Replies

• southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Dec Wk 2 - Sun, 12/6

Track: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: None

I cooked dinner tonight. I never cook. I seasoned hamburger patties, cut them up into quarters, and grilled them in a pan. I used little rolls, toasted, to make mini hamburgers. With some mashed potatoes and watermelon, I think I made a decent meal.
  • Jen_967
    Jen_967 Posts: 1,919 Member
    Options
    AB0215 wrote: »
    I've been struggling with some aspects of weightloss and I think one of those has been emotional eating. I'm doing a 30 day emotional eating journal challenge and I wanted to share it with you guys since I think it's probably a common weight loss hinderance and I think it's focused on addressing the root causes of emotional eating and offering tips to help cope.
    e1fly88tlwxq.jpg
    [/quote

That would be so great. I’m struggling also with emotional eating and it’s really hindering my weight loss. Keep your head up. You will get there! 💕
  • Jen_967
    Options
    Daily Post
    Sunday
    Track: yes
    Calories: under
    Exercise: walked 3.5 miles
  • Kin59vara
    Kin59vara Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Daily Post: Monday
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: Daily Burn, 4625 steps

Brought my dog Rudy to the Emergency Vet and we thought we might need to put her to sleep. She may have Cushing's disease which is a tumor. We brought her home and she is walking, eating and defecating and being her loveable self but we are seeing a steady decline since the spring lockdown. It was a real emotional roller coaster yesterday. She is blind, hearing impaired and is wanting to eat all the time and has liver disease. We now have a reason why. The tumor is in the brain and effects everything.
  • AB0215
    AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
    Options
    Kin59vara wrote: »

Brought my dog Rudy to the Emergency Vet and we thought we might need to put her to sleep. She may have Cushing's disease which is a tumor. We brought her home and she is walking, eating and defecating and being her loveable self but we are seeing a steady decline since the spring lockdown. It was a real emotional roller coaster yesterday. She is blind, hearing impaired and is wanting to eat all the time and has liver disease. We now have a reason why. The tumor is in the brain and effects everything.

@Kin59vara I'm so sorry to hear that. It's really really hard when you have to make those decisions and it's quite literally the hardest part about having and loving a pet. I am so sorry.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Jen_967 wrote: »

That would be so great. I’m struggling also with emotional eating and it’s really hindering my weight loss. Keep your head up. You will get there! 💕

@Jen_967 The really insane part is how long its really taken me to get to a point where I even noticed it was emotional eating. I tend to internalize everything and not let it out and that's just how I am and I think that's hindering my long term success, not that I haven't been able to lose the weight before, but that I never addressed the root of the issue. Instead of dealing with the emotions, I just eat them not realizing that I was even doing that. So here I am trying to lose the weight I already lost once and NOW I'm dealing with the root of it all. Sigh.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Dec Wk 2 - Sun, 12/6

Calories: Under

I cooked dinner tonight. I never cook. I seasoned hamburger patties, cut them up into quarters, and grilled them in a pan. I used little rolls, toasted, to make mini hamburgers. With some mashed potatoes and watermelon, I think I made a decent meal.

@southgirl94 That sounds both delicious and adorable!
  • AB0215
    Options
    Question: What is your focus this week?

For me I do better with routine and structure and I have been getting back in to planning as a tool and I've come to the conclusion that to be successful I have to make my goals a priority so I schedule them! This week, my focus is scheduling and sticking to the schedule.
  • AB0215
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday

Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 1 hour walking.

Comments: Good day. Stuck to the plan, off to a good start this week.
  • dvdadie
    dvdadie Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Username: dvdadie
    Weigh in week: Dec Week 2
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight: 231.2
    Todays Weight: 233.0

Sorry people, got sick last week...
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Monday
    Exercise: yes, walking
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Monday
    Track yes
    Calories yes and under
    Exercise yes treadmill.
  • KymRobyn
    KymRobyn Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Daily post
    Friday
    Exercise: 30 min workout 30 min run training 20 min easy jog
  • Jen_967
    Options

I’m so sorry. I had a cat die years ago because she had a rare tumor in her inner ear. Her balance got so bad she couldn’t walk or jump on the bed anymore. It’s so heartbreaking. My prayers go to you and Rudy. 💕
  • southgirl94
    southgirl94 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Dec Wk 2 - Mon, 12/7

Calories: Over

Thank you to the soldiers and sailors of Pearl Harbor. Your service and sacrifice will never be forgotten.
  • Jen_967
    Options
    dvdadie wrote: »
    Username: dvdadie
    Weigh in week: Dec Week 2
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Previous Week's weight: 231.2
    Todays Weight: 233.0

Sorry people, got sick last week...

I hope you are feeling better.
  • Jen_967
    Options
    Question: What is your focus this week?

For me I do better with routine and structure and I have been getting back in to planning as a tool and I've come to the conclusion that to be successful I have to make my goals a priority so I schedule them! This week, my focus is scheduling and sticking to the schedule.

My focus this week is drinking more water. I’m just not drinking what I was. Also to stop late night snacking. Emotional eating? That’s me totally. 😒
  • Jen_967
    Options
    Daily Post
    Monday
    Calories: walking 20 minutes
  • Kin59vara
    Options

@Kin59vara I'm so sorry to hear that. It's really really hard when you have to make those decisions and it's quite literally the hardest part about having and loving a pet. I am so sorry.

Thanks she is still home and we will listen to our own vet's advice but we know we are not having surgery. We know that we will need to say good-bye soon.
  • Kin59vara
    Options
    Jen_967 wrote: »

I’m so sorry. I had a cat die years ago because she had a rare tumor in her inner ear. Her balance got so bad she couldn’t walk or jump on the bed anymore. It’s so heartbreaking. My prayers go to you and Rudy. 💕

Thanks so much for your concern. She is such a good dog. Many years ago when she was a pup she saved my husband's life. I was out of town as my dad was ill and my daughter, husband and Rudy were at home. My husband was asleep and Rudy started making a racket. he shouted at her but she kept it up. He went to get up to put her in her crate and then he realized he was having a cardiac situation and called 911. So she is a very special dog.
This discussion has been closed.