KristieJC wrote: »
There is no way I lost 4.2 pounds of actual weight. I always lose a lot the first week I start back up, which I’m sure is mostly water that I’m no longer retaining because I’m not eating so much junk. But that’s what the scale tells me, so that’ll help our numbers a lot for this week.
minstrelofsarcasm wrote: »
Happy Wednesday, Everyone!
As we reach the end of the year, it’s a great time for reflection on where we came from and what we’ve been through.
Personally, this year has been a wild ride for me, but one of the things I was most grateful for was the invitation to join this team from Theresa, @1theresamcvean , in June. Little did I know back then that I would eventually become a co-captain with her when Lisa, @cafelelia , stepped down just a month later. I was not expecting to find such a supportive community, and I most definitely was not expecting to enjoy being a part of it – my health journey has so often been a solo adventure. Today, I hope to never go it alone ever again.
And now, we reach the next stage of Team Weight No More, as Theresa decides to become one of many great previous captains and steps back into being a team member. Theresa has been such an incredibly positive presence in the group, and I someday hope to be able to connect with all of you as well as she has.
Which leads me to an open invitation to all of you:
HELP WANTED: Co-Captain of Team Weight No More
Start Date: Transition scheduled for the end of December into the beginning of JanuaryResponsibilities:
• Enter weights for your team into the spreadsheet by early Sunday morning (Eastern)
• Be active in team discussions
• Answer questions and help new members
• Encourage challengers to participate in challenges and in group discussions
• Create and post daily / weekly challenges and/or topics to promote team involvement and help keep the team engaged
• Remind challengers when they are due to weigh in - tag or message them if necessary – pester those who are late
• Encourage participation in the full group challenges
• Work with your co-captain and motivator(s) to keep the team going strong
• Refer any changes needed in the spreadsheets, problems with members, or other issues to the Moderators
• Participate in the Captains Lounge chat thread, and look there for announcementsBenefits:
• New level of accountability
• Really cool co-captain (ahem)
• Dental plan*
• Undying adulation from the team members
*not valid in all countries, see underside for details, terms and conditions may apply
This role really hasn’t taken up too much of my time – I think the most I’ve ever worked on anything for the group is this message, and that’s just because I took a break between writing the first and second paragraphs to get lost in my MFP inbox to get the dates right. And for whomever steps into the role, know that you are not alone in completing all captain responsibilities. Theresa and I have a relaxed breakdown of tasks, and I am not planning to become a stickler now that she is stepping down.
I know that taking on responsibilities during a pandemic may be scary, but I can honestly say that the additional structure has been nothing but beneficial for me.
If you would like to state your interest or have questions, please direct them to me and/or Theresa. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
So... yeah. That's all.
annliz23 wrote: »
I have started eating more and guess what I have lost some weight now at my lowest in years! I guess mixing things up sometimes works!
© 2021 MyFitnessPal, Inc.