Downsizers - December 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,942 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Sorry, that I have not participated for the last week. My boyfriend died of covid pneumonia on his 63rd birthday on December 9th. The funeral and burial were yesterday. It just doesn't seem real yet. We always talked to each other at least three times a day. I will miss the sound of his voice the most.

Dec. 13 weigh in: 162.8
    I have over eaten and not slept nor exercised for the past week. Will try to start some semblance of routine today to while I work through the grief.

I am sooo sorry for your loss ... if you need to vent or talk ..you can always reach out to me ..... Please take cared of yourself ...Hugs
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Sorry, that I have not participated for the last week. My boyfriend died of covid pneumonia on his 63rd birthday on December 9th. The funeral and burial were yesterday. It just doesn't seem real yet. We always talked to each other at least three times a day. I will miss the sound of his voice the most.

😔 I'm so very sad to read this. Condolences on the loss of your boyfriend. 🙏
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    Options
    CHECK IN: WEEK 3 (Wednesday)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    🥤 Water ✔️
    🍽Calories /Tracking✔️
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS
    WED 12/16: 14,500 (spin) + 9,812 (circuit training) + 5,676 = 29,988
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options

I have over eaten and not slept nor exercised for the past week. Will try to start some semblance of routine today to while I work through the grief.

Oh My goodness! I'm so very sorry for your loss. This is truly terrible news. I think it makes total sense that you aren't tracking and having sleep issues. Maybe a good time to just give yourself a break from everything. You can go back on track when you are somewhat over the shock of everything. I hope you have support around you at this time. I hope we can be there to support and encourage you during this difficult time as well. My thoughts and prayers are with. Please feel free to message me as well.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @Beautyofdreams
    I am so very sorry for your loss. Please be kind to yourself, and give yourself time to grieve. Taking a break might just be what you need. Do you have a support system that you can lean on? We can be one for you here as well. Again, I am so very sorry. Lee
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Bluetail6
    Thursday
    PW: 171
    CW: 168.2
    LTD: 25.8

I have hit my personal December goal early. I wanted to be under 170 lbs., by 12/31. I still have 30+ lbs. to go. It has taken me 3.5 months to get here. I'm really happy that I truly believed I could get here and beyond. I got here, and I'm going beyond!! :):)
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post December 16
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 100oz
    Steps 8366
    Exercise Jogging in place 25mins

I'm upset with myself for not paying close enough attention to my total steps at the end of the day. I climbed into bed just over 600 steps short, which I realized this morning. I also did not drink as much water during the day and didn't finish off my gallon! I'm getting distracted by holiday stuff I think. Food is still on point though so I'll make it through just fine! Must pay more attention to detail.
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options

I'm so sorry to read this. Please take time for yourself.
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Scorpiogirl70
    Checkin 12/17

Steps today 2219

I have been going back through the information on MFP looking up my weights and reflecting on this past year. I started off January 1, 2020 at 228 lbs. I have been working on logging my weight journey on a line graph most of the day. This is a practice I plan on continuing into 2021. I'm just trying to come up with a good way to track everything for my own knowledge. I am a visual person as far as seeing my accomplishments in a graph vs numbers.

Do you do anything that helps you stay on track? Like journal? give yourself gold stars? I'm also planning on doing some meal planning this next year, something I have never ever done, so not sure how that will turn out.
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    Food logged and under calories.
    Weight lifted for 50 minutes and walked for 7 minutes. (Gym is limiting us to 1 hour and only
    3 people at a time.)
    Did not sleep last night, too much grief.

Thanks to all for the hugs. It is greatly appreciated.

I was wide awake at 4:30am so to take my mind off the grief. Tried on a pair of Arizona Skinny bootcut jeans in the next size down. I buy a couple of pairs one size smaller than I wear for a goal. They buttoned though snug. Could squat in them.
    It was very bittersweet not being able to tell Kevin and share my joy. It still hasn't sunk in that he is gone.

I love that you tried on the jeans in a size down and they fit!! I'm sorry that you were unable to share this joy with Kevin. I'm, again, so sorry for your loss. I know this is not the same, but when a brother of mine passed a few years ago, I read a book about the stages of grief. I can't remember the name of it. Anyway, that and grief counseling really helped. I was so close to this older brother, that we may as well have been twins.

Please keep posting.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    Options
    @Scorpiogirl70 A couple of things that have helped me this month; I pre-log my meals ahead each week (I mostly eat the same things during the week, so it's pretty easy--weekends are a different story🙆🏻‍♀️). I also use my calendar on my computer to schedule my week's exercise routine. I am visual also, so it helps to see the week view calendar with all of my variable workouts laid out for the week. I check off each workout with a ☑️ when I complete it.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Also, some people find these coloring trackers helpful:

h97rctiomgca.png

You can google: "colouring in weight loss chart" to find one online

• Bluetail6
    Options
    Hey all! Sorry I've been MIA. Depression is really kicking my butt and I have no motivation to do anything.

I'll try my best to come on tomorrow to do my check ins and read all of yours xx

If all you can do is pop by to say hello, that's ok. We're thinking about you and sending positive thoughts!! :)
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Gm Team

It's weekend yay.I love weekend.haha

@Megan_smartiepants1970 sorry I have not updated since ...( I don't even remember my last update).

Today: 38 mins very slow Zumba dance ( was feeling really heavy😅).

Walk : have to go for a short trip at 5pm. Will confirm the time tonight.
    Xx
  • 28Haveitall2020
    Options

Oh accept my deep sympath.

May God grant him Eternal rest and grant you comfort and strength!
  • 28Haveitall2020
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 2,878
    Sleep: ✅
    DBF: 2

I ended up ordering pizza last night and it put me over but I did not binge on it. My weight is up this morning but that is normal after pizza. It may not be settled by tomorrow morning. I am going to drink extra water today. I got the pizza as I was in just way to much pain to cook and I had a headache which I believe was from the pain. I have a dietitian appointment this morning. Today is also meal planning and making my grocery list. This week should be a light grocery list as I am going to use things I have in the house. That way less to move. My appointment is early so I want to get a few hours of move related stuff done after that.

I thought my steps would be more yesterday with the work I did but I quess I was mostly in the kitchen.

Well done on not binging. Hope your appointment goes well.
  • scribb
    scribb Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    3eczgpxp4rz0.png

Not too bad for a snow day where I had to work
This discussion has been closed.