🍽Calories /Tracking✔️
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS
    THURS 12/10: 22,500 (spin) + 16,155 (running/walking) = 38,655
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,571 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    I got my copy of Beck's book "Diet for Life" and have started reading it. As previously shared, I've been working on the muscle to improve a habit and it is not only helping with my saying no to food, but also it is making me aware of the muscle used with spending, teeth cleaning, etc. In reading the book, I notice that I'm feeling a little scared...I'm not sure what this is about, but it feels a little lonely to think I will have a void of the things I'm giving up...or changes I'm making. They say not to give up the food you want, but I am giving up the action, such as binging and eating for comfort. Even being afraid is premature because I really haven't gotten into the program, I just noticed I'm already having feelings about it.

I am excited because I think my secret Santa is getting this for me. I am having trouble finding the workbook that goes with it. It is ok to have those feelings. The first time I did therapy for binge eating my biggest struggle was my feeling of losing the binge. I felt sad, empty, like I was losing a friend and depressed. It is ok to feel these feelings. They subsided as I worked through therapy. One of the biggest things I did was begin a new hobby. It was something I relied on when these feelings would get overwhelming. I put on my Christmas wish list that I gave my hubby a few ideas for a starter kit in a few different crafts.
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    11/6
    Reflections/Gratuity: Yes
    Sleep: Yes
    Water: Yes
    At/Under calories: Yes

11/7
    Calories: No, over 220 calories since my journey began in September!

11/8
    Calories: Yes

11/9

Weigh In:

PW: 173.4
    CW: 171

Your check ins are really good. One day over calories in 3 months and you had Thanksgiving in there is amazing! Awesome loss!

Hello team. Quick check in for me as it’s been awhile. It makes me smile to see how active everyone is in our team and how supportive you all are for each other.

I’m sorry I haven’t been active this month at all. I’ve let myself step away and kinda just keep to myself. On the 9th it was the 7 year anniversary of my moms passing. That along with my current grief of losing my brother in law and nieces and confinement and my mom in law going through depression and a Covid scare (false positive test) its not been easy to focus on my own weight loss goals. Fair warning I am coming in with a gain tomorrow. Sorry 😔

I am trying to keep my head up but is been hard as it’s been for so many of us this past year. I don’t know about you all but I’m so ready for this year to be over and turning the page on one of the worst chapters of my life.

Any who catching up with my steps. I don’t remember the last time I posted them so here they are for the week...

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Sat - 6,843
    Sun - 2,453
    Mon - 15,115
    Tue - 16,115
    Wed - 20,661
    Thu - 17,616
    Fri - coming soon
    Sat - coming soon

Mari, it is so nice to catch up. You have had a rough year and I think we get to enter 2021 with hope.
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

12/10

My smartwatch has been acting up.... for the last few nights, it has me sleeping for 14+ hrs!! I have averaged 7.5 to 8. It also stopped counting steps on Tuesday... I'm not upset at all. It was only meant to be an interim solution. Thank goodness it was cheap, lol. At least it is a cute watch. How's that for making lemonade out of oranges!! Well that's what this crazy smartwatch situation feels like. I think Santa might be good to me this year..... :D:D

I hope the jolly old elf brings you a nice smart watch.

lelbarou wrote: »
    check in for Dec. 9 and Dec. 10
    Dec. 9
    track- yes
    exercise - yes
    steps - 6779

Dec. 10
    Track - yes (way over - binge)
    exercise - yes
    steps - 6397

Had a huge binge last night. After my interview, I just crashed. Instead of being able to relax, I just felt nervous and like I was crawling in my own skin. Wanted to do anything to escape that. I made it through most of the day and then binged at night. This morning I feel really down. Also, I'm not sure if MFP, at least on my main page is for me. I didn't even want to enter my walk from last night. Actually I didn't because sometimes I just don't want to engage with others. Also, someone said something which I thought was so judgmental. It wasn't even to do with weight, but it felt like a really mean spirited comment. I can unfriend the person, but they have become friends with pretty much most of my friends and are all over my feed.

Anyway, I'm just feeling down, but thought I would check in.

I am sorry that someone made a judgmental comment. Can you ask the person what they meant because sometimes when typing on a keyboard things don’t come across as we mean them? I am sorry this happened to you. Whatever you do don’t give up. You have made remarkable progress with both your weight loss and your walking. I am proud of you.

Today is brand new. Try to call a friend or send someone a message. Take today minute by minute if you have to. I understand how hard it is to pick up after a binge. You got this!

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    WEIGH IN: FRIDAY, DEC 11:
    PW: 176.8
    CW: 177.4

CHECK IN: WEEK 2 (Thursday)
    🏋🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    🥤 Water ✔️
    🍽Calories /Tracking✔️
    💤 Sleep ✔️

👣 STEPS
    THURS 12/10: 22,500 (spin) + 16,155 (running/walking) = 38,655

Sometimes after a big loss like you had last week it is not unusual to see a small gain the following week. Your exercise could also cause a slight jump.
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    check in for Dec. 9 and Dec. 10
    Dec. 9
    track- yes
    exercise - yes
    steps - 6779

Dec. 10
    Track - yes (way over - binge)
    exercise - yes
    steps - 6397

Had a huge binge last night. After my interview, I just crashed. Instead of being able to relax, I just felt nervous and like I was crawling in my own skin. Wanted to do anything to escape that. I made it through most of the day and then binged at night. This morning I feel really down. Also, I'm not sure if MFP, at least on my main page is for me. I didn't even want to enter my walk from last night. Actually I didn't because sometimes I just don't want to engage with others. Also, someone said something which I thought was so judgmental. It wasn't even to do with weight, but it felt like a really mean spirited comment. I can unfriend the person, but they have become friends with pretty much most of my friends and are all over my feed.

Anyway, I'm just feeling down, but thought I would check in.

You are a brave person to check in and share how you are feeling. I hope you know there are many who support you and I, for one, look up to you and look forward to reading your posts.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Thursday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Water:✅
    Steps: 2,816
    Sleep: ✅
    DBF: 2

PW 216.4
    CW 215.4
    LTD 47.8

My focus is binge eating and I can’t wait to start the book the Beck Diet Solution. I know someone in the group bought the workbook. Can you tell me where you got it from? They only ones I found so far are used.

Another day of move related things. I also have to do my meal plan for next week.

Happy FriYAY!
  • 363days
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Yes, you are describing how I felt, I'm sure I will be dealing with this moving forward. The idea of getting crafts is a great idea! I will try to figure something out. Do you mind sharing what some of your ideas are? Thrift books has one copy of Beck Diet Solutions Weight Loss Workbook for 4.69 - it may be gone quickly but I'm not sure if there are different work books.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Yes, you are describing how I felt, I'm sure I will be dealing with this moving forward. The idea of getting crafts is a great idea! I will try to figure something out. Do you mind sharing what some of your ideas are? Thrift books has one copy of Beck Diet Solutions Weight Loss Workbook for 4.69 - it may be gone quickly but I'm not sure if there are different work books.

Somethings I asked for are
    Beginner macrame kit
    Needle felting kit
    Diamond art (this is what I started when in therapy but I stopped doing them)

Other things that come to mind are
    learning to knit or crochet
    Paint by number
    learning to sew

Anything that you have to concentrate on and will take your mind off the binge. When I was doing diamond art it was great for taking my mind off things.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Sometimes after a big loss like you had last week it is not unusual to see a small gain the following week. Your exercise could also cause a slight jump.

Thank you Linda, I'm trying not to let it mess with my mind, because I know I did everything I could this last week (fasting, tracking, macros, training, sleep and water). Now I have to get through this weekend clean.

Have a wonderful Friday :)
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    12/10 Steps 13,056
  • 363days
    Options

Thank you Linda, I'm trying not to let it mess with my mind, because I know I did everything I could this last week (fasting, tracking, macros, training, sleep and water). Now I have to get through this weekend clean.

Have a wonderful Friday :)

I bet you are going to see a big change in your body shape, if you haven't already. You are an inspiratio with your dedication.
  • 363days
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Thanks for the ideas. I used to love paint by number as a child - might give it a try since it doesn't require any skills!
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post December 10
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 9011
    Exercise 30min Inc Dance Fit video

So technically I got the rest of my steps for the day (like 800) a little after midnight so my step counter still shows me short. But, I'm counting it cuz I did them before I hopped in to bed for the night! Haha. Today is grocery shopping day so after my son goes to preschool, I'll be heading out for a while. After my small gain last week I'm anxious to get to weigh day and see what's up. I've been trying not to get on the scale early.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Steps 12/11: 12,023
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Steps 12/9 12,859
    12/10 4,501 (Fitbit died during the day 😩)

Next week I will try to start checking in more again.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Somethings I asked for are
    Beginner macrame kit
    Needle felting kit
    Diamond art (this is what I started when in therapy but I stopped doing them)

Other things that come to mind are
    learning to knit or crochet
    Paint by number
    learning to sew

Anything that you have to concentrate on and will take your mind off the binge. When I was doing diamond art it was great for taking my mind off things.

I just had to google what diamond art is. Looks cool definitely need to try, plenty of time to fill coming up!

• littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Happy Friday!!! First of all, my daily check ins for a couple of days!

9th December

* Track/ under calories/no restricting - ✔️✔️✔️
    * 2L water ✔️
    * "fresh air" count- 14 ✔️
    * midnight bedtime ✔️
    * Awake and out of bed by 9am ✔️
    Steps- 7722

10th December

* Track/ under calories/no restricting - ✔️✔️✔️
    * 2L water ✔️
    * "fresh air" count- 10 ✔️
    * midnight bedtime ✔️
    * Awake and out of bed by 9am ✔️
    Steps- 3810

On wednesday I was going to continue reading and responding to you awesome peeps, but I ended up in bed by like 10.30. and yesterday I was running errands and didnt get home til 11.52 (still made it in bed by midnight haha)

So I don't have covid. And I have an appointment with my doctor for Wednesday morning. I was ok for most of the day yesterday- but then after supper, I got the pains again. It just feels like trapped wind, it's weird.

Anyhoo, today I have a few hours to myself so imma just do a few chores and come back to read and respond- cus there is a LOT of stuff <3
  • 363days
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    ST 171.6
    PW- 172
    CW - 169.6
    There's a food truck in my future tonight - with tons of beautiful Christmas Lights. I'm going to focus on the lights.
This discussion has been closed.