing you success.

My boyfriend has improved and doesn't need to go on a ventilator. He is hoping to be
    released by Christmas but will have to quarantine for two weeks when he returns to his
    home.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

11/29: 92 mins walking, 2 mph, 3.0 incline
    11/30: 50 mins walking, 2 mph, 3.0 incline
    15 mins walking, 3.0 mph, 2.0 incline
    12/1: 25 mins walking, 3.0 mph, 3.0 incline
    12/2: 45 mins walking, 2.5 mph, 3.0 incline
    12/3: 40 mins walking, 2.0 mph, 1.5 incline

Wait for it......

12/4: 13, 306 steps
    12/5: 14, 104 steps

Please just enter what you will. Just happy I figured out steps with my crazy interim watch!! :D:p
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

December Goals & Check ins:

Goals:
    1) Spend two times per day reflecting on goals outside of weight loss, and writing in my gratuity journal.
    2) Getting 6+ hours of sleep per night.
    3) At least 8+ glasses of water per day
    4) Staying at or under calories

Check ins:
    From Sunday, 11/29, through Saturday, 12/5, I have accomplished all 4 goals daily. Only reporting them this way, this time, so this isn't such a long-*kitten* message :D:D .
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Username: Piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 210
    CW (Current Weight): 213
    LTD (Loss to Date): your TOTAL loss since your highest weight ever (optional): I'm up 3lbs this week, I've not been disciplined with eating. I hate that when I fall off the wagon, it's the hardest task in the world to get back on it. But I will keep trying!

Happy Sunday to everyone, happy second advent!

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    So I am really trying to do this "change from within" self-growth thing and created a personal development plan to get myself on track. Tell me what you guys' think!

Personal Development Plan:

Areas in my life where I want to achieve success
    Fitness
    Health
    Career/Knowledge
    Finances
    Education

Specific goal for each area
    Exercise at least 3x/week
    Get down to at least 175 pounds (60 pounds lost)
    Become a certified ER nurse; TNCC certification; VAN certified
    Have $3,000 in spending account; $5,000 in savings.
    Re-Enroll in class and maintain A average

Timeframe: 1 year

Reward I will give to myself if I achieve this goal: Full Arm Sleeve

Strengths and advantages I have that can have my achieve this goal
    Knowledge of the gym and gym equipment
    Connections and people to lead me in advancing my career
    Multiple sources of income

Which new skills/knowledge will help me to achieve my goal?
    Knowledge of targeted workouts and plans to maximize results
    Pre-planned meals to keep me on track,
    Certification study books

Which actions do I need to take to achieve this goal?
    Action 1: Saving 20% of my paycheck.
    Action 2: Going to the gym 3x a week
    Action 3: Read for 30 minutes a night at least 5 days out of the week
    Action 4: Reach out to my counselor about getting on track and staying on track.
    Action 5: Create and stick to a daily routine

Things I choose to start doing and stop doing which will help me to achieve my goal:

Start Doing
    Reading books
    Only buying essentials
    Networking
    Eating better
    Step out of comfort zones

Stop Doing
    Procrastinating
    Complaining
    Making excuses
    Skipping morning/night routines
    Eating for comfort/convenience

This is amazing! I am going to steal this. I love the detail and the way everything is broke down. You have realistic goals. Your actions to achieve them doable.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    5th December

* 2L water ✔️
    * "fresh air" count- 16 ✔️
    * midnight bedtime ✔️
    Steps- 12,667

Workouts- 6 out of 4 for the week ✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️

Hi all! Just sneaking in here to do my daily check in before jumping in the shower and heading to bed. Busy day planned for tomorrow!

So I learned today- the wii fit only resets for weight limit during the loading screen. If you are lighter whilst on the loading screen but then your normal weight (IE over the 330lb) whilst exercising, it still works.

I also learned today that if I just put my finger on the top of the computer monitor next to where I am standing, to get rid of about half a lb, then I am under the max limit while hydrated and wearing clothes.

Follow me for more life hacks ;):D

seriously though- it was nice to change up my workout a bit. I did about 20 min on there, and then my usual dancing tonight. As well as some cleaning. Busy busy! I got so much done while Gael was out, it was wonderful!!

Tomorrow a friend asked to come meet me at my place to go for a walk together, which is about 2 miles, round about. I might take her on a longer walk, we shall see. It's going to be 0 degrees and sunny in the morning, so even I will have to wrap up! Then I have a football game to watch at 2. After that, my friend might need a hand with her christmas stuff, so I offered to be of some service. That may or may not happen, but it would be lovely if it does!! HA actually just as I was typing, I remembered that I am actually speaking at an AA meeting tomorrow night at 7 so I have to change my festive plans, oh well! lol

Food is a little "loud" today. I think I might not be eating enough some days- I am going to keep an eye on that. I don't want to eat too little and then binge. It's not restricting, I feel like I'm just being mindful. But I plan on taking some supper with me if I go to my friend's place tomorrow, just to be prepared.

I'm going to drink some more water before bed, maybe I'm just thirsty!

Anyhoo- I hope everyone had a good day. Hoping to be around tomorrow at some point. It's amazing how being on vacation makes time not only go quicker, but I seem to have so much to do! Especially with Christmas coming up! (I still need to get wrapping paper.... oh, and send my brother's christmas present over to the UK, oh jeeze.

Right, off to jump in the shower- I definitely earned it with my working out today!

Stay safe all <3 hugs all round xx

You are going to be crazy busy. You are an inspiration with your working out.

Walked for 50 minutes outside to enjoy the sunshine.
    Logged all calories.
    Drank 96 oz. of water.
    Over my calories. Darn holiday baked goods! :(
    Stayed up late due to overeating and not being tired until the morning. :(

@ScorpioGirl70 , hope you and your son recover soon.
    @draby2011 , hoping your mother heals well from her surgery and has no more
    complications. Your achievement plan looks measurable and complete. Wishing you
    success on your journey of health and self improvement.
    @littleflutterby, congratulations on returning to university and wishing you success.

My boyfriend has improved and doesn't need to go on a ventilator. He is hoping to be
    released by Christmas but will have to quarantine for two weeks when he returns to his
    home.

Great news on your boyfriend. I am so glad I don’t bake. Get some rest today.

Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

December Goals & Check ins:

Goals:
    1) Spend two times per day reflecting on goals outside of weight loss, and writing in my gratuity journal.
    2) Getting 6+ hours of sleep per night.
    3) At least 8+ glasses of water per day
    4) Staying at or under calories

Check ins:
    From Sunday, 11/29, through Saturday, 12/5, I have accomplished all 4 goals daily. Only reporting them this way, this time, so this isn't such a long-*kitten* message :D:D .

You are awesome! It must feel good to improve your sleep. I had a better week with sleep this week also

Piqueaboo wrote: »
    Username: Piqueaboo
    Weigh In Day Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 210
    CW (Current Weight): 213
    LTD (Loss to Date): your TOTAL loss since your highest weight ever (optional): I'm up 3lbs this week, I've not been disciplined with eating. I hate that when I fall off the wagon, it's the hardest task in the world to get back on it. But I will keep trying!

Happy Sunday to everyone, happy second advent!

Put the week behind you and get back on that wagon! I have faith in you.
    12/1: 6,924 steps
    12/2: 3,687 steps
    12/3: 8,311 steps
    12/4: 2,981 steps (left my fitbit on the charger :neutral: )
    12/5: 4,084 steps

Tomorrow starts my day fulfilling my personal development plan! I am feeling pretty excited about it too! What are some things that you guys do to remind you to stay on track?! I actually started a squat challenge with my co-worker and when we get downtime we walk/jog around the ER doing exercises in between laps. I am loving it so far!

I am struggling with my binge eating but one of the biggest things that is helping me is having compassion for myself. It helps me from totally giving up. I think your creating a routine is a very important key. You can use the habit tracker on the main page of the group.
  • draby2011
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Thanks for the heads up about the habit tracker! Definitely going to try that out!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    12/4 10,331
    12/5 6,480

Been off-track the last couple of days. Back on-track today!
This discussion has been closed.